PDA

View Full Version : Gay Areas of Manila

DrewSpz
July 15th, 2018, 13:18
Hi all, I’ll be taking a short trip away from Pattaya to visit the Philippines and am needing some insights on gay areas of Manila. Other than the apps... any suggestions?

neddy3
July 15th, 2018, 15:02
A friend of mine has been a few times over the last couple of years .

He described it as a dangerous place.

Stay alert.

Blacktouch
July 15th, 2018, 15:34
Hi all, I’ll be taking a short trip away from Pattaya to visit the Philippines and am needing some insights on gay areas of Manila. Other than the apps... any suggestions?

Manila gay scene is small. Rent bars seem to be closing.

I would only stay 3 nights max in Manila.

I did like Manila though, found it interesting. But be careful of your safety.

Best thing to do is stay a few nights, then move on to one of the islands (Cebu, Palawan or Boracay) life is rampant.

bobsaigon2
July 15th, 2018, 15:50
Note that Boracay Island now off limits to tourists while the hotels owners try to devise some way to discharge effluent more than 10 metres from the shoreline.

As Neddy3 says, "Stay alert". It's the only country I've visited that has security guards everywhere and they are all carrying at least side arms, if not shotguns or automatic rifles. Shopping malls also have visitors pass through metal detectors and/or they are required to open hand bags/back packs for inspection.

Several years ago I did meet a couple of guys in Manila through GayRomeo and that worked well. Probably now everyone has switched to the popular apps.

frequent
July 15th, 2018, 15:54
Note that Boracay Island now off limits to tourists while the hotels owners try to devise some way to discharge effluent more than 10 metres from the shoreline.Holy shit

pong
July 27th, 2018, 19:02
IF you have not been yet-the former gay area, smack wack in the centre has about all folded up. It has mostly moved to Cubao in Quezon, which sits around the crossing of 2 skytrain-lines, but there is not really a ''gay area'' center, its all spread out. The usual karaOK, massageshops, some bars. if gay tourism is the main object and you are OK with less as 5* HTLs, settle to stay there.
Warnings about criminals are right for MNL and a little less for all of PH.
Most of the last years reviews/advice tells to use the apps and well-known sites. use travelgayasia for best latest listings. There was/is maybe also a local pinoy such listings site.

Nirish guy
July 29th, 2018, 10:43
Very briefly - of you are thinking of heading on out to the other places mentioned ( Cebu, Boracay etc) be careful there too as there are many Government "do not travel" advisories in place for these areas and there is a genuine danger of kidnap for ransom or murder by extremist groups there.

The Philippines is quite a dangerous place for white guys now if you don't know what's what and where you should and shouldn't be perhaps.

DrewSpz
August 23rd, 2018, 11:12
Guys- just an update that Manila is AMAZING for westerners looking for action. Wow!!! It’s all through the apps as there are no major gay areas or gogo bars. But there are hundreds of cute Filipino boys wanting sex. It’s not commercial at all... they’re just a vey horny race and they all want to hookup with a westerner. Not sure if it’s the same if ur as old as some of our thailand gang here in the forum... but I can honestly say I was turned down by 3 of the cutest Filipinos ever that wanted an “older man”

Love the look of this people... it’s a mix of Chinese, Spanish, and American influence. I find them very attractive.

Yes there are a lot of security folks around, but I found the place to be extremely safe, good ‘law and order’ feeling, etc.

I will be going back!!!

Nirish guy
August 23rd, 2018, 14:34
[QUOTE=DrewSpz;248206] but I can honestly say I was turned down by 3 of the cutest Filipinos ever that wanted an “older man”/QUOTE]

Is tha not the exact opposite of the desired result ??

DrewSpz
August 23rd, 2018, 17:29
Haha nah it’s okay. I got my share of Filipinos and then some... just saying that even though there’s no commercial scene, plenty of opportunity for the older travelers.

latintopxxx
August 25th, 2018, 04:24
I find them too clingy...fuck them once and they act like you have proposed marriage.

frequent
August 25th, 2018, 13:22
I find them too clingy...fuck them once and they act like you have proposed marriage.It's the grating way they speak English that I don't like. Many Latinos in the US are the same - I put it down to the Spanish language background, but I've never ever heard a Spaniard speak like that - not even Manuel

Nirish guy
August 25th, 2018, 15:44
It's the grating way they speak English that I don't like.

lol "they" ....omg you'll be joining Latin in his overview of "all" black people soon :-) You do know that there are many differing accents in the Philippines....and actually many Filipinos can't stand the way some of their fellow Countrymen speak to as it's "fake" and put on to make them sound hi so and posh so they get jobs in cll centres etc as they think that's what WE want to hear, but many also DONT speak in that high pitched whinging accent at all of course....but yeah if you think THATs bad then try and image an accent something like that MIXED with a broad Belfast accent - now that really IS a head melter and one to have you preferring to scrape chalk down blackboards instead of ! :-)

paborn
August 25th, 2018, 19:37
From Nirish guy's quote I gather that Freaky has been unkind to Filipinos. Not a surprise, but it might be because ( gasp.) they spent their last colonial period as an American possession. Surely a horrid thing.

goji
August 26th, 2018, 20:00
The apps are your best bet.

