PDA

View Full Version : Fun on snap with viking bear?

vikingbear
June 13th, 2018, 03:40
Post deleted - inappropriate content.

Jellybean

cdnmatt
June 13th, 2018, 03:43
Let me guess, some 19 year old girl from some prude society in the US / UK or similar, religious, and who wants to name and shame gay sex tourists on her new web site?

gerefan2
June 13th, 2018, 04:06
I don’t know why mods approve these posts.
Last time when I queried why new posters were not supervised for a period I was reassured that they were.
If they really are being monitored ( rather than the robot doing it) , what’s gone wrong?

Smiles
June 13th, 2018, 04:13
Pretty sure that even the mods cannot instantaneously catch onto new members who are up to no good on first post.
Give them a chance and within a short time this thread will be gone. Meanwhile, laugh heartily at the weirdo OP.
Don't worry Gerefan, you will not dissolve into the ground in the meantime. Cover your eyes if you must.

Nirish guy
June 13th, 2018, 04:15
Nasa super computer said "yes' apparently ?? (certainly in this case anyway it seems !). But don't worry there's 3 Mods appointed to avoid exactly such situations happening so no need to panic.....although.......as it hasn't been spotted PERHAPS we need MORE Mod's !?

So, there's 24 hours in a day and we can't ALL be online every hour so if we all take an hour each that should about cover it......now, where to find 24 actual "live" members, hmmm whats an owner to do eh, tough one ! ;)

And Smiles was it not that all new posters first few posts are monitored before being allowed to hit the board ?? Perhaps not ? As you say no doubt it'll disappear shortly - or not?

Speaking of a lack of Mod's - oh look, ain't it funny just how the board has been running perfectly well of late without someone's constant "moderating" and funny too how all those wonderful infartion points aren't needed in the slightest. Strange that eh. It seems someone stepping down and cutting out all the crap was all that was needed after all it seems. Well done that man, best Moderating decision you ever made.

Smiles
June 13th, 2018, 04:23
And Smiles was it not that all new posters first few posts are monitored before being allowed to hit the board ??Not when Sawatdee was mine. We were flying by our pants in the beginning, and very naive. We thought naughty behavior was adorable.
Trump has spoiled all that now.

Oops ... it's gone. Nuked by Jellybean.

Now there's a feature we didn't have: on the original board Mods could delete by post, except the Original Post.
Delete the OP ... you automatically delete the entire thread. I like this feature here better.

Jellybean
June 13th, 2018, 04:58
I don’t know why mods approve these posts.
Last time when I queried why new posters were not supervised for a period I was reassured that they were.
If they really are being monitored ( rather than the robot doing it) , what’s gone wrong?

I am really sorry about post #1, I am not entirely sure how it got through the net. I did notice it after cdnmatt posted his comment at post #2 and tried to delete the post, but instead I deleted the whole thread. I tried again to delete the post, but again only succeeded in deleting the whole thread, with other members comments, which I did not want to do. In the end, I just edited the offending post.

I have left a report for Moses to see tomorrow. Clearly, I must do better and again offer my apologies for not deleting post #1 sooner.

Nirish guy
June 13th, 2018, 05:55
What a nice post from Jelly. Well you get full marks points for trying if nothing else JB.

arsenal
June 13th, 2018, 08:29
Try and relax a little NIrish. After all you're soon leaving your 'boyfriend' behind and going on your mammoth South East Asian fuckfest, just as you did last year so you've plenty to look forward to. No doubt you'll be enthralling us with your conquests. Can't wait.

gerefan2
June 13th, 2018, 09:32
Jellyman
Is there any reason why say the first six or ten posts, by a newby, cannot be held whilst being positively vetted by a mod? Even if it takes a day or two. After 6 or 10 acceptable posts let them go ‘solo’.

I know many boards that do exactly this.

After all how many new posters do we have?

And perhaps even more relevant, how many newby’s immediately cause trouble?!!

If needs be can’t your programme be changed?
QED.

Nirish guy
June 13th, 2018, 15:05
.....No doubt you'll be enthralling us with your conquests. Can't wait.

Well I was considering starting to give exciting restaurant reviews on microwaved lasagne served with with that age old chefs trick of sprinkling cheese over it when just out of the microwave to fool those who think they know anything about food - but obviously don’t - but I see someone else already beat me to it so I’ll leave that high end reporting stuff up to them then.

Hilarious !!! Microwaved lasagne being superb indeed, ha ha chefs all over Pattaya must be quaking in their boots when reviewers with such food knowledge come in to their third rate eateries :-)

But please, do carry on, as we all enjoy a good laugh here.

arsenal
June 13th, 2018, 15:27
Like I said, I can't wait until you start posting about your sex tourist activities. I'm really looking forward to it. Are you visiting The Philipines?

Nirish guy
June 13th, 2018, 15:38
Are you visiting The Philipines?

I'm not aware of any such place ? Perhaps you maybe mean the Philippines ? And no, only 5 other places, but dont worry I'll still be able to log on and read your interesting and informative "restaurant reviews" - to remind me where definitely NOT to dine, especially when one of your grading criteria seems to be things like "they served "fresh" bread on the table" WOW, imagine - or are you more used to dining in places where the bread usually just isn't fresh perhaps ? Ewww :-(

arsenal
June 13th, 2018, 15:49
Is that all you've got. Haha. I'll keep my powder dry. For now.

