PDA

View Full Version : First 'Man of Silom' contest 30 July

wowpow
July 25th, 2006, 11:23
info@pridefestival.org Add to Address Book
Subject: = Update Fundraising =

┬и┬┤├Л├Б├Т├В┬в├и├Т├ ├д┬╛├Г├м┬┤ || Pride's eNews
"┬║├Т┬з┬б├Н┬б├К├Б├Т┬ ┬й├С┬╣┬╖├м ├▓├╡├┤├╣" ├▓├╕ ┬╡.┬д. - ├╡ ┬╛.├В. ┬╖├Ш┬б┬╛├Ч├й┬╣┬╖├Х и├г┬╣┬б├Г├Ш┬з├а┬╖┬ ├Б├Л├Т┬╣┬д├Г
"Bangkok Together 2006" Oct. 28 - Nov. 5, All over Bangkok, Thailand.
(English in text format, please read below)
================================================== ===

* 30 ┬б├Г┬б┬о├Т┬д├Б ┬╣├Х├й ├а├Г├Ф├и├Б 20.00 ┬╣. ├а┬╗├з┬╣┬╡├й┬╣├д┬╗
"┬з├Т┬╣┬д├Г┬║├Г├Н┬║ 1 ┬╗├Х --├а┬┐├Г┬к┬║├Х┬к┬║├Н В-- "
┬л├Н├В┬╗├Г├Р┬╡├Щ┬к├ С├В ┬╢.├К├Ш├Г├З┬з├И├м

┬╛┬║┬б├Т├Г┬╗├Г├Р┬б З┬┤ "├К├Ш┬┤├В├Н┬┤┬к├Т├В├ Л┬╣├Ш├и├Б├б├Л├и┬з├К Х├Е├Б"
====================================
├Г├Т├В├д┬┤├й├К├и├З┬ ├Л┬╣├Ц├и┬з┬и├Т┬б┬б Т├Г┬╗├Г├Р┬б├З┬┤
├К├Б┬╖┬║├а┬в├й├Т├Н┬ з┬д├м┬б├Г├а┬╖├И┬б├Т Е├д┬╛├Г├м┬┤ ├а┬╛├Ч├и├Н├К┬╣├С┬║ К┬╣├Ш┬╣┬б├Т├Г┬╖├У┬ ├Т┬╣
┬в├Н┬з┬б├Е├Ш├и├Б/├Н┬з┬д├м┬б├Г┬╡├и├Т┬ ├ж ├а┬б├Х├и├В├З┬б├С┬║┬ ┬╣├Г├С┬б├а┬╛├И├а┬┤ Х├В├З┬б├С┬╣
====================================
├Г├Т├В├Е├Р├а├Н├Х├В┬ ┬┤├Щ┬╖├Х├и
http://2006.pridefestival.org/component ... /extid,51/ (http://2006.pridefestival.org/component/option,com_extcalendar/Itemid,27/extmode,view/extid,51/)

├г┬д├Г├В├С┬з├д├Б├и├д ┬┤├й├К├Б├С┬д├Г / ├В├С┬з├д├Б├и├д┬┤├й├ ├и┬з├а┬┤├з┬б├г┬╣├К С┬з┬б├С┬┤├а┬в├й├Т┬╗ ├Г├Р┬б├З┬┤... ├В├С┬з┬╛├Н├Б├Х├а├З├ ├Т
┬╡├Ф┬┤┬╡├и├Н Fresh Beach Boy: 0 2637 1156, ┬д├Ш┬│├З├Ф┬╖├В├м: 0 9491 7890, 0 9766 6228

-----------------------------------

Planed for party at the end of July?

July 30, 2006, 08.00 pm. Onwards

The First Anniversary of Fresh Beach Boy, Soi. Pratuchai, Suriwong Road

Fundraising for Pride Festival with,
=The First Man of Silom Contest=
Who will be the first for Silom area!

For more details, please visit:
http://2006.pridefestival.org/component ... /extid,51/ (http://2006.pridefestival.org/component/option,com_extcalendar/Itemid,27/extmode,view/extid,51/)

or contact:
Fresh Beach Boy: 0 2637 1156, Khun Wit: 0 9491 7890, 0 9766 6228

< Pride Festival Info >
info@pridefestival.org
-----------------------------
├Н┬з┬д├м┬б├Г├а┬╖├И┬ ├Т├Е├д┬╛├Г├м┬┤ "┬║├Т┬з┬б├Н┬б├К├Б├Т┬ ┬й├С┬╣┬╖├м ├▓├╡├┤├╣"
├▓├╕ ┬╡├Ш├Е├Т┬д├Б ┬╢├Ц┬з ├╡ ┬╛├Д├И┬и├Ф┬б├Т├В┬╣ ┬╖├С├и├З┬б├Г├Ш┬з├а┬ ┬╛├Б├Л├Т┬╣┬д├Г
Pride Festival Organization, "Bangkok Together 2006"
28 Oct. - 5 Nov. All over Bangkok, Thailand.

