View Full Version : closed forum?

dab69
January 17th, 2006, 04:57
recently did an IE Clean on my comp and lost all passwords as usual (keep most in my email).
Couldn't get elephantspikes's email or access his blog without password, had to search for old sawasdee site and access my ezboard mail there for password here.
How would newbies ever access this site?

Michael
January 17th, 2006, 05:18
As wowpow might say, "Did you try google?"
In a search for "Gay Thailand" the old forum comes up in 5th place thanks to Spikes's hard work. No sign of this new site yet,but I'm sure that Spikes will get onto this once he's sorted out all our other gripes about our new home!

elephantspike
January 17th, 2006, 05:20
I suppose It might be a good idea to make a "contact us" email link publicly viewable.

Unregistered users can view all the forums here, but they can't post on any of them until they register, which they can do easily by clicking on the "register" button at the top nav menu. Once they have done this, they will have access to all of the board's features, including the ability to view the "email" buttons on everyone's posts.

Registered members can click on the "forgot password" button on the login screen to have their passwords emailed to them. This is another reason why it is important for all members who are using usernames that were converted from ezboard to go to their profile and enter a valid email. All converted users from ezboard have their email set to "null" as part of the conversion proccess. To change your email, go to "profile", and enter the new email and your password in the provided space, and click "submit" at the bottom of the page. That deactivates your membership until you click through the link that gets emailed to you automatically, which will reactivate it.

elephantspike
January 17th, 2006, 05:29
The old forum comes up in 5th place thanks to Spikes's hard work. No sign of this new site yet,but I'm sure that Spikes will get onto this

Funny you should mention that. I just yesterday did some SEO changes that affect the way the forum looks when a user is logged out. Log-out and browse around. All of the page titles are now matched to the forum/topic title exactly, with the "Sawatdee Gay thailand/ veiw Topic" part removed, and the urls all now appear to logged-out users (and search engines) as .html files, which search engines love. :blob8: There is more about this on the thread about "what happened to 'who's Online' thread" in Posting Guidelines. :happy1: