PDA

View Full Version : Music played in gay venues and shows no longer of interest

lonelywombat
October 3rd, 2018, 09:55
Friend of mine that used to go to all the gay venues with cabaret shows stunned me, when he stated he lost interest as the music played ,became less interesting even boring. He indicated he liked numbers he could sing along quietly to, rather than new release numbers he had never heard of.

I was used to see him walk through Jomtien to the Venue several nights a week, and was surprised when we met at La Bocca for dinner, to hear his statements.

I asked what his music taste was and he pointed out a bar , across the road from Lindas ,where they had live music and played country and western ,which he liked
This is on the corner of the street that leads into Zing. One soi towards the beach from Poseiden.
We made an appointment to go to the 8 Jomtien restaurant the other side of that corner, next night. Live music and only 25 m away it was super.

We made the trip there several times before I left and had a great time. The meals were not lavish probably a little better than some meals we had eaten.
The show finishes at 11 or maybe the restaurent closed then. It was time to take a fresh look at the boys in Jomtien. I had a massage before drinks but we had a good time still, this time at Cocka2 bar Nice change.

paborn
October 3rd, 2018, 22:42
I was used to see him walk through Jomtien to the Venue several nights a week, and was surprised when we met at La Bocca for dinner, to hear his statements.

I asked what his music taste was and he pointed out a bar , across the road from Lindas ,where they had live music and played country and western ,which he liked
This is on the corner of the street that leads into Zing. One soi towards the beach from Poseiden.
We made an appointment to go to the 8 Jomtien restaurant the other side of that corner, next night. Live music and only 25 m away it was super.

Lonely, what and where is La Bocca? What is Lindas and is 8 Jomtien the name of the restaurant?

francois
October 3rd, 2018, 23:47
All on google, paborn.

paborn
October 4th, 2018, 01:12
Francois, if you don't care to answer that's fine. But, I'll point out, yet again, that this is a forum for the sharing of information filtered by the special knowledge afforded to gay men on the spot. If all my information came from Google there would be little need of this board. Having said many times that I have never been to Jomtien I will point out again, that simply looking at a map from Google is not the same.
Also, I was unable to locate Jomtien 8 on google.
So, let me rephrase.
1. Where is Bocca? Jomtien, near Sunee - north, south, central?
2. Although the Zing resort is in Jomtien ( or so I've read ) I still find this sentence " on the corner of the street that leads into Zing. One soi towards the beach from Poseiden.
" to be confusing. My maps tell me that Poseiden is on the corner of a street and an interior soi of Jomtien complex. So what corner is the starting point.
Francois, you're a very nice man and I respect you but if you tell me about google you'll get this response. Again, if Lonely doesn't want to clarify or someone doesn't care to respond fine. But, I reserve the right to ask.

Smiles
October 4th, 2018, 02:48
La Bocca is an Italian restaurant directly across the road from the first Theppraya Rd entrance to Jomtien Plaza. (It is nowhere near Sunnee Plaza!)
If you stand there in the JP and look straight out over the road and then just a small movement of the head to the right you'll see it easily. After 7-8 pm it can get quite busy inside (air con) but there are 3 or 4 tables outside on the patio, which I prefer ... but others may not.
Pretty good pizzas, though there are better pizza joints in the same area. I was in Jomtien last week and a friend of mine took me to Toto Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria (just outside the Complex on the street going to the beach). Really really delicious.

PS ... Francois is heads and shoulders above LonelyWombat vis-a-vis directions. Frankly, I'm surprised that LW can actually get out of bed, much less ... :eek:

paborn
October 4th, 2018, 03:07
Thanks.

lonelywombat
October 4th, 2018, 09:35

We made the trip there several times before I left and had a great time. The meals were not lavish probably a little better than some meals we had eaten.
The show finishes at 11 or maybe the restaurent closed then. It was time to take a fresh look at the boys in Jomtien. I had a massage before drinks but we had a good time still, this time at Cocka2 bar Nice change.