Nirish guy
June 13th, 2018, 16:21
All I've got ? As I was always told never to enter a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent I think you can rest safely there old chap.

arsenal
June 13th, 2018, 16:30
Who was "always" telling you that. It's poor advice if you ask me. Which you didn't.

Nirish guy
June 13th, 2018, 17:11
My Mother - a very smart woman my mother .......go on, I DARE you to speak ill of my dear 82 year old mother as THAT would be a bridge too far for sure ! :)

arsenal
June 13th, 2018, 17:17
For maximum sport the legendary Arsenal recommends doing battle with an opponent who is armed but less formidably than oneself, hence here I am doing battle with you.

scottish-guy
June 13th, 2018, 17:33
I... tried to delete the post, but instead I deleted the whole thread. I tried again to delete the post, but again only succeeded in deleting the whole thread, with other members comments, which I did not want to do. In the end, I just edited the offending post...

Now that reminds me of an occasion I tried to delete a post and I ended up deleting not only the intended post but a reply to it from Fountainhall - and as you know there is a safeguard dialogue box but if you fuck that up too then once the post is gone, it's gone! (or at least that used to be the case)

Well I think it was about a year before Fountainhall would accept that it was entirely accidental!

Can I just add that with the deletion of the OP nobody coming later knows what the thread is about.

:D

arsenal
June 13th, 2018, 17:50
Was that during your Oh! so brief tenure as Neals lackey/mod? How did that go?

Jellybean
June 13th, 2018, 21:08
. . . Now there's a feature we didn't have: on the original board Mods could delete by post, except the Original Post.
Delete the OP ... you automatically delete the entire thread. I like this feature here better.

Thank you Smiles for the information contained in the above quote. I wish I had known that at the time as I attempted three times to delete the OP, without deleting the subsequent five posts by you and other members, something I was determined not to do.

What a nice post from Jelly. Well you get full marks points for trying if nothing else JB.

And thanks also NIrish-guy. Your comments are much appreciated.

Jellyman
Is there any reason why say the first six or ten posts, by a newby, cannot be held whilst being positively vetted by a mod? Even if it takes a day or two. After 6 or 10 acceptable posts let them go ‘solo’.

I know many boards that do exactly this.

After all how many new posters do we have?

And perhaps even more relevant, how many newby’s immediately cause trouble?!!

If needs be can’t your programme be changed?
QED.

You are correct gerefan2, the first five posts of new members are normally vetted and approved by a moderator before they are allowed on Sawatdee for precisely the reason we saw yesterday. It occurred during my watch, but I did not however vet or approve the OP and do not understand why or how it made its way on to the forum. It is something that we are currently looking into.

Jellybean
June 13th, 2018, 21:23
Now that reminds me of an occasion I tried to delete a post and I ended up deleting not only the intended post but a reply to it from Fountainhall - and as you know there is a safeguard dialogue box but if you fuck that up too then once the post is gone, it's gone! (or at least that used to be the case)

Well I think it was about a year before Fountainhall would accept that it was entirely accidental!

Can I just add that with the deletion of the OP nobody coming later knows what the thread is about.

:D

Yes, I recall that episode scottish-guy. In fact, I always bear it in mind every time my finger hovers over a button choosing, what I hope will be, the correct moderating action available to me.

I also understand your point scottish-guy. The choice I was left with was to either edit the OP or delete the OP and the five subsequent posts by other members. The latter option was a route I was most unwilling to go down. I therefore chose to edit the OP and leave the rest of the thread intact, which, in true SGT style has, I see, morphed into something else entirely. And as can be seen, Moses sometime later banned the new member.

As for the content of the OP, of course it is something we should now not discuss. But by looking at the title of the topic and filling in the dots, I believe you will pretty soon, if you have not already done so, establish what was contained within the deleted post.

Lastly, I have probably said way more than is normally done in cases of this type, so I hope members will understand when I say that I now have nothing further to add on the subject.

Nirish guy
June 13th, 2018, 22:44
Opps I've just (barely) noticed the so called penis in that pic, not sure if that's allowed or not ( does it cover soft or hard .....or just VERY small and gross in the rules, I dont know) - if it's in breach feel free to delete JB.

Jellybean
June 14th, 2018, 00:00
Opps I've just (barely) noticed the so called penis in that pic, not sure if that's allowed or not ( does it cover soft or hard .....or just VERY small and gross in the rules, I dont know) - if it's in breach feel free to delete JB.

Until you mentioned the 'p' word NIrish-guy, I thought I had seen a button mushroom. ;)

I think I shall pass the decision on to Moses and leave it up to him to decide. Maybe he can pixelate or crop the photo or he may well decide to leave it in place.

Smiles
June 14th, 2018, 00:09
To small to crop. To help protect members from gagging "en masse" (and suing Moses) I suggest a deep six ... NOW!

Nirish guy
June 14th, 2018, 00:50
Totally off topic ( i there ever was one ) but Smiles can I ask just out of interest where that saying “to deep six” something comes from - I assume it means to delete or bin or heavily “file” something never to be found again type thing ?

Smiles
June 14th, 2018, 04:54
" ... where that saying “to deep six” something comes from ... "
It's an old English nautical saying regarding keeping a watch on the depth within which a large boat is sailing: 6 fathoms shouted out tells the captain whether there's trouble a-brewing or not.
Jump to the 20th century and it has taken the same phrase and changed it a bit into "something that is discarded". The mafia uses it as well, i.e. tossing a weighted-down dead body into the drink, along with the fishes.

Nirish guy
June 14th, 2018, 05:30
Ahh I see, well there ya go. Learn something new every day eh. Thanks.