PDA

View Full Version : Vietnamese in bars

paborn
July 3rd, 2018, 21:28
I introduce this topic with some trepidation. I've read posts going back over the last year or two that mention Vietnamese guys and we wander off topic very deeply; going from ethnicity to nationality. Throwing in Canbodians and who is cuter, darker, slimmer, whiter, etc. One thing, however, was a constant theme ( with a nod to Aresenal there are a few exceptions ) and that is that Vietnamese bar workers won't kiss, hardly touch, like to come and run. While I have had a few good ones, find them very atractive I have yet to find even one who will kiss. I too prefer others.

My question is: why? Why do they uniformly seem to be so unresponsive. Even if they're "straight for pay" one might expect them to adapt to their chosen work.

poshglasgow
July 3rd, 2018, 21:47
I introduce this topic with some trepidation. I've read posts going back over the last year or two that mention Vietnamese guys and we wander off topic very deeply; going from ethnicity to nationality. Throwing in Canbodians and who is cuter, darker, slimmer, whiter, etc. One thing, however, was a constant theme ( with a nod to Aresenal there are a few exceptions ) and that is that Vietnamese bar workers won't kiss, hardly touch, like to come and run. While I have had a few good ones, find them very atractive I have yet to find even one who will kiss. I too prefer others.

My question is: why? Why do they uniformly seem to be so unresponsive. Even if they're "straight for pay" one might expect them to adapt to their chosen work.

I dated a Vietnamese boy once. At the end of our first date, and aware of the Vietnamese hesitancy in respect of kissing, I asked him if I could kiss him on the cheek. He smiled, nodded and bent over!

gerefan2
July 3rd, 2018, 21:56
One thing, however, was a constant theme ( with a nod to Aresenal there are a few exceptions ) and that is that Vietnamese bar workers won't kiss, hardly touch, like to come and run. .

Try the Vietnamese flower sellers instead. Never had a problem.

scottish-guy
July 3rd, 2018, 22:03
Try the Vietnamese flower sellers instead. Never had a problem.

Clearly you don’t suffer from hay fever.

I once bummed the local butcher’s boy during his lunch hour - handling all that meat day in day out seemed to affect him

I have only had fun with one Viet boy and kissing was never a problem once i had him strapped to the table with the harness on him - this may be where youre going wrong

paborn
July 3rd, 2018, 22:05
Sorry, Gerefan2, but your allusion escapes me. Does "flower seller" connote something I'm missing?

Mancs
July 3rd, 2018, 22:58
Occasionally Viet men kiss properly. I have one 'on the go' at the moment. I can't argue with the general drift of what you are saying, Paborn. But I find Viet men butcher, sexier and funnier than most Thai men. I ponder on whether it is the lure of the 'straight' man at work. Of course some are more bi than others so it's a case of searching them out. The hunt continues.

Jellybean
July 3rd, 2018, 23:00
My only experience of meeting a Vietnamese boy, paborn was during a visit to 'Soi Twilight' in Bangkok in November 2013.

I have found one of my old trip reports and copied an extract below. As it was posted on the old forum, before switching to the current Sawatdee, every time I used certain punctuation marks they were replaced by various strange type characters, which I have had to remove and replace so that my old report is readable.

PART 2

Second visit to soi bpratuu-chai (soi Twilight)

A week later, after another dinner in Silom soi 6, I returned for a second visit to 'soi Twilight' with ChristianPFC.

As we approached Dick's Bar, he introduced me to another forum member, who was sitting with his boyfriend. It's nice to put a face to a fellow poster.

We ended up at Scorpion Bar again, but unfortunately, Christian could not stay long as he had a prior engagement. But what to do and where to go? I pondered as I sat at the bar. Again I watched the various boys and masseurs walking up and down the soi, but none of them were attracting my interest.

A mamasan from New Classic Bar came across and asked me to his bar as, he put it, I hadn't been there for some time, which was true. But I declined, I just didn't feel like going into a go-go bar, which was odd in itself, as I'd been away for 6 months.

Crikey! Why couldn't I see anyone who interested me? Where was my mojo?

I was the only customer at the bar, then another fa-ràng turned up and seemed to attract a lot of attention from the Vietnamese boys who flocked to him. Then one of the Vietnamese boys picked up my copy of the magazine Thai-Puan and, after browsing through it, came back to me and drew my attention to an article on Vietnamese cooking. Hmm . . . ah yes, very interesting I thought, in a very detached way. :)

Then I looked a bit more closely at the boy and thought, actually, he is really quite cute in a Jack-the-lad sort of way. So I bought him a drink and we chatted intermittently in my very basic, pidgin Thai.