Paborn I cannot believe that you have visited Pattaya many times and do not know Poseiden. If and when you arrive at Jomtien as you enter Jomtien Plaza, it is the hotel on the right corner at the entrance. If you turn around 180 degrees across the highway you will see Lindas.
The soi I mentioned is one soi towards the beach about 70 m from Poseiden. 8Jomtien is on high corner and the bar, I think 3 Roses, the other.
Across the highway opposite is La Bocca perhaps 50m down towards the beach.

My friends like La Bocca for their pizzas, incl lasagna done similar to pizza, I prefer their osso buco or lamb shanks.

Poseiden besides being a great gay hotel, has a fine kitchen as well as excellent wines, The 3 course 550 per night of 3 courses, a nice change.
The place is regularily booked year, after by the same residents returning. If you have not stayed there you should make enquiries,

http://poseidon-pattaya.com/
http://laboccapattaya.com/
http://www.lindasrestaurant.com/

I typed in 8Jomtien restaurent and google loaded it ,but a webpage I did not find. But found it from Lindas site.

francois
October 4th, 2018, 12:51
Francois, if you don't care to answer that's fine.
So, let me rephrase.
1. Where is Bocca? Jomtien, near Sunee - north, south, central?
But, I reserve the right to ask.

paborn, I never heard of Bocca and did not know where it was.. So I did a google search and found it. I can't copy the map. If you want to see a map on google then do a search for La Bocca Pattaya. If not, then don't. Up to You.

lonelywombat
October 4th, 2018, 13:36
Paborn and francois I typed in the link to La Bocca in the post above

http://laboccapattaya.com/

werner
October 4th, 2018, 14:20
Hmm---

I do NOT go to the venues to listen to the music.

francois
October 4th, 2018, 14:23
Thanks Wombat, the menu looks good! Now if I can only find LaBocca. 5555:devilsh:

paborn
October 4th, 2018, 19:40
paborn, I never heard of Bocca and did not know where it was.. So I did a google search and found it. I can't copy the map. If you want to see a map on google then do a search for La Bocca Pattaya. If not, then don't. Up to You.

Francois, let me apologize. It's one of those sore points with me. When I first came to this board asking a question, any question all too often resulted in the "it's on google" response. Sorry, but I very strongly believe that a board such as this is a place to seek information and provide it.
Especially information with a gay filter. When I asked "what is Boca" I was asking in that frame. Is it gay, could you bring a guy there? etc. Yes, I could have googled its location and did not. I also could have explained that better.
Finally, Lonely your idea that I could not possibly go to Pattaya and not know the Poseiden is exactly the sort of thing that confuses the hell out of me when you post. Jomtien is not Pattaya. It is perfectly possible to live in Pattaya and never go to Jomtien. Unlikely? Yes, but possible. I have never been to Jomtien.

Smiles
October 4th, 2018, 21:28
Now if I can only find LaBocca:
The location of LaBocca has been offered fairly sincincly in this thread.
Try again: if you stick your head out of the main Complex entrance (the entrance in which resides Poseidon) you simply look across Thappraya Rd and then look a bit to your right and you'll see LaBocca.
You can't possibly miss it.
LaBocca also has a website which gives you the address. Also Googling -- AKA 'Paborn's Frightful Nightmare' -- will get you many references.

paborn
October 4th, 2018, 21:41
As I've said before, sometimes funny, but never worth the bother. Now, what really would have upset my equilibrium is if you had made it all the way to the end of your post without reverting to form.

dinagam
October 4th, 2018, 21:55
Lovers' quibbles...

paborn
October 5th, 2018, 02:12
You know Smiles, it's often charged that I don't understand the urbane subtlety of your little group's humor. So I can only assume that you know that Francois was, rightfully, digging me for not checking Boca's location.

