PDA

View Full Version : Karma

Argosy
September 16th, 2018, 01:30
Not so long ago a post started by andyrose, drifted into the subject of Karma.
Karma’s a bitch, and “what goes around comes around” is applicable to two esteemed members recently finding themselves in the position of having extra time on their hands, while they’re temporarily incommunicado.

In the interim, I trust these gentlemen use their time wisely to reflect on themselves, their actions, and hopefully turn over a new leaf.

On a final note, one of the two mentioned above needs to slap himself upside the head next time he feels the need to use the word apposite. I’d venture to say it has grown tiresome.

cdnmatt
September 16th, 2018, 01:44
Hi arsenal! :)

Smiles
September 16th, 2018, 09:16
Hi arsenal! :)
That doesn't sound like Arsenal ... it reads much more like Frequent.
Get yourself some glasses.

cdnmatt
September 16th, 2018, 10:18
Get yourself some glasses.

Not sure how helpful that would be.

Maybe you should get yourself a screen reader.

gerefan2
September 16th, 2018, 11:07
Sureeely not! Werent we told this was impossible??? Haha!

francois
September 16th, 2018, 16:10
.... applicable to two esteemed members recently finding themselves in the position of having extra time on their hands, while they’re temporarily incommunicado.

Who esteemed them?

scottish-guy
September 16th, 2018, 22:38
...two esteemed members ....temporarily incommunicado...

Sounds vaguely Mexican, but where exactly is Communicado - and does it have go-go boys?

I'm looking forward to their reports.

paborn
September 16th, 2018, 23:31
Who esteemed them?

Has anyone noticied that more people are posting?

gerefan2
September 17th, 2018, 00:52

Yes, the first thing I noticed today.

scottish-guy
September 17th, 2018, 01:47
Have you also noticed that at least 3 of the "people posting" have suddenly appeared from nowhere, and one of them (Argosy) knows everything that's been said on the board for years?

Just sayin' like.

:drink:

cdnmatt
September 17th, 2018, 02:14

Not really. Posting volume seems the same to me, except a few different names are popping up, but more than likely is the same people as we usually have posting here.

paborn
September 17th, 2018, 03:03
Not really. Posting volume seems the same to me, except a few different names are popping up, but more than likely is the same people as we usually have posting here.

Matt, volume might be roughly the same. But, it's not coming from a few people. Rather, it;s from a larger group. Names, seldom seen. Just check yourself.

cdnmatt
September 17th, 2018, 04:14
Are you saying that due to arsenal and frequent being suspended, more people are now posting? I'd have an easier time believing it's simply due to weather and rain, or similiar.

Winter is upon us, so it's no real surprise some people once again have Thailand on their minds, as winter sucks in most of the Western world. I know the weather is absolute shit where I am right now, and I can't wait to get back to Asia. Hopefully in about one more week.

I don't know what the hell my parents were doing, but their life, up to them. If I was retired and had the money they do, I sure as shit wouldn't live here where it's cold, dark, cloudy, and rainy 8 months of the year.

paborn
September 17th, 2018, 04:19
No. In fact, I have no idea why there are more people posting. Your weather might be terrible, but I'm in South Florida and it's lovely. I will say this: any of the three most frequent posters here are fine by themselves. However, once started the board is dominated by the fireworks. It's much quieter now. People tend to come out when there is no storm brewing. It's the metaphysical "weather" that has improved.

Argosy
September 17th, 2018, 08:30
Have you also noticed that at least 3 of the "people posting" have suddenly appeared from nowhere, and one of them (Argosy) knows everything that's been said on the board for years?

Just sayin' like.

Scottish-guy, I’d argue in the course of normal events, all people posting on this forum have “suddenly appeared from nowhere.”
Your assertion that I know everything that’s been said on the board for years, is pure hyperbole. Thanks for your frigid welcome.

StevieWonders
September 17th, 2018, 09:58
Not so long ago a post started by andyrose, drifted into the subject of Karma.
Karma’s a bitch, and “what goes around comes around” is applicable to two esteemed members recently finding themselves in the position of having extra time on their hands, while they’re temporarily incommunicado.

In the interim, I trust these gentlemen use their time wisely to reflect on themselves, their actions, and hopefully turn over a new leaf.

On a final note, one of the two mentioned above needs to slap himself upside the head next time he feels the need to use the word apposite. I’d venture to say it has grown tiresome.arsenal! My hero! You made it under the wire. Keep up your attacks on frequent - they're the best things on this Board

scottish-guy
September 17th, 2018, 13:11
Scottish-guy, I’d argue in the course of normal events, all people posting on this forum have “suddenly appeared from nowhere.”
Your assertion that I know everything that’s been said on the board for years, is pure hyperbole. Thanks for your frigid welcome.

The point is not that a new poster “suddenly appeared from nowhere” - it’s that 3 or more have simultaneously appeared exactly after 2 were suspended.

As has already been pointed out by others, you have referred to matters which occurred prior to your arrival. Maybe you have crystal balls?

snotface
September 17th, 2018, 15:48
Argosy is quite obviously arsenal. Apart from the stylistic similarities, he can't even bring himself to suspend his dislike of SG and frequent for four posts! Sherlock Holmes will not be required on this one, A Case of Identity.

paborn
September 17th, 2018, 19:08
All of you may be right. But, I lurked and read for a long time before I first posted. It's not impossible. it might be improbable, but not impossible.

gerefan2
September 17th, 2018, 20:33
The test will be when they are reinstated!

Jellybean
September 17th, 2018, 22:17

Aye, and ain't that the truth, gerefan2.

Argosy
September 17th, 2018, 22:45
Argosy is quite obviously arsenal. Apart from the stylistic similarities, he can't even bring himself to suspend his dislike of SG and frequent for four posts! Sherlock Holmes will not be required on this one, A Case of Identity.
As a long time lurker, I joined this forum in the wake of recent action taken against two of the forum’s prolific and vocal members. I’m not a fan of the musings of either of these gentlemen, and found it deliciously ironic they were knocked down a peg with the action taken against them. This gentleman was the impetus for my first post Karma, there were no ulterior motives.

Argosy
September 18th, 2018, 00:50
The point is not that a new poster “suddenly appeared from nowhere” - it’s that 3 or more have simultaneously appeared exactly after 2 were suspended.

As has already been pointed out by others, you have referred to matters which occurred prior to your arrival. Maybe you have crystal balls?

Are you into conspiracy theories? Your posting implies 3 people simultaneously joined this forum for some, as yet unstated reason, that's obvious to you. Please spill the tea, I'm all ears.
I've been a long time lurker of the forum, and am aware of some matters that occurred prior to my arrival. My balls aren’t made of crystal and finally, my objection to your quote "(Argosy) knows everything that's been said on the board for years" was predicated on your liberal embellishment of the facts, nothing else.

scottish-guy
September 18th, 2018, 01:06

Well it shouldn't really.

Being suspended means they are still members therefore if they are now posting under "alternative" identities then they are in fact Hydras which is (allegedly) strictly verboten.

It matters not what they do when they return if they are already in breach of the most fundamental rule.

Not that it bothers me - but you know what a stickler I am for rules

:p

pennyboy
September 18th, 2018, 16:59
I hope Arsenal at least returns soon. Despite some of his squabbles with other posters he also provided much welcome updates on bars and boys.
Other than this thread there is no indication that more people are posting and this thread is as interesting as the squabbles.

frequent
September 21st, 2018, 14:19
I thank Mr Jellybaby for keeping the home fires burning in my absence

Some of our members have been known to turn to the Holy Bible for inspiration. So, following suit, I found that John, Chapter 8 verse 7, with the most minimal of tweaking, is particularly apposite in cases like these.
https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?20280-I-love-her-husband-did-I-really-destroy-his-marriage-or-it-meant-to-be-that-way-by-destiny&p=249795#post249795

