PDA

View Full Version : Canadians!! Who'd've thought??!!!

frequent
October 9th, 2018, 14:35
According to this report the largest group of ex-pats living in Thailand are Canadians!! http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30356023

And that's without counting Matt. Dame Edna once referred to Canada's national symbols in an interview with KD Lang - "your Mounties, your maple leaf, your beaver"

No wonder Smiles disapproves of Matt letting the side down so often and so much

latintopxxx
October 9th, 2018, 16:41
..they al pretend to be american...cant having those righteous wouldnt harm a fly types in pattaya taking advantage of those mbs

Nirish guy
October 9th, 2018, 17:15
No you're wrong Latin, they might WANT to try and pretend to be yanks for the purposes of hiding under the radar, BUT have you ever gone up to a Canadian and said " Oh so you're an American?" Na, they just can't hold it in, the instant and strong and HIGHLY offended denial comes rushing out of their mouths at breakneck speed to correct your error and to tell you that "NO they are NOT American THEY are Canadian in fact !"

So, whilst they might TRY to play the yank when it suits unfortunately for them that A word is their genetic shibboleth and one that gives them up every time ! :-)

Smiles
October 9th, 2018, 17:29
Exactly. Nirish gets it better than I.
It's even more appalling since the dumbest man in the world became the most powerful man in the world.

Smiles
October 9th, 2018, 20:20
And about that topic ...

Have you any idea how much Blut und Boden you've added to my easy-going life by using the word "Who'd've" in a sentence which also includes the silly-ness of ??!! and wherein I must sit down with Mr Suphot attempting to explain what this all means, and why English has parts of words glued in, and why the English language is so stupid, and why I have to "say that again" at 1:00 am in the morning.
Thanks a fucking million . . . dork.

gerefan2
October 9th, 2018, 20:53
So, whilst they might TRY to play the yank when it suits unfortunately for them that A word is their genetic shibboleth and one that gives them up every time ! :-)

I used to think Americans were loud and obnoxious until I went to my Secondary School which had Americans and Canadians...

Smiles
October 10th, 2018, 00:18
I used to think Americans were loud and obnoxious until I went to my Secondary School which had Americans and Canadians...
And yes yes yes ... so which groups -- by nationality -- were the loudest, and the most obnoxious? Your answer must NOT be the canucks ... of course.
Let's just think about the concept of the Ugly American shall we.

Captain Swing
October 10th, 2018, 03:38
And yes yes yes ... so which groups -- by nationality -- were the loudest, and the most obnoxious? Your answer must NOT be the canucks ... of course.
Let's just think about the concept of the Ugly American shall we.

None of you have ever met an Australian, I take it?

frequent
October 10th, 2018, 10:45
In my experience small communities very often have a chip on their shoulder about their larger neighbours

New Zealanders vs. Australians
Canadians vs. Americans
Scots vs. English

It even gets down to the city level. A friend who lives in New Zealand says that those who live outside the largest city, Auckland, sometimes talk about "JAFAs" - Just Another Fucking Aucklander

werner
October 10th, 2018, 13:26
In my experience small communities very often have a chip on their shoulder about their larger neighbours

New Zealanders vs. Australians
Canadians vs. Americans
Scots vs. English

In my experience, it is often the BIG, POWERFUL countries that have a chip on their shoulders about the smaller countries in their vicinity. For example,

China vs. Japan
USA vs. Cuba
UK vs. Ireland
USA vs.Canada
Thailand vs. Laos

francois
October 10th, 2018, 13:37
In my experience, it is often the BIG, POWERFUL countries that have a chip on their shoulders about the smaller countries in their vicinity. For example,

USA vs.Canada

Canada is about same area as the USA. Not as powerful.