Filipino lads seem to be very enthusiastic in bed and satisfied with very modest tips, although some aren't even expecting anything.

Regarding safety, I thought it seemed safe enough to wander around in daytime.

I also tried the metro system, which is perfectly OK, but would avoid it during the busy periods when it's absolutely ram packed. Once the locals force their way off the trains, they are all patting their pockets to make sure nothing has gone. Avoid that by trying it during quiet periods.

jasonmyler
January 26th, 2021, 14:35
Stay alert in Manila. But chatting boys or ladyboys online and then going somewhere safe like a shopping mall to meet is perfectly fine. The safety warnings are overblown for the Philippines, Just don't wonder around areas looking to meet that way. I chatted up several ladyboys on free foreign dating site and enjoyed meeting all very pretty. [commercial, censored]

From moderator: one more advertising like this and you will be banned. By the way: all URLs here are "nofollow" -useless

latintopxxx
January 27th, 2021, 14:20
nirish...u clearly have nevern had the displeasure of engaging with a Philippino...or as they crassly spell it....filipino....worst sex ever....a decade or so ago I suffered severe burns and spent 2 weeks in s burns unit...that experience was a lot less painful...

a447
January 27th, 2021, 14:46
nirish...u clearly have nevern had the displeasure of engaging with a Philippino..

Mmm...I think you might be mistaken there.

a decade or so ago I suffered severe burns and spent 2 weeks in s burns unit..

Next time try using more lube - it reduces the friction!

goji
January 27th, 2021, 20:42
I've not yet met a dud Filipino. That includes examples in Japan, Germany and several in the Philippines.
There's one in Pattaya, but for some reason he thinks the short time rate for his ass should be twice that of the locals. Naturally I don't see it that way, so we have not met.

Nirish guy
January 28th, 2021, 05:10
nirish...u clearly have nevern had the displeasure of engaging with a Philippino...or as they crassly spell it....filipino....worst sex ever...

I can assure you that whether it's been in Thailand or several other Countries I've visited ( including the Philippines of course) I have indeed "engaged" with Flipinos many times and I think can safely say I've always had a good time.

I do actually get what you mean about them "appearing" slightly more clingy than perhaps Thai's etc, but I think thats more of a result of "cultural differences" in that some dont wish to (appear at least) to have that same "fuck and go" attitude as some of us (or Thai boys) might and so they may feel more comfortable with something appearing to be heading somewhere that might appear closer to the start of a relationship. This being so that they mentally at least can excuse their inevitable slutly behaviour with us later on ( thank god) - at least in their own minds if nothing else - but a quick "reality check" from us usually sorts that pretty fast for them and then they're fine Ive found.

I would also add that as well as 'on my travels) I do also live with "a Filipino" here at home in the UK and have done for 7 + years now or so, ha, although I guess that very fact could actually allow you to say " there you SEE, that perfectly confirms my point ! :-)

Actually if I'm being honest there may be some truth to what you say too though as over the years and as in all relationships there has been the odd time where during some minor row I might easily have reverted to my usual "Pattaya / NEXT" mentality and said "fuck it, get out, I'm moving on", BUT it WAS that very quiet tolerance and "staying power" of his and him not just walking away that meant that I now look back I can say that " I'm actually glad he didn't and he's still here and that he has that trait". I can also see that same "long time" trait running through his while family in their own relationships too. So I guess there may well be something in what as you say, but it's not always necessarily a bad or a such a negative thing (well depending on the circumstances of course and what you want in your life) - mind you that also depends on what day you ask me about too though of course :)

Oh and re that "crass" spelling of Filipino .......and just so you know ....;-) that is the correct spelling and has been for several hundred years in fact. Originally the Spanish called the islands San Lázaro, however in 1543 the Spanish renamed them Las Islas Filipinas, after King Philip II ( Philip being Felipe in Spanish of course) hence the name Flipino derived from 'The Islands of Phillip (Filipinas) - the Philippine Islands as "we" know them is of course merely the Anglicisation of that - so if anything its US who may be crass in choosing to get it wrong perhaps but certainly not them ! :-p

dinagam
January 28th, 2021, 08:05
One peculiar trait of the staunchly Catholic Filipinos is the male circumcision. You can hardly find a male with foreskin intact.

Nirish guy
January 28th, 2021, 16:38
One peculiar trait of the staunchly Catholic Filipinos is the male circumcision. You can hardly find a male with foreskin intact.

You're right about that - and worse still hardly able to find one that hasn't been butchered ! It's so prevalent that it's hardly even considered a medical thing and in fact can be carried out by the school 'nurse" ( who is usually nothing more than a carer / first aider type level person anyway). Having looked at some of their handiwork I think on a good day you could do a better job with a serrated knife !!