*├В┬б├а├Е├Ф┬б┬и┬┤├Л├ Б├Т├В┬в├и├Т├З // To unsubscribe click here:
<http://www.pridefestival.org/cgi-bin/dada/mail.cgi/u/pnews/>
Pride Festival Organization:
6th Floor, The Beach Residence Building, Ratchadapisek Road, Dindaeng, Bangkok, Thailand 10310 //
┬к├С├й┬╣ 6 ├Н├Т┬д├Т├Г├а┬┤├Н├Р┬ ├Х┬к├а├Г├К┬л├Ф├а┬┤ ╣┬╖├м ┬╢.├Г├С┬к┬┤├Т├А├Ф├а Й┬б ├а┬в┬╡┬┤├Ф┬╣├б┬┤┬з ┬б├Г├Ш┬з├а┬╖┬╛├Б├Л├ Т┬╣┬д├Г 10310, Tel. 0-2691-5769 to 79
ext. 2901-2

================================================== ===

Only 5 days notice - I'll never get into peak condition in less than 7 days.

July 25th, 2006, 13:50
Has LMTU been appointed as PrideтАЩs Press Officer?

Seriously, look at their website. http://2006.pridefestival.org/component/option,com_contact/catid,12/Itemid,68/

You will see that there are 5 farangs on the committee holding positions entitled: тАШCommunicationтАЩ or тАШSpokespersonтАЩ or тАШPride Public RelationsтАЩ and a professional PR company as a sponsor. I am staggered that an organization like Pride Festival with that level of native English speaking ability chooses to put out press releases in 3rd grade Thaiglish.

What do these farangs do on the committee? :drunken:

July 25th, 2006, 14:24
Has LMTU been appointed as PrideтАЩs Press Officer?

Seriously, look at their website. http://2006.pridefestival.org/component/option,com_contact/catid,12/Itemid,68/

You will see that there are 5 farangs on the committee holding positions entitled: тАШCommunicationтАЩ or тАШSpokespersonтАЩ or тАШPride Public RelationsтАЩ and a professional PR company as a sponsor. I am staggered that an organization like Pride Festival with that level of native English speaking ability chooses to put out press releases in 3rd grade Thaiglish.

What do these farangs do on the committee? :drunken:

It appears that they are having a side competition, vying with Thai youth ages 13-18 for low I.Q. of the year. Maybe we can get UNICEF to recognize their plight.

wowpow
July 25th, 2006, 14:35
I am sort of pleased that the Thais have taken on the Pride Festival. It is very gracious that they publish in English at all. I wish them every success.

July 25th, 2006, 14:51
On second thought, the farang gentlemen of Pride Festival in Silom are not the only Forum posters meeting the challenges of life with quotients below eighty seven.

July 25th, 2006, 19:57
It is very gracious that they publish in English at all.

So why have they got all these farangs on the committee? ... decoration?

If they have farang committee members with responsibility for 'Communication' and 'PR' then why don't they use them?

TrongpaiExpat
July 25th, 2006, 20:26
am sort of pleased that the Thais have taken on the Pride Festival. It is very gracious that they publish in English at all. I wish them every success.

Something has to be done. Last year was dismal. The parade was two pick-up trucks, three katooies and some local school band without instruments. Balcony and a few other venues carried the whole event.

They need to relocate. Silom is no street for a parade especially when the police do not close it to traffic.

A few years back, when it was in fashion to close silom for pedestrian traffic there was a huge crowd, a stage and losta music.

I am not sure what happen? I hear different stories.

July 26th, 2006, 12:19
They need to relocate. Silom is no street for a parade especially when the police do not close it to traffic.

A few years back, when it was in fashion to close silom for pedestrian traffic there was a huge crowd, a stage and losta music.

couldn`t agree more. was pretty boring last 2 years. if not for Balcony would have been dreadful.

Smiles
July 26th, 2006, 13:20
" ... Silom is no street for a parade especially when the police do not close it to traffic ... "
One of the great understatements of the century I should think.
The Champs de L'ysee was closed for the penultimate day of the Tour de France . . . Pennsyvania Ave was shut down for the March of the Dwarfs (AKA the Ku Klux Klan) . . . why not Silom Rd for a drag queen procession?

Cheers ...

wowpow
July 29th, 2006, 09:23
"Balcony Pub & Restaurant" are supporting Pride Festival to
raise fund for organization/group that dedicated their work for
all Thai GLBT Men, Women and Transgender.

Spend only 200 Baht on food at the Balcony, they will donate
an addition 10% of your entire food and drinks bill to the fundraiser
efforts of Pride Festival.

The Pride committee was appreciated with this kindness recognition
of the varies of gender community in Thailand from - The Balcony -
So, they will have dinner there on this Sunday, July 30, 2006 at 8.00 pm.

If you are busy with work and have no time, this Sunday
would be great time for you to be part of people in Bangkok
who support -Pride Festival, Bangkok Together 2006.

After dinner, the Pride’s committee will walk to Soi. Pratuchai,
to be part of honor guests of "Fresh Beach Boyz" for its first anniversary.

"Fresh Beach Boyz" will be another fundraiser of the night!
Through their contest "The First Man of Silom"

For further information, please visit: http://www.PrideFestival.org

TrongpaiExpat
July 29th, 2006, 13:26
Let me clarify: Silom is a fine street in the grand sense of the spectacle of a parade but last year the police did not stop the traffic. The parade ran in one lane and buses, cars and trucks ran in the other in the same direction. Even in the parade lane, traffic was just parted a bit to insert the small parade.

In another year, with a huge crowd, when 7pm came around all the vendors pushed their way into the crowd to set up stalls on the sidewalk. There was a huge stage on silom but very difficult to see.

The authorities do know how to block a street if they want. You should have been here when all the visiting Royals were moving about town.