At one point I thought he asked me in Thai if I liked dogs and cats. "Yes, I like dogs, but not cats, I'm allergic to them." I replied."

"No, no, no!" said the mamasan or manager, "He asked, Do you like to EAT cats and dogs?" "No, I don't!" I said most unequivocally. Apparently the 'boy' said, "Neither do I." Hmm . . . I wonder if this was some sort of test. What an odd question.

I think I then detected some interest in me from the 'boy', or was he simply desperate for money? LOL! Anyway, I asked if he was off-able or was he just there for show. The boy was asked and I was very pleasantly surprised to hear that he agreed to go with me.

We got the grumpiest, most curmudgeonly taxi driver to ever hold a Bangkok taxi driver's licence on the way back to my condo. He refused to follow my directions and those of the 'boy' (who repeated what I had said) and ended up having to take two U-turns because he was going in the wrong direction! He reminded me of the Bangkok taxi driver I had the misfortune to choose who didn't know the way to Suvarnabhumi Airport . . .but that's another story!

Ah! not a good start, I thought and wondered what my new friend was thinking? But he laughed it off and said, "kao aa-rom-mai-dii" (he grumpy) when we got out of the taxi and walked into my apartment block.

My new friend went immediately to the bathroom and showered. Oh my God! what a vision he looked when he emerged wrapped only in a bath towel! Unfortunately, he smoked, so I found an ash tray for him, pointed him in the direction of the fridge where he helped himself to a drink and I left him on the balcony while I went off to shower.

Afterwards . . . I felt in seventh heaven! This was the feeling I was looking for and thought I had lost! But why with this particular boy? When he is so obviously straight. But he had truly lifted my spirits and he had done everything I expect from a paid for sex partner. I had anticipated the most basic of performances and several "No can do" responses. I had even had my doubts about bringing home yet another straight, gay-for-pay guy when there were so many able and willing gay guys available. But he turned out to be the perfect choice. I had no complaints whatsoever.

Back on the balcony and drinking a couple of beers together he wanted me to take photos of him. Bugger! My camera wouldn't work, I'd forgotten to charge the battery!

He then surprised me and said, "You come bar tomorrow. Take me? Me, boyfriend you, me boyfriend you OK? I love you, I love you!" Then he gave me a great big hug. Blimey! I didn't expect that reaction. But what's that old expression when dealing with prostitutes? Believe only half of what you see and none of what you hear. Yes, how very true, I thought. I've been around the gay sleaze pots of Thailand far too long to go believing any of this is real.

In the kitchen he indicated that he wanted to cook a Vietnamese meal for me at a later date. Oh, actually, that part sounded quite sweet, even romantic and at least I'll know for sure there won't be any cats or dogs served up! LOL!

How to explain his perplexing behaviour? Maybe he thinks he's found his 'cash cow'? Maybe he has? Ah well, perhaps he has for a week or two. :)

So after paying him, we said our fond farewells, with me promising to see him again and take photos, which he can then show to his friends.

Well, at the very least, I think I've found my mojo again!

To be continued . . .

arsenal
July 4th, 2018, 00:12
Well my only experience of Vietnamese is in Vietnam with boys working in the massage parlours and I have been very satisfied with the service offered. As in Thailand I'm upfront about what I want and what I'll tip and that sorts out the business beforehand so then it's all pleasant and relaxed.

Blacktouch
July 4th, 2018, 00:49
Well my only experience of Vietnamese is in Vietnam with boys working in the massage parlours and I have been very satisfied with the service offered. As in Thailand I'm upfront about what I want and what I'll tip and that sorts out the business beforehand so then it's all pleasant and relaxed.

You are completely right. That's the best way forward. Arrange everything beforehand. The do's and don'ts?

If you do this beforehand, 95% of the time no problem.

There are loads of guys who see someone they like, and arrange the fee and off they go. No mention of what they want or what the guy does? I've see this time and time again with my own friends. And I've read about it on here.

a447
July 4th, 2018, 02:09
Even arranging things in the bar beforehand is, in my experience with Vietnamese guys, no guarantee he'll conform to the agreement one in the room.

The last guy I offed promised me the world but in the room he didn't want to touch me and wouldn't let me touch him.