My bf's mum was actually the "school nurse' in his Primary School and so "took care" of both himself and all his class mates ! Lets just say any time I go into their house and she perhaps offers me a slice of cake with my tea I quietly cringe and panic until she puts the knife down ! :)

He and I have actually discussed it a few times where I was saying "why the hell would you let someone do that to you" to which he told me a) it was my mum, what are ya gonna do!" and b) apparently the peer pressure from the other boys in the class was huge.

Him being a wee quiet gay boy ( and the nurses son) he was able to whinge and cry at home and so was able to get D day put off several times it seems but he finally had to relent as the bullying got too much as once the other guys in class knew he hadn't been "done" they went round calling him ( and anyone else who had put it off) "dirty" and telling the rest of the school he still wasn't cut. It's sad as personally I consider it almost a type of child abuse as there's absolutely no medical reason for it to take please ( no matter what any one says about hygiene etc) as that if course is simply a matter of PERSONAL hygenine like everything else in llfe.

Anyone comes near me with a rusty bread knife and an evil glint in their eye they're getting that knife straight through their left eye I can tell ya that !! ;-)

christianpfc
January 28th, 2021, 20:01
My few encounters with Filipinos in Thailand were below average. Full reports here:
https://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2019/05/dating-seasian-boys-2-filipinos.html
https://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2019/05/dating-seasian-boys-1-overview.html

But nonetheless, I continue chatting with Filipinos (if they are cute; some contact me from the Philippines on online dating while I'm elsewhere in SEAsia), and one day will go to the Philippines for holiday.

goji
January 28th, 2021, 22:01
Circumcision and other such horrors are forced upon people based on some beliefs, often related to religions. Also, religions are often forced upon people at home and in schools. All very damaging.

No one says very much, yet when countries start taking action against religions, there are all sorts of complaints.

StevieWonders
January 29th, 2021, 07:27
Circumcision and other such horrors are forced upon people based on some beliefs, often related to religions. Also, religions are often forced upon people at home and in schools. All very damaging.

No one says very much, yet when countries start taking action against religions, there are all sorts of complaints.
A typically ignorant comment about the development and role of religion in a society. Religion’s role is to buttress social norms. Prohibitions about eating pork or mandating male circumcision will have had their origin in the public health practices of the society where they began. Religion was called up to reinforce those practices.

It’s been recently discovered that being circumcised lowers the risk of HIV infection. Pork must be cooked very carefully as uncooked pig contains many harmful pathogens. The greatest risk for the next pandemic has long been recognised as the intensive farming of pigs alongside ducks in China.

goji
January 29th, 2021, 10:23
It’s been recently discovered that being circumcised lowers the risk of HIV infection.
Please share the data.

The one study I saw on the matter was clearly bullshit, so I'm not buying it until I do see a credible study.

StevieWonders
January 29th, 2021, 10:28
Please share the data.

The one study I saw on the matter was clearly bullshit, so I'm not buying it until I do see a credible study.

https://www.unaids.org/en/resources/presscentre/featurestories/2007/february/20070228mcpt2

gerefan2
January 29th, 2021, 22:33
A typically ignorant comment about the development and role of religion in a society. Religion’s role is to buttress social norms. Prohibitions about eating pork or mandating male circumcision will have had their origin in the public health practices of the society where they began. Religion was called up to reinforce those practices.

They did well on this issue of Condoms too I recall. Or is that another ignorant comment?

StevieWonders
January 29th, 2021, 23:19
They did well on this issue of Condoms too I recall. Or is that another ignorant comment?Yes. Until comparatively recently official government and social policy all over the world was “populate or perish”. Prohibition of birth control is the Roman Catholic response.

Brad the Impala
January 30th, 2021, 04:31
Please share the data.

Clearly you haven't been reading much lately. From The Lancet in 2019.

We identified 62 observational studies including 119 248 MSM. Circumcision was associated with 23% reduced odds of HIV infection among MSM overall

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/langlo/article/PIIS2214-109X(18)30567-9/fulltext

Nirish guy
January 30th, 2021, 04:57
God love all the poor power bottoms out there who are going out and getting circumsized after reading that they might reduce their chance of risk of an HIV infection :)

Mind you it also reminds me of a new go go bar guy I was "with" one night in Pattaya, where on my explaining that I would be fucking him asked worriedly had I a condom, I assured him I did and pointed to the bed side table, next thing I knew he went and put on one !!

I said "no NO, I'll be fucking YOU" to which he replied "on NO, mamasan said if I having sex I MUST ALWAYS use a condom !"

Even after a brief sex ed lesson to try and educate the poor guy there was seemingly NOTHING I could say that would change his mind and so in the end I had to just give up ! ( Thats give up trying to change his mind wearing the condom I mean, not giving up fucking him as that WOULD have been even MORE ridiculous of course ! :-)

I'm guessing even before our sex encounter he must have had some Irish in him as he obviously wanted safe sex - to be sure to be sure ! :)

latintopxxx
February 4th, 2021, 01:35
the buitchering of the penis has nothing to do with chrisdtianity...its american influemce...as for threm not understanding hiv transmission and the use of condoms...stop throwing stones...look at the confusion surrounding mask wearing in so called developed highly educated first world super duper nations...