View Full Version : Heartwarming story by Geezer on the Gaybutton forum

sglad
August 14th, 2018, 05:37
I came across this very heartwarming story by Geezer on the Gaybutton forum about his relationship with his Thai partner. Geezer ends his story by saying that he's won life's lottery. I think his partner shares the prize in having met someone as trusting, unselfish and easygoing as Geezer. Read it here:

http://www.gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9207&sid=d2d3df82f82e856779633f4222366000

paborn
August 14th, 2018, 06:01
A very touching story. I was truly moved by it. Sadly, I wonder - actually, I doubt that I would be trusting enough to allow the relationship to grow.

bucky13
August 14th, 2018, 06:17
The part that touched me was that the "mostly" straight, young boy from BoyzBoyzBoyz, with the newly 50K baht in hand, immediately returned to his impoverished, imperfect parents and undoubtedly left it behind, and then committed to the elderly benefactor, thus repaying that debt.

We sometimes forget that so many of these working boys do what they do to help the most important of Thai values: their family.

paborn
August 14th, 2018, 06:29
Bucky, I agree. But, why assume "imperfect" ? Poverty in the countryside is hardly new.

bucky13
August 14th, 2018, 06:58
Because if you read closely, he said his father was an alcoholic and vowed not to follow down that path.
I'm not judging, but rather it emphasizes family ties, no matter the circumstance.

frequent
August 14th, 2018, 07:22
Because if you read closely, he said his father was an alcoholic and vowed not to follow down that path. I'm not judging, but rather it emphasizes family ties, no matter the circumstance.Alcoholism is widespread in the villages of Thailand, along with its corollary, domestic violence

bucky13
August 14th, 2018, 07:24
thus the word "imperfect"

Is that Ok with you, paborn?

paborn
August 14th, 2018, 07:58
Actually, his father was an alcholic his mother might be a saint struggling to keep the family together. So, an imperfect home life but not, necessarily imperfect parents.

bucky13
August 14th, 2018, 08:24
LOL

another of your relentless "I ALWAYS gotta be right" posts...

paborn
August 14th, 2018, 08:26
It actually saddens me that you view me that way, Oh well........

frequent
August 14th, 2018, 08:36
It actually saddens me that you view me that way, Oh well........Doesn't that qualify for that great American expression "Suck It Up"?

gerefan2
August 14th, 2018, 08:43
LOL

another of your relentless "I ALWAYS gotta be right" posts...

This from a veteran of 6 posts...All but two on this subject.
Another ”newby” stirring it.....or is he a newby??
Don’t lose any sleep Padborn.

Captain Swing
August 14th, 2018, 09:02
Interesting how many guys in the Gaybutton thread met THE guy 18 years ago. I too met the man of my dreams 18 years ago. And 15 years ago. And 11 years. And 7. And 4. And I"m hoping to go back this November. I'll probably be lucky again.

Smiles
August 14th, 2018, 10:57
It is somewhat spooky for sure. Guess what our anniversary is this year ... yep, one more creepy 18'er in this corner.

Smiles
August 14th, 2018, 14:05
" ... We sometimes forget that so many of these working boys do what they do to help the most important of Thai values: their family ... "Who forgets?

I think you'll find that a very large percentage of folks on this message board are incredibly in-the-know regarding Thai guys in the Sex Scene ~~ away from their homes ~~ taking care of their parents and grand parents as best they can: usually money, no matter how small, a digital ATM floating frenzy of Baht back to Isaan (and other provinces) from the Bangkok/Pattaya Shuffle.

"Forgetting?" Bullshit.

Nirish guy
August 14th, 2018, 16:42
... re Buck13........or is he a newby??.

?? I just ASSUMED that that was the old Buckingaway ? reposting after having to register his profile name in some new way for some technical reason - no ?? Bucky ?

sglad
August 14th, 2018, 20:12
It is somewhat spooky for sure. Guess what our anniversary is this year ... yep, one more creepy 18'er in this corner.

The air at the turn of the century must have been filled with romance. :heart::):heart: