PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya performer Maisie Trollette opens Brighton Pride at 84yo - Video

scottish-guy
August 4th, 2018, 20:26
Not everybody's cup of tea I'm sure but amazing to still be "working" as a drag act at 84.

Mind you, Dolly John and Dolly David must be giving her a good run for her money age-wise :D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-sussex-45036459/brighton-pride-veteran-84-set-for-parade

sglad
August 4th, 2018, 21:08
Boy, that a447 surely gets around, doesn't she?

scottish-guy
August 4th, 2018, 21:57
That's not a447 ......................... a447 wears more make-up

latintopxxx
August 5th, 2018, 12:01
scotty u r totally funny...good one

frequentfliers
August 6th, 2018, 00:36
Great showman..

Patanawet
August 6th, 2018, 14:36
Love Maisie.
Until fairly recently he came and did charity performances in Pattaya and Bangkok.
There are several videos of his performances (also with the sadly missed Phil Starr) on Balcony Pub website.

paborn
August 6th, 2018, 23:00
Does anyone remember Lex Matsuda (sp.?? ) a trans who ran a wonderful bar with a garden called Super Lex in that soi that runs down the right of Golden Cock. She used to do an act with a snake - horrible - but, she ran a great go go.

MiniMee
August 6th, 2018, 23:19
Does anyone remember Lex Matsuda (sp.?? ) I have a strong suspicion that scottishguy does.......

scottish-guy
August 7th, 2018, 00:36
I've heard of Legs Akimbo, but not Lex Matsuda.

It sounds a class act and obviously in entirely the right location, being next to Golden Cock, Super A, and Nature Boy.

I hope she washed the snake afterwards.

Nirish guy
August 7th, 2018, 00:51
Wouldn't be the first guy I've cum across in Bangkok who had a big python and knew how to use it. :-)

frequent
August 7th, 2018, 06:44
I've heard of Legs Akimbo, but not Lex Matsuda. It sounds a class act and obviously in entirely the right location, being next to Golden Cock, Super A, and Nature Boy. I hope she washed the snake afterwards.I went there a couple of times but wasn't really enthused enough to make it a regular stopping place (stopover, layover or connection? I'm sure paborn will know). That may be because I regard drag acts as merely occupational therapy for drag queens and rather a drag themselves, entertainment-wise. I did see Herself later wandering around Soi Twilight but I'm not sure there was an association with any particular bar. Twilight Bar itself (before it became Hotmale) was owned? managed? by a pair of Thai trannies

paborn
August 7th, 2018, 07:11
her act was, thank God, brief. She did have the boys put on all kind of shows with Thai costumes and traditional dance. This was not in Soi Twilight but at the end of the soi that runs between Golden Cock and Nature boys. Heading towards it Siper A was on the left. It was a fantastic place. in the late 80's it was a favorite of many. As I recall she had made her money on TV in Japan with a drag show that was all the rage. Sher "retired" to Bangkok - I think she was Britsh.

frequent
August 7th, 2018, 07:13
And if you're wondering what happened to the snake - https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-36394819

frequent
August 7th, 2018, 07:22
her act was, thank God, brief. She did have the boys put on all kind of shows with Thai costumes and traditional dance. This was not in Soi Twilight but at the end of the soi that runs between Golden Cock and Nature boys. Heading towards it Siper A was on the left.Exactly so, paborn. Once her bar had closed (ceased business) I sometimes saw her in Soi Twilight

paborn
August 7th, 2018, 07:37
Your right, now that you remind me she did some shows -horrid. But the Lady Boys thought it high art.