PDA

View Full Version : This venue up for sale looks VERY familar!

scottish-guy
July 1st, 2018, 00:18
I think someone mentioned this already but I came across this listing:

https://uk.businessesforsale.com/uk/cabaret-club-and-hotel-for-freehold-sale-pattaya-for-sale.aspx

AsDaRa
July 1st, 2018, 00:27
Lot of money they ask for it. You need to be a dollar millionaire to buy it.

scottish-guy
July 1st, 2018, 00:47
AsDaRa, surely you know by now that dollar millionaires are very much in the minority on SGT - most of us have far more money than that.

AsDaRa
July 1st, 2018, 01:35
AsDaRa, surely you know by now that dollar millionaires are very much in the minority on SGT - most of us have far more money than that.

Oh...But I don't...I didnt know the board's members were mostly drug criminals, I mean what other group of people has an average income above 1 million dollars.
Are you telling me I am the only law abiding forum member here? :))

AsDaRa
July 1st, 2018, 01:39
Also they say it is highly profitable. Yet I wonder how that can be. They have to pay the dancers every day and most guests come only in around 22.00 and take one drink.
How can that place be so highly profitable?

goji
July 1st, 2018, 03:34
The ad says $1million ~$5million.

That's an enormous price range & even the lower figure seems high, considering other bars struggle to stay open.

AsDaRa
July 1st, 2018, 13:31
The ad says $1million ~$5million.

That's an enormous price range & even the lower figure seems high, considering other bars struggle to stay open.

But in the add they say: highly profitable. I truly doubt that. 99% of their customers arrive 22.00, pay one drink and leave 00.00

arsenal
July 1st, 2018, 14:09
The ad also says 'freehold' but that can't be accurate because of the land ownership laws in Thailand.

poshglasgow
July 2nd, 2018, 05:25
Oh...But I don't...I didnt know the board's members were mostly drug criminals, I mean what other group of people has an average income above 1 million dollars.
Are you telling me I am the only law abiding forum member here? :))

By drug criminals, do you mean those who shoplift Anusol, Mogadon, sterafix and Milk of Magnesia from Boots the Chemist?

poshglasgow
July 2nd, 2018, 05:41
I think someone mentioned this already but I came across this listing:

https://uk.businessesforsale.com/uk/cabaret-club-and-hotel-for-freehold-sale-pattaya-for-sale.aspx

I can't see a buyer parting with £1,000,000 for the purchase of the Venue. I am fond of the hotel and of the show (despite the number of lipsync kathoeys) but 1M ?? It will, I believe, find a buyer - at the right price.

frequent
July 2nd, 2018, 06:46
By drug criminals, do you mean those who shoplift Anusol, Mogadon, sterafix and Milk of Magnesia from Boots the Chemist?I was thinking peddlers of tobacco (nicotine is more addictive than heroin - google it if you don't believe me) and alcohol (major cause of domestic abuse - again, google it)

frequent
July 2nd, 2018, 06:47
I can't see a buyer parting with £1,000,000 for the purchase of the Venue. I am fond of the hotel and of the show (despite the number of lipsync kathoeys) but 1M ?? It will, I believe, find a buyer - at the right price.It's actually USD not GBP but still outrageously priced

kittyboy
July 2nd, 2018, 12:55
At a price of 1 million usd the return on investment adjusted for risk would need to be about 20-30%assuming a long term lease - not a purchase. At a required 20 return on investment the business would need to generate 200'000 usd profit a year. To generate 200,000 usd profit the gross sales would need to be 500,000 usd assuming a 40% gross margin. I have no idea if that business generates close to that level of revenue.

Oliver2
July 2nd, 2018, 13:23
Are there any gay men who go to shows to see lip-syncing khatoeys? Or do they, like me in the days of Copa, go to watch the guys dance, barely glancing at the "stars" of the show?

a447
July 2nd, 2018, 13:42
Like you, Oliver2, I focus solely on the dancers. They are the only thing that makes those acts bearable.

I don't understand why owners of gay clubs think the majority of gay men want to see guys dressed as women. Most gay guys, I'd imagine, would be far more interested in paying to see guys with hot bodies on stage.