frequent
October 5th, 2018, 04:26
Francois, let me apologize. It's one of those sore points with me. When I first came to this board asking a question, any question all too often resulted in the "it's on google" response. Sorry, but I very strongly believe that a board such as this is a place to seek information and provide it.
Especially information with a gay filter. When I asked "what is Boca" I was asking in that frame. Is it gay, could you bring a guy there? etc. Yes, I could have googled its location and did not. I also could have explained that better.
Finally, Lonely your idea that I could not possibly go to Pattaya and not know the Poseiden is exactly the sort of thing that confuses the hell out of me when you post. Jomtien is not Pattaya. It is perfectly possible to live in Pattaya and never go to Jomtien. Unlikely? Yes, but possible. I have never been to Jomtien.
Poor little snowflake

paborn
October 5th, 2018, 06:03
I have not read his bull shit. But, I see the freak is back posting right after me. I would like to point out to everyone that I have ignored him for weeks. Whatever he said in his silly petulant style is worth exactly what he is: 0

Smiles
October 5th, 2018, 07:42
Lovers' quibbles...Seems that way doesn't it. Paborn is massively precious, and shhhh, but I think he peeks surreptitiously in on Frequency ... we'll never know. :yes:

FYI: I have no group, I'm groupless.

latintopxxx
October 5th, 2018, 07:51
frequent...stop being so mean...go hire a MB and take your frustrations out on his nice tight (maybe!) hole...

frequent
October 5th, 2018, 07:57
Seems that way doesn't it. Paborn is massively precious, and shhhh, but I think he peeks surreptitiously in on Frequency ... we'll never know. :yes:The noble paborn
Hath told you he does not peek at frequent's posts:
If it were so, it was a grievous fault,
And grievously hath frequent answer'd it.
For paborn is an honourable man;

Blueskytoday
October 5th, 2018, 09:38
Gay shows no longer of interest to me because of the straight Chinese woman tourists, at times along with husbands..
Cannot enjoy any shows of which straight tourists are around giggling ..not like it used to be.. So I don't go anymore. but to each his own
if you like this.

francois
October 5th, 2018, 11:17
You know Smiles, it's often charged that I don't understand the urbane subtlety of your little group's humor. So I can only assume that you know that Francois was, rightfully, digging me for not checking Boca's location.

Me, digging you? :devilsh: 5555. As soon as I saw the map I knew exactly where La Bocca was located. And I will try it out.

frequent
October 5th, 2018, 13:22
La BoccaSounds like the name of a Barry Manilow song

lonelywombat
October 5th, 2018, 14:13
Sounds like the name of a Barry Manilow song

The link to this post incl a link to a 1978 video of Barry Manilow singing this song.
It is not included in the post that I can see here,unless it was removed.
I liked it.

paborn
October 5th, 2018, 21:37
[/I][/I]

Me, digging you? :devilsh: 5555. As soon as I saw the map I knew exactly where La Bocca was located. And I will try it out.

I'm going to try it too. But, being stubborn, I repeat: if you have neveer been there a discription of where to go and what landmarks to look for is far more helpful than a google map. At least it is for me. No matter how easy it is for you it is not for me. Honestly, I don't get the argument here.

Old git
October 5th, 2018, 22:07
I have to say I rarely like the music and certainly don't like the volume level that seems to be the norm in most venues.

The occasional invasions of women are the least of my concerns, but I can understand others finding it awkward..

So do we need a new type of venue?

A gentleman's club perhaps with a pianist; boys who don't cavort on stage but all serve as waiters - shirtless but with a bow tie perhaps, and uniform tight white shorts. Everything kept clean and polished, with low level lighting. Small settees with high backs, just wide enough for two..

An in-house massage service, private rooms, sauna, steam room and pool. Everywhere boys ready to be of service - or more..

Might be more than a fantasy too.. - I know someone who looks set to retire early on the back of a property windfall - running a 'classy gay joint' in Thailand is high on his list of possible retirement ventures..

paborn
October 5th, 2018, 23:18
Do keep us posted. My only quibble: tight 501 blue jeans shape the ass to perfection.........

francois
October 5th, 2018, 23:59
I'm going to try it too. But, being stubborn, I repeat: if you have neveer been there a discription of where to go and what landmarks to look for is far more helpful than a google map. At least it is for me. No matter how easy it is for you it is not for me. Honestly, I don't get the argument here.

