PDA

View Full Version : Another little book

joe552
July 10th, 2018, 11:01
I've just published a small collection of short stories on Amazon for Kindle. It's called Long Shorts. I hope 1 or 2 of you might buy it - it's pretty cheap, a bit like me, really.

While I'm here, I've entered a short story competition run by RTE Radio (our national broadcaster). If I were to win, I'd get €3,000. I can't imagine where I might go for a fortnight's holiday.

a447
July 10th, 2018, 16:40
So, you've had this talent all these years and none of us knew about it!

Best of luck with the competition.

scottish-guy
July 16th, 2018, 04:27
Joe, is there a tale of the time you had an encounter with the famous Irish homosexual Pat McGroin?

:p

poshglasgow
July 16th, 2018, 06:14
Joe, is there a tale of the time you had an encounter with the famous Irish homosexual Pat McGroin?

:p

What a wonderful name! Out of curiosity I googled the name 'Pat McGroin', to see if anyone on the planet had such a name. There are bucketloads!! Facebook has an extensive list of Pat McGroins!

Now, wouldn't you think that those old enough to understand the long term implications of bearing such a name would seek to change their given name to something less flamboyant? Spare a thought, in the meantime, for Mr. & Mrs. Ritchie and their daughter 'Metitssa'!

frequent
July 16th, 2018, 06:16
What a wonderful name! Out of curiosity I googled the name 'Pat McGroin', to see if anyone on the planet had such a name. There are bucketloads!! Facebook has an extensive list of Pat McGroins!

Now, wouldn't you think that those old enough to understand the long term implications of bearing such a name would seek to change their given name to something less flamboyant? Spare a thought, in the meantime, for Mr. & Mrs. Ritchie and their daughter 'Metitssa'!

How about Phil McCracken?

scottish-guy
July 16th, 2018, 14:36
Better still, Phil McAvity

scottish-guy
July 16th, 2018, 14:40
... Mr. & Mrs. Ritchie and their daughter 'Metitssa'!

The way I heard it The Ritchies were from Glasgow and their son was called Mabawsser.

I don't know if they lived near the Pullar family and their son, Willie