PDA

View Full Version : New ban- standing on rear step of Baht-Buses/SongTaews in Pattaya. Anyone noticed?

newalaan2
August 12th, 2018, 04:54
Have noted a couple Pattaya Bloggers bringing attention to a new rule that now forbids standing on the rear step of Pattaya baht buses and can incur a Bt3,000 fine for violation. Apparently new rule made about a month ago and according to said bloggers Pattaya Police have already started fining baht-bus passengers breaking this new rule. Anyone 'on the ground' in Pattaya noticed any change in over-loaded baht-buses or have seen police action? or even come across baht bus drivers cautioning passengers about this new rule?

I use baht-buses quite a bit during a Pattaya visit between Jomtien-South Pattaya and along 2nd/Beach Rd/ Soi Bawkau, so just interested to know if there's any truth behind it, or if it's yet another 'rule' to be ignored.

Manforallseasons
August 12th, 2018, 06:34
New rule yes!.......Like many other rules...meaningless....nothing has changed.

francois
August 12th, 2018, 09:49
Agree with MFAS, no change. I did once see a Baht Bus driver ask passengers not to stand on the rear step, and that was over a year ago.

a447
August 12th, 2018, 10:27
Perhaps it's just another source of income to tide certain people over during low season.

I imagine only tourists would be targeted, as how many locals could pay a fine of 3000 baht?

dab69
August 12th, 2018, 16:47
Great idea for a new rule/law.
Although I liked standing I didn't like the idea of a rear-end collision happening.

scottish-guy
August 12th, 2018, 17:09
The easy solution is to bolt a weighing scale to the platform - Pattaya expat queens will instantly avoid standing there under any circumstances

:drink:

Nirish guy
August 12th, 2018, 17:15
Or ( on a serious note) if they REALLY want to stop the practice just insist / make a law / introduce a fine for the DRIVER of any bus who doesn't simply weld a small length of metal across the current gap where we stand and / or just cut away the actual step metalwork, thus forcing it closed hence automatically stopping anyone being ABLE to stand there in the first place - simples!

scottish-guy
August 12th, 2018, 18:19
My suggestion was more fun

:cray_mini:

Nirish guy
August 12th, 2018, 18:45
Pattaya expat queens will instantly avoid standing there under any circumstances

? have you SEEN some of them !?? I really doubt they'd care as if putting on a clean shirt without egg stains down the front and shorts that look like they were last washed about a month ago I doubt scales telling them exactly what everyone else can already see would make much difference to them.

a447
August 13th, 2018, 16:37
I've got some news for you, Nirish. Those yellowing egg stains are not what they seem!