I'll take a six-pack over boobs, fake or otherwise, any day.

arsenal
July 2nd, 2018, 14:27
X-Boys realised this and had the simple but brilliant idea of getting the go go boys to be the show. On more than one ocassion I offed a boy due to his sensual performance.

Oliver2
July 2nd, 2018, 16:35
Throb was remarkably successful in attracting both gays and straights. Its mixture of comedy and sexy dance, performed by an all-male troupe - before the increase in the number of Chinese tourists- appealed to those of us who were in Pattaya for the guys. There were occasions when some of them adopted female attire ( invariably, as I recall, the same pale green dress)- but for comic purposes. No one pretended that we fancied Khun Oh when he did his Barcelona number; we just laughed.
I find it odd because khatoeys are of interest to straights rather than gays so why have they taken over the gay show-scene? At one stage there were three such shows being performed almost simultaneously in Boyztown, two of which were drawing derisory audiences.
Times have changed, the punters have changed....but I wonder whether an an-male group would bring more custom to Boyztown?

paborn
July 2nd, 2018, 20:49
I fondly remember a bar in Saphan Kwai decades ago ( wild west boys???) that had all boys performing. Sometimes, American westerns, but more often, Thai historical dramas. They were wonderful and promoted off's for the guys.

All my traveling years it has been the same refrain. Not just in Thailand, in Latin America as well. Who wants the lip synching trannies? Not a single person I have ever met; one of the grerat mysteries of gay venues is why they continue.

Jellybean
July 2nd, 2018, 22:39
Following receipt of a report from a member via the red triangle alert system about some posts in this topic, they have been moved to the Everything Else forum under the title, At my age I can only offer boobs.

A quick link is below:

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?20005-At-my-age-I-can-only-offer-boobs

poshglasgow
July 2nd, 2018, 22:59
Throb was remarkably successful in attracting both gays and straights. Its mixture of comedy and sexy dance, performed by an all-male troupe - before the increase in the number of Chinese tourists- appealed to those of us who were in Pattaya for the guys. There were occasions when some of them adopted female attire ( invariably, as I recall, the same pale green dress)- but for comic purposes. No one pretended that we fancied Khun Oh when he did his Barcelona number; we just laughed.
I find it odd because khatoeys are of interest to straights rather than gays so why have they taken over the gay show-scene? At one stage there were three such shows being performed almost simultaneously in Boyztown, two of which were drawing derisory audiences.
Times have changed, the punters have changed....but I wonder whether an an-male group would bring more custom to Boyztown?

I really think it would, Oliver.

poshglasgow
July 2nd, 2018, 23:07
Do the fans of Throb among us recall the dancer who was seriously well-nourished to Billy Bunter proportions and who would suddenly shock the audience by completing perfect cartwheels - all twenty stone of him!! He used to get a great cheer when he performed.

Can you recall the boys dancing to 'Thriller', wearing skeleton suits that lit up the white bones on the suits under UV light?

It was over 20 years ago but I still recall, with a shudder, those boys who squatted on stage and laid eggs into glasses of water. PLOP!

scottish-guy
July 3rd, 2018, 00:15
I'm sure there were two morbidly obese dancers who did the cartwheels in Throb - one originally then his/her replacement. Original was better.
I also recall the Thriller routine and the Titanic routine. Not to mention "The Dog"
I think you're mixing the eggs up with another bar - I can't imagine that being Throb's style.
Every time I hear the James Bond theme I think of Throb as that was the intro music to their shows.

poshglasgow
July 3rd, 2018, 02:48
I'm sure there were two morbidly obese dancers who did the cartwheels in Throb - one originally then his/her replacement. Original was better.
I also recall the Thriller routine and the Titanic routine. Not to mention "The Dog"
I think you're mixing the eggs up with another bar - I can't imagine that being Throb's style.
Every time I hear the James Bond theme I think of Throb as that was the intro music to their shows.

Absolutely right: there were two sumo wrestlers and the first was the nation's favourite.