No argument, paborn. I am familiar with Jomtien and often seen the Pizza sign at La Bocca but never paid attention to the name. When I googled Bocca and saw the location I then connected the two.

DoubleDutch
October 6th, 2018, 03:06
I have not read his bull shit. But, I see the freak is back posting right after me. I would like to point out to everyone that I have ignored him for weeks. Whatever he said in his silly petulant style is worth exactly what he is: 0

You really are suffering here, aren't you. :D
People here are mean to you, and you can't seem to be able to catch a break. Poor paborn! It's a cruel world, and you are a gentle soul, you are made made for kinder, gentler times! But admit it, paborn, you enjoy being a victim.. you love being this poor puppy, left outside in the rain at Christmas night, lonely, misunderstood, sad pup.

Your obsession about ignoring Frequent is hilarious, not a day passes, when you don't bring up your ignore fetish.

Does it not occur to you, that not only are you NOT ignoring Frequent, you are hopelessly obsessed with him, and that's pretty much opposite of ignoring someone lol. Frequent, of course enjoys it, and so do many others, I suspect. No other poster here cares more about Frequent than you. By all means, keep 'ignoring' him lol, makes fun reading

paborn
October 6th, 2018, 03:51
Oh DD you do so often pass gas don't you? Considering the number of notes I've had from people who loath Frequent your assertion that,"No other poster here cares more about Frequent than you. By all means, keep 'ignoring' him lol, makes fun reading" is just amazing. By that I mean dumb ass stupid.

By the way, I haven't mentioned ignoring him in weeks. It's your lot that brings it up. Why?

frequent
October 6th, 2018, 04:49
Poor paborn! It's a cruel world, and you are a gentle soul, you are made made for kinder, gentler times! Here's a song just for paborn https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCufd1ky7MQ - not quite something for a gay venue, perhaps

scottish-guy
October 6th, 2018, 05:03
She's not bad, but got any George Formby?

HeH Heh it's turned out nice again

Brad the Impala
October 6th, 2018, 05:47
By the way, I haven't mentioned ignoring him in weeks. It's your lot that brings it up. Why?

Earlier today.........

But, I see the freak is back posting right after me. I would like to point out to everyone that I have ignored him for weeks.

frequent
October 6th, 2018, 05:55
Earlier today.........Some might characterise it as paranoia

Brad the Impala
October 6th, 2018, 06:00
It must be wonderful to have such a vague concept of time. Weeks or hours, who knew there was a difference.

frequent
October 6th, 2018, 06:07
It must be wonderful to have such a vague concept of time. Weeks or hours, who knew there was a difference.Perhaps as well as being a consultant to the travel industry, paborn dabbles in Relativity?

paborn
October 6th, 2018, 06:19
It must be wonderful to have such a vague concept of time. Weeks or hours, who knew there was a difference.

You're right and I was wrong. You should cherish this rare occurance of your being right about anything.

frequent
October 6th, 2018, 07:03
You're right and I was wrong. You should cherish this rare occurance of your being right about anything.paborn's Hate List this week:

frequent (on Ignore)
Brad the Impala
frequent (on Ignore)
scottish guy (on Ignore)
frequent (on Ignore)

And don't forget, y'all, paborn never "peaks" at posters he Ignores. How do we know that? paborn says so, and as we all know, paborn is an honourable man

arsenal
October 6th, 2018, 08:05
I couldn't imagine putting either frequent or Scat Boy on ignore. Watching them is like an old fashioned day out to the lunatic asylum. Frequent pacing up and down constantly searching for something and Scat Boy screaming at shadows on the wall. It's genuinely hilarious.

frequent
October 6th, 2018, 10:09
Gay shows no longer of interest to me because of the straight Chinese woman tourists, at times along with husbands.This story, which is headlined "Collapse in China arrivals" may boost your morale https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/tourism-and-transport/1552206/collapse-in-china-arrivals-imperils-target

a447
October 6th, 2018, 15:32
I also noticed the absence of huge Chinese tour buses dropping the tourists off in front of the Mike Shopping Mall. On a stroll down Walking Street I only saw two tour groups. Lots of Indians, though.

