PDA

View Full Version : This is the best map I've found yet.

paborn
July 22nd, 2018, 01:38
I've been trying to find an updated map of Sunee. This is out of date but the best one I've yet found. Does anyone have a better or more updated one?

goji
July 22nd, 2018, 04:23
Winner Boys is missing. Assuming it's still open.

I've also never quite understood why it's so important to have an accurate Sunnee map, when you can walk past every single bar in 5 minutes.
There are 3 streets with bars. As long as no one imitates Happy Boys by opening a bar a long way from the others, all we need to do is wander up to Sunnee and check out all 3 streets.

paborn
July 22nd, 2018, 04:45
Well, some people, like me, like to have a clear understanding of where they are going. I , for one, have little sense of direction and feel far more comfortable with a clear outline. For one thing, I now have an understanding of where two guys is and was never clear before. I trust others will find it useful

frequent
July 22nd, 2018, 06:25
This study which shows that men generally have a better sense of direction raises some interesting questions - https://www.ajc.com/news/world/study-men-have-better-sense-direction-than-women/WhKlhBpuCQZs1zIogEFZvN/

gerefan2
July 22nd, 2018, 13:02
It’s almost impossible to get an up to date map of Sunnee bars due to all the closures.
You can delete the following from the map
1.Ducs
2.Thai Food
3.Come in
4. Blue chilli
5. La Marina
6. All of me 2
7. Ouds
8. Ting Ton Red
9.Colonial
10. Song Kwan?
11. New Queens
12. Two Guys
13. All of me 1
14 El dorado?

I don’t know when that map was produced but in the header it says 29 bars. Of those pictured only 9 now remain open.

Kinda puts things in perspective...

Blacktouch
July 22nd, 2018, 18:25
Winner Boys is missing. Assuming it's still open.

I've also never quite understood why it's so important to have an accurate Sunnee map, when you can walk past every single bar in 5 minutes.
There are 3 streets with bars. As long as no one imitates Happy Boys by opening a bar a long way from the others, all we need to do is wander up to Sunnee and check out all 3 streets.

Bars of all types close and open all the time, so having an accurate map is very hard. But at least the map gives an idea of the layout whether the bars are still there or closed.

Blacktouch
July 22nd, 2018, 18:31
Maybe it's better just to list the places that remain open at present?

gerefan2
July 22nd, 2018, 18:38
Be a very short list!

gerefan2
July 22nd, 2018, 18:44
Ok
1. Goodboys
2. Sky bar
3. Doubleshot
4. One bar
5. Diamond bar
6. Eden bar
7. Rainbow
8. 'Green chairs'
9. Euro bar
10. Forest House

a447
July 22nd, 2018, 19:46
Elephant Plaza bar?

Blacktouch
July 22nd, 2018, 19:52
Elephant Plaza bar?

I think it's closed?

Manforallseasons
July 22nd, 2018, 19:52
Elephant Plaza bar?

Has been closed pending the fate of the hotel.

Blacktouch
July 22nd, 2018, 19:55
Ok
1. Goodboys
2. Sky bar
3. Doubleshot
4. One bar
5. Diamond bar
6. Eden bar
7. Rainbow
8. 'Green chairs'
9. Euro bar
10. Forest House

Thank you kindly for listing what remains open.

But I wonder what bar will be next to close?
Such a shame.

Manforallseasons
July 22nd, 2018, 19:56
Some idiot posted on Gaybutton that Goodboys had not paid rent for last 3 months amd would close beginning July .....quess what?......Still open business as usual.......also posted One Bar to close......guess what...Lol

I believe the poster posts under the name, something like catadouchebag aka silly willie.

gerefan2
July 22nd, 2018, 20:10
Forgot the small one beside the Buddha!

kittyboy
July 22nd, 2018, 20:12
This study which shows that men generally have a better sense of direction raises some interesting questions - https://www.ajc.com/news/world/study-men-have-better-sense-direction-than-women/WhKlhBpuCQZs1zIogEFZvN/

A few years ago I read a study indicating that spatial reasoning skills were related to testosterone levels...IE men are better at spatial reasoning..or have a better sense of direction. Hmm..I wonder how that applies to gay men.

arsenal
July 22nd, 2018, 20:15
And yet many mammalian families are matriarchal. For instance elephants, wolves and orcas.

a447
July 22nd, 2018, 20:41
Has been closed pending the fate of the hotel.

Another one bites the dust.

