PDA

View Full Version : BBQ Ribs Dinner 199 Thai baht at Retox Sports Bar and Cafe Pattaya

travelerjim
May 28th, 2018, 18:49
If you are like me and my Thai friend... We love a good BBQ Ribs dinner. Even more so when it's a great value at 199 Thai baht.

"Another top notch experiance. Fall off the bone full rack of ribs homemade chips coleslaw and bbq sauce. 199baht. And I am absolutely stuffed. Could only manage half the chips, ribs were packed with meat."

At Retox Sports Bar and Restaurant and Hotel in Pattaya. A wide variety of breakfast, lunch and dinner choices served with excellent reviews from the Pattaya expat community.

http://retoxpattaya.com/

Tj

lonelywombat
May 28th, 2018, 20:13
maybe it is time to start a dining link?

scottish-guy
May 29th, 2018, 14:57
Have you seen some of the expats in Pattaya - never mind Retox - a Detox would be more appropriate.

:p

francois
May 29th, 2018, 15:13
Have you seen some of the Scots in Scotland - never mind Retox - a Detox would be more appropriate.

travelerjim
May 29th, 2018, 16:09
Upon further postings on Breakfast Club Pattaya Facebook site the ribs special is not everyday. It was offered three times in the past week. Therefore it might be a good idea to either contact the cafe to see if the rib special is on or watch the postings on Breakfast Club Pattaya for added information.
They sure do look delicious and at 199 Thai baht a bargain!
Tj

scottish-guy
May 29th, 2018, 21:11
Have you seen some of the Scots in Scotland - never mind Retox - a Detox would be more appropriate.

Please share when and how you personally saw Scots in Scotland, as I'd place a small sum (that I'd be prepared to lose) that you never have.

I, on the other hand, have seen plenty of expats in Pattaya and therefore feel qualified to pass comment.

:mocking_mini:

Smiles
May 29th, 2018, 21:18
maybe it is time to start a dining link?
Or ... a thread in the "Everything Else" forum.
These Farang food posts have nothing to do with Gay Thailand. Besides that the food looks pretty ghastly to me, 190 baht notwithstanding.
Now, a great Pad Thai joint, the best Tom Yum Goong ( or whatever)? That's Thailand ... though not gay.

Manforallseasons
May 29th, 2018, 22:12
Or ... a thread in the "Everything Else" forum.
These Farang food posts have nothing to do with Gay Thailand. Besides that the food looks pretty ghastly to me, 190 baht notwithstanding.
Now, a great Pad Thai joint, the best Tom Yum Goong ( or whatever)? That's Thailand ... though not gay.

I beg to differ! I live in Pattaya and I do not care much for Thai food and I find the falang food posts helpful....I will be going surely for those ribs.

francois
May 29th, 2018, 22:24
Please share when and how you personally saw Scots in Scotland, as I'd place a small sum (that I'd be prepared to lose) that you never have.

I base my comments on the reputation of the Scots and their drinking habits.

SlĂ inte! :drink:

Manforallseasons
May 29th, 2018, 22:31
[QUOTE=francois;242595]I base my comments on the reputation of the Scots and their drinking habits.

199 might be a bit steep as their reputation for holding on to their money is well earned.

Smiles
May 30th, 2018, 00:20
I beg to differ! I live in Pattaya and I do not care much for Thai food and I find the falang food posts helpful....I will be going surely for those ribs.
And just think ... on this one thread alone you'll find ways to restaurants which will willingly coat your innards with grease and calories -- AND at the same time -- purchase one of TravelerJim's insurance policies with which to pay the hospital bills.
Break a leg ...

bkkguy
May 30th, 2018, 00:32
Please share when and how you personally saw Scots in Scotland

it may not qualify as "personally", but from watching re-runs of Still Game on BBC I would say the comment was justified, and some English lessons would help as well - and the same could be said for some Pattaya expats

bkkguy

lukylok
May 30th, 2018, 02:47
And just think ... on this one thread alone you'll find ways to restaurants which will willingly coat your innards with grease and calories -- AND at the same time -- purchase one of TravelerJim's insurance policies with which to pay the hospital bills.
Break a leg ...

And support Donald Trump.......
If there was one reason not to read.....

scottish-guy
May 30th, 2018, 03:14
it may not qualify as "personally", but from watching re-runs of Still Game on BBC I would say the comment was justified, and some English lessons would help as well - and the same could be said for some Pattaya expats

bkkguy

If you're saying you base all your opinions on what you see in TV comedy shows then I fear you're already beyond help - and I only hope you never run into Francois & Christian on your travels as you'll probably expect them to behave like Rene Artois and Herr Flick from 'Allo 'Allo

7079 7080

Nirish guy
May 30th, 2018, 04:20
To be fair there is a certain similarity there with at least one of those pics, I'll leave it unsaid as to which one though ........as Christian may get offended - OPPS ! :)

( just kidding Christian,,,,well.....sort of :)