Every night Nom and I would survey Boyztown from the 5 Th floor of the Ambiance. Over the time I was there the soi was often deserted.

And on the odd occasion that Panorama had some customers, they all left as soon as the rain came belting down.

Every now and then small groups of Chinese tourists would walk down the soi, gawking at any gays they could find.

I fear the Chinese are doing what the Japanese did in Hawaii - buy up all the hotels and clubs and a couple of seafood restaurants and then just do package tours with everything paid for in China before they leave.

Once Le Cafe Royale and the Ambiance renovations are finished, just in time for high season, I guess there will be an influx of Chinese tourists. And room charges will no doubt sky-rocket.

That will certainly revitalise Boyztown, but the locals, including the working guys, probably won't benefit much. Everything will be kept in-house.

DoubleDutch
October 6th, 2018, 16:02
Agreed, a447, Boyztown has been very, very quiet since at least mid September, and Pattaya overall is very quiet. Yep, very few Chinese, and almost no Chinese bus groups, sitting at Beach road coffee shops, I see Chinese solo travelers couples, something you didn't see often in past. But no large groups, and no buses clogging traffic. It is easy to cross Beach road any time of day now, cos there is very little traffic.
There aren't even that many Indians here now either, allthough they are still majority of people on streets. Almost no Russians. It is very quiet in Pattaya, not sure is it good or bad.
It is raining every day now, last October it definitely didn't rain so much, some days it rains 20 minutes, yesterday rained all day, and drizzled all night, streets were empty, and bars of course dead.

We were sitting with Australian friend at Starbucks on Beach road yesterday, a good spot for people watching, and that is his main hunting ground for girls who walk by, yesterday he was not happy, because while we were sitting outside for couple of hours, almost no one passed by.
Pattaya feels very different when it is so quiet.

Oliver2
October 6th, 2018, 18:48
There have been reports in the Thai press of a downturn in Chinese visitors; apparently, there have been incidents of conflict between the locals and Chinese visitors which have been widely publicised in China.
We won't be in Pattaya for a few days but, here in Chiang Mai, the domination of the Chinese market is apparent, though curiously less pronounced in our hotel than has been the case in previous stays over the past three years.
Coincidentally, I was responding only a few minutes ago to a friend in the UK on this very subject. I sat in my usual bar near Thapae and counted the first thirty pedestrians who walked past...not passengers in tuk-tuks and buses obviously. Unscientific though this was it still represents fairly what I have seen.
Six were Thais, five falangs and nineteen were Chinese. They are distinguished not just by facial appearance but by clothing and the ubiquitous small back-packs many of them wear.

bkkguy
October 6th, 2018, 19:47
There have been reports in the Thai press of a downturn in Chinese visitors; apparently, there have been incidents of conflict between the locals and Chinese visitors which have been widely publicised in China.

and I hear the mayor of Phuket has this sinking feeling about Chinese tourists as well

bkkguy

a447
October 6th, 2018, 20:25
Oliver2, your observations regarding Chinese tourists in Chiang Mai are the same as mine.

I was at Thapae Gate every day after my massage at Classic and there were lots of young couples out and about.

And I didn't see any tour buses, either.

They were entertained at night by a band or a solo singer to keep them all happy.

The tourists visiting the Sunday Street Market and the food market just off the street were also mostly Chinese.

gerefan2
October 6th, 2018, 20:54
Excellent news. Thank you.

colmx
October 6th, 2018, 21:02
I have been told that the Entire Cafe royale is being turned into a Music & Karaoke club
The ground floor will have a live band followed by karaoke
Whilst the upstairs rooms will all be VIP karaoke rooms... Similar in style to the KTVs that you see on Xtube etc.