Why do they uniformly seem to be so unresponsive

The story I heard from some Vietnamese boys in Scorpion Bar is that the Vietnamese money boys all come from the same region of Vietnam, just out of Hanoi. A couple of guys came to Bangkok first to see what work prospects were like and then sent back glowing reports, so other boys followed them. These days I'm sure they come from all over the country but I've only ever met boys who say they come from near Hanoi.

They probably learnt early on that they can get away with the minimum of service because they are in high demand. They are light-skinned - usually a big bonus in Asia - and generally smaller and cuter than the locals. Every Vietnamese guy I've seen in the bars has a beautiful swimmers body. They know that there will always be plenty of punters who will go gaga over them. It's similar to the bar stars who are often poor performers, in my experience. They know how desirable they are so they feel they can get away with just the bare minimum of effort.

I also think straight Thai money boys are more able to have gay sex. They are up for anything whereas the boys in Scorpion, who I spent many nights over many holidays chatting to, made it abundantly clear to me that they were straight. It's not something you tend to hear from the locals. They were always eager for an off but only a chuck-wow was on offer.

If they are straight and unwilling to perform they should find alternative ways fine making a living.

latintopxxx
July 4th, 2018, 02:19
I'll never understand how a447 seems to come across such unresponsive uncooperative MBs......maybe not enough energy and effort put into due diligence.

a447
July 4th, 2018, 02:42
They are not just any old "unresponsive uncooperative MBs" - they are "unresponsive uncooperative" Vietnamese MBs.

The non-Vietnamese MBs are fine. They are the ones I now deal with exclusively.

Blacktouch
July 4th, 2018, 03:03
Once people stop going with them, then they will reliase their mistakes. Then it will be too late.

Blacktouch
July 4th, 2018, 03:17
I can fully understand on some occasions the boys may not perform as agreed, but surely if you tell them beforehand that if they don't keep to the agreements, then no money?

goji
July 4th, 2018, 04:40
Well gents, we need to stick together and stop giving baht to these guys. If there's no money, either they will have to step up and offer some service or **** off back home.

So the golden rule should be no performance, no pay.

1 First beware of the gorgeous hosts who don't offer any conversation and won't do anything else either. I'm not sure if they are in Scorpion bar any more, I just walk past. They got a couple of drinks from me & I'm not going to be scammed there again.

2 If they agree to do X,Y & Z, but do not, well simply kick them out without payment. If you play it the other way, they have succeeded and as long as there are enough fresh customers, their dishonest methods will take hold and spread to others.
Considering they are working illegally, they would probably back down and run off if there was any threat of the hotel security or police getting involved. Or just use your size advantage & kick them out.

poshglasgow
July 4th, 2018, 04:53
Clearly you don’t suffer from hay fever.

I once bummed the local butcher’s boy during his lunch hour - handling all that meat day in day out seemed to affect him

I have only had fun with one Viet boy and kissing was never a problem once i had him strapped to the table with the harness on him - this may be where youre going wrong

"...handling all that meat day in day out seemed to affect him."

Dick Emery: "Oooooh you are offal...but I like you!"

poshglasgow
July 4th, 2018, 05:03
A heavily-built gay Scotsman walks into the butchers shop and eyes up the butcher's boy. He looks the boy up and down, smiles and then says, "Pound o' fillet."
The lad smiles coyly, winks and, eager to accept what he thinks is a bet, says, "Pound you don't!"

poshglasgow
July 4th, 2018, 05:12
"...They are up for anything whereas the boys in Scorpion, who I spent many nights over many holidays chatting to, made it abundantly clear to me that they were straight."

And there lies the sting in the tail!"

scottish-guy
July 4th, 2018, 06:04
As long as they leave your tail stinging you have nothing to complain about

:D

poshglasgow
July 4th, 2018, 06:05
50 shades of gay!!

paborn
July 4th, 2018, 06:39
If only the Scorpian lads were not so damned attractive I coiuld walk on by and not be tormented.

frequent
July 4th, 2018, 07:06
If only the Scorpian lads were not so damned attractive I coiuld walk on by and not be tormented.Try to think of it as window shopping

latintopxxx
July 4th, 2018, 11:03
nah!!...too white...too pretty...I want a brown construction worker type bouncing up and down on mine...

extronaut
July 4th, 2018, 12:14
Love Vietnamese trai gọi. [edit: Vietnamese for money boy]

Never seen no boy bars anywhere in that country like there are in Thailand. Online seems to be the place to hook up. To be fair, I'd have to say it's harder work. But Vietnamese are cuter, and I've managed to have some fun dalliances on my trips there. Some of those dalliances have gone on to become friends.