If you don’t care or can’t be bothered about your spelling and grammar you’re showing your contempt for your readers. Spelling matters so that people know whether you mean peek (look), peak (climax), or pique (excite or arouse) without having to work it out for themselves. Or they could join Cathay Pacific - https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/sep/19/cathay-pacific-spells-its-name-wrong-on-side-of-plane. Surely everyone “knows” what was meant, those who insist on a correct spelling are just “spelling nazis” or “grammar nazis” aren’t they? Similarly punctuation is there to enhance meaning, so I usually never use a full stop at the end of a paragraph - it's a hangover from the 19th century because paper was a scarce commodity

Grammar is there to ensure that ambiguity does not interfere with the reader’s understanding – the difference between “knowing your shit” and “knowing you’re shit” to use a popular example, or the one that applies to some of our posters: “You're not going to be happy when I tell everyone that your grammar sucks”. Surely American members need no reminder that the greatest contemporary offender against the English language is none other than The Donald – perhaps they secretly wish to emulate their hero? On the other hand there’s Secretary of State Pompeo’s War Against The Misplaced Comma - http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/09/mike-pompeo-has-launched-a-war-on-misplaced-commas.html

I’ve said this once before but I’ll say it again. I’m unashamedly an elitist. I write for those I regard as the Forum’s elite – Mr Jellybaby, scotty, Matt, Smiles, snotface, Brad, poshglasgow and one or two others. I don’t write for the hoi polloi and their opinions are mere dust under the wheels of my chariot. In the immortal words of Malcolm Tucker, “Do you know ninety percent of household dust is made of dead human skin. That’s what you are to me”

And if that’s too hard to bear, there’s always the Jane Austen quotation: “I dearly love a laugh... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can”

The Moderators, I am sure, will help you find the {Ignore} feature if you don’t want to read what I write

arsenal
September 21st, 2018, 14:19
Non, je ne regrette rien.

paborn
September 21st, 2018, 19:46
I will make one prediction. Now that he who must be obeyed, the arbiter of all right and true, the deluded self-proclaimed elitist, the man who does everyone a favor by casting his pearls of wisdom before those of us who are dust beneath his feet has returned this place will soon be nasty again.

In fact, it already has if you read the thread about Malaysia. It's really rather sad.

Oh, sorry, one other prediction. He is dedicating his return posts to justifying why he stalks the board looking for tiny errors, googling every fact to check for the tiniest opening to argue and refute. You know he does this because it is his "noble obligation."

francois
September 21st, 2018, 23:49
Well spoken, paborn.

scottish-guy
September 22nd, 2018, 00:18
Maybe I’m chanelling Frequent when I say it was whined rather than “spoken” - not to mention that it wasn’t “spoken” at all

paborn
September 22nd, 2018, 05:50
Frequent, I would appreciate it if you would refrain from liking my posts. It just makes me feel scruffy. You know, "lay down with dogs and get up with fleas."

frequent
September 22nd, 2018, 07:32
Maybe I’m chanelling Frequent when I say it was whined rather than “spoken” - not to mention that it wasn’t “spoken” at allJust remember scotty - no "peaking"

paborn
September 22nd, 2018, 08:39
Frequent, I would appreciate it if you would refrain from liking my posts. It just makes me feel scruffy. You know, "lay down with dogs and get up with fleas."

I guess I will just scratch since you're too great a boor to agree to my ignoring your belligerence. God, you must live a sad lonely life if this is what need to do to feel worthwhile.

