PDA

View Full Version : DELETED

July 29th, 2006, 09:26
DELETED

Dodger
July 29th, 2006, 10:53
Now compare all that to what the boy gogo's charge us, and what they pay the boys. Something is wrong somewhere don't you agree?[quote:x9lz040u]

Not really John...all you get there is pussy.[/quote:x9lz040u]

atri1666
July 29th, 2006, 10:54
I agree and I know it for long time. Gays always pay more so i mostly use straight travel agencies and hotels to avoid rip off.

July 29th, 2006, 11:58
... once sang, 'It's not right, but it's ok'. The reason it's ok is that you have a choice, an economic choice. If you like Bangkok bars you can go to Soi Twilight and pay 250 baht a drink or go a little further down Suriwong Road, to the less popular gay bars near Tawan bar and pay 150 baht. In Pattaya you can hang at the gogo bars in Boyztown and pay 150 baht for a beer and have a small soda water at Ambiance for 90 baht or go to Sunnee or Jomtien and pay anything from 85 baht to 130 baht for a premium name beer and 40 baht for a large soda water.

It's economics, if Boyztown and Soi Twilight can drag in the punters and still charge what they like then all power to them. Personally I like Boyztown and Pattayaland, I would like things to be cheaper, I would like more bar beers in that area, I would like to see lap dancing or table top dancing, more sexy shows, but hey, that's what things cost there and that's whats available.

The drinks may be cheaper at the str8 gogo bar your friend owns but the 'off' fees are higher, I dare say that even things out as regards income over the night and cost to the customer.

As for what the 'boys' earn compared to the 'girls', I do wonder if this str8 bar is the norm when it comes to salaries. Did your friend happen to mention what bar girls earn in other bars? I would only assume, like you, not being au fait with that particular scene, that the salary offered by your str8 friend is towards the higher end of the market for Pattaya.

Aunty
July 29th, 2006, 12:03
I think it just reflects the numbers really. and how they impact supply and demand for sex work. Str8's 90-95% of the population, Homo's 5-10% of the population. More supply, lower prices. Less supply, higher prices. More demand, higher prices. Lower demand, lower prices. I'm sure there are many more Thai women that enter the sex industry, and even though there is a greater demand for them (hence the lower drink prices; they get the turnover), the numbers are still such that there is almost an oversupply.

But Thai men entering the sex industry? How many of those are there really? Given that most of their customers will also be men, and men who want to have sex with men are small in number, the guys need to be paid more to attract them into the industry. But if the demand in the market is there, higher prices will be sustained.

But it still sucks.

July 29th, 2006, 12:30
Huh??? Paid MORE?
Male sex workers are paid much LESS by the bars, correct?

July 29th, 2006, 13:25
DELETED

July 29th, 2006, 13:29
Yes, something is indeed rotten. So many bored, shuffling boys. Admit it, straight people have it better in this respect. Tis a shame.

Aunty
July 29th, 2006, 16:25
Huh??? Paid MORE?
Male sex workers are paid much LESS by the bars, correct?

Well that will teach me to try and multitask. I actually wrote that while at work. What I meant to say Thaiquila was the gay bars and gogo joints themselves will need to be paid more to compensate for the smaller demand, but then I could be wrong. Maybe my judgment is too clouded by my experience back home?

July 29th, 2006, 18:21
Extrapolating from just one staright bar isn't necessarily giving the complete picture. Regular readers of Stickman, who covers the female bar scene in Bangkok extensively, including prices, will know that while bar prices are often less (50%) of gay bar prices, the off fee is often much, much higher as is the tip

Dodger
July 29th, 2006, 20:37
Dancing girls are a commodity in LOS as they are in major cities all around the world. Finding young girls in the blue light areas who swilrl around poles and making ping pong balls disappear is easy to find.

Does anyone know of any other place in the world where you can find young guys doing the same? I don't mean those gay cluibs in the U.S. and Europe where those 25 Y/O Rambo's trot around with g-strings and body oil. I mean the type of venues we have in LOS, where innocent 18 Y/O boys flock to the stages in numbers, begging for the opportunity to go off and have sex with you.

We, as gays, are charged more, because we're willing to pay more...as the service offered to us in Thailand is unique...only to Thailand.

July 29th, 2006, 21:47
[/quote]We, as gays, are charged more, because we're willing to pay more...as the service offered to us in Thailand is unique...only to Thailand.

I am of a like mind with Doger.

One charges what the market will bear. The price-value proposition is always decided by the needs and desires of the customer base. A good businessman (read successful) is the one who finds the sweet spot where price and value gain him the most customers. Seems to me that many of the gay bar owners know their customer base and are charging accordingly.

July 29th, 2006, 21:48
We, as gays, are charged more, because we're willing to pay more...as the service offered to us in Thailand is unique...only to Thailand.

One charges what the market will bear. The price-value proposition is always decided by the needs and desires of the customer base. A good businessman (read successful) is the one who finds the sweet spot where price and value gain him the most customers. Seems to me that many of the gay bar owners know their customer base and are charging accordingly.

July 29th, 2006, 21:53

Doubtful. Then why do so many bars go out of business every year, or, more commonly, sell on to a bigger sucker.

July 29th, 2006, 23:28
if you want cheaper - arrange a meeting later- next day or when they have an off day.

July 30th, 2006, 01:48
Doubtful. Then why do so many bars go out of business every year, or, more commonly, sell on to a bigger sucker.

Agree, for some. However, many more stay in business from year to year. There are many bars in Boystown that have been there and going strong for years.

Dodger
July 30th, 2006, 03:11
An obvious trend is that the people (farang or Thai) who purchase gay gogo bars, especially in Sunee Plaza, have absolutely no idea how to manage a business.

