PDA

View Full Version : 5 Years out of Thailand.

MARK
August 18th, 2018, 21:43
Well it’s a long time since I have been on the forum, Missing Thailand any body wish to fill me in on how much things have changed or not as the case may be.

arsenal
August 18th, 2018, 22:25
And here's to you Krazy Dragon Mark
Sunee loved you more than you will know.
Wo wo wo.

Where have you gone Krazy Dragon Mark? A plaza turns it's lonely eyes to you.
Woo woo woo.

What's that you say Mrs Sunee P
Krazy Mark has left and gone away.
Hey hey hey.
Hey hey hey.

a447
August 18th, 2018, 23:35
I also presume it is Mark from KD.

If it is, then perhaps it's better not to say anything, lest we cause him a mental breakdown!

Mark, if that's you out there, it's probably best just to remember it as it was.

MARK
August 19th, 2018, 00:40
Yes it is me and I am alive and kicking Enjoying the U.K. never thought I would say that. Had several holidays to my lovely Morocco but missing some of the delights of Thailand.
So thinking of a holiday feel free to catch up with me on Facebook at just search
Markmatthews1965@hotmail.com. Nice to see some of you guys still out there.

Jellybean
August 20th, 2018, 01:01
Some of the posts in this topic have been moved to the Sawatdee Gay World forum under the title, Morocco Overview.

A quick link is below:
https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?20204-Morocco-Overview

scottish-guy
August 20th, 2018, 13:58
These days you have to watch watch you don't get any infartion points for going off-topic in your own thread

scottish-guy
August 20th, 2018, 16:20
I didn't mean to type "watch" twice but it actually reinforces the point!

:D

Manforallseasons
August 20th, 2018, 16:31
These days you have to watch watch you don't get any infartion points for going off-topic

Can those points be redeemed at Big C?

arsenal
August 20th, 2018, 19:55
Scottish Guy's post is technically off topic and should therefore be moved to an appropriate forum. Perhaps we need a mrs wet knickers forum especially for him.

arsenal
August 21st, 2018, 08:26
To give you an idea Mark. It's pointless to deny that the gay scene in Pattaya is a pale shadow of what it was. Sunee has all but gone and Boyztown is shrinking. Only Jomtien has bucked the trend and is a throbbing melange of bars and restaurants. Having said that it remains the world's best gay holiday destination in my opinion. Sunee still has 4 go go bars and BT has 5 if you don't include BBB which I don't. There's always something going on in at least one of the areas and often all three. I estimate about 1000 boys are available in the bars. I know you ride a motorbike and riding through the hills away from the metropolis never fails to yield an enormous sense of well being and I always come across something new and interesting. In short of you didn't have a great holiday in Pattaya there would be something wrong.

sglad
August 21st, 2018, 09:01
It's pointless to deny that the gay scene in Pattaya is a pale shadow of what it was. Sunee has all but gone and Boyztown is shrinking.

This is almost poetic in its metaphor when you think about it. Most of the punters in Pattaya are a pale shadow of their former selves and it could be said that what's happening to the 'scene' now is a case of art imitating life.

Smiles
August 21st, 2018, 09:09
" ... Most of the punters in Pattaya are a pale shadow of their former selves . . . art imitating life ... "Yep ... us old gits are now simply a bunch of hyperventilating demographics. Time to get out of Dodge, gracefully. But that's hard to accomplish when one is just a demo.

sglad
August 21st, 2018, 09:14
Yep ... us old gits are now simply a bunch of hyperventilating demographics. Time to get out of Dodge, gracefully. But that's hard to accomplish when one is just a demo.

I had to google "get out of Dodge". :D

Smiles
August 21st, 2018, 09:40
I had to google "get out of Dodge". :D
Obviously you are not from Kansas.
After your post above it wet my whistle regarding this phrase: I also Googled it. How demoralising!

From the Urban Dictionary:

" ... the TV show "Gunsmoke," in which villians were often commanded to "get the hell out of Dodge." The phrase took on its current meaning in the 1960s and 70s when teenagers began to use it in its current form ..."

WHAT!!??

sglad
August 21st, 2018, 09:57

No, I'm not but that doesn't mean I can't be friends with Dorothy. :mocking_mini:

frequent
August 21st, 2018, 10:03
Most of us aren't but that doesn't stop us from being friends of Dorothy. :mocking_mini:Speaking of Dorothys (and I'm intrigued how some young sprig from Singapore knows the phrase "friend of Dorothy" (not that I believe he's either young or from Singapore)), whenever I think of Pattaya (which isn't too often) I perceive its ex-pats as coming from the same background as Dolly Parton claims to be (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9oqgo-GEPY).

frequent
August 21st, 2018, 10:04
After your post above it wet my whistle regarding this phrase: I also Googled it. How demoralising!

From the Urban Dictionary:WHAT!!??I think you'll find that's more an indication of sglad's true age (not to mention background)

arsenal
August 21st, 2018, 10:11
Poor Freakybum. He trolls (and does little else) others on a daily basis yet goes scampering to the red triangle if anyone gives it back to him. At 70 plus years old his declining years don't promise much if he continues like this.

sglad
August 21st, 2018, 10:24
Speaking of Dorothys (and I'm intrigued how some young sprig from Singapore knows the phrase "friend of Dorothy"...

Sister Marie Francoise made a reference to Dorothy in a post on Thai Eggs a few months back and I looked it up. I also remember my lecturer in film studies discussing the The Wizard of Oz from a queer perspective (for eg, Judy Garland's popularity among gay men from previous generations, mainstreaming of elements of the film into gay popular culture, etc).

Incidentally, I can cite Shakespeare and Chaucer too but that doesn't mean I was born in Elizabethan England or secretly speak Middle English at home.

Captain Swing
August 21st, 2018, 12:33

From the Urban Dictionary:

WHAT!!??
While you're at it, you might Google "wet my whistle." I don't think it means what you think it means.

Smiles
August 21st, 2018, 14:15
While you're at it, you might Google "wet my whistle." I don't think it means what you think it means.
Yes, I know what it means originaly ... I just like my New Creation along with it's now New Meaning. If Trump can change history at the blink of a tweet, so can I.
So take a hike ... you know what that means, eh?

frequent
August 21st, 2018, 14:26
Yes, I know what it means originaly ... I just like my New Creation along with it's now New Meaning. If Trump can change history at the blink of a tweet, so can I. "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less." Alice through the looking glass

Captain Swing
August 22nd, 2018, 00:24
So take a hike ... you know what that means, eh?

I'm not sure. Is that like a Canadian version of "Go fuck yourself, asshole?"

Smiles
August 22nd, 2018, 08:22
I'm not sure. Is that like a Canadian version of "Go fuck yourself, asshole?"It's a gentle version of that. All Canadians are gentle.

arsenal
August 22nd, 2018, 08:24
Except on the ice hockey rink.

StevieWonders
August 22nd, 2018, 11:19
Poor Freakybum. He trolls (and does little else) others on a daily basis yet goes scampering to the red triangle if anyone gives it back to him. At 70 plus years old his declining years don't promise much if he continues like this.Keep up the good work arsenal

arsenal
August 22nd, 2018, 14:19
Most assuredly.

latintopxxx
August 22nd, 2018, 15:34
back onto the topic...I miss krazy dragon...why did u leave...why give it up???

Marsilius
August 23rd, 2018, 03:33
And why leave it in the hands of that awful American who so completely misjudged the market and finished the place off within six months (Money, I guess!)

MARK
August 23rd, 2018, 18:51
I put it on the market the first month it did not give me a living profit it’s as simples as that. Loved doing it but would not do it again, could be a lot of fun and a big headache as I suppose are most businesses, but at the end of the day I never did it for fun it was there to make money.

arsenal
August 23rd, 2018, 18:58
You will also find a load of fantastic places to eat. From the romance of Bang Saray and it's choice of seafood restaurants jutting out into the sea to the stunning Bacca Beach Italian and it's equally sumptuous neighbour The Glasshouse to the achingly chic Fflic as well as the neighbourhood bistrot's near Tukom and the array of eateries in Jomtien.

Halfhansum
August 24th, 2018, 01:26
Is the Deli Diner open again yet ?

arsenal
September 8th, 2018, 16:59
Deli Diner re-opens on September 10. Free soft drink.

gerefan2
September 9th, 2018, 01:45
Whoaa yippee ...back to the 119 baht full cholesterol breakfast. Please submit a 15 page review of the sausages Arsenal.

frequent
September 9th, 2018, 07:22
Whoaa yippee ...back to the 119 baht full cholesterol breakfast. Please submit a 15 page review of the sausages Arsenal.Isaan sausages?

paborn
September 9th, 2018, 08:40
Deli Diner re-opens on September 10. Free soft drink.

Where is the diner located?

Captain Swing
September 9th, 2018, 10:53

152 kilometers south of the Tarntawan Hotel.

Lest that appear unhelpful, it's across from Tukcom in Pattaya.

arsenal
September 9th, 2018, 12:26
It's on a bit of a food street Paborn. Quite a few bistro's, a pizza place and a few casual dining outlets.

frequent
September 9th, 2018, 13:52
arsenal’s huge affection for the Greengrocer’s Apostrophe (https://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2011/02/04/random-apostrophization/) has been evident in not one but two recent posts:

It's the numbers on trade, tariff's, NATO spending …

Quite a few bistro's, a pizza place…

I suspect he spent his time at school around the back of the bike sheds; Slough Comprehensive (https://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/3313806/Bring-back-the-Kings-Lynn-thickos.html) it wasn’t

It’s nothing against arsenal by the way; as I recall Smiles is also a recidivist. In honour of all those who love the Greengrocer’s Apostrophe I give you this:

francois
September 9th, 2018, 20:07

paborn, assuming you are an American, Deli Diner is neither a Deli nor a Diner.

As posted it is across from the side of Tukcom; if you were standing on Pattaya Tai, facing Tukcom, you would take the soi on the right side of Tukcom.
There are several other restaurants in a row, Cuisine Au Beurre, Petite Planet, Wine Bar and Deli Dinner.

arsenal
September 9th, 2018, 20:31
Had some rather lovely Moules rites at Petite Planet. A full kilogram. Nice and fresh with good flavour but could have done with a touch more acidity. 285 baht.

christianpfc
September 13th, 2018, 21:46
Had some rather lovely Moules rites at Petite Planet.
Moules-frites at La Petite Planete. French poses a challenge to those who do not speak/write/read it, and and that is before putting the right accents on the letters!

Le Cafe RoyalE had an E that does not belong there, and the bakery SaintE Etoile has an E missing that belongs there.

paborn
September 13th, 2018, 22:50
Christian, you shock me. Thai sinage is as bad in French as it is in English?

christianpfc
September 13th, 2018, 22:58
Worse.

frequent
September 14th, 2018, 04:27
Christian, you shock me. Thai sinage is as bad in French as it is in English?”sinage” AND “peaked”. He is doing well