PDA

View Full Version : Panarama bar

aot871
May 27th, 2018, 16:49
A expat friend of mine has just told me that he has heard that the Panarama might be closing in the next couple of months due to the increase in rent required by the thai owner. Has any one else heard this , or is it just another one of those pattaya rumors

scottish-guy
May 27th, 2018, 17:02
If true, Miss K is becoming quite the jinx ...Oscars, LCR, and now this?

:p

D: Just kidding if you're reading this

gerefan2
May 28th, 2018, 02:05
A expat friend of mine has just told me that he has heard that the Panarama might be closing in the next couple of months due to the increase in rent required by the thai owner. Has any one else heard this , or is it just another one of those pattaya rumors

Closures dont happen like that. If a business is in trouble the last thing they do is advertise it. Just look at all the Sunne Plaza closures...all announced on the day.

But if it happens I wouldn't be at all surprised.

The road works, slap bang in the middle of the high season, which virtually cut off bars at that end of the street, must have led to massive reductions in takings. You only had to look around at the time to see it.

Interestingly, the Thai Manager at Panorama (Art) left just a month or so ago...

The reported lack of boys in Cupidol at the time is another example...fewer customers, so boys look elsewhere for work, and so even less customers. A vicious circle.

If Panorama does close (and I really sincerely hope it doesn't) I believe it will have a devastating effect on BT.

neddy3
May 28th, 2018, 09:55
I agree. With Oscars already closed, the loss of Panorama would be a disaster for this area.

I really hope that it survives.

Daniel
May 28th, 2018, 18:40
It sounds like a rumour to me. I spoke to somebody yesterday, who told me Panorama had negotiated a new long lease with probably the best rent on the street.

karius
May 28th, 2018, 20:37
Are there still road works in the Boys Town soi?

gerefan2
May 28th, 2018, 22:48
no

frequentfliers
May 28th, 2018, 22:49
This is not true.They recently signed a new lease agreement.

aot871
June 9th, 2018, 15:49
This is not true.They recently signed a new lease agreement.

I checked yesterday and panarama is up for sale , not that means much in pattaya as im sure most bars would be if the price was right

scottish-guy
June 9th, 2018, 16:50
Both scenarios could be correct - if you're trying to sell a business the lack of a current lease (on the property the business is housed in) might just be a wee problem

Nirish guy
June 9th, 2018, 19:32
And surely Panorama bar has been quietly up for sale (without much interest it seems) for a few years now since after one of the partners died - no ?

frequentfliers
June 10th, 2018, 08:17
you are right.With the new lease in place they have decided to sell.but not to close as previously reported.

Oliver2
June 10th, 2018, 09:12
I've heard that Ambiance has new owners, too. It's reassuring to hear that some people are still prepared to invest in Boyztown.

paborn
June 10th, 2018, 23:17
There are two things Ambience needs: (1) soft goods upgrades - many years ago it was gorgeous and (2) clear makings to the stairs as an emergency exit. A smoke fire would make the place a death trap.

scottish-guy
June 10th, 2018, 23:59
... A smoke fire would make the place a death trap.

You needn't worry - those of us with long memories can reassure you that fires at The Ambience are usually confined to one room.

:mocking_mini:

frequentfliers
June 11th, 2018, 08:03
If you have 45million baht you can buy The Venue.Lots of places for sale.

scottish-guy
June 11th, 2018, 15:44
That's over £1million - you'd need to be nuts.

For that sort of money you could buy a car parking space in Central London which would generate more profit!

DoubleDutch
June 11th, 2018, 22:26
I've heard that Ambiance has new owners, too. It's reassuring to hear that some people are still prepared to invest in Boyztown.

