PDA

View Full Version : Karaoke bars...gay?

Bert
June 17th, 2018, 16:51
I never visited a Karaoke bar in Thailand, nor in the rest of Asia.
I don't know if those are really gay meeting places.

Are there boys to meet? Nudity? Show? Money boys?
Thanks for info about some places in Thailand or other Asian countries.

Marsilius
June 17th, 2018, 17:52
It is a long time since I've been to a karaoke bar in Thailand. Back then (15-20 years ago?), however, they operated in a standard fashion with no nudity or shows.

But, at least in the Pattaya establishments and those in the predictable areas of Bangkok, the boy attendants who brought you the microphone were certainly offable. Karaoke is no fun on your own so I assume that you'll be taking a party - and if that includes some boys you've met in bars they will negotiate the transaction with the (often non-English speaking) attendants.

arsenal
June 17th, 2018, 19:47
Some Karaoke boys can be offed but most won't. Sadly.

scottish-guy
June 17th, 2018, 20:18
It's rather a mistake to assume all Thais working in entertainment establishments are up for commercial sex.

I remember a friend of mine propositioning the housekeeping lady (yes, lady - he has strange tastes) in the old Siam Palace (?) gay hotel in Phuket. She was highly indignant and we spent the remainder of our holiday treading on eggshells :D

a447
June 17th, 2018, 20:42
I never cease to be amazed by the number of punters who think all guys in Thailand are available for their pleasure - at a price, of course.

Wishful thinking, at best.

I wonder if they think that guys in all countries are for sale, or is it just the case in Thailand?

Nirish guy
June 17th, 2018, 20:55
In some of the host karaoke bars they have "parade" of guys up on stage that you can ask to come join you at your table for company / drinks / singing. I'm actually not sure what the official policy re "offing" them is as I'm assuming that's not the general intent of the bar, however somehow my thai friends who looked after such things always seemed to ensure that a few of them ended up back with us at the end of the night I seemed to find.

gerefan2
June 18th, 2018, 01:34
I have been to many Karaoke bars in Pattaya and have come to some conclusions.

Firstly, they are not gay establishments by any means. You will always find many girls and groups in there. Mostly straight.
Gays are of course welcome.

The boys will come and sit with you for 200 baht and a drink. Until the next stage rotation. Usually an hour.

Some may be offable although most aren’t.

Very few are gay. If they were they would work in BT, Sunnee etc. Very few speak English well.

So if you are looking to take a guy off, best look elsewhere.

Karaokes are good fun but are in no way alternative Gogo bars!

Bert
June 18th, 2018, 04:43
Thanks for the useful information!

AsDaRa
June 18th, 2018, 09:57
I never cease to be amazed by the number of punters who think all guys in Thailand are available for their pleasure - at a price, of course.

Wishful thinking, at best.

I wonder if they think that guys in all countries are for sale, or is it just the case in Thailand?

I think indeed as good as everyone is for sale. Only in our countries the prize is far higher. I think a 20 year old Farang would have sex with a 90 year old if he was paid 10.000 EUR for it and certainly if he was paid 100.000 EUR.

In third world countries the prize is lower. But almost everyone has a prize. I am for sale. Not that someone would want me, a 46 year old Farang. But if some 80 year old where to pay me 5000 EUR I would overcome my disgust for an hour for sure.

paborn
June 18th, 2018, 22:07
Actually, this post says more about you than most people care to reveal..........

AsDaRa
June 19th, 2018, 11:59
Actually, this post says more about you than most people care to reveal..........

What does it say about me? That I am honest?

You deny the overwhelming majority is for sale? Let’s do a test. Pick a random 20 year old from the streets of London and ask him if he wants one hour sex with a 80 year old in return for 10.000 pounds. Everything remaining discreet. No one will find out. My bet is he will accept the offer? What is your bet?

a447
June 19th, 2018, 15:12
You deny the overwhelming majority is for sale? Let’s do a test. Pick a random 20 year old from the streets of London and ask him if he wants one hour sex with a 80 year old in return for 10.000 pounds. Everything remaining discreet. No one will find out. My bet is he will accept the offer? What is your bet?

You've taken a situation a lot further along the path than was intended.

I wasn't talking about guys being offered 100,000 Euros for sex; I was referring to guys in Thailand who are willing to go with your average farang sex tourist. My point was that not all are.

Whether or not a guy would have sex with someone for an outrageous sum of money is a different issue.

frequent
June 19th, 2018, 15:15

I wasn't talking about guys being offered 100,000 Euros for sex; I was referring to guys in Thailand who are willing to go with your average farang sex tourist. My point was that not all are.

Whether or not a guy would have sex with someone for an outrageous sum of money is a different issue.

AsDaRa should conduct his own research and report back. I think a sample size of 500 should be adequate

AsDaRa
June 19th, 2018, 15:43

Yes. You are right. For middle class Thai boys 1000 baht is not an amount for which they would sell their body. So indeed for the prizes we expect to find company you can not assume all Thai boys are available. But in Pattaya my experience is that nearly all boys in the apps (in the bars it is normal they are available) are money boys. No idea how it is with random boys in the street. Only one time I approached a cute twink on the street and took him to hotel, but I am not into that habit because it feels weird. All my other company is from bars and apps and you rarely get a “no” reply.

scottish-guy
June 19th, 2018, 21:14
The following anecdote is well known and has been attributed to many famous men, but this version is the earliest recorded (1937) and seems apposite here:

“They are telling this of Lord Beaverbrook and a visiting Yankee actress.
In a game of hypothetical questions, Beaverbrook asked the lady: ‘Would you live with a stranger if he paid you one million pounds?’
She said she would.
And if be paid you five pounds?’
The irate lady fumed: ‘Five pounds. What do you think I am?’
Beaverbrook replied: ‘We’ve already established that. Now we are trying to determine the degree.”

paborn
June 19th, 2018, 22:38
I always thought it was, " determine the price".

gerefan2
June 19th, 2018, 23:28
I thought it went...

The irate lady fumed: ‘Five pounds. What do you think I am, a whore?’
Beaverbrook replied: ‘We’ve already established that.

scottish-guy
June 20th, 2018, 02:15
There are many other versions and attributed to various other people from Churchill to Groucho Marx - but I'm satisfied the version above predates those

Transport yourself back to 1937 - "whore" would not be printed in a newspaper and "live with" rings true as what might be used as a euphemism for "sleep with"

Feel free to research - you can be damn sure I did before posting here and subjecting myself to questioning from you lot.

:D

frequent
June 20th, 2018, 06:44
I thought it went...

The irate lady fumed: ‘Five pounds. What do you think I am, a whore?’
Beaverbrook replied: ‘We’ve already established that.

Here's the full discussion of the origins - https://quoteinvestigator.com/2012/03/07/haggling/

What a friend we have in Google

Nirish guy
June 20th, 2018, 07:42

All our sins and briefs and Bears,

All because we do not message,

All our twins to do in pairs ?? :)

See, this is EXACTLY why these pesky Presbyterians don't want us damned fornicating gays in their churches anymore ! :)

scottish-guy
June 20th, 2018, 14:07
Here's the full discussion of the origins - https://quoteinvestigator.com/2012/03/07/haggling/

Thanks Frequent, Quote Investigator was exactly my source prior to posting.

Maybe LatintopXXX will be along shortly to tell us it's "fake news"

:drink:

frequent
June 20th, 2018, 14:20
Maybe LatintopXXX will be along shortly to tell us it's "fake news" On his own admission, Latintopxxx is the Forum's own "fake poster"