It was definitely open as late as July 8, as I dropped in to ask if the hotel was still operating. I spoke to a guy behind the bar. There were 2 farang sitting at a table outside, but maybe they were drinking coffee and the bar was no longer selling alcohol.

I spoke to a guy at Goodboys and he told me that as far as he knew, the end was nigh, but didn't know when. He didn't know what he would do if, in fact, it closed.

Their best bet would be to move into a more conspicuous place in Sunee, as whenever I was there they seemed to be doing ok. If Double Shot closes that soi will be in almost total darkness and Goodboys would find it hard to lure customers.

If the remaining bars all grouped together in the same area of Sunee, there would be no need for a map.

Manforallseasons
July 22nd, 2018, 20:48
I spoke to a guy at Goodboys and he told me that as far as he knew, the end was nigh, but didn't know when. He didn't know what he would do if, in fact, it closed.

Their best bet would be to move into a more conspicuous place in Sunee, as whenever I was there they seemed to be doing ok. If Double Shot closes that soi will be in almost total darkness and Goodboys would find it hard to lure customers.

Do you really believe the business model for Good Boys would flourish in a more conspicuous place?

gerefan2
July 22nd, 2018, 21:03
Good boys business model in say the bright lights of Walking Street?!

a447
July 22nd, 2018, 21:44
Do you really believe the business model for Good Boys would flourish in a more conspicuous place?

Well, it hasn't hurt Eros or Nice Boys.

paborn
July 22nd, 2018, 22:41
I agree. I've noted that I don't know the area, but one thing the map tells me is that Good Boys can't possibly have the foot traffic draw that others have. It's really basic business. Reading these notes let me add that the reason I saught a map is to get to know the location. I can now see how to get a massage by Tucom and then walk over. Whitle I hate that bars are closing, the map shows the physical locations and gives me a greater sense of the area. I'm getting far too old to wander about loooking for obscure locations. Vacation time is limited, travel funds are not bottomless. When I see a posting that maks a place as "hard to find" there must be a compelling reason to keep it on my list. I have heard such nice things about Good Boys that I'm delighted that I knpow where it is - many others will not discover it because they, simply, do not pass it. The very definition of foot traffic.

DrewSpz
July 23rd, 2018, 00:01
So what’s so good about good boys... from my searching of the threads, basically they’ll let you ‘chuck wow’ them for a few hundred baht? Anything else of interest that one can do there?

Manforallseasons
July 23rd, 2018, 00:18
The last time I was in Good Boys it was a gogo I gather it has morphed into something else....perhaps a447 can give more info.

paborn
July 23rd, 2018, 01:15
So what’s so good about good boys... from my searching of the threads, basically they’ll let you ‘chuck wow’ them for a few hundred baht? Anything else of interest that one can do there?

Actually., that aspect has no interest for me. But, from some postings,I gathered that the atmosphere was friendly, an easy place to hang out and enjoy oneself - without public displays of amore.

gerefan2
July 23rd, 2018, 01:26
The last time I was in Good Boys it was a gogo I gather it has morphed into something else....perhaps a447 can give more info.

Head in
Hand job
Hand over Baht
Head out

Captain Swing
July 23rd, 2018, 03:27
Reading these notes let me add that the reason I saught a map is to get to know the location. I can now see how to get a massage by Tucom and then walk over. Whitle I hate that bars are closing, the map shows the physical locations and gives me a greater sense of the area. I'm getting far too old to wander about loooking for obscure locations. Vacation time is limited, travel funds are not bottomless. When I see a posting that maks a place as "hard to find" there must be a compelling reason to keep it on my list. it. .
I think this map is certainly helpful in showing the layout of Sunee. But please keep in mind that it doesn't pretend to be to scale. The distance to Tukcom, for instance, is considerably longer than it seems on this map--still walkable, certainly, but, if walking is really a problem for you, you might find it a chore. The same goes for the other streets outside of Sunee itself. You don't need to be especially fit or athletic--any average "old man" can do it--but just don't expect this area (outside of Sunee) to be as compact as it looks on this map.

poshglasgow
July 23rd, 2018, 06:19
Elephant Plaza bar?

That's the elephant in the loom!

poshglasgow
July 23rd, 2018, 06:20
Head in
Hand job
Hand over Baht
Head out

Sounds to me like forex trading!

StevieWonders
July 23rd, 2018, 09:28
And yet many mammalian families are matriarchal. For instance elephants, wolves and orcas.Matrilineal descent is the only way you could be sure of your parentage, isn't it? Until DNA testing came along.

