PDA

View Full Version : Need advice about Go Go boy bars in Bangkok

homeseeker
July 1st, 2018, 10:04
I have recently moved to Bangkok from Pattaya and would be grateful for any up-to-date advice or recommendation about the Go go boy bars in the silom/suriwong area.
Which are the best bars and which are the ones to stay away from (in your opinion)?
How about the drink prices?
What are the off fees?
For short/long time.... what tip is expected?
Glad to have any input and thank you so much in advance for your help.

christianpfc
July 7th, 2018, 16:38
This subject has been discussed ad nauseam. Here in short:

Drink price between 300 and 500,
off-fee between 400 and 650,
short time starting from 2000 and long time starting from 3000.

This information is from friends and from the forums, as I haven't participated for years, I stay away from all of them and go to Pattaya instead. Even with travel and accommodation expenses, bar hopping (with the aim of offing boys) is cheaper than in Bangkok, and in addition I like the attitude in Pattaya better and I'm in holiday mode in Pattaya (staying in hotel, whereas in Bangkok I would bring boys back to the room I stay in longtime).

gerefan2
July 7th, 2018, 21:18
I have recently moved to Bangkok from Pattaya and would be grateful for any up-to-date advice or recommendation about the Go go boy bars in the silom/suriwong area.
Which are the best bars and which are the ones to stay away from (in your opinion)?... DREAMBOYS
How about the drink prices?....VERY HIGH
What are the off fees?...VERY HIGH
For short/long time.... what tip is expected?...VERY HIGH
Glad to have any input and thank you so much in advance for your help.

Well you idid ask...after Paraquatta VERY Expensive!

christianpfc
July 10th, 2018, 18:34
Gerefan did not specify if Dreamboys is recommended or to stay away from.

If you want my opinion:
I have blacklisted Dreamboys for price gouging and Jupiter2001/Boy66/Moonlight for unethical business (as far as I know, the landlord did not extend the lease in order to open a gogo bar, driving the management of Jupiter2001 to elsewhere).
I have blacklisted all Jupiter bars for not catering to my taste of boys.
I have blacklisted Classic boys for not having my taste of boys (the bar I visited most in the last few years, by invitation of a Farang friend, but I haven't seen anything I like in there).
The only ones I would go to are Screwboys, X-Boys, X-Size, Fresh Boys, or wherever they moved to and changed name.
Screwboys I can even recommend (my type of boys), if it were Pattaya prices and attitudes, I would be a regular there.
I occasionally (between 2 and 5 times per year) go to Super A; nearby Golden Cock is not my style (boys fully dressed) and Nature Boy number of boys is usually too low to warrant purchasing a drink.

paborn
July 10th, 2018, 19:39
Christian, I am with you about Dreamboys ( years ago my favorite. In the days when it was a sort or reincarnation of Barbiery ) and Jupiter/moonlight. I have always parted company with you about boys dressed in the host bars. I'm fine with that, In the old days of Saphan Kwai all my favs were host, however, I'm confused about boy type.

As I recall Classic boys was pure twink, I mean really small twinks, Jupiter, on the other hand, were rather striking masculine models. I'm also with you about screw boy,etc. your list is also the list I'm most interested in visiting. I exempt Scorpian as I will drop by just to give it "the old college try" one more time.

Just give me an isea about Juiter/Classic as I'm in the dark there.

a447
July 10th, 2018, 22:18
nearby Golden Cock is not my style (boys fully dressed)

You obviously haven't been there in a while. Many of the guys are in their briefs these days. If you ask them, they will quickly show you their assets.

And if you get to know them well, they will drop their pants as soon as they see you enter the bar.

I have never seen so many customers at GC as I did this visit. More boys, too, although they don't work every night. It's a bit hit and miss.

paborn
July 10th, 2018, 23:15
This is faulous news for me and in the eighties GC was a gogo with boys in briefs on a small stage in front of the sofas. Is the fishtank still there?

scottish-guy
July 10th, 2018, 23:26
.. Is the fishtank still there?