For the most part, these are people who invest chump change ($15,000-$25,000 U.S.) for the opportunity to go broke...and many do.

None of these bars have ever gone out of business or changed names because of the lack of market interest...they simply don't know what they're doing.

bing
July 30th, 2006, 03:16
This thread is similar to the question some ago about, where is the best place on earth to spend a vacation..... No doubt there is a better place that Pattaya, but I seem to go back to the place I like. So for better or worse, I like Pattaya best of all. No place like it that I have found. .... Well Bangkok is very nice too. So Dodger is spot on.

wowpow
July 30th, 2006, 07:18
John, The info on the girl's salaries and incomes is very interesting. I have only been to girl go-go bars a few times. One was on Walking Street run by and Australian and one just off that street down Soi Diamond.

I was very impressed by the girls who were very beautiful and danced skillfully and energetically plus they worked well in the shows - at the pussy-licky show my straight boy from the beach nearly burst his pants. The places were nice, drinks were cheap, service attentive and they had early bird drinks at rock bottom prices. The customers were nearly all foreign men.There did not seem to be any underage girls. From what I remember the off fee was higher than at gay bars and more importantly the girls expected higher 'tips' than bar boys in Pattaya. There was talk of 1500 baht+.

On my visits the bars were very busy, even early evening. Perhaps that's why they can offer reasonably priced drinks. Also at those prices people were happy to spend time there and down several drinks. My reaction was - why can't some gay bars operate like this - they would make a killing. Maybe the market just isn't large enough.

Aunty
July 30th, 2006, 07:36
At the pussy licky show. Oh God, what the hell is that? They're not going down on each other are they?

And just out of curiosity, how many gogo bars (gay and str8, in the tourist spots) are actually owned by farang?

July 30th, 2006, 12:58
DELETED

July 30th, 2006, 13:13
is picking up on the huge salary difference here.

Do you not think that if a gay venue started offering higher salaries and bonuses and got the boys to actually work for it, look interested, dance, perform etc. that maybe that bar would be a winning bar. The owner could be very selective who he takes on, and he would have a keen workforce with a queue outside the door of replacements to those ones that didn't come up to scratch. That along with competative drink prices would attract in customers who would then stay longer and drink more.

Is this too simple?
Yes, that and the booty licky show, I'm there!

Dodger
July 30th, 2006, 16:34
Aunty...

All of Boyztown is owned by farangs...then there's the Gentlemens Club, the longest gay gogo in operation in PTY. Others include Kaos, K-Boys, Sawatdee, etc.

Aunty
July 30th, 2006, 17:27
Aunty...

All of Boyztown is owned by farangs...then there's the Gentlemens Club, the longest gay gogo in operation in PTY. Others include Kaos, K-Boys, Sawatdee, etc.

Thanks Dodger. So if the farang didn't own them do you think the Thai would actually bother?

lonelywombat
July 30th, 2006, 18:50
is picking up on the huge salary difference here.

Do you not think that if a gay venue started offering higher salaries and bonuses and got the boys to actually work for it, look interested, dance, perform etc. that maybe that bar would be a winning bar. The owner could be very selective who he takes on, and he would have a keen workforce with a queue outside the door of replacements to those ones that didn't come up to scratch. That along with competative drink prices would attract in customers who would then stay longer and drink more.

Is this too simple?

One of my favourite bars in BKK was Super Lex. there the boys were trained ( in the late nineties) to do synchronised dancing (movement) They had a good floor show including a shower show, cabaret and it was a really good night out. They failed. It was not only becuse of the elderly lady thai dancer who performed every night.

Often I go to bars where occasionally they make an effort to co-ordinate the boys, it doesnt last long.

I spoke one night to a farang bar owner and he said that the boys that made the attempt to learn routines were first off.

If you came late in the night you got the second level, those that could not dance or WANTED TO

The boys that could dance or move acceptability, got big heads and moved to bigger bars.

He said why train them. I could see his point even if I did not agree with him

I believe most boys in Sunee would prefer to work in Boyztown. I have taken a few there to see the show at Throb or BBB

and you can see it in their eyes. Maybe Krazy is different, but the others no.

July 31st, 2006, 09:14
DELETED

lonelywombat
July 31st, 2006, 09:55
[/quote]I believe most boys in Sunee would prefer to work in Boyztown. I have taken a few there to see the show at Throb or BBB and you can see it in their eyes. Maybe Krazy is different, but the others no.[/quote]

[/quote john botting]You are missing the point. I am not on about show boys. I am talking about basic salaries for a gogo boy. No training needed, just that they are able to dance and inter-react with the punters.[/quote]

Sorry I was not clear enough, most go go boys in sunee would prefer to work as go go in Boyztown

July 31st, 2006, 15:22
One of my favorite bars in BKK was Super Lex. They failed. It was not only because of the elderly lady Thai dancer
Lady: Lady man.

It was not only because of the elderly lady Thai dancer who performed every night.
Performed: Rocked on her bunions to a collection of Asian dances. One of the few with real talent.

Dodger
July 31st, 2006, 19:34
John,

The str8 gogo's in Pattayaland are still aligned with serving visiting solders who simply can't afford expensive drinks.

That raunchy little area we love so much called Sunee Plaza commonly caters to Corporate Executives, not to mention a few U.S. Senators.

Pattayaland is also dealing with a higher volume of customers, thus, the owner can offer lower drink prices while still maintaining the profit margin.

BTW...I offed a girl from "Bubbles" one night and she seemed just as please with the 1,500 baht tip as the boys do. OK, OK...I thought she was a guy.