Blacktouch
July 23rd, 2018, 20:36
Head in
Hand job
Hand over Baht
Head out

I like that concept - the four H's.

Blacktouch
July 23rd, 2018, 20:41
If the remaining bars all grouped together in the same area of Sunee, there would be no need for a map.[/QUOTE]

The cost involved to get all remaining bars to all group together would be high?

a447
July 23rd, 2018, 21:00
The cost involved to get all remaining bars to all group together would be high?

Probably.

As it is, two gogo bars are near the start of the soi and the other two are towards the other end. There are some beer bars in between.

Goodboys should move out into that soi and into the remaining light, thus concentrating everything in the one street.

scottish-guy
July 23rd, 2018, 21:07
If a business is struggling and has been struggling for some time, chances are the owners are unlikely to have funds for re-location

gerefan2
July 23rd, 2018, 21:17
Goodboys should move out into that soi and into the remaining light, thus concentrating everything in the one street.

Yes turn on all the lights at goodboys. Spotlights, big lamps the lot. That will kill it!

Manforallseasons
July 23rd, 2018, 21:52
Yes gerefan2 that is the point!

paborn
July 23rd, 2018, 21:52
If a business is struggling and has been struggling for some time, chances are the owners are unlikely to have funds for re-location

True. But, if Sunee is in the shape it is reported to be, then there might be a buyers market for rent and the move not as costly as supposed. How portable are the furnishing, etc. Can an existing, empty, space be adapted ata lower rent. There has to be some uptick from increased foot traffic.

Manforallseasons
July 23rd, 2018, 22:10
paborn it is over, many have lost small fortunes trying to make bars work since the good old days......example the idiot that tried to put life back into Krazy Dragon......The guy who openned All Of Me taking advice from all idiots as to what he should do...come and see for yourself.....BTW the rents are fairly meaningless.....Every bar is for sale.....do yourself a favor, if you think you see a bar you want run don't walk away!!!

scottish-guy
July 23rd, 2018, 22:47
I think MFAS is right - I doubt it's possible even to support yourself with a bar in Sunee now, far less turn a profit

sglad
July 23rd, 2018, 23:47
I think MFAS is right - I doubt it's possible even to support yourself with a bar in Sunee now, far less turn a profit

Reading the posts in this forum, I would think many of the posters are propping up the bars night after night - and falling off their bar stools.

paborn
July 24th, 2018, 00:03
paborn it is over, many have lost small fortunes trying to make bars work since the good old days......example the idiot that tried to put life back into Krazy Dragon......The guy who openned All Of Me taking advice from all idiots as to what he should do...come and see for yourself.....BTW the rents are fairly meaningless.....Every bar is for sale.....do yourself a favor, if you think you see a bar you want run don't walk away!!!

I'm sure you're right. I've never been. let's see what's there when I arrive in early January. I guess "increased foot traffic" just might not work if the real problem is lack of any traffic at all.

gerefan2
July 24th, 2018, 00:27
Reading the posts in this forum, I would think many of the posters are propping up the bars night after night - and falling off their bar stools.

Some of us are while we are here. Most contributing to this thread aren't here, like you I suspect.

lukylok
July 24th, 2018, 00:33
I'm sure you're right. I've never been. let's see what's there when I arrive in early January. I guess "increased foot traffic" just might not work if the real problem is lack of any traffic at all.

When you arrive in January, it might be very different from what you read now …..

sglad
July 24th, 2018, 00:42

paborn, there is such a thing as too much preparation. Why not take it easy and just go with the flow? It's all a matter of individual perception and if things really are that bad during your visit, just post an SOS here and I'm sure somebody will respond with a suggestion or alternative.

sglad
July 24th, 2018, 00:49
Some of us are while we are here. Most contributing to this thread aren't here, like you I suspect.

I'm not much of a drinker on holiday or at home. I suffer from terrible hangovers and am usually the designated driver!

paborn
July 24th, 2018, 01:00
paborn, there is such a thing as too much preparation. Why not take it easy and just go with the flow? It's all a matter of individual perception and if things really are that bad during your visit, just post an SOS here and I'm sure somebody will respond with a suggestion or alternative.

LOL. analysis paralysis? Perhaps. Or, perhaps, just a retiree with far too much time on my hands.

gerefan2
July 24th, 2018, 01:10
I'm not much of a drinker on holiday or at home. I suffer from terrible hangovers and am usually the designated driver!

Yes most young 24 yo guys like yourself can't take the drink.

