PDA

View Full Version : Jomtien Raid

paborn
September 9th, 2018, 08:42
I just saw a post elsewhere - there was a raid Sept 8 on Jomtien bars. Is there any information?

Manforallseasons
September 9th, 2018, 13:41
I just saw a post elsewhere - there was a raid Sept 8 on Jomtien bars. Is there any information?

Another tampex theft likely!

francois
September 9th, 2018, 14:24
You mean "tampax"?

neddy3
September 9th, 2018, 14:56
As is often the case, not much useful information here thus far.

I was not there, so cannot help. But would like to know what happened.

colmx
September 9th, 2018, 15:14
There is a huge police crackdown at the moment with multiple raids in both BT and Sunee last 8 days with multiple arrests of non Thai nationals.

In addition there has been a much larger police presence at roadblocks, alcohol checks etc

The joy of having a new police chief!

frequent
September 9th, 2018, 15:24
There is a huge police crackdown at the moment with multiple raids in both BT and Sunee last 8 days with multiple arrests of non Thai nationals.Workers presumably, not tourists?

neddy3
September 9th, 2018, 15:48
Yes, workers.

I understand that Cupidol had a raid a week or so back, and that some workers were detained.

I looked in thus bar a few nights back, and there were only 5-6 dancers.
The next night an outside staff person said they had 7 dancers, wearing jeans.

I'm waiting for them to restock before going.

cdnmatt
September 9th, 2018, 16:28
You're waiting for the go-go bars to "re-stock"? What?

Smiles
September 9th, 2018, 16:31
Colmx seems to have the best information on the raids, but Jomtien is not mentioned (i.e. the OP's topic). Anyone anyone on that place ...?

(Cndmatt is doing time right now in a Canada jail so his comments are not necessarily input with "boots on the ground".) :eek:

frequent
September 9th, 2018, 16:32
You're waiting for the go-go bars to "re-stock"? What?Perhaps he thinks the boys are commodities being trafficked from elsewhere

francois
September 9th, 2018, 16:35
You're waiting for the go-go bars to "re-stock"?

Boyz in bikinis, what else?

goji
September 9th, 2018, 17:08
Do the police raid the straight places as frequently ?

As far as I can tell, about 95% of the whore bars in Pattaya have girls in them, so are 95% of the raids on them ?

scottish-guy
September 9th, 2018, 18:48
Perhaps he thinks the boys are commodities being trafficked from elsewhere

Hopefully you'll manage to dislodge your tongue from your cheek before cruising https://www.quadrantshopping.co.uk/ this afternoon

:drink:

frequent
September 9th, 2018, 18:53
Hopefully you'll manage to dislodge your tongue from your cheek before cruising https://www.quadrantshopping.co.uk/ this afternoonMy tongue isn’t usually lodged in MY cheeks

arsenal
September 9th, 2018, 20:37
Many police are now sporting rather fetching helmet cams. They also seem to have all been on customer service courses. I got stopped twice and both times the officers were polite, chatty and smiling. It does help of course that I wasn't doing anything untoward. Not wearing a helmet while riding a motorbike doesn't count.

aussie_
September 9th, 2018, 21:53
I saw about 12 police with motorcycles and two cars parked in the main bar soi around midnight on September 8. They were checking for bar licenses and non Thai bar boys. They focused on two bars and didn't bother the rest. It was over in 20 minutes.

I wouldn't drive a motorcycle or car in that area at night, especially if you had a few drinks at the bars. The police are very busy at present and are setup at two locations near the Axis condo and also the corner of Thappraya and Thepprasit roads most nights.

frequent
September 10th, 2018, 06:12
Many police are now sporting rather fetching helmet cams. They also seem to have all been on customer service courses. I got stopped twice and both times the officers were polite, chatty and smiling. It does help of course that I wasn't doing anything untoward. Not wearing a helmet while riding a motorbike doesn't count.Your love of a man in uniform is legendary

poshglasgow
September 12th, 2018, 03:00
You mean "tampax"?

All tampax in pattaya in December will be supplied with bobbles and glitter attached, but it's just for the Christmas period!

poshglasgow
September 12th, 2018, 03:04
Your love of a man in uniform is legendary

Some guy pushed these six hunks through the revolving door of the White House and legged it!
When asked about it, the President replied, "Fag news!"

poshglasgow
September 12th, 2018, 03:14
Boyz in bikinis, what else?

The Jomtien raid was initiated when police received reports that an elderly farang was seen walking around the Complex, solely in his speedos. Unfortunately, many noticed that the first 'S' of the brand logo on his tight-fitting,Tom Daley-style swimming thong had dropped of the word 'speedos'!

scottish-guy
September 12th, 2018, 14:47
The Jomtien raid was initiated when police received reports that an elderly farang was seen walking around the Complex, solely in his speedos. Unfortunately, many noticed that the first 'S' of the brand logo on his tight-fitting,Tom Daley-style swimming thong had dropped of the word 'speedos'!