Never had trouble getting them to kiss. One difference though, I think trai gọi who travel from Saigon or Hanoi to Thailand will be more accustomed to doing short time. That's because it's illegal for a Vietnamese to spend more than an hour in a hotel room with a foreigner.. I like that, btw. My ideal off is: he turns up, rocks my world for an hour or so, then disappears and leaves me to enjoy the rest of my holiday. No complications, no commitment.

Another difference I've noticed in Vietnam is that if he doesn't like me, he will not go with me. I prefer that to Thailand, where I've had the boys come back to my hotel purely for the money. They may seem keen in the bar, but once I get them alone, I get minimal service. Some of them even turn out to be straight. That's not much fun. With Vietnamese, I can be fairly sure that if he does turn up, it's because he's keen. Usually he still wants to get paid, of course - but not always, sometimes I get it for free.

arsenal
July 4th, 2018, 13:01
extronaut wrote.
"Some of them even turn out to be straight."

95 per cent of my Thai offs are straight. Thai straight boys do gay sex sooo much better than gay ones. They kiss you like you're their bride on the wedding night.

a447
July 4th, 2018, 13:27
Extronaut, I didn't know about the law that says a local can only spend an hour in a hotel room with a foreigner. Very interesting and good to know.

When I was in Saigon my hotel allowed a "guest" to stay up until 9:30 pm. Unfortunately, I never found a guest".

I agree totally with Blacktouch and goji - if they don't do everything they said they'd do when back in the bar, don't pay them.

Unfortunately, some of us are our own worst enemies. I just couldn't bring myself to do that ; Is rather just put it down to experience and move on.

I can only think of one occasion over all these years where I reduced the agreed tip and that was the Vietnamese guy who only lasted 15 seconds and then tried to leave without putting his hand anywhere near my cock. But even then, I felt bad doing that.

On one other occasion quite a few years ago I do recall going back to Eros to get them to refund the off fee. But that might have been because the boy didn't have an ID card and want allowed into the Ambiance Hotel.

One of these days I'll learn how to say no.

But it better be quick - time is running out!

extronaut
July 4th, 2018, 15:00
a447 that's the law there. Some hoteliers let it slide, others seem to really stress about it.

gerefan2
July 4th, 2018, 15:55
Whats is trai gọi.? ? Nothing on google to help either

a447
July 4th, 2018, 17:09
a447 that's the law there. Some hoteliers let it slide, others seem to really stress about it.

I had a similar situation in Vientiane. The hotel website made it clear that outside guests would not be allowed in the rooms.

One night I met a guy in a bar and just couldn't help myself - I offed him and took him back to the hotel, fully planning to bribe the guy at reception if required.

I managed to sneak him by reception but when we got to the room I got a phone call asking for the guy to come to reception and register.

So yes, you're right. As we know, hotel rules can often be ignored by management.

extronaut
July 4th, 2018, 17:21
Gerefan2 try searching xvideos instead.

extronaut
July 4th, 2018, 17:23
Gerefan2 Vietnamese for money boy.

extronaut
July 4th, 2018, 17:47
A447 is that how it tends to go down in VTE? I found a great massage parlour somewhere, and had fun there a couple of times. They said I could have the masseur to go, but I wasn't game try and get him past reception. I've heard the cops can get mediaeval on foreigners who have with locals, whether paid or not, so I didn't want to even risk causing a fuss.

On another occasion, I brought a guy back to my hotel, who for all world I thought was straight. A very pretty young man, but he certainly looked, and seemed straight. So I had no trouble getting him through at all. And it was honestly complete surprise when I closed the room door and he suddenly jumped me. A pleasant one at that. Turned out he was in the closet, and had a bizarre kink for corpulent, middle-aged white guys. Can you believe my luck? I had no idea, I wonder if reception did.

a447
July 4th, 2018, 18:26
I wouldn't try it these days.

I read somewhere that Lao is desperate to avoid Thailand's reputation as a haven for sex tourists. That makes me think they are eager to enforce the law now.

goji
July 5th, 2018, 00:42
I always thought the laws in Laos etc prohibited you from sleeping overnight with local visitors. So one obvious solution is to pick up some company form another country & invite him on your visit to Laos. If your Cambodian boyfriend checks in with you, I believe the law is satisfied.

