PDA

View Full Version : Boyztown almost back to normal

gerefan2
July 15th, 2018, 01:23
For those who thought the end of the world was nigh following the line painting in the Boyztown road, the suspected increase in traffic and the ban on tables in the street...well see below. TiT.

Now all we need is more bums on those seats, but it is after all low season.

BBB was jam packed last night (admittedly mainly with Chinese) although there was a sprinkling of Farangs. They have a newish show including some very impressive gymnasts. Not the B Boys. I hate the shows but actually applauded their act!

Prices for boy drinks have been reduced, yes you read that correctly, from the ridiculous 450 Baht to something more sensible. I forget the amount...sorry! However if you know the boy you only pay the standard price of 280!

The new Esaan music place at Third Road was also jam packed...see pic!

The end of Pattaya and Boyztown is a loooong way off.

scottish-guy
July 15th, 2018, 01:57
So it appears from your pics that Oscar's is re-opened (though the sign is unlit)

Did I miss that - or have interlopers just stuck tables and chairs in front of it?

colmx
July 15th, 2018, 02:28
thanks for the pics Gerefan and good to see that Sinlapin Issan is still pulling in the crowds!
What is the new business next to Cupidol in your first pic (used to be New Orleans restaurant at one stage)

gerefan2
July 15th, 2018, 04:21
thanks for the pics Gerefan and good to see that Sinlapin Issan is still pulling in the crowds!
What is the new business next to Cupidol in your first pic (used to be New Orleans restaurant at one stage)

It’s a new swept up, smart, gym. Probably of little interest to most of us!

gerefan2
July 15th, 2018, 04:29
So it appears from your pics that Oscar's is re-opened (though the sign is unlit)

Did I miss that - or have interlopers just stuck tables and chairs in front of it?

Some (not I) may say that you have forgotten where Oscars is!

It’s still shuttered up! You can see the banner on the shutters in the pic.

I think you are looking at the left side of Serene Bar, or maybe Copa or whatever it’s called today, on the other side?

arsenal
July 15th, 2018, 04:50
Glad to see common sense has prevailed. Even non Pattaya visitors seem excited enough to ask questions.

a447
July 15th, 2018, 11:12
It’s a new swept up, smart, gym. Probably of little interest to most of us!

It's a huge tattoo parlour, possibly incorporating a gym.

neddy3
July 15th, 2018, 14:43
It's an upmarket tattoo place,if you can have such a thing.
Called Celebrity Ink.

No sign of a gym that I have noticed.

scottish-guy
July 15th, 2018, 14:50
Some (not I) may say that you have forgotten where Oscars is!

It’s still shuttered up! You can see the banner on the shutters in the pic.

I think you are looking at the left side of Serene Bar, or maybe Copa or whatever it’s called today, on the other side?

Yes, I was looking from the wrong angle. The pic is taken from Panorama on the right, I thought it was BBB on the right

:drink:

neddy3
July 15th, 2018, 14:50
From the angle at which the photo was taken, yes it is not visible.

But closed it is, and the forecourt seems to be a storage area for Copa.

Oliver2
July 15th, 2018, 15:04
A succession of failed businesses on that site in recent years...are tattoo parlours really that popular? It seems a rather large space for such an enterprise.

frequent
July 15th, 2018, 15:32
It's an upmarket tattoo place,if you can have such a thing.a447 would probably call it "hi-so"

gerefan2
July 16th, 2018, 00:48
My bad. It is indeed a large tatoo place. I walked past quickly in the dark so didn't really see inside! Still, won't appeal to many on here! Even if there are any still claiming to be under 70...

gerefan2
July 16th, 2018, 04:09
From the angle at which the photo was taken, yes it is not visible.

Oscars is clearly visible ever so slightly left of centre in the photo. I wonder why I bother sometimes.

neddy3
July 16th, 2018, 08:49
I was replying to the comments that it was not possible to see that Oscars was closed in this picture.