PDA

View Full Version : Billy Connolly - Scotland

scottish-guy
July 4th, 2018, 06:02
I do find Billy Connolly hilariously funny, I just despise the fact he so readily subscribes to the Scottish cringe mentality.

Basically in that respect he's a hairy Lulu - in fact he's worse - a typical know-your-place subservient Uncle Jock, and his hob-nobbing with Charlie boy over the years has been nothing short of nauseating, to me at least.

Then of course he had the effrontery to make (yet another) fortune by making a travelogue series set in Scotland whilst at the same time telling us how shite we are.

Of course he now has Parkinson's and one of his lines is that the shaking in his hands has become so pronounced and embarrassing that someone advised him to just keep his hand in his pocket. Unfortunately he chose to keep it in his trouser pocket and got arrested for indecency. :D

arsenal
July 4th, 2018, 08:48
Billy Connolly is the best stand up the world has ever seen and practically single handedly invented stand up as it is performed today.

I think LCR is a better financial deal than The Venue with greater potential.

And do we really need to go back to an endless stream of scat fetish because you know it will be bulldozed into every thread.

latintopxxx
July 4th, 2018, 11:02
scotty...have no idea why u despise connolly so much...does the truth hurt?? cant u laugh at yourself??

scottish-guy
July 4th, 2018, 13:46
I frankly doubt you listen to him - or you'd know it's not a matter of what he says about his country on stage (which is not derogatory and I don't find offensive at all)

As I said, I find him hilariously funny.

I'm talking about his off-stage political opinions and actions - which I doubt you know very little, if anything, about

Oliver2
July 4th, 2018, 14:38
If only he hadn't sold -out to become a Hollywood celeb. The best comedians are (as he was once) subversive, dangerous even.

scottish-guy
July 4th, 2018, 14:42
Absolutely correct Oliver - he's become not only a celebrity luvvie but a fully paid up member of the British establishment

gerefan2
July 4th, 2018, 16:08
SIR Billy!

scottish-guy
July 4th, 2018, 16:16
Exactly

pennyboy
July 4th, 2018, 16:57
Billy Connolly dared to .say he would not vote in the Scottish indyref. For this he is now despised by the nationalists. I believe he said he did not like nationalism..

arsenal
July 4th, 2018, 17:48
Exactly.

scottish-guy
July 5th, 2018, 01:11
Rubbish.

Billy Connolly’s anti-scottish political outpourings go back decades before the Indyref was even contemplated

bobsaigon2
July 5th, 2018, 02:36
I don't get that. He was / is anti-Scottish because of......? His Irish ancestry?

scottish-guy
July 5th, 2018, 03:43
This must be a first - I’ve allegedly gone off topic ON MY OWN FUCKING TOPIC???

arsenal
July 5th, 2018, 07:44
Not only lauded as a comedy genius but also a superb straight actor.

Billy Connolly that is, not Scottish Guy who is neither lauded nor straight.

frequent
July 5th, 2018, 08:06
Billy Connolly’s anti-scottish political outpourings go back decades before the Indyref was even contemplatedAre they anti-Scottish because he disagrees with the political views of Salmonella and La Sturgeon or are they anti-Scottish in a racist/cultural sense?

arsenal
July 5th, 2018, 08:35
One only needs to watch The Big Yins World Tour of Scotland to realise his absolute love of his home country. It could have been produced by the Scottish Tourist Board.

scottish-guy
July 5th, 2018, 14:30
Are they anti-Scottish because he disagrees with the political views of Salmonella and La Sturgeon or are they anti-Scottish in a racist/cultural sense?

Frequent, you disappoint me - name calling cannot pass for serious political discourse.

Unlike my calling BoJo a "fanny", as that happens to be accurate

:p

frequent
July 5th, 2018, 15:31
Frequent, you disappoint me - name calling cannot pass for serious political discourse.

Unlike my calling BoJo a "fanny", as that happens to be accurateIs that an attempt to avoid answering the question?

pennyboy
July 5th, 2018, 16:35
Billy Connolly is not anti Scottish. I have never heard anyone call him that until after he said he was not a nationalist
And Frequent you should be aware you are not allowed to name call anyone associated with the Scot nats. It;s the new rule, however you are allowed to call Unionists "gobshites"

frequent
July 5th, 2018, 17:10
Billy Connolly is not anti Scottish. I have never heard anyone call him that until after he said he was not a nationalist
And Frequent you should be aware you are not allowed to name call anyone associated with the Scot nats. It;s the new rule, however you are allowed to call Unionists "gobshites"I’ve assumed that Connolly is anti-Scottish only in the sense that Fox News refers to its opponents as “anti-American”

scottish-guy
July 6th, 2018, 00:59
... however you are allowed to call Unionists "gobshites"

a) quite rightly, and b) what's it got to do with you - or in fact the other commentators?

scottish-guy
October 21st, 2018, 15:58
Well, Well, Well - Whaddya Know:

Looks like Sir Billy (as was pointed out to me) has seen the light!

latintopxxx
October 21st, 2018, 17:40
I wish they would just go...and be merkels bitch...

scottish-guy
October 21st, 2018, 18:54
Is every country in the EU, Merkel's bitch?

Or would it just be Scotland?

latintopxxx
October 22nd, 2018, 02:34
every eu country is a slave to merkel...the germans have finally won ww2....just took longer than expected...if u understood how maney is amde and economies run u would have figured it out ages ago...what happened to that famed scottish trait that u supposed to have in common with the Jews...eh!!

scottish-guy
October 22nd, 2018, 14:54
..if u understood how maney is amde ...

Let me get this straight - you're suggesting I'm your intellectual inferior, right?

latintopxxx
October 22nd, 2018, 15:28
u need to ask...

scottish-guy
October 22nd, 2018, 16:01
If you examine the quote it's essential to ask, in order to confirm your delusion