PDA

View Full Version : Yoo Dee Nursing Care Home in Pattaya

travelerjim
June 1st, 2018, 13:05
This past year an expat friend of mine had a good friend of his which was in need of a reasonable nursing home care facility in the greater Pattaya area.

He explored the limited options available and found this one. Visited it and said that it's OK and he was impressed with the staffing and care he observed while making his visit.

Sadly his friend passed away prior to his admittance their nursing home care. But here is the basic info for those seeking a nursing home care facility.

Yoo Dee Nursing Home
28/12 Moo 9 , Soi Central Park
Nongprue , Banglamung, Chonburi
083-641-4146
063-341-5636
Email thanista@windowslive.com

Shared room... 20,000 Thai baht monthly
VIP room......... 35,000 Thai baht monthly
Per their brochure.

It appears that they also offer in home care... Visiting nurses and staff to your home.
Starting from 18,000 Thb monthly
To those requiring additional inhome care with no self help abilities 20,000 Thb monthly.

Tj

travelerjim
June 1st, 2018, 13:38
Here's another page of their brochure.
Tj

travelerjim
June 1st, 2018, 13:40
One last page of the brochure...
Tj

Manforallseasons
June 1st, 2018, 15:23
Looks great! Someone please kill me first.....or give me the nerve and the strength to do it myself!

scottish-guy
June 1st, 2018, 15:34
I know I'm a nit-picker but I'm serious when I say that if an organisation which wants to charge me 20-35,000B per month (plus extras) cannot even be bothered to get their brochure put into correct/grammatical English, then I'm sceptical about the quality of the rest of their service

travelerjim
June 1st, 2018, 18:18
It is Thai owned and managed.
TIT
Tj

scottish-guy
June 1st, 2018, 19:29
I understand that TJ - but an English lanuage brochure is clearly marketed at expats rather than Thais

travelerjim
June 1st, 2018, 20:09
I understand that TJ - but an English lanuage brochure is clearly marketed at expats rather than Thais

I agree with you...typo and spelling errors are common found in Thailand. Even with major corporate spelling errors in their signs and brochures. The full 7/24 nursing home care in the USA costs US $6,000 +++++ monthly. The rate in Thailand is 20% of the US costs.
Tj

arsenal
June 1st, 2018, 21:01
Given the horrors to be found in these places in the west and the attitude of the minimum waged staff I'd rather take my chances in Thailand thank you very much. I also think the Thai attitude would make the place far more bearable. I could live with the grammar issues, I'm not looking for them to write me a treatise on the Treaty of Versailles. Just take care of me until the holy mamasan brings me my check bin.

gerefan2
June 1st, 2018, 21:41
Actually, 35,000 Baht is about what I pay for my Condo, plus food and drink per month. I know its not quite the same...just saying.

paborn
June 1st, 2018, 21:41
This was one of the great quandries of my retirement choice: leave the US or stay. I choose to stay and solved the cost issue with a private long term care and disability insurance; which, when issued before age 50 is cost effective. Scottish Guy's comments about getting the bochure right would have alarmed me as well. That is a principal way of judging them - if they can't get the brochure right, how can I assume that my care is done correctly? Besides, I'm not a gifted linguist and the tonal Thai language is beyond me - thus, how do I fully understand the contract and the Thai equivalent of fine print. One assumes, the binding contract would be in a langauge Idon't know.

dab69
June 1st, 2018, 23:15
pictures of nursing staff? :)

Leo
June 2nd, 2018, 20:59
Jim, Thank you for your post. I appreciate you giving this nursing home a shout-out. I met the Thai owner, K. Bui, when looking for a place for my late friend who had a stroke last year. She is a very kind and caring person as I saw from spending time with her at the nursing home and seeing her interact with some of the residents there, both Thais and foreigners. Although my friend passed away at the Chonburi Hospital and never made it to her nursing home, she was so helpful and kind in taking care of the arrangements with the hospital, government offices and temple for the funeral. She did all this without any charges and with no expectations of anything in return.

gerefan2
June 4th, 2018, 01:25
pictures of nursing staff? :)

Like this?

travelerjim
June 4th, 2018, 12:28
This was one of the great quandries of my retirement choice: leave the US or stay. I choose to stay and solved the cost issue with a private long term care and disability insurance; which, when issued before age 50 is cost effective. Scottish Guy's comments about getting the bochure right would have alarmed me as well. That is a principal way of judging them - if they can't get the brochure right, how can I assume that my care is done correctly? Besides, I'm not a gifted linguist and the tonal Thai language is beyond me - thus, how do I fully understand the contract and the Thai equivalent of fine print. One assumes, the binding contract would be in a langauge Idon't know.

Paborn you were wise to plan ahead for your long term care and disability insurance.

FYI....you have stated you will stay in the USA if you are beset with such disabling factors.
As your policies were written in the USA surely they will cover your future needs for the services.

However...some policies only cover long term care benefits provided in the USA. FOR THOSE WHO ARE AMERICANS AND SEEK TO ACCESS LONG TERM CARE OUTSIDE OF THE USA...Its best to read the fine print to make sure you are covered in Thailand or other countries if the need for LTC arises.

Tj

latintopxxx
June 4th, 2018, 18:20
What type of oversight would you put in place to ensure that you were being well treated and not held " hostage" while they drain your bank account over time and once you have nothing simply toss you out into the street with stray dogs for company.