As for the "bait" at Sorpion, there are thousands of unavailable guys in the world It's just an easy adjustment to view the Scorpiion boys as also unavailable & walk a few yards further to Classic Boys. Even on holiday, there are loads of "unavailable" boys.

frequent
July 5th, 2018, 08:12
I read somewhere that Lao is desperate to avoid Thailand's reputation as a haven for sex tourists. That makes me think they are eager to enforce the law now.As is Cambodia, in the sense that there are no gogo bars. Since I've never understood the desire to actually sleep with someone else (I never, ever share my bed) as opposed to the euphemistic "sleep" with someone, I rent by the hour

Smiles
July 5th, 2018, 08:44
" ... I've never understood the desire to actually sleep with someone else (I never, ever share my bed) ... "You poor deprived bastard.

frequent
July 5th, 2018, 08:53
You poor deprived bastard.I've never seen the need to share my farting and snoring with anyone else

Blueskytoday
July 5th, 2018, 12:31
I am with you..wham, bam, thank you ....now leave me alone....

a447
July 5th, 2018, 13:36
I gave up long-time years ago.

I couldn't get much sleep with a hot body next to me all night, and neither could he because of my continually wandering hands and my snoring. But the sex in the morning was always amazing for me, probably less so for him.

Sleeping with a partner, however, is a different ball game, so to speak.

extronaut
July 5th, 2018, 17:06
I'm the same really. Prefer short time. Asian rent boys are incredibly sexy to me, but I don't trust em. Maybe that's part of why I find them sexy? Who knows? And who cares? Bottom line: I don't want them around when I'm not able to keep a sharp eye on my possessions.

There was one case in Cambodia, though, where I had a massage boy who was incredibly, relentlessly nice, and really wanted to sleep with me as often as he could. I actually did not have the heart to turn him down. For some reason I trusted him too. Turns out, my trust was not misplaced, amazingly. Had a great time, but it was heartbreaking to leave him. So never again.

a447
July 5th, 2018, 17:36
I know this sounds silly, but I tend to just trust people - a legacy of living in Japan I think, where I've never met a dishonest person. Incredible, I know, but true. That's not to say there are no dishonest people in Japan; of course there are but it was something I never gave a second thought to. I could give countless examples of their honesty.

In my days as a butterfly in Thailand I had many total strangers come back to my room. Valuables were kept in the safe, but nothing outside the safe was ever stolen. Perhaps I was just lucky.

The only incidence of theft I've come across in Thailand was when a boy in a massage place in Pattaya stole my very expensive watch after I'd left it behind. I went straight back to get it but in those few minutes it had magically disappeared.

We have to be responsible for our possessions and in that case, I wasn't. I only realised once I was on the plane that I was still wearing it. Normally I bring a cheaper watch which, if stolen or lost, would not bother me.

Also, it was my fault for leaving it behind.

Overall, I find the Thai boys very honest.

paborn
July 5th, 2018, 19:39
I agree, I take the same precautions and have never had an issue. Over many years treveling in Lattin America there were times that, no matter how well secured, something would be stolen. Camera and money in the safe?? Ok, I'll take a bottle of cologne. Something, anything - so when I say that nothing has ever been disturbed in Thailand I mean it.
By the way, my ciurrent travel watch was chosen by typing, "cheap plastic watch" into Amazon.

AsDaRa
July 6th, 2018, 14:24
Why do your guys still use a watch these days no we all have a mobile phone? Haven't used a watch in ages. I just look at my phone.

Oliver2
July 6th, 2018, 14:35
I seldom use a mobile, either at home or in Thailand. I prefer 100 bht watches from Second Road. Never buy a battery, just a new watch.

francois
July 6th, 2018, 20:04
Why do your guys still use a watch these days no we all have a mobile phone? Haven't used a watch in ages. I just look at my phone.

Watches are a fashion accessory, in addition to recording the time. Some people have a sense of style, others don't.

paborn
July 6th, 2018, 20:07
it's also so much easier to glance at a watch then to pull out a phone and announce your checking the time. Some people have discetion, others don't.

goji
July 6th, 2018, 23:28
A watch is visible with a quick rotation of the wrist. A phone has to be got out of my pocket, so more work. I use one of those reliable old Casio watches, so no one will be interested in stealing that.
Steering back to the topic, whatever type of watch I wear, it's still not going to get those Scorpion boys into a passionate sex session.

paborn
July 6th, 2018, 23:32
it's still not going to get those Scorpion boys into a passionate sex session.
Truth!