Was that your pet name for a particular customer?

paborn
July 11th, 2018, 00:08
No, note "the fishtank" as in a tank of tropical fish in the bar area.

Nirish guy
July 11th, 2018, 00:13
on a small stage in front of the sofas. Is the fishtank still there?

Dont know about the fish tank but the last time I sat on one of those sofas I think THAT was the one you must have viewed back in the 80's as my ass nearly fell right through it it was that old ! ( the sofa not my ASS ! :)

a447
July 11th, 2018, 01:03
Is the fishtank still there?

Yep. Still there. They changed the water while I was in the bar, so now the fish are visible again.

a447
July 11th, 2018, 03:22
Is G Boys still open?

I found it by accident one night and a tout tried to get me to enter the bar. I distinctly remember the sign outside the bar, facing the entrance to the soi.

I walked along Suriwong Road a few times after that, looking for the sign but I didn't see it. The tout had disappeared, too.

paborn
July 11th, 2018, 04:29
I read here that it is not on Suriwong but is located in soi wallstreet.

frequent
July 11th, 2018, 05:29
Yep. Still there. They changed the water while I was in the bar, so now the fish are visible again.Life is one disappointing thing after another. I was expecting to read the water changed into wine

homeseeker
July 12th, 2018, 07:48
Appreciate all the helpful replies.

christianpfc
July 15th, 2018, 02:21
Christian, I am with you...
Just give me an isea about Juiter/Classic as I'm in the dark there.
The last visits in Classic Boys, there was no boy who was a clear hit. It was a clear case of "don't waste time and money here, go to Pattaya".

Jupiter has boys fully dressed, I wouldn't pay money to watch.

I might have a look at/in Golden Cock again. I'm always intrigued by your tales, but whenever I look (about once per year), only a few boys, fully dressed, none my type.

sglad
July 15th, 2018, 16:36
Life is one disappointing thing after another. I was expecting to read the water changed into wine

Not quite. If this is a bar where a447 is a regular, I would expect the water to change to jesus juice.

a447
July 15th, 2018, 18:39
I might have a look at/in Golden Cock again. I'm always intrigued by your tales, but whenever I look (about once per year), only a few boys, fully dressed, none my type.

GC suffers from a bit of an identity crisis. Is it a beer bar? A karaoke bar? A party bar? A hands-on bar, à la Eros?

It's actually a bit of all of those things, depending on how the night unfolds.

There is a core group of guys who turn up every night. They are joined by others who just turn up when they feel life it.

GC works well for me because I've been having it off with the same guy there for years. He is willing to share the money around and so introduces me to any of the drop-ins who he knows are my type.

He also has a large circle of "willing" friends who he can call on for me.

I'd probably give an afternoon visit a miss, unless you have some regular guys to "entertain" you. Go there around 9pm and choose someone you like. He will then make sure he's waiting for you every afternoon if you tell him you'll be coming.

As they now actually have customers - on a couple of nights it was standing room only! - it may be worth another look, Christian.

And if they run out of wine, you can always look in the fish tank. You never know your luck!

goji
July 16th, 2018, 01:14
No, note "the fishtank" as in a tank of tropical fish in the bar area.

Glad you clarified that, as I was thinking of a large tank that boys can swim in, like Classic Boys.

I've never stayed in GC for long enough to admire the fixtures & fittings. Normally, I get as far as the doorway & realize it's one of those go go bars with about 2~3 boys who are not my type & they are not doing any gogo either. So I head right back out again.

From the earlier posts, it sounds like they are finally getting their act together.

Dimsumbear
July 28th, 2018, 16:31
Opposite from Boystown [edit: Soi Twilight in Bangkok] there is a big "Wall Street Inn" sign. The popular short time hotel is at the end of the ally, and G-Boys is a few shops before on your right hand side