By the way, whilst the Chinese package tours might not spend much, the Chinese gays certainly do, I have seen them drop 20,000B on a night in NAB without any thoughts. They are Also more generous with their tips than the average farang, and don't think twice about buying the latest iPhone for a boy that they have offed 3-4 nights

Have also seen Straight Chinese guys flinging 1000B bunches of 20B notes into the air several times a night in Hollywood (no idea why, I guess its a show off thing)

scottish-guy
October 7th, 2018, 00:29
20,000B a night in NAB? :eek:

You have to wonder how a British pensioner (say, in his mid-70s) on £125.95 a week state pension manages - even after fiddling the Winter Fuel Allowance etc

DoubleDutch
October 7th, 2018, 01:43
20,000B a night in NAB? :eek:

You have to wonder how a British pensioner (say, in his mid-70s) on £125.95 a week state pension manages - even after fiddling the Winter Fuel Allowance etc

And it makes me wonder what is the number of Chinese gay men dropping 20k baht at NAB, versus hoards of Chinese descending on Thailand. Not that 20.000 is such a huge amount, it is few hundred euros. But I've jet to meet these Chinese whales, and Im out almost every night. Typical Chhinese gay guys I see, and hook up via Blued usually stand around DJ Station with 1 drink, and in no rush finishing that one drink. They do not spend a satang more than absolutely neccessary.

colmx
October 7th, 2018, 02:41
And it makes me wonder what is the number of Chinese gay men dropping 20k baht at NAB, versus hoards of Chinese descending on Thailand
There are usually 3-4 tables of big spender Chinese guys and their entourages in NAB each night
And at least 100 tables of big spenders (Mostly straight, but some gay) in Hollywood each night... Unfortunately this also means that the show in Hollywood has gone to sh*t as they sing mostly Chinese and K-pop songs these days

frequent
October 7th, 2018, 04:27
and I hear the mayor of Phuket has this sinking feeling about Chinese tourists as wellPerhaps he’ll be up in the air about the news of more direct flights from India to Phuket?
https://www.thaipbsworld.com/india-seeks-to-operate-more-direct-flights-to-phuket/

frequent
October 7th, 2018, 05:18
Typical Chhinese gay guys I see, and hook up via Blued usually stand around DJ Station with 1 drink, and in no rush finishing that one drink. They do not spend a satang more than absolutely neccessary.On the odd occasion that I go to a gogo bar with a friend there's more often than not a customer I would rather take off than a boy on stage - and I say so to the mamasan if I know him

arsenal
October 7th, 2018, 06:59
Penned by frequent.
"On the odd occasion that I go to a gogo bar with a friend there's more often than not a customer I would rather take off than a boy on stage - and I say so to the mamasan if I know him"

Presumably so he can pass the good news to the boys on stage.

StevieWonders
October 7th, 2018, 09:45
Penned by frequent.
"On the odd occasion that I go to a gogo bar with a friend there's more often than not a customer I would rather take off than a boy on stage - and I say so to the mamasan if I know him"

Presumably so he can pass the good news to the boys on stage.Your my hero arsenal but this week a bit of a disappointment. Fifty percent of your posts have been attacking scottish-guy and not many about frequent. Please try harder.

arsenal
October 7th, 2018, 09:57
I'm happy with the ratio but thank you for your encouragement. And the stats.

frequent
October 7th, 2018, 11:52
There are usually 3-4 tables of big spender Chinese guys and their entourages in NAB each night
And at least 100 tables of big spenders (Mostly straight, but some gay) in Hollywood each night... Unfortunately this also means that the show in Hollywood has gone to sh*t as they sing mostly Chinese and K-pop songs these daysWhile on the topic of the big-spending Chinese, some may find this article by a Chinese writer apposite https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/sep/06/human-impulses-run-riot-chinas-shocking-pace-of-change

scottish-guy
October 7th, 2018, 15:22
Your my hero arsenal but this week a bit of a disappointment. Fifty percent of your posts have been attacking scottish-guy and not many about frequent. Please try harder.