frequent
October 10th, 2018, 13:45

China vs. Japan
USA vs. Cuba
UK vs. Ireland
USA vs.Canada
Thailand vs. LaosThe Chinese, in particular, are simply returning to type - they are the Middle Kingdom (ie. the centre of the world) and everyone should kowtow to them. Many of the others could be put down to mendicant (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mendicant) countries pissing off their richer patrons. I'd have to say during all the years I spent in the US I never heard an American talk about Canada - it was simply an irrelevance

frequent
October 10th, 2018, 14:07
Canada is about same area as the USA. Not as powerful.Size queen! It's about population not area I'd have thought

werner
October 10th, 2018, 14:18
I'd have to say during all the years I spent in the US I never heard an American talk about Canada - it was simply an irrelevance

Hmm... I also spent many years in the U.S. (too many years in fact), and found that some Americans obsessed with Canada and Canadians. For example, leftist Americans seems to fantasize about Canada as some type of ideal society with, for instance, low crime rates and wonderful health care for all.

Americans do not seem to know much about the French Canadians, (Québecois). In fact, many Americans do not even realize that French is an official language of Canada. The Québecois have their own special hang-ups about Americans and about people that speak French with European (or African) accents.

frequent
October 10th, 2018, 14:54
Americans do not seem to know much about the French Canadians, (Québecois). In fact, many Americans do not even realize that French is an official language of Canada. The Québecois have their own special hang-ups about Americans and about people that speak French with European (or African) accents.I'd agree if you'd used the word "care" rather than "know"

werner
October 10th, 2018, 15:06
This is an interesting discussion for some of us.

But doesn't this belong in "Everything Else" rather than "Gay Thailand"?

latintopxxx
October 10th, 2018, 15:10
since when does ice count as a country...place is a frozen wasteland...makes dakota in winter look like paradise...and everyone lives within 5 min of the US border just in casenthe next ice age hots and they gotta flee...

arsenal
October 10th, 2018, 15:23
The UK doesn't really have a chip on our shoulder about Ireland. After all, we won....just like all the others. AWoI notwithstanding. And the Irish are far too busy having chips about each other and whether someone is green or orange to care about much else. So it's all good.

frequent
October 10th, 2018, 15:30
This is an interesting discussion for some of us. But doesn't this belong in "Everything Else" rather than "Gay Thailand"?Did you read the original post? It states a finding reported in a Thai newspaper that Canadians are the most numerous ex-pats in Thailand. However if you want it moved the appropriate way of doing that is to "report" the post to the Mods via the red exclamation mark (!) and suggest where you believe it belongs

francois
October 10th, 2018, 17:28
werner, please don't question the word of the pansophic frequent who is over and beyond mere mortals.

arsenal
October 10th, 2018, 17:55
Yes. He is the Delphic Oracle of the board and we are indeed fortunate he graces us with his wisdom. And so often too.

frequent
October 10th, 2018, 18:11
werner, please don't question the word of the pansophic frequent who is over and beyond mere mortals.Quite so. However since Scotland has already been mentioned I thought I would remind members that the Duchess of Rothesay will be attending harvest festival celebrations in that small country on Friday rather than having a knees up at the nuptials of Prince Andrew’s daughter. I expect a full report on her activities from Scottish-guy

latintopxxx
October 11th, 2018, 02:29
duchess...amazing...talk about climbing the social ladder

kittyboy
October 11th, 2018, 03:17
"The bureau announced on its website on Monday that there were 1.6 million foreigners living in Thailand between January and August.
Canadians were the biggest group – 9,872 migrants – followed by 9,583 Dutch people, 9,566 Bangladeshis and 9,483 Italians"

I cut and pasted the above from the Nation article frequent posted the link to.
The numbers do not make sense. 1.6 million foreigners living in Thailand - with Canadians the biggest group at 9,872.
There are 195 countries in the world and if say 100 countries have large populations of people living in Thailand and using the largest reported group - Canadians at 9872 - 100 * 9872 = 987,200 migrants NOT the 1.6 million reported earlier in the article.
I suspect the article is reporting two different statistics.
There are probably many 10s of thousands of Cambodian and Myanmarians (Burmese) living in LOS. They are probably the largest number of foreigners living in the LOS. The article also reports 10 million tourists to the LOS - January to August 8 months. The tourist numbers I have seen is somewhere around 3 million a month or a bit less then 24 million tourists Jan-Aug if you use the average.
The numbers in the article are off.