I should have known better than to think you would act like a gentleman rather than an idiot schoolboy.

scottish-guy
September 22nd, 2018, 11:05
Just remember scotty - no "peaking"

I “peaked” 3 times last night - it was wonderful

Smiles
September 26th, 2018, 13:26
" ... there’s always the Jane Austen quotation: “I dearly love a laugh... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can”...Now there's a philosophy which Parboil might wish to gravitate to if he could just get rid of his "Ignore" fetish and his mean-spirited cliche that one's antagonistic of course must be living a sad life for what he says.
The sweet 'Cosmic Giggle' always keeps one on track and thick-skinned on message boards.
(But I won't hold my breath ... )

frequent
September 26th, 2018, 13:29
Now there's a philosophy which Parboil might wish to gravitate to if he could just get rid of his "Ignore" fetish. The sweet 'Cosmic Giggle' always keeps one on track and thick-skinned on message boards.
(But I won't hold my breath ... ){Joke alert} I fear that I am Sisyphus and paborn is my boulder

arsenal
September 26th, 2018, 13:50
From Wikipedia.
"Sisyphus was the founder and first king of Ephyra (supposedly the original name of Corinth).[5] King Sisyphus promoted navigation and commerce but was avaricious and deceitful. He also killed travellers and guests, a violation of xenia, which fell under Zeus's domain. He took pleasure in these killings because they allowed him to maintain his iron-fisted rule."

Certainly rings a bell. It seems he never changed his ways until Zeus intervened. Interesting.

scottish-guy
September 26th, 2018, 13:57
...I fear that I am Sisyphus...

Sisyphus?

That comes as no surprise to me -

I always knew you were some kind of Sissy

frequent
September 26th, 2018, 14:28
Sisyphus?Perhaps I meant Syphilis? Remember Baldrick's comment to Blackadder "We've been in your family for 200 years!" and Blackadder's riposte "So has syphilis"?

paborn
September 26th, 2018, 19:47
Now there's a philosophy which Parboil might wish to gravitate to if he could just get rid of his "Ignore" fetish and his mean-spirited cliche that one's antagonistic of course must be living a sad life for what he says.
The sweet 'Cosmic Giggle' always keeps one on track and thick-skinned on message boards.
(But I won't hold my breath ... )

"parboil" how clever - quite your usual erudite style.

It's you who brings up my "fetish" about the ignore button. It is there to serve a purpose. You, however, are not on my ignore list. I often find you funny, sometimes outrageous, but never worth the bother.
The number of people who have contacted me here and on other boards to tell me they no longer post or do so rarely is far greater than the few who make this place toxic.

You're just one of their fellow travelers or to be more precise - a useful idiot.

gerefan2
September 27th, 2018, 00:57
"
The number of people who have contacted me here and on other boards to tell me they no longer post or do so rarely is far greater than the few who make this place toxic.

You're just one of their fellow travelers or to be more precise - a useful idiot.

Excellent...getting the hang of this place now?!

frequent
September 27th, 2018, 04:36
You must be so proud Smiles - not on paborn’s Ignore list but what you write is “never worth the bother”. I’m worried about our resident snowflake; like many Americans he is perhaps in need of a companion animal. What would be the ideal low-cost, low-maintenance companion for him? Goldfish? Not tactile enough. Budgie? Perhaps Hedda’s Monica has a flock of descendants from which paborn could choose. But then it struck me - what’s tactile, low-maintenance and low-cost and can travel everywhere with him? It’s obvious - crabs

christianpfc
September 27th, 2018, 13:08
Sorry, I can't help it, but

should be: If you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas.

Lay is a transitive verb and requires an object.

Smiles
September 27th, 2018, 13:28
Sorry, I can't help it ... Lay is a transitive verb and requires an object. :D ;)
Oh Christian, you're not sorry at all. But you are funny.

frequent
September 27th, 2018, 13:35
Oh Christian, you're not sorry at all. But you are funny.But is it behaviour becoming of a Mod? You know how sensitive paborn is about people who point out his (many) errors of spelling and grammar

francois
September 27th, 2018, 15:54
But is it behaviour becoming of a Mod? You know how sensitive paborn is about people who point out his (many) errors of spelling and grammar

We awl kan't bee as perfict as you frequent, sum of us knead moor edgeucation.
Sew don't bee so falt-finding ! You elitist parvenu.:mocking_mini:

arsenal
September 27th, 2018, 16:21
Parvenu is wun of my favrit deserts wiv lodes of kreme and shooga and merang and strawbrees.