Only 50%?

Even though his interventions are more like flea bites than attacks - and I see his output only when decent members respond to it - I still demand a re-count!

arsenal
October 7th, 2018, 15:31
You've got fleas Scottish Guy? Explains a lot.

gerefan2
October 8th, 2018, 04:42
You've got fleas Scottish Guy? Explains a lot.

Here you go Scotty....just because I am a decent member!

scottish-guy
October 8th, 2018, 05:54
I've heard better come backs from a 12yo - he'll be hitting out with "Your mother's got fleas" next

arsenal
October 8th, 2018, 06:04
You're being outsmarted by a 12 year old? Explains a lot.

lonelywombat
October 8th, 2018, 08:16
You're being outsmarted by a 12 year old? Explains a lot.

I've heard better come backs from a 12yo - he'll be hitting out with "Your mother's got fleas" next

You are both carrying on like school girls and make a mockery of this forum which in case you do not know is
SAWATDEE GAY FORUM

Use the everything else forum for your grubby chats/

frequent
October 8th, 2018, 08:19
You are both carrying on like school girls and make a mockery of this forum ...I've always thought of St Trinians as very camp

scottish-guy
October 8th, 2018, 14:44
You are both carrying on like school girls and make a mockery of this forum which in case you do not know is
SAWATDEE GAY FORUM

Use the everything else forum for your grubby chats/

It's actually called Sawatdee Network these days, and we kept being told that visitors and contributors are UP - but you're quite right LW.

However, your criticism might carry more weight if you were not embroiled in a hair-pulling, mud-wrestling fight with one of the miscreants - who seeks to usurp your title of Official Restaurant Reviewer.

All so unnecessary - there's enough free food for both of you.

Smiles
October 8th, 2018, 14:47
" ... Use the Everything Else Forum for your grubby chats ... "Good idea. 'Best-in-Sentence' from you in many a moon.

arsenal
October 8th, 2018, 14:58
Smiles and Wombat are always at each other's throats as is Wombat with Scat Boy as is Scat Boy with Latin as is Scat Boy with Paborn as is Scat Boy with Moses and Smiles with Matt so let he who is without sin blah blah blah

scottish-guy
October 8th, 2018, 14:59
I agree with Smiles.

50-60 responses on how people don't like modern or loud music in the bars, and would prefer to sit on bales of hay and enjoy a Country & Western line-dancing hoe-down is simply not enough on this vital subject and it ought not to be disrupted in any way.

I will certainly modify my own behaviour and whilst I can't speak for Arsenal I'm fairly certain he will be taking himself in hand in the very near future.

Now, what's that Smiles was bitching about Frequent/Wombat/Paborn/Matt ???

frequent
October 8th, 2018, 15:12
50-60 responses on how people don't like modern or loud music in the bars ...Sure, but isn't that because they stinted spending money on decent hearing aids?

christianpfc
October 8th, 2018, 15:17
Hmm---

I do NOT go to the venues to listen to the music.

I go one step further, I avoid places that play live music. Unless there is a very good reasons, and there is only one very good reason: possibility to find a sexual partner, like in gay discos.

If you want me to come somewhere, announce free [anything].
If you don't want me to come somewhere, announce live music.

Smiles
October 8th, 2018, 16:24
" ... Now, what's that Smiles was bitching about Frequent/Wombat/Paborn/Matt ??? ... "I do not bitch. I prefer to call it colourful commentary.

dab69
October 10th, 2018, 00:03
I have been told that the Entire Cafe royale is being turned into a Music & Karaoke club
The ground floor will have a live band followed by karaoke
Whilst the upstairs rooms will all be VIP karaoke rooms...

Ewww...

gerefan2
October 10th, 2018, 00:06
The Chinese will love it!

neddy3
October 10th, 2018, 06:13
And they are the new market.

Falangs etc are not the main game anymore.

Reports of the new bar Big Boys also suggest that the Chinese are the target market.