I used to wear Casios but they have the hardest interface to understand and the manuals worthless. A simple analog for me.

arsenal
July 7th, 2018, 06:41
I've always considered that a pocket watch on a chain and worn on the waistcoat cannot be beaten for a sense of drama and suggestion of important business to sttend to. Not practical in Pattaya perhaps.

frequent
July 7th, 2018, 09:55
Typical Vietnamese money boy profile in Bangkok on Grindr - note the request for "English please". Photoshopped profile pic. Almost certainly staying in the Oasis Apartments on Silom 3 - I think they must have a permanent room or two there:

rarebbit
July 7th, 2018, 10:43
Even arranging things in the bar beforehand is, in my experience with Vietnamese guys, no guarantee he'll conform to the agreement one in the room.

The last guy I offed promised me the world but in the room he didn't want to touch me and wouldn't let me touch him.

The story I heard from some Vietnamese boys in Scorpion Bar is that the Vietnamese money boys all come from the same region of Vietnam, just out of Hanoi. A couple of guys came to Bangkok first to see what work prospects were like and then sent back glowing reports, so other boys followed them. These days I'm sure they come from all over the country but I've only ever met boys who say they come from near Hanoi.

They probably learnt early on that they can get away with the minimum of service because they are in high demand. They are light-skinned - usually a big bonus in Asia - and generally smaller and cuter than the locals. Every Vietnamese guy I've seen in the bars has a beautiful swimmers body. They know that there will always be plenty of punters who will go gaga over them. It's similar to the bar stars who are often poor performers, in my experience. They know how desirable they are so they feel they can get away with just the bare minimum of effort.

I also think straight Thai money boys are more able to have gay sex. They are up for anything whereas the boys in Scorpion, who I spent many nights over many holidays chatting to, made it abundantly clear to me that they were straight. It's not something you tend to hear from the locals. They were always eager for an off but only a chuck-wow was on offer.

If they are straight and unwilling to perform they should find alternative ways fine making a living.

:heart:

goji
July 7th, 2018, 15:34
As long as some customers are dumb enough to pay them off after a non-performance, they can muddle on.

If every single customer who is a victim of such scams either kicked them out or called hotel security to do the job, they would have to either quit or offer some service.

a447
July 7th, 2018, 20:30
As long as some customers are dumb enough to pay them off after a non-performance, they can muddle on.

If every single customer who is a victim of such scams either kicked them out or called hotel security to do the job, they would have to either quit or offer some service.

Noone can argue with your logic. I certainly can't.

But I don't think I'm necessarily being "dumb" - sometimes the heart overrules the mind.

We are all wired differently.

paborn
July 7th, 2018, 22:18
"dumb"? Not only are we all wired differently but some of us are risk adverse. Prostitution is actually illegal in Thailand. Why would I call the police over the price of a good dinner?

paborn
July 7th, 2018, 22:22

I too have spent hours in Scorpian. Yes, for the light skin beauties....... I understand that Hanoi and the north are the poorest areas. Thus, they come to Bangkok. While they drive me crazy but they do, in my ezxperience, allow smoking - of them only. The real issue is kissing but pecks on the cheelk have been graciously allowed.

Blacktouch
July 8th, 2018, 21:57
Noone can argue with your logic. I certainly can't.

But I don't think I'm necessarily being "dumb" - sometimes the heart overrules the mind.

We are all wired differently.

The more these boys are still paid for their poor performers, they will continue not to give a better service.

If they can't give a proper service, we should not off them. Simple.

paborn
July 8th, 2018, 22:12
The more these boys are still paid for their poor performers, they will continue not to give a better service.

If they can't give a proper service, we should not off them. Simple.

When I started this thread my real question was to understand why Vietnamese boys did not seem to conform to standard Kinsey linear sexual identity. Some should, indeed, be so straight that they would gag at being touched by a man, some would be willing to be gay for pay with restrictions such as no anal. The numbers should continue all the way, through bisexual, to gay - totally gay. I just have not found a single one to allow even rudimentary conformance.

I would add that the ones I've been with I wanted to be with and paid them understanding the issues, thus they deserved their pay. I did not feel cheated. I do, however, remain confused as to their clustering at the far end of the Kinsey line. Is it a matter of face, sice they all seem to live in shared quarters would they be cast out? That's what confuses me.

Jellybean
July 8th, 2018, 23:14
When I started this thread my real question was to understand why Vietnamese boys did not seem to conform to standard Kinsey linear sexual identity. Some should, indeed, be so straight that they would gag at being touched by a man, some would be willing to be gay for pay with restrictions such as no anal. The numbers should continue all the way, through bisexual, to gay - totally gay. I just have not found a single one to allow even rudimentary conformance.