The good news is you will find it far easier as you get older !

scottish-guy
July 24th, 2018, 03:34
On the contrary, I find the older I get the less I can drink.

Takes me 2 days to get over a heavy drinking session now - on the rare occasions those ever happen

Is it just me?

:drink:

Manforallseasons
July 24th, 2018, 03:56
When you arrive in January, it might be very different from what you read now …..

Yes of course you are correct by then a couple more bars will have closed.

gerefan2
July 24th, 2018, 04:47
The governor will be keeping Doubshot open for at least the next high season.

gerefan2
July 24th, 2018, 04:53
delete..,what’s gone wrong here?

gerefan2
July 24th, 2018, 04:54
Error

Blacktouch
July 24th, 2018, 05:10
The governor will be keeping Doubshot open for at least the next high season.

And what about the hotel and hotel bar?

a447
July 24th, 2018, 07:07
Yes turn on all the lights at goodboys. Spotlights, big lamps the lot. That will kill it!

It hasn't "killed" Eros.

I don't know if you've ever been in Goodboys, but if you have you'll know that what goes on behind the screens is comparatively mild compared to the shenanigans in Eros.

And in Eros, there are no screens. The action occurs in "spotlights, big lamps the lot" in front of everyone in the bar and of anyone who happens to walk in. This has never been a problem.

So how could the move be detrimental to Goodboys?

frequent
July 24th, 2018, 07:27
It hasn't "killed" Eros.

I don't know if you've ever been in Goodboys, but if you have you'll know that what goes on behind the screens is comparatively mild compared to the shenanigans in Eros.

And in Eros, there are no screens. The action occurs in "spotlights, big lamps the lot" in front of everyone in the bar and of anyone who happens to walk in. This has never been a problem.

So how could the move be detrimental to Goodboys?Frankly a447 given your documented activities at Golden Cock in Bangkok, and now your apparent knowledge of Pattaya "shenanigans" I'm surprised you haven't given us a lengthy comparison between the two

arsenal
July 24th, 2018, 08:11
Clearly a request from Frequent for a full account of your sex life a447. And you thought he didnt like you.

gerefan2
July 24th, 2018, 12:04
It hasn't "killed" Eros.

So how could the move be detrimental to Goodboys?

Simple....Eros is behind closed doors. Goodboys is an open front bar. Have you visited them?

gerefan2
July 24th, 2018, 12:10
Freeky , stop wasting your inconsequential likes, it’s only further raising my percentage way above yours.

a447
July 24th, 2018, 15:10
Simple....Eros is behind closed doors. Goodboys is an open front bar. Have you visited them?

The action in Goodboys takes place behind screens at the back of the bar, not at the front, and nothing can be seen from the street. So in that sense, it's not "open."

In GB a chuck-wow is about all that happens and afaik the boys do not service the customer. Or each other, for that matter. Pretty tame in comparison with Eros.

So bringing the bar out into the light would have no ill effect at all. It's not the kind of bar where everything needs to be kept secret or hidden.

I think you may be exaggerating what actually goes on in GB.

So, put all the gogo bars and beer bars in the one soi, just like they do in and around Boyztown, and everything will be easy to find.

scottish-guy
July 24th, 2018, 15:11
You cannot take a "Like" ratio seriously when it pertains to a limited number of posts - I recall noticing at least one member who has more likes than he has made posts!

I'd suggest that around 2000 posts are needed before the longevity of a poster's popularity can be validly assessed

If you really want to see what a rapidly diminishing "Like" ratio looks like, I could point you towards someone whose ratio used to be considerably higher but the diminishing quality of his posts (and his toxic personality) has left him far behind his superiors.

I almost feel sorry for him as it seems he couldn't even buy a "Like" these days and has been reduced to carping from the sidelines along the lines of 'They don't matter and I don't want any anyway, Ya Boo Sucks To You'

arsenal
July 24th, 2018, 15:32
A begging letter for 'likes' from Scottish Guy. No wonder he takes everything so serious. A child on a man's board.

scottish-guy
July 24th, 2018, 15:44
No idea what he's said, but right on cue.

:devilsh:

frequent
July 24th, 2018, 15:56
You cannot take a "Like" ratio seriously when it pertains to a limited number of posts - I recall noticing at least one member who has more likes than he has made posts!For the anally retentive that sort of thing matters

scottish-guy
July 24th, 2018, 16:33
I am indeed anally retentive - I literally don't give a shit

:p

arsenal
July 24th, 2018, 17:01
Scat boy rides again. And I've conclusively proved......he does read it. Hahaha.