PDA

View Full Version : The Chinese.

arsenal
June 27th, 2018, 09:36
I read that Panorama has been bought by a Chinese man. This is the future, more and more Chinese will take over businesses in Pattaya both straight and gay. The recent economic history of China has aped the west but in a much faster form. From state owned everything to almost pure capitalism in under 40 years is incredibly fast. Now China is full of middle aged people who've made a bit of money and fancy a different life. Up steps Pattaya to offer exactly that. The gay bars of Pattaya rarely made much money but they gave their owners a working sabbatical from their home countrirs for a few years. If the Chinese model continues on the path it's followed for decades then we can expect plenty of them to do the same. So, if you hear of a Chinese man buying a gay bar in Pattaya you should rejoice because this might, just might be the second coming for all of us who holiday there.

a447
June 27th, 2018, 16:50
I just wish they'd discover Sunee!

Nirish guy
June 27th, 2018, 17:12
Lets hope not as surely we can do without row upon row of illegal "for chinese only" gambling dens masquerading as Chinese restaurants there too like most other cities the Chinese operate in ? Lets face it, here in the uk at least, the Chinese businesses aren;'t exactly known for providing a warm welcome to outsiders other than eat your meal and go now please.

paborn
June 27th, 2018, 19:53
That's interesting. In the US I never felt that way in our China Towns. But then, we have a Chinese culture that has been here since Gold rush days.

gerefan2
June 28th, 2018, 00:13
I read that Panorama has been bought by a Chinese man. .

Are you referring to the Panorama thread? That went off topic and says the Ambiance had been bought by Chinese.

If there is something else published, about Panorama, I would like to see it.

arsenal
June 28th, 2018, 01:51
Oh OK. My error in that particular case but I stand by my predictions for the rest. I can't see it not happening.

latintopxxx
June 28th, 2018, 07:16
boyztown and sunnee are dying...what do u care who buys in??? Might just revive the place.

poshglasgow
June 30th, 2018, 02:50
I read that Panorama has been bought by a Chinese man. This is the future, more and more Chinese will take over businesses in Pattaya both straight and gay. The recent economic history of China has aped the west but in a much faster form. From state owned everything to almost pure capitalism in under 40 years is incredibly fast. Now China is full of middle aged people who've made a bit of money and fancy a different life. Up steps Pattaya to offer exactly that. The gay bars of Pattaya rarely made much money but they gave their owners a working sabbatical from their home countrirs for a few years. If the Chinese model continues on the path it's followed for decades then we can expect plenty of them to do the same. So, if you hear of a Chinese man buying a gay bar in Pattaya you should rejoice because this might, just might be the second coming for all of us who holiday there.

I understand that the prospective Chinese buyer's balls are slightly out of alignment. His name? Wan Hung Lo!

scottish-guy
June 30th, 2018, 03:01
I will never patronise any Chinese owned establishment ever since I was sworn at and told to leave by a waiter as I waited for an espresso at the end of my meal!

He strode right up to my table, cup in hand, looked me straight in the face and said in pidgin English You Fuck Offee?

Cheeky bastard

:yahoo_mini:

frequent
June 30th, 2018, 09:55
I will never patronise any Chinese owned establishment ever since I was sworn at and told to leave by a waiter as I waited for an espresso at the end of my meal!

He strode right up to my table, cup in hand, looked me straight in the face and said in pidgin English You Fuck Offee?

Cheeky bastard

:yahoo_mini:The response surely is "You offee?"

poshglasgow
July 2nd, 2018, 23:27
The response surely is "You offee?"

I recall a Chinese student on work experience on a dairy farm. His first job was shoveling cow manure out of the cow byres onto a growing mountain of shit behind him. His nickname? Who Flung Dung!

scottish-guy
July 3rd, 2018, 00:00
Do you get your jokes out of Xmas crackers?

I know I do

:drink:

sglad
July 3rd, 2018, 20:33
I just wish they'd discover Sunee!

Ohh I think they left kindergarten years ago and have moved on to other things since then.

a447
July 4th, 2018, 21:22
I beg to differ, given the number of gay Chinese sex tourists in Thailand.

You need to get out more often.

Marsilius
July 8th, 2018, 01:08

Cheeky bastard

:yahoo_mini:

Others have quite contrary experiences in Chinese restaurants (though you have to use a cod non-PC "Chinese" accent in order to fully appreciate this particular exchange...

Outraged customer: "Waiter! This chicken is rubbery!"
Waiter: "Oh, thank you velly much, sir!"