I would add that the ones I've been with I wanted to be with and paid them understanding the issues, thus they deserved their pay. I did not feel cheated. I do, however, remain confused as to their clustering at the far end of the Kinsey line. Is it a matter of face, since they all seem to live in shared quarters would they be cast out? That's what confuses me.

When you are in Soi Twilight in January 2019 paborn, I recommend that you take a notebook and pen or a tape recorder, a huge wad of 100 Baht banknotes and interview a good cross section of the Vietnamese boys and put to them the various questions you listed above. Perhaps you could take ChristianPFC along with you to act as an interpreter. Actually, Christian may well have already conducted his own survey, so I would check with him first.

That is the only way I feel we are ever going to get to the bottom of this matter, which is obviously of some importance to you. If all goes well, I might also find myself in Bangkok in January and, if acceptable, I would willingly accompany you and Christian.

Hmmm . . . I wonder if ‘my’ guy from 2013 is still working at Scorpion Bar. Probably not, he has no doubt returned to Vietnam, built himself a splendid house with all his earnings from us punters, got married and has two beautiful children by now.

scottish-guy
July 9th, 2018, 00:13
..I wonder if ‘my’ guy from 2013 is still working at Scorpion Bar. Probably not, he has no doubt returned to Vietnam, built himself a splendid house with all his earnings from us punters, got married and has two beautiful children by now.

Alternatively he became a crystal meth addict, jumped off a high building whilst believing he was indestructible and "spread himself" over a large area of pavement.

That doesn't reflect on you of course - but depressingly it's far more likely than the rose-tinted vision you've painted

Jellybean
July 9th, 2018, 01:10
Alternatively he became a crystal meth addict, jumped off a high building whilst believing he was indestructible and "spread himself" over a large area of pavement.

That doesn't reflect on you of course - but depressingly it's far more likely than the rose-tinted vision you've painted

Oh, I am so glad you added that your alternative version of how he might have ended up wasn't as a result of anything I said or done scottish-guy.

And sorry scottish-guy, but my "rose-tinted"/ Little House on the Prairie version, wasn't meant to be taken seriously and I thought that was obvious. Perhaps I should have added a wink emoji to emphasise the point.

paborn
July 9th, 2018, 01:27
When you are in Soi Twilight in January 2019 paborn, I recommend that you take a notebook and pen or a tape recorder, a huge wad of 100 Baht banknotes and interview a good cross section of the Vietnamese boys and put to them the various questions you listed above. Perhaps you could take ChristianPFC along with you to act as an interpreter. Actually, Christian may well have already conducted his own survey, so I would check with him first.

That is the only way I feel we are ever going to get to the bottom of this matter, which is obviously of some importance to you. If all goes well, I might also find myself in Bangkok in January and, if acceptable, I would willingly accompany you and Christian.

Hmmm . . . I wonder if ‘my’ guy from 2013 is still working at Scorpion Bar. Probably not, he has no doubt returned to Vietnam, built himself a splendid house with all his earnings from us punters, got married and has two beautiful children by now.

Interesting! I only there were time as a survey would only be stage one of the cientific method. We would have to take each one off and verify their veracity. At least, if your in Bangkok at the time we could dicuss over a nice dinner.

I arrive on the 10th and epart for Pattaya on the 13th - let me know - donner on me!

Oceans
July 9th, 2018, 01:58
Most of the Vietnamese boys are from the same area. It’s very small, very poor, very rural. They grow up in a very straight society. They all know each other. All went to school with each other. Their families expect them to be married and have children by the time they are 25. Many of them have their girlfriends and wives in Bangkok with them. Couple of areas around Sathorn are small Vietnamese villages.

Most of the complaints are with bottoming and deep kissing. Most are just never going to do it. Bottoming, never, Kissing, if you can build a repore can happen. There are a few gay boys, but very few.
These boys grew up in an area where they knew nothing of being gay. Social media has changed the world.

As was mentioned earlier. A couple of boys came to Bangkok looking for work. They ended up at Scorpion. They could make 100 baht or so just for customer buying drink. That’s 100 baht more than they made in Vietnam. They worked rice fields, earnings going to family. Then they found out they could make 1500-2000 baht going with customer. It became mind over matter. Word got around back to Vietnam, money could be made in Bangkok and the pipeline of boys started.
But they have all held the line at bottoming and kissing. Just something they were brought up saying, not something you do.
Most are good tops though.