frequent
September 27th, 2018, 17:52
Parvenu is wun of my favrit deserts wiv lodes of kreme and shooga and merang and strawbrees.Do you parboil it?

arsenal
September 27th, 2018, 18:14
Ah, you're thinking of Île Flottante which are not parboiled but poached. Easy mistake.

bkkguy
September 27th, 2018, 19:33
Lay is a transitive verb and requires an object.

and here I was thinking a transitive was someone in a dress and bad wig lip-syncing torchsongs and it is usually I who object and it is definitely no lie that I have no desire to lay them - and as for getting it up with fleas ...

where is my copy of Fowler's Use and Abuse when I need it most

bkkguy

Jellybean
October 12th, 2018, 02:06
I think it’s about time the account of what happened when Leo met Barry was given its own thread. I have therefore hived off all the relevant posts to the Sawatdee Gay World forum under the title, When Barry met Leo.

A quick link is below:
https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?20369-When-Barry-met-Leo

I have also separated the posts relating to limericks from this topic and moved them to their own thread here in the Everything Else forum under the title, Limericks contest.

A quick link to this new topic is also provided:
https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?20368-Limerick-contest

frequent
October 12th, 2018, 03:11
I'd almost forgotten what one of Mr Jellybaby's Scarlet Letters looked like

scottish-guy
October 12th, 2018, 03:43
I wondered if he'd fallen off his perch

frequent
October 12th, 2018, 04:16
I wondered if he'd fallen off his perchI see him as the Board's Quiet Achiever. christian is the Board's non-achiever in the Moderator stakes

scottish-guy
October 12th, 2018, 06:36
And how about a447 - what has he achieved (apart from a permanent erection)?

:D

frequent
October 12th, 2018, 10:17
And how about a447 - what has he achieved (apart from a permanent erection)?I’m surmising here, but my perspective is that a447 and arsenal were the Board’s “frequent lynch mob” long before they became Moderators and foolishly seized on the first chance they got to ban me (I say “foolishly” because all it demonstrated was their total ignorance of Thailand). Having achieved that aim, a447 had his “get frequent” obsession somewhat exorcised and has settled down into rather pedestrian activities as a Moderator. He bobs up from time to time to edit posts. Arsenal, no longer a Moderator (and one whose tenure has been rightly characterised as “carcinogenic” by Brad the Impala) continues to suffer “relevance deprivation”, although his recent banning possibly forced him to have a reality check as to his true importance to the Board. Enquiring about secondhand bookshops in Pattaya signals just the right metier for him

arsenal
October 12th, 2018, 11:19
Hi Freaky.
A 7 day suspension from a little read and ever littler important gay message board is such a small thimble of cider that it's not worth squeezing the apple for.

Only you here make it the centre of your life.

Enjoy.

Nirish guy
October 12th, 2018, 15:47
And how about a447 - what has he achieved (apart from a permanent erection)?

Arm muscles the size of a body builder from all the jerking off of guys he does perhaps ?

Moses
October 12th, 2018, 17:36
reminder: writing posts here is not a right, but an opportunity that is provided and can be withdrawn

for those who already had temporary warnings, it could be taken away forever for the third time

don't play with fire

ps only I can ban on the forum

arsenal
October 12th, 2018, 18:03
The moderators you currently have should, in my opinion be changed. Christian, a447 and Jellybean are all interesting and regular posters who post considerably less since becoming moderators. The board could do with the input they supplied before.

francois
October 13th, 2018, 00:46
Make me a moderator and you will see a change!

scottish-guy
October 13th, 2018, 04:09
...or an exodus

francois
October 13th, 2018, 11:18
An exodus means a mass departure of people; I would only hope for a minimal departure of 4 or so posters.:devilsh:

frequent
October 13th, 2018, 11:21
An exodus means a mass departure of people; I would only hope for a minimal departure of 4 or so posters.:devilsh:A "mass departure" - any relation to a "mass debate"?

scottish-guy
October 13th, 2018, 15:18
An exodus means a mass departure of people; I would only hope for a minimal departure of 4 or so posters.:devilsh:

Yes, Francois - but those would be the 4 or so you'd like to see the back of.

