PDA

View Full Version : Technical works

Moses
July 17th, 2018, 01:14
I do some technical works at forum linked to permissions and user groups.

As it was announced few months ago we will move regular users to other groups from "Registered users" group. "Registered users" group will be for just registered users with up to 5 posts. Users of this group will post messages to forum via moderation. It is spam/scam prevention measures.

In case you have more than 5 posts and your message has no sign @ in post and still is going to moderation, please PM me or write here and I will check what's going wrong.

goji
July 17th, 2018, 02:46
I've just had to answer a question and wait for moderator approval.

I've had somewhat more than 5 posts here. What is going on ?

Jellybean
July 17th, 2018, 03:01
I have approved your posts, goji. It's all part of the side-effects as Moses works on the technical issues he mentioned in his OP.

Even I am having to answer the random question before my posts are accepted. Please bear with us during this short period.

scottish-guy
July 17th, 2018, 04:41
....Even I am having to answer the random question before my posts are accepted...

Was this the question:

Do you solemnly swear to obey the secret SGT Moderators oath and never, never, never question, demur, or disagree with the font of all human wisdom and knowledge the Great, Grand and Imperious Moses, on pain of death?

Smiles
July 17th, 2018, 14:10
My 'signature' (below) seems have morphed into digital-speak (of which I now nothing).
It was fine up until today.
Is this part of the ongoing "technical works"?

Moses
July 17th, 2018, 14:31
My 'signature' (below) seems have morphed into digital-speak (of which I now nothing).
Is this part of the ongoing "technical works"?

yes, it is, it will be fixed soon

frequent
July 17th, 2018, 14:45
Is this part of the ongoing "technical works"?I see you're no longer a "Blabbemouth" (sic) and I'm not a Whoremonger. It's the end of civilisation as we know it

Moses
July 17th, 2018, 15:19
I see you're no longer a "Blabbemouth" (sic) and I'm not a Whoremonger. It's the end of civilisation as we know it

you can change it back to your custom title

Smiles
July 17th, 2018, 23:57
OK ... for me, signature back to normal. Cool now.
Thanks.

scottish-guy
July 18th, 2018, 00:22
removed, 4.8

Moses

scottish-guy
July 18th, 2018, 14:04
Oh dear - I'm not at all comfortable with that - and if I could even remember what my post said I'm sure I'd be peeved.

Meanwhile my custom signature tells you all you need to know

frequent
July 18th, 2018, 14:22
Oh dear - I'm not at all comfortable with that - and if I could even remember what my post said I'm sure I'd be peeved.Is this a post about hemorrhoids?

scottish-guy
July 18th, 2018, 14:45
You'd need to ask the person who originally made the comment - but then again it was supposed to be a secret

:p

frequent
July 18th, 2018, 14:51
You'd need to ask the person who originally made the comment - but then again it was supposed to be a secret I didn't realise there were any secrets on this Forum. If a member doesn't know something about another poster, or doesn't understand some apposite comment the other poster has made, they simply make it up

scottish-guy
July 18th, 2018, 15:19
Yes, there's a secret room that the "powers that be" use to talk and bitch about us all - especially those (like you and I) who have been deemed members of "the awkward squad" and to speculate about non-existent "campaigns".

Some of the members of the secret room will even discuss PM's and Emails they have received from paranoid and whingeing members who (whilst publicly insisting they are "not bothered" by any criticism) bizarrely find it necessary to communicate their dissatisfaction personally to the aforementioned Illuminati .

It's fascinating reading - I'm still trawling though it all.

More later - this could run and run

frequent
July 18th, 2018, 15:27
Yes, there's a secret room that the "powers that be" use to talk and bitch about us all - especially those (like you and I) who have been deemed members of "the awkward squad" and to speculate about non-existent "campaigns".Me, awkward? I'm not the member whose posts in the last few days have established an all-time record for threads being chopped up and moved to the Holding Room. I was contemplating adding loki to my Ignore list given the huge spat he and the former moderator/new record holder were continuing across multiple threads, if only because I've got said non-person on my Ignore list and loki kept quoting him and then replying in kind. I guess there'll be some who argue for Life's Rich Tapestry but I'd rather the tapestry have some style and colour, not the drab monotone that we've seen heretofore

scottish-guy
July 18th, 2018, 15:34
I'm reluctant to add fuel to their fire by responding, but I can reveal that you, Loki, and myself are apparently all in cahoots.

I assume tinfoil hats were being worn by all concerned when this particular conspiracy theory was mooted.

frequent
July 18th, 2018, 15:48

arsenal
July 18th, 2018, 18:12
An old grainy print taken many years ago shows our two fine protagonists in their prime.