The egg routine was, indeed, in the Sunee area (not Throb), way back in the early nineties when there were a few clubs with special show bars 'upstairs'. I've been trying to remember where they were and I keep getting flashbacks to an area in Soi VC across from Forest House. And, of course, there was a sleezy upstairs bar (now gone), Tom Yum(?), next to Forest House. I'm sure that was one of the egg-laying clubs of yesteryear. I think I'm right in saying that eggs weren't the only things to be laid in that club!

There was a string of secretive, dubious establishments in Soi VC at the height of the Yaba wars of the late nineties, with gangs of kids charging through the sois with lumps of wood etc with which to club their opponents. Their hideouts were along Soi VC, many with only a curtain to tone down their entrance. It seemed that not a week passed without some serious gang incident involving screaming voices, motorcycles, knives and other weapons. The dead giveaway was when the money boys spilled out of the clubs / go-go bars, looking, like meerkats, in the same direction, along the soi. Something was up or about to happen and they knew what it was.

Now, sadly, it's a ghost town. I watched a bored cockroach slowly kicking a peanut along the gutter outside Sunee Plaza bar, celebrating the fact that there were few, if any, farang around to attempt to smash its head in with the heal of their shoe (on in some cases their stiletto)! Even the mice, who had removed their overalls, looked around and whispered: "Quiet, isn't it?"

scottish-guy
July 3rd, 2018, 03:55
One of the "egg" bars in Sunee was Super Queen.

I'll say no more lest I get into trouble for being off-topic on my own fucking thread.

Oliver2
July 3rd, 2018, 14:52
The original "well-proportioned" guy at Throb was Khun Oh. He was very popular and, over the years, his role in the show became more important. After a few years at Throb, he went to South Korea to further his career and was replaced by a stand-in, the partner of a Throb dancer. This couple were there in the early days of Throb, the guy eventually becoming a waiter. I think that Khun Oh returned to Throb, disappointed, to resume his role as a big (very big) fish in a small pool.
There were times when it was impossible to get a seat there, even when large number of tiny, uncomfortable stools were brought out.
Happy days! Some of us have indeed "heard the chimes at midnight."

As far as Super Queen is concerned (and, by the way, it is still boarded-up after twenty years) my recollection is that it was a boy and girl bar and that its clientele was mainly of mixed Asian coach parties. There was a well-publicised police raid that closed it. It never reopened.

Marsilius
July 3rd, 2018, 17:52
I fondly remember a bar in Saphan Kwai decades ago ( wild west boys???) that had all boys performing. Sometimes, American westerns, but more often, Thai historical dramas. They were wonderful and promoted off's for the guys.

You're referring, I think, to the very fondly remembered Midnight Cowboy bar.

As for Super Queen, mentioned above, the off-able staff were, I think, all boys. Girls were, though, introduced for some of the cabaret routines (live sex on top of the bar, dart-projecting-from-fanny, etc.) both for the sake of variety and, I imagine, to offer some extra stimulation to some of the more overtly hetero boys (who included, as I've mentioned elsewhere, two very handsome brothers).

scottish-guy
July 3rd, 2018, 18:35
As Mary Hopkin famously sang - Those Were The Days!

colmx
July 4th, 2018, 03:24
The original "well-proportioned" guy at Throb was Khun Oh. He was very popular and, over the years, his role in the show became more important. .
As far as I recall, Oh started out as the Throb Laundry Girl... her job was to clean the costumes

One day she did a bit of a dance, impressed the owners and they added her into the routines

dab69
July 4th, 2018, 04:47
So both the Venue and LCR were asking $1.5M.
Is the Venue the better value?

Sorry for the OT post...

scottish-guy
July 4th, 2018, 05:00
Good question - LCR needs a lot of refurb within the rooms whereas Venue is more moderrn with a pool etc.

Up till recently you’d have definitely said LCR was better location but BT seems to be dying on its feet and Jomtiem seems to be going up - according to the boards

poshglasgow
July 4th, 2018, 05:22
"...number of tiny, uncomfortable stools were brought out."

Eh, was that part of the act? Did it en'tail' the boy squatting? Was the stage, once the stools were removed, disinfected directly afterwards?