What you're failing to account for is the unknown number who (given a few weeks of it) wouldn't be able to tolerate your borderline obsessive "off topic" crusade.

DoubleDutch
October 13th, 2018, 16:54
Make me a moderator and you will see a change!

No doub board would change!
You will get rid of everyone you do not like, and that means every poster here who is having fun. What next, hire Paborn as Mod?
Have you given some thought what would this board be like, when only posters such as you remain? Basically one sentence posters, usually posting some kind of correction, some useless, fun killing "stay on topic" crap, or just general, one sentence whining.

Do you think there will be any reason at all to visit this board, should Frequent, Scottish-guy, Nirish, Arsenal and few others stop posting?
I'm guessing these are the posters who you do not like, and as Mod you'd do your best to make their lives here difficult.

With these posters gone, there will no reason to visit SGT. Francois, you are a nice person, but humour and having a laugh is not your thing. But for many these are the only reasons to visit SGT.

dinagam
October 13th, 2018, 17:51
Paborn as Mod?
Afraid not.
He's found his Elysium fields, happily surviving on nectar and ambrosia.

francois
October 13th, 2018, 18:22
Do you think there will be any reason at all to visit this board, should Frequent, Scottish-guy, Nirish, Arsenal and few others stop posting?
I'm guessing these are the posters who you do not like, and as Mod you'd do your best to make their lives here difficult.
[/QUOTE]

Now your talking, DoubleDutch. But you really must lighten up! No chance that Moses would make me a mod; never.:D

scottish-guy
October 13th, 2018, 19:31
Why not - there's certainly a precedent for appointing someone whose 'reign' proved to be "carcinogenic"

DoubleDutch
October 13th, 2018, 21:24
:yahoo_mini:

Remember this thing? Screaming, obnoxious, loud, horrible, no good, very bad best friend of Moderator Arsenal.

I remembere this emojo very well, traumatized for life, this freakish thing still hunts me in my nightmares

arsenal
October 13th, 2018, 22:20
Yes.

:yahoo_mini:

francois
October 13th, 2018, 23:44
No doub board would change!
You will get rid of everyone you do not like, and that means every poster here who is having fun. What next, hire Paborn as Mod?
Have you given some thought what would this board be like, when only posters such as you remain? Basically one sentence posters, usually posting some kind of correction, some useless, fun killing "stay on topic" crap, or just general, one sentence whining.

Ah yes, poor old Francois who has been posting on this forum for the past 12 years and Lonely Wombat even posting longer. The bad boys of the forum.

Having to read all the fun posts, by you know who, stabbing each other in the back and all for fun and over and over, ad nauseam. And when Francois occasionally posts a remark about staying on topic, then he is accused of whining and fun killing.

The good news/bad news is get used to it. 55555

PS - Actually Francois is a fun loving guy and doesn't take much too seriously.:devilsh:

DoubleDutch
October 14th, 2018, 02:48
Ah yes, poor old Francois who has been posting on this forum for the past 12 years

PS - Actually Francois is a fun loving guy and doesn't take much too seriously.:devilsh:

Francois, I suspect you are one of the nicest guys in real life.
Maybe, if you are not mad at me, we shall feast on your notorious, famous, succulent meat loaf at some point in life, at some awful place at Sunee.

And as we feast on meat loaf, and wash it down with cheapest Thai fruit wine, we forget all about some web board, and what was, or wasn't on topic!

francois
October 14th, 2018, 13:23
The infamous meatloaf was never succulent!:bo: As for wine, I prefer only the best when I am not drinking plonk, which is most of the time. Although at the time of that posting I was enjoying a nice Chardonnay.
Here's to your health! :drink:

Smiles
October 14th, 2018, 16:16
" ... at the time of that posting I was enjoying a nice Chardonnay. Here's to your health! ... "Francois, you are sounding more and more like Hannibal Lector these days -- although he was into Chianti..
Don't get creepy on us now.