If you have a good conversation with boy, you can have a good time. They can rush things if you don’t make it clear what your looking for. If you have time to spend with a boy more than once, they can surprise you.
Again, growing up in small, poor area with little outside world contact, they can be a bit socially timid . Most of the boys have never been to Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City. Bangkok is first contact with big city life. You can tell the difference in boys that have been around for awhile vs the new boys,

Just my take after knowing and talking to many of the Vietnamese boys.

Jellybean
July 9th, 2018, 02:11
Welcome to Sawatdee forum, Oceans and thank you for sharing your knowledge of Vietnamese boys.

paborn
July 9th, 2018, 02:55
Oceans , thank you so much and I echo your welcome. A clear and reasoned post. I look forward to many more.

Oceans
July 9th, 2018, 03:50
Thanks Been a long term lurker, but this is a subject I have a bit of experience with and thought I would share.

paborn
July 9th, 2018, 04:58
Well, considering the number of gorgeous Vietnamese in Bangkok and , I hope, Jomtien your expertise could be invaluable. Don't be a stranger

scottish-guy
July 9th, 2018, 14:01
...I arrive on the 10th and epart for Pattaya on the 13th - let me know - donner on me!

I fear Jellybean will expect more than a Kebab

frequent
July 9th, 2018, 14:17
I fear Jellybean will expect more than a KebabIf it's Turkish it will be circumcised, if Greek then not

paborn
July 9th, 2018, 18:23
OK, guys, considering the care with which you read everything, you will recall that I'm between eye operations and squinting. But, I do wish I had planned the "donner" quip - alas, I'm not that good.

arsenal
July 9th, 2018, 20:12
Paborn. Mentioning eye ops is clearly off topic and this likely to glean the attention of the forums recent red triangle Ayatollah. Anyway, all medical issues should be in the Everything Else forum which is starting to read like an episode of Casualty meets Last of the Summer Wine. Haha.

paborn
July 9th, 2018, 20:27
That's true, but I doubt that I would be able to see the trianlge - red is it?

gerefan2
July 9th, 2018, 22:02
yes, red....better?

paborn
July 9th, 2018, 22:45
I'll keep it on file....

Dimsumbear
July 12th, 2018, 07:00
Vietnamese boys are more Chinese I think: they suffer more boundary or value issues even if they choose to walk down that path. Suck or fuck them if you want, but kiss big no no

frequent
July 12th, 2018, 07:10
Vietnamese boys are more Chinese I think: they suffer more boundary or value issues even if they choose to walk down that path. Suck or fuck them if you want, but kiss big no noRight, so you're saying Chinese guys don't kiss?

christianpfc
July 12th, 2018, 23:32
I'm not into kissing, so I can't contribute to the OP.

My limited experiences with Vietnamese moneyboys in Bangkok were negative (free Vietnamese boys in Bangkok and Vietnam were okay). Add the mostly negative reports on the forums and by friends, and I put up the mental strength not to off Vietnamese.

During bar hopping in Bangkok last month, the Vietnamese stood out for being the most handsome. I would give them another chance, and I would pay one drink (for me) and one off fee (for the boy) in Screwboys, but I wouldn't pay more than 1000 THB for short time, which I would discuss with staff and the boy before offing him, but I think that's where it would fail.

Taking outsiders into hotel rooms in Lao. I have done so in 2011 in Vientiane and Luang Prabang (short time), and in 2014 I had a boy (Lao national, worked in Pattaya as money boy, that's how we met) overnight in Vientiane.

Oceans
July 13th, 2018, 01:55
Christian, your not going to get a Vietnamese boy from ScrewBoys, X-Boys or FreshBoys for less than 2000.
You might get lucky and find someone for 1500, but it will take work.

a447
July 13th, 2018, 02:05
Christian, your not going to get a Vietnamese boy from ScrewBoys, X-Boys or FreshBoys for less than 2000.
You might get lucky and find someone for 1500, but it will take work.

Well, I'm not so sure about X-Boys and Fresh Boys, given the fact that customers are few and far between in Soi Twilight at the moment.

Screwboys, on the other hand, seems to be doing quite well.

I wouldn't listen to what the mamasans say - it's a free market and the guys can decide for themselves whether or not to accept your offer.

A bird in the hand.....

goji
July 13th, 2018, 02:35
I wouldn't listen to what the mamasans say

Now that is a very good piece of advice.

Better still, persuade them to go away, so you don't even have to ignore what they say.