PDA

View Full Version : Vientiane Serviced Apartment

cdnmatt
September 3rd, 2018, 03:54
Doubt it, but never know, maybe someone here knows of a good recommendation.

Thinking this one:
https://www.booking.com/hotel/la/apartment-thidathip.en-gb.html

Just for a month or so, until I get a 1 year business VISA, and we get a house. Seems like a nice place, plus has separate bedroom and kitchen, so good. I don't feel like eating out at markets / restaurants every day for a month. Good rates too, and about the same as a typical, decent 600 baht/night hotel.

Or by chance any other recommendations from anyone who's spent time in Vientiane?

francois
September 3rd, 2018, 12:14
What happened with the dogs? Will they be allowed?

cdnmatt
September 3rd, 2018, 12:33

frequent
September 3rd, 2018, 12:37
What happened with the dogs? Will they be allowed?Only for eating. Seriously, Matt reported some weeks ago that they are dead

cdnmatt
September 3rd, 2018, 12:45
I really hope you guys have some mild shred of humanity in you, and don't rail on that topic.

frequent
September 3rd, 2018, 13:01
I really hope you guys have some mild shred of humanity in you, and don't rail on that topic.C'mon Matt, you've been here long enough to know better than that. I was reminded of the Forum watching the first episode of the BBC's new costume drama Vanity Fair last night (UK time). Thackeray (the author) describes Vanity Fair as the place where “everyone is striving for what is not worth having”

francois
September 3rd, 2018, 17:46
Sorry, matt, please excuse my faux pas, I was unaware that your dogs had died.

The residence appears to be nice and the reviews are good and the rent is reasonable. Good luck.

gerefan2
September 3rd, 2018, 23:57
Thinking this one:
https://www.booking.com/hotel/la/apartment-thidathip.en-gb.html
Seems like a nice place, plus has separate bedroom and kitchen, so good.

Well just looking at the pics it does seem nice...oh I'm sorry.

cdnmatt
September 4th, 2018, 02:55
Really? Wow, that's about as petty as when Trump made fun of that disabled reporter.

gerefan2
September 4th, 2018, 13:52
I don't make fun of disabled people...fakes I do.

scottish-guy
September 4th, 2018, 14:17
Everybody on this board is fake to a varying degree

frequent
September 4th, 2018, 14:20
Everybody on this board is fake to a varying degreeMine's a PhD

Nirish guy
September 4th, 2018, 14:34
Speak for yourself ! :-p

DoubleDutch
September 4th, 2018, 19:22
I really hope you guys have some mild shred of humanity in you, and don't rail on that topic.

What happened to 'couple of cool dogs'?

cdnmatt
September 4th, 2018, 23:52
Oh shit, so I still have you calling me a fake. Then I have a447 calling me a liar, because I said I didn't look blind, but as it turns out, I guess I quite obviously do look blind from my photos.

Fun stuff...