PDA

View Full Version : Real New York Pizza...Now in the Bronx & Pattaya

Manforallseasons
May 29th, 2018, 23:30
Bronx Pizza Pattaya......Simply the best!!

gerefan2
May 29th, 2018, 23:49
Mods...enough.

We currently have no less than seven, yes 7 threads running, about food availability in Thailand.

----------------------- cut line ----------------------------

Post copied to a separate thread in the "About forum" sub-forum, you can read and discuss it here:
https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?19871-Mods-enough

arsenal
May 30th, 2018, 00:09
It's very hard for a restaurant in Pattaya to survive, never mind thrive so every little plug helps.

paborn
May 30th, 2018, 02:24
I fail to see why this is an issue. Yes, the forum is "Gay Thailand" but we are living gay visitors and require lodgings, food, transportation and the occsasional massage. If this were a diversion to Thai Theravada Bhuddism, for example, I would agree. But, this is all part of traveling in Thailand, for God's sake, we have to eat.

My only commernt is about " Real New York Pizza...Now in the Bronx & Pattaya. For 62 years I lived there and now I live in South Florida and can't find pizza that reminds me of home here is the US. I seriouswly doubt it exists in Thailand, but I'tt try it when I come and appreciate the heads up.

gerefan2
May 30th, 2018, 04:03
It's very hard for a restaurant in Pattaya to survive, never mind thrive so every little plug helps.

Yes exactly....ONE thread entitled "Recommended restaurants in Pattaya." would be entirely sufficient.

sglad
May 30th, 2018, 04:09

Judging from the food, could it be because their customers keep dying off from heart attacks?

lukylok
May 31st, 2018, 03:20
Mods...enough.

We currently have no less than seven, yes 7 threads running, about food availability in Thailand.

----------------------- cut line ----------------------------

Post copied to a separate thread in the "About forum" sub-forum, you can read and discuss it here:
https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?19871-Mods-enough

All the more because the "food" they talk about in uneatable.
Who in his right mind is still eating "fry-up" for breakfast ?
The so-called "euro-breakfast" would be very hard to find in Europe., no european would eat it. Perhaps some brit but then they choose brexit.
The pizza, is a poor farmer lunch, very thin crust, with a tomato, some cheese, maybe an anchovy and some olives. Sometimes upgraded to make a Margherita or a four seasons.
Thick crust is not a pizza but a US Citizen dream to get fat.
And thus, nothing to make a post about.

paborn
May 31st, 2018, 03:49
All the more because the "food" they talk about in uneatable.
Who in his right mind is still eating "fry-up" for breakfast ?
The so-called "euro-breakfast" would be very hard to find in Europe., no european would eat it. Perhaps some brit but then they choose brexit.
The pizza, is a poor farmer lunch, very thin crust, with a tomato, some cheese, maybe an anchovy and some olives. Sometimes upgraded to make a Margherita or a four seasons.
Thick crust is not a pizza but a US Citizen dream to get fat.
And thus, nothing to make a post about.

OK ! so, you don't like Brits or Americans and since "no European would eat it" you appear to be a Brussels bureaucrat: an opinion for everythijng - understanding of nothing. Lord, but this post rambles on about - what??

arsenal
May 31st, 2018, 04:04
Sglad wrote.

"Judging from the food, could it be because their customers keep dying off from heart attacks?"

No. Falling off a balcony is the usual cause of death in Pattaya. The 'distraught' partner always seems to be present. Mmm.

paborn
May 31st, 2018, 06:02
I accept that I am what I eat; but I avoid judging others by what they eat.

Up2U
May 31st, 2018, 08:16
I would ask the OP what makes that pizza the "best". The consensus amongst my friends is New York Pizza on 3rd Road is the "best" at least here in Pattaya. They have an excellent delivery service and once your phone number is in their system they ask you same location as last time? Recommended and use it frequently.

Manforallseasons
May 31st, 2018, 09:19
I am a native New Yorker and Bronx Pizza is the closest thing to real New York style thin crust pizza that I have had in Thailand it is run by 2 Americans that have had a pizza place before....as for New York pizza on third road I have had it and it does not compare, delivery does not enhance the taste. I wish Bronx would deliver but they don't, I asked one of the owner why that was and he said we have more than enough business without deliveries.

travelerjim
May 31st, 2018, 11:55
I agree with you Up2U...
New York Pizza on Third Rd in Pattaya.
We have enjoyed many a delicious pizza and wings there over the past years.
Tj