PDA

View Full Version : News from Siamroads.com - gay guides and companions in South East Asia.

Moses
August 29th, 2018, 19:24
It's funny - I just realized what I never posted news from Siamroads.com here like I do at other forums.

Today SGT will be first forum where I'll post "teaser" about new guide. It is very special case - first in the history of Siamroads. More details will be published in the announce of new guide. For now just teasing picture.

Guess: country? Nationality?

bazzabear
August 30th, 2018, 00:06
bali and malasian

Moses
August 30th, 2018, 00:33
bali and malasian

nope

PS: after each 3rd wrong guess I will add one more photo :)

Blacktouch
August 30th, 2018, 04:25
Cambodia?

Moses
August 30th, 2018, 04:41
Cambodia?

no

cdnmatt
August 30th, 2018, 04:52
Oh, I forgot all about you guys. You wouldn't by any chance have someone in Vientiane, would you?

If so, would they be up for running occassional errands here and there, or is it strictly tour guide only? Just things like maybe a bit of shopping, or go mail this, photocopy that, spilled beer again can you buy me a new keyboard, pick me up and drop me off where ever I need to go, etc. I'd happy pay decently if you have one, and he's up for a gig like that.

Wouldn't be too often, as I do have a husband to take care of that shit for me. I'm sure there will be times where he's busy though, doing.... whatever the hell it is he does, and I need something done.

Obviously, I could care less what they look like. Just make sure they're trustworthy.

Blueskytoday
August 30th, 2018, 07:15
I really want to know...I wonder IF some to give "extra" services at the end of the day?? extra tip..Seems plausible...I think others also think this. But the site owner says NO...Way..

cdnmatt
August 30th, 2018, 07:40
I really want to know...I wonder IF some to give "extra" services at the end of the day?? extra tip..Seems plausible...I think others also think this. But the site owner says NO...Way..

Please don't tell me you're that thick. Of course it happens.

What Moses' is saying is that it's 100% up to the tour guide, and definitely don't go in expecting sexual services. If it happens, it happens, but by no means is that part of the deal.

Hell, I had sex with a Pizza Hut delivery guy once (I was single at the time), and I'm pretty sure offering sexual services to your deliveries isn't in the employment contract.

frequent
August 30th, 2018, 08:26
Please don't tell me you're that thick.Language please, cdnmatt. We don't want the poor chap thinking you're harassing him

Moses
August 30th, 2018, 13:02

This service is working 9 years for now. It served few hundreds clients, part of them are members of SGT, GT and GBT forums who posted reports about travel with Siamroads. If you don't believe to my replies - you can try to ask members of forums who reported their impressions.

Moses
August 30th, 2018, 13:23
Oh, I forgot all about you guys. You wouldn't by any chance have someone in Vientiane, would you?

Sorry, Luang Prabang and around for now

Moses
August 30th, 2018, 14:36
One more teaser:

frequent
August 30th, 2018, 14:42
Has he been to Cutey & Beauty recently?

Moses
August 30th, 2018, 14:49
Has he been to Cutey & Beauty recently?

I have no idea what guys do at vacant time :)))

a447
August 30th, 2018, 16:01
I think he's from Myanmar.

Moses
August 30th, 2018, 16:15
I think he's from Myanmar.

Correct! :)

Moses
August 31st, 2018, 16:45
Please welcome Nicki - the first (but not last) transgender guide in Siamroads team.

Nicki is from Yangon, Myanmar. She is 22 yo experienced freelancer guide and LGBT activist. Languages: English, Burmese.

Full profile and more photos are here: https://siamroads.com/nicki-guide-in-yangon/

AsDaRa
September 8th, 2018, 23:29
I will have my first experience with Siam roads soon. I needed a driver for some sightseeing and got the idea via one of the boards.

I wonder what all is included in the fee. I guess I pay the guide (that is the listed fee I assume), and I assume of course I need to pay seperately for the petrol for the car. I assume the car is his own proptery, so I don't need to pay for the car, just the petrol. But I am not sure of that. Of course I will pay his lunch and dinner also. But do I need to pay for the car itself? That is not clear to me.

Moses
September 9th, 2018, 03:24
I will have my first experience with Siam roads soon. I needed a driver for some sightseeing and got the idea via one of the boards.

I wonder what all is included in the fee. I guess I pay the guide (that is the listed fee I assume), and I assume of course I need to pay seperately for the petrol for the car. I assume the car is his own proptery, so I don't need to pay for the car, just the petrol. But I am not sure of that. Of course I will pay his lunch and dinner also. But do I need to pay for the car itself? That is not clear to me.

Everything is explained at FAQ page https://siamroads.com/faq/

Shortly: only guide's time is included in price. Rest depends on plan of your tour - transportation (public transport, taxi, car or limo), entrance fees (in state museums and in temples you'll pay only for your tickets, in private museums - for your and guide's ticket).

If you will choose car for tour, then you'll pay fixed price for car, for example Olay's car will cost to you 3000 Bahts per day (8 hours) for tour within Bangkok. To be honest I don't know why take car for Bangkok because 1/4 of your time you'll spend in traffic jams. I suggest to use skytrain + boats. For tours outside of Bangkok Olay's car cost 4400. In both cases fuel and tolls are included.

Rest guides in Bangkok haven't license for public transportation and in case you will ask for car - they will book car with driver from company with license for public transportation. Price starts from 3000-3500 for 8 hours.

Moses
October 26th, 2018, 21:44
One more testimonials:

Thank you for connecting us with Mac. He is professional, knowledgeable and creative as well as passionate about his guests and making sure they have an enjoyable tour.

We wish we had been able to book more days with Mac. We had seen enough Temples in our 3 weeks of touring Asia and asked him for a “day as a local.” This included haircuts at a local barber and getting our ears washed - sounds odd but you will be happy you tried it! He taught us the ins and outs of the BTS and locals boat bus as well as how to avoid getting scammed by Tuk Tuk drivers and making sure we were in metered cabs.

We ate street foods he selected and taught us about and we never got sick but tasted things we never had before. We shopped where there were no Western people and ate duck at a Bangkok locals version of Panda Express.

We had a blast getting away from the tourist traps. Mac asked us great questions to figure out what we were interested in and then tailored our day based on our wishes.

He did a great job and we recommend him highly!

John Wilson and PJ Conte

siscu58
October 26th, 2018, 22:52
What a beauty!

Moses
December 15th, 2018, 17:36
Siamroads got new review on Mac's job:

Hello at Siam Roads,

I took a day tour with Mac on Sunday, Dec. 2. Now I have time to write to you briefly just to tell you how much I liked the tour and how helpful Mac was on my first day in Bangkok. Thanks to him I have seen a lot that I would otherwise have missed, and I liked his calm and professional manner and his friendlyness a lot. It was a good experience. Thank you!

Reiner

Mac's profile is here https://siamroads.com/mac/