DoubleDutch
October 11th, 2018, 04:03
This is an interesting discussion for some of us.

But doesn't this belong in "Everything Else" rather than "Gay Thailand"?

Excellent catch! True Mod material! Hopefully Standartenfuhrer takes notice, werner, and your mod application is fast tracked!

frequent
October 11th, 2018, 04:21
duchess...amazing...talk about climbing the social ladderI thought it useful to remind scotty that even given Ms Sturgeon's aim of separating Scotland, the Duchess will still be Queen of Scotland one day. I also find you can never mention Prince Andrew enough for people like a447 and arsenal. Two for the price of one, do you see

dab69
October 11th, 2018, 07:19
"report" the post to the Mods via the red exclamation mark (!)

Looks "white" to me surrounded by a "red" triangle...

frequent
October 11th, 2018, 08:16
Looks "white" to me surrounded by a "red" triangle...Racist

francois
October 11th, 2018, 12:47
Looks "white" to me surrounded by a "red" triangle...

Looks like a red,equilateral triangle with a small white "!".

frequent
October 11th, 2018, 13:59
Looks like a red,equilateral triangle with a small white "!".Equilateral? I'm reminded of that Native American geometrical proof "The squaw on the hippopotamus is equal to the sum of the squaws on the other two hides" although purists will argue that the hippopotamus is not native to the Americas. It pays not to over-think these things

Smiles
October 11th, 2018, 15:03
Equilateral? I'm reminded of that Native American geometrical proof "The squaw on the hippopotamus is equal to the sum of the squaws on the other two hides" although purists will argue that the hippopotamus is not native to the Americas. It pays not to over-think these thingsFrequent my fellow, it really is time for you to get rid of at least 4 or 5 of the dozen dildos you have perpetually stuffed up your ass on any given day.

Just trying to be of some help, as well as being nice. I'm Canadian after all and abhor being confrontational.

frequent
October 11th, 2018, 15:28
Just trying to be of some help, as well as being nice. I'm Canadian after all and abhor being confrontational.Failing both aims equally badly

Smiles
October 11th, 2018, 15:41
Failing both aims equally badlyBut you're biased, doncha think? Perhaps lacking a smidgen of "self awareness" ... as Beachlover would say, endlessly.

Just FYI: which was I failing in . . . "help" "nice" or "confrontational". That's three.

frequent
October 12th, 2018, 10:56
Have you any idea how much Blut und Boden you've added to my easy-going life by using the word "Who'd've" in a sentence which also includes the silly-ness of ??!! and wherein I must sit down with Mr Suphot attempting to explain what this all means, and why English has parts of words glued in, and why the English language is so stupid, and why I have to "say that again" at 1:00 am in the morning.Perhaps you could use this article to make it clearer - https://www.spectator.co.uk/2018/10/thanks-to-trump-the-exclamation-mark-is-having-its-best-year-ever/

Best of luck with the dildos. Maybe you guys could start using one of these:

dinagam
October 12th, 2018, 11:02
It looks like a two-headed Canadian Pacific eel.

francois
October 12th, 2018, 13:34
Equilateral? I'm reminded of that Native American geometrical proof "The squaw on the hippopotamus is equal to the sum of the squaws on the other two hides" although purists will argue that the hippopotamus is not native to the Americas. It pays not to over-think these things

Racist! Squaw is a derogatory word referring to female Native Americans both in USA and Canada. Poor word choice for a self-proclaimed elitist.

frequent
October 12th, 2018, 14:00
Racist! Squaw is a derogatory word referring to female Native Americans both in USA and Canada. Poor word choice for a self-proclaimed elitist.Entirely apposite for an elitist, surely?