PDA

View Full Version : Gay "marriage" in Thailand

frequent
July 9th, 2018, 08:01
Here's the latest update - http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30349607

I wonder if this will mean a marriage visa rather than a retirement visa for some of our members

cdnmatt
July 9th, 2018, 08:22
Well, fuck... so looks like Mar 2016 - Nov 2018 was a bad time to be a non-retired gay expat in Thailand.

arsenal
July 9th, 2018, 08:25
I'm not sure there's ever a good time to be leading the life you claimed you were.

frequent
July 9th, 2018, 12:01
Well, fuck... so looks like Mar 2016 - Nov 2018 was a bad time to be a non-retired gay expat in Thailand.How could it possibly benefit you? You're in a relationship with a Lao citizen not a Thai citizen, and besides are you not still married to someone else?

cdnmatt
July 9th, 2018, 12:14
Well, after I went blind my old next door neighbor found out, and relayed that info to Kim somehow. He was calling me every 2 - 3 weeks just to say hi, and chat. I'm sure he would have married me for a bit of money, no problem. He was like that.

And I actually have the divorce papers printed and sitting here. Should really do that, because I probably have to marry Leo sometime in the future. Wouldn't have mattered anyway, as it's not like Thailand has access to Canada's marriage registry.

frequent
July 9th, 2018, 12:21
Well, after I went blind my old next door neighbor found out, and relayed that info to Kim somehow. He was calling me every 2 - 3 weeks just to say hi, and chat. I'm sure he would have married me for a bit of money, no problem. He was like that.

And I actually have the divorce papers printed and sitting here. Should really do that, because I probably have to marry Leo sometime in the future. Wouldn't have mattered anyway, as it's not like Thailand has access to Canada's marriage registry.I think you'll find the Thai authorities are rather assiduous at sniffing out marriages of convenience; they have a long experience of foreigners attempting to live in Thailand by paying Thais to marry them. I also understand you have to make a declaration that you are not and never have been married elsewhere. If you say you have they require a copy of the divorce decree. Given your complete contempt for Thai law I doubt that has many terrors for you

cdnmatt
July 9th, 2018, 12:28
Well, I'm not allowed in Thailand again until April 2023, so it hardly matters any more.

frequent
July 9th, 2018, 12:39
Well, I'm not allowed in Thailand again until April 2023, so it hardly matters any more.How's the plan going to "prove" to the Canadian authorities that your current passport has no value by using it to attempt to cross the US border?

Smiles
July 9th, 2018, 12:43
Well, I'm not allowed in Thailand again until April 2023, so it hardly matters any more.
Excellent. The sawatdee 'Bullshit Indicator' has gone through a lot of batteries.

arsenal
July 9th, 2018, 13:06
This potentially interesting (to some) topic has now been matted (verb) and will go the way of every thread he gets involved in.

frequent
July 9th, 2018, 13:16
Excellent. The sawatdee 'Bullshit Indicator' has gone through a lot of batteries.Possibly due for a re-bore?

latintopxxx
July 9th, 2018, 13:30
I'll actually be a little dissapointed if matty is indeed a fake...

scottish-guy
July 9th, 2018, 13:50
If the Phantom Red Triangle Presser of Old London Town does his work, 90% of the preceding (and off-topic) posts should disappear.

Let's just see

arsenal
July 9th, 2018, 14:59
Scottish Guy probably means me. Not guilty. But, he admitted to doing it before so perhaps he's got a taste for it and delights in receiving one of Mr Jellybeans red letters. A habit he no doubt picked up at the tax office. Haha.

scottish-guy
July 9th, 2018, 16:42
I’ll attempt to get the topic back on course by suggesting that the reports regarding proposals to legalize same sex marriage in Thailand do not convey (to me) that anything is going to happen imminently.

A law being passed could be 10 or 20yrs down the road, if at all