The definition of pathologists: They who sit on stools carefully examining others!

scottish-guy
July 4th, 2018, 05:34
Be fair Poshglasgow - for many of the elderly farangs in the audience the arrangement of the bar seating in Throb represented their only chance of passing a stool in the entire month

gumblebee
July 4th, 2018, 05:37
The ad also says 'freehold' but that can't be accurate because of the land ownership laws in Thailand.

I've heard this before. I understand there's some sort of Condo Association for the Jomtien Complex.

poshglasgow
July 4th, 2018, 05:50
Good question - LCR needs a lot of refurb within the rooms whereas Venue is more moderrn with a pool etc.

Up till recently you’d have definitely said LCR was better location but BT seems to be dying on its feet and Jomtiem seems to be going up - according to the boards

Agree with SG here. My personal opinion is that Jomtien has shown us the future of gay Pattaya.

Incidentally, there is much work going on in the small building between the Venue and my favourite bar @Home. I asked Zack (big boss @Home) what it was all about and it appears that it is going to be a hotel boasting super-duper robotic bogs (toilets) that are destined to take over the whole process of hygiene (Japanese style) by wiping your arse mechanically and then jet spraying said nether-regions with a pressure hose, guaranteed to lift you twenty-five feet into the air!! Mmmmm, nice!

I am reminded of a joke of Billy Connolly. He was talking about the Scottish parent's infatuation with the state of their children's underpants for fear that they may be hit by a bus and end up in Hospital.

"I'm away oot, mammy."
"Where are you going, Stevie? Have you got clean pants on because if you get hit by a bus, the doctors and nurses will see your pants, and if they're not clean they'll think that we're .....etc.etc."
"Yes, mammy, I've they brand new ones on."
"Och well, off you go then and enjoy yourself: and mind the roads."

Later that afternoon, Stevie is hit by a number 44 bus in Cathcart (Glasgow), as he steps out in front of it without thinking. Fortunately, he's so close to the Victoria Infirmary that he can be carried straight there by members of the public.

He undergoes an eight-hour operation to repair his crushed body, at the end of which the surgeon emerges from the operating theatre to speak with Stevie's mother.
"Hello, are you Stevie's mother?"
"Oh, God, yes, doctor, yes, please, please tell me how my son is?"
"Well, I can tell you that after many hours under the knife he is stable and is expected to make a full recovery."
"Oh, doctor, thank you, thank you. You don't know what this means to me."
"Don't mention it: it's all part of the job. Oh, and incidentally, Stevie's underpants were a fucking disgrace!"

poshglasgow
July 4th, 2018, 06:01
"As far as I recall, Oh started out as the Throb Laundry Girl..."

That's right, because while her fellow dancers were parading around Pattayland Soi 3, holding the ubiquitous "SHOW TIME NOW" signs , she was bouncing up and down with a large sign that clearly displayed the words: DROP YOUR PANTS HERE!"

Jellybean
July 5th, 2018, 01:38
This topic has been split and some posts have been moved to the Everything Else forum under the title, Billy Connolly - Scotland.

A quick link is below:

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?20017-Billy-Connolly-Scotland

scottish-guy
July 5th, 2018, 03:45
Its MY TOPIC!!!!

Jesus fucking Christ

paborn
July 5th, 2018, 04:01
Scottish- Guy, the "topic" went sideways long ago. There were so many diversions it's hard to even navigate. One thing, what is LCR? I gather it's a hotel but which?

Marsilius
July 5th, 2018, 04:34
LCR = Le Cafe Royal in Boyztown.

scottish-guy
July 5th, 2018, 04:34
Le Cafe Royale (its original name)

I know the topic went sideways a long time ago Paborn - but if the actual *author* of the topic isnt bothered (ie ME) why should anybody else be?

paborn
July 5th, 2018, 05:55
LCR - yes, Id forgotten the first name. No, you should not, I was just commenting that I coukld no longer understand or follow - UK comedians is a subject I miss the nuances of. Just saying..... our diversions are, often, amazing.

scottish-guy
July 5th, 2018, 14:25
Yes, I can accept that - but there is a only so long that people can continue commenting on-topic to what is essentially a property advertisement.