Dear Posh, you've only heard half the story.

The other half was that the elderly farang was advised to install a large potato in his speedos - to create an attractive bulge and was assured that, if he did so, the boys would all excitedly run towards him and he would be the centre of attention.

Alas it had the reverse effect - and far from the boys all rushing towards him, they all waved their hands in the air ran off screaming in the opposite direction.

Apparently he hadn't realised the potato was meant to go the front

:drink:

arsenal
September 12th, 2018, 16:08
These raids usually take place to remind the owner of his financial responsibilities.

frequent
September 12th, 2018, 16:14
These raids usually take place to remind the owner of his financial responsibilities.To brown paper bags?

goji
September 13th, 2018, 02:39
These raids usually take place to remind the owner of his financial responsibilities.

Yes. There can be no other logic for targeting certain bars, when the majority of those on the street have the same kind of staff profile.

aot871
September 14th, 2018, 20:24
According to another message on GBs site , the police have also been told to make more checks on falang carrying passports to check for overstays

scottish-guy
September 14th, 2018, 21:27
Yes, because any overstaying farangs will no doubt be crippling the Thai economy by spending all their money in Thailand, helping Thai businesses to stay open.

How dreadful that must be. String them up!

cdnmatt
September 15th, 2018, 02:33
Yeah, good thing they got rid of me. That 85,000 baht/month I was bringing in from out of country, and spending locally could have really hurt some people.

Yh

colmx
September 15th, 2018, 06:40
I wasn't there for the Jomtien raid, but my "sources" tell me that there were 4 bars in total raided, checking for licenses and illegal aliens
At least 3 of the JC bars that I am aware of have non-Thai Owners
(co-incidentally neither do Cupidol, Toyboys or Euroboys, all of which were also raided recently!)

dinagam
September 18th, 2018, 11:35
I passed by Euroboys last night and it was closed, with the boys hanging out at Diamond bar waiting for customers.

newalaan2
September 18th, 2018, 23:16
I passed by Euroboys last night and it was closed, with the boys hanging out at Diamond bar waiting for customers.

Disappointed to hear that about Euroboys, it's been a regular part of a Pattaya visit for me for some time now, always enjoy my time there, and with a trip due later this month hope it's just a one-off with a quick re-opening. Luckily most of the boys at Euroboys as well as Diamond and Eden are freelancers based at one or the other of the bars but comfortable hanging out at any of the bars if circumstances change. Most of the boys at all three are linked through Facebook etc.. and are good friends.

Be interesting to see the situation in Jomtien next week as I'm based there for the first few days of my Thailand visit. Any further updates regarding Sunee will be appreciated.

neddy3
September 19th, 2018, 14:52
Euroboys closed for a second night last night.

francois
September 20th, 2018, 00:10
Euro Boys was closed to some sort of flooding.

newalaan2
September 20th, 2018, 00:37
Euro Boys was closed to some sort of flooding.

Thanks for that update Mr francois, would have been surprised and disappointed if the closure had been due to trading conditions or anything to do with official raids. Hope it is more to do with current bad weather rather than some internal toilet flooding or the like, as their toilets are about the best of all the Pattaya gay bars.

dinagam
September 20th, 2018, 00:41
Both Euro Boys and Eden remained closed for the the third consecutive day, with even fewer boys at Diamond bar than three days ago. According to an usher at Winner bar, they have plumbing issues in the units above. Only three customers at Winner when I entered around 23:00 hrs. Quite a number of shirtless guys outside Good Boys, but I was too shy to enter. On the whole Sunee was rather deserted with staff outside Nice Boys looking forlorn.

paborn
September 20th, 2018, 00:46
I hope I'm not prying, but why would you be too shy to enter "Good Boys" as opposed to any other bar?

a447
September 20th, 2018, 08:01
Yes, no need to be shy - the guys there certainly aren't!

The guys I've been with have all been really friendly and very willing despite their somewhat "rough" appearance.

They are just a happy bunch of guys out to make a few baht

francois
September 20th, 2018, 14:03
I hope I'm not prying, but why would you be too shy to enter "Good Boys" as opposed to any other bar?

In my case the answer is absolutely; it is very intimidating and not my style, at all.

Manforallseasons
September 20th, 2018, 18:37

It is not exactly a bar....F.Y.I. owner has been M.I.A. and some assests like pool table are gone...to paborn's question, if it is still open when you are about you must see for yourself.

dinagam
September 20th, 2018, 22:22
Guys, Euro Boys has reopened. Yo and the boys are waiting for you all.

newalaan2
September 21st, 2018, 00:52
Guys, Euro Boys has reopened. Yo and the boys are waiting for you all.

Thanks for the pic and the encouraging update dinagam. I'll be parked at one of those tables early next week providing there are no weather related issues on the way to Thailand. Yo runs a great bar, honest, straight up and very welcoming.