PDA

View Full Version : Kinsey Scale Test

frequent
July 28th, 2018, 16:19
That's a lower % than the general gay population - how strange in a job based on sexual encounters with guys.

Baffles belief in fact, but I'm sure you'll share your evidence with us, won't you - or is "probably" your get-out clause?

I’m much more interested in seeing a distribution according to the Kinsey scale than some binary fantasy of “straight” vs. “gay”

paborn
July 28th, 2018, 18:57
Scottish Guy wrote.
"I don't see the attraction in offing str8 boys at all"

This one is not personal so I'll say to everyone. Try it and see. Just great fun from start to finish.

I've been with many Straight boys. But, rush to add that to those of us who agree with the science of the Kinsey scale would, perhaps, point out that no one working at a boy bar is anywhere but middle of the scale. They, simply, would have to be.

arsenal
July 28th, 2018, 19:46
I don't agree with your last sentence Paborn. They could be on the penultimate rating (number 1) and still go with men. A need for some quick money often proves to be a strong motivator. I identify myself as 100 per cent gay but if given the choice between Giant Haystacks and Lindsey MacDonald circa 1982 I'm going with the girl.

paborn
July 28th, 2018, 19:55
I don't agree with your last sentence Paborn. They could be on the penultimate rating (number 1) and still go with men. A need for some quick money often proves to be a strong motivator. I identify myself as 100 per cent gay but if given the choice between Giant Haystacks and Lindsey MacDonald circa 1982 I'm going with the girl.

Interesting. I , honestly, could never "go with the girl". You would, of course, have to trust me on that as there is no way to prove it. However, my main point was it comes down to " ok, just how Jewish are you? That bacon cheeseburger your eating leads me to suspect you're not Orthodox." Working in a boy bar would, at the very least, indicate that you're not one of those thugs who would bash a guy's head in if he were caught looking at their crotch.

I swear to you, I can't even consistently tell one famous actress from another - their features just seem to not fix in my mind.

arsenal
July 28th, 2018, 20:24
Have you looked at them Paborn? If so and you still choose the man then you're a far better gay than I am. Haha.

paborn
July 28th, 2018, 20:41
I would choose the man or I would choose to be alone. Never, I swear to you the girl. Never.

frequent
July 29th, 2018, 04:51
I've been with many Straight boys. But, rush to add that to those of us who agree with the science of the Kinsey scale would, perhaps, point out that no one working at a boy bar is anywhere but middle of the scale. They, simply, would have to be.They're certainly not zeroes. But then I've known many, many "gay" guys who have fathered children, and clearly they are not sixes either. I read recently that despite the claim that prisoners "turn" homosexual that's only true of a minority of prisoners. I suspect (no proof) that guys who perform male-to-male sex (in Thailand as elsewhere) are likely twos to sixes, definitely not zeroes and most unlikely ones. Which raises the question - what's "real" about MFAS's "real men"?

paborn
July 29th, 2018, 07:03
I have always veiwed the scale as fluid rather than a cog like affair. Yes, I've known men who had fathered children before they reconciled with their own internal tumult. I doubt that prison turns anyone "gay" I do, however, believe that the person who might turn gay for pay is ready to turn to such practices when incarcerated. Also, I think that the scale needs more work, it takes a lot of time and interviews to get people to admidt to the truth. I feel sure that there is no absolute straight working in any boy bar.

A "real man"? Simply a difference between straight mannerisms and dress as opposed to feminine ones - even if both are affected.

frequent
July 29th, 2018, 07:17
Also, I think that the scale needs more work, it takes a lot of time and interviews to get people to admidt to the truth. Perhaps you could forward your thoughts to Alfred Kinsey?

sglad
July 29th, 2018, 07:27
Which raises the question - what's "real" about MFAS's "real men"?

The thousand Baht tip.

arsenal
July 29th, 2018, 07:34
I'm not sure how relevant a 1948 American sexuality test is to 2018 South East Asia.

Rolling Stone
July 29th, 2018, 17:17
I would choose the man or I would choose to be alone. Never, I swear to you the girl. Never.

Haha. I have not subjected to myself to the test (to choose a man or a girl) for some while. But now thinking on my feet, I suppose I could have chosen a girl; perhaps with a right amount of alcohol. Not to say, at all, I am bi; I am not. LOL.

arsenal
July 29th, 2018, 17:31
Members need to look at the choices offered before deciding, methinks.

paborn
July 29th, 2018, 20:29
I'm not sure how relevant a 1948 American sexuality test is to 2018 South East Asia.

It was, after all, a test of human sexuality. Does more research need to be done to validate possible cultural factors? I think yes, but those mitigating cultural factors would, most likely, affect the different facades a person shows to his world not the fact of sexuality. There is solid science behind the Kinsey institute work; one doesn't need to study an Asian Kidney to be able to diagnose a kidney stone - not a flawless analogy but think about it.

arsenal
July 29th, 2018, 22:11
"Not a flawless analogy" is a serious understatement. One is solid medical condition and the other a self belief open to a multitude of iterpretations. I've sent you my (almost) infallible test to find out if a boy is gay or straight. It's very successful but keep it quiet.

paborn
July 29th, 2018, 22:28
I agree with your test as an opening gambit. We have heard so many posters complain about the boys who hang outside of Toy Boys - they, almost invariably, pass your test. Moreover, they perform the way they agree to. However, just assigning "gay" or "straight" is saying there are only two points on a scale from 0 to 6. ( there is a 7 for asexuality )

Moreover, I urge you to consider the concencus of scientific opinion ( quite beyond Kinsey ) that this "self-belief" is genetic and not a learned behaviour. I believe that your multiplicity of interpretations is merely a loose way to discribe the operators which actualize the Kinsey findings.

Are you aware of the shame that many biologists express privately that they are afraid to release their actual findings that homosexual behavior is rampant in the entire animal kingdom? If sexuality is genetic, as the current consencus shows, then my analogy holds as a medical condition is as "solid" as the, not yet discovered, code for homosexual bahavior.

arsenal
July 29th, 2018, 22:42
I'm not saying there are only two points on the scale. I am saying that for the purposes of asking a bar boy only two are relevant to me. By the time I ask I already know the answer 98 percent of the time anyway.

And I'm not sure what the complaint is about the boys outside Toy Boys. Enlighten me.

gerefan2
July 30th, 2018, 01:27
Are you aware of the shame that many biologists express privately that they are afraid to release their actual findings that homosexual behavior is rampant in the entire animal kingdom? .

My mate had a homosexual Labrador dog. It was 100% gay. Never went anywhere near a bitch.

I loved it.

Cue the Freak!

paborn
July 30th, 2018, 01:28
Perhaps you could forward your thoughts to Alfred Kinsey?

Since in death in 1956 we have seldom chatted. However, the work goes on and I expect refinements as with any viable thoery.

frequent
August 1st, 2018, 06:18
Since in death in 1956 we have seldom chatted. However, the work goes on and I expect refinements as with any viable thoery.I suspect that anyone with reservations about the scale can't distinguish between the scale and the data from which it is constructed and essentially doesn't really understand the difference between median and mode

paborn
August 2nd, 2018, 01:35
And I'm not sure what the complaint is about the boys outside Toy Boys. Enlighten me.[/QUOTE]

aresenal, I don't understand what you mean here. I'm not feeing up to a large search but I have no doubt that you've read and, likely, participated in threads where some of our punters have complained that the handsome, straight looking, guys outside Toy Boys are not available. Just eye candy to draw in clients. Nonsense, I have taken them off and they are terrific.