Ambiance has a new owner? Excellent news! Maybe new owner can find a way to fire the nasty little waiter, who has managed to keep Ambiance restaurant and terrace dead for several years now.

paborn
June 12th, 2018, 01:27
Really? What time frame? I missed travel last year due to surgery and recovery time. The year before I began to be ill and ate every meal at the Ambiance, three times a day and while, occasionally, a younger waiter brought my meal up for breakfast or helped me at other meals, the fact is, the main ( head?/ ) waiter was uniformily polite, helpful, always remembered my likes and choices. Odd, how different people reacy to service staff. What did he do that bothered you?

gerefan2
June 12th, 2018, 01:59
Ambiance has a new owner? Excellent news! Maybe new owner can find a way to fire the nasty little waiter, who has managed to keep Ambiance restaurant and terrace dead for several years now.

Welcome new member...obviously you've been to Pattaya quite a bit but I too would like to know which waiter you are referring.
When Im in Thailand I eat there at least twice a week and have never, ever, had a problem with any of them.

Oliver2
June 12th, 2018, 09:29
Nor me, a three times a year regular for sixteen years.

Josan
June 26th, 2018, 03:47
So who are the new owners of the Ambiance?

Oliver2
June 26th, 2018, 14:37
All I know is that they are Chinese.

a447
June 26th, 2018, 16:55
All I know is that they are Chinese.

So I'm guessing the future of Boyztown - or at least Boyzboyzboyz - is now secure.

Manforallseasons
June 26th, 2018, 22:50
So I'm guessing the future of Boyztown - or at least Boyzboyzboyz - is now secure.

New Chinese owners......and you think the future is secure? Lol.......Maybe they want to make it a Chinese restaurant.

a447
June 26th, 2018, 23:13
New Chinese owners......and you think the future is secure? Lol.......Maybe they want to make it a Chinese restaurant.

Or simply bring more Chinese into the hotel and surrounding bars.

Let's face it, the way things are going, if they just rely on us they'll soon be out of business.

You must be one of the few who haven't as yet seen the writing on the wall.

Manforallseasons
June 26th, 2018, 23:16
Or simply bring more Chinese into the hotel and surrounding bars.

Let's face it, the way things are going, if they just rely on us they'll soon be out of business.

You must be one of the few who haven't as yet seen the writing on the wall.

Sad but true!

AsDaRa
June 26th, 2018, 23:30
Too bad I was born too late to enjoy for many decades this type of sex tourism. I started 2014 and now it is already in decline. Others have decades of experience.
I hope the boys remain available on the apps, but still 80% of my offs are from bars. Somehow I like that more. Oh well, it was a nice 4 years.

gerefan2
June 27th, 2018, 00:37
Asda
It isn't over yet...

Nirish guy
June 27th, 2018, 00:49
not until the fat mamasan sings......

scottish-guy
June 27th, 2018, 02:15
She pegged out on a plane.

Allegedly

arsenal
June 27th, 2018, 09:00
Rose tinted glasses reply to AsDaRa so no need for any sourness.

While it's true that you missed the peak of Pattaya as a sex destination may I offer a few words of comfort. Firstly, in the months of Nov to April there are well over 1000 boys available in the bars as well as 1000s more on the apps. Whatever your type there are plenty to be had. And secondly, in the past there was little else but now there are new things going up every week with some state of the art shows. The party no longer comes to you but it's still there in spades if you look for it.

Captain Swing
June 27th, 2018, 10:58
Too bad I was born too late to enjoy for many decades this type of sex tourism. I started 2014 and now it is already in decline. Others have decades of experience.
I hope the boys remain available on the apps, but still 80% of my offs are from bars. Somehow I like that more. Oh well, it was a nice 4 years.

I first came to Thailand in the early nineties-maybe the late eighties, I've lost track. I don't post a whole lot, but I've followed this board, and the others, and the predecessors (Gay Pattayan, Dreaded Ned etc.) since shortly after they started. Believe me, no matter when you first came you ALWAYS would have been too late. It ALWAYS was better five years ago, or ten, or twenty. Every year now, it is ALWAYS the deadest low season ever, unless you come during high season,--then it is the slowest high season ever. I bet the soldiers who discovered Pattaya during the Vietnam War bemoaned the fact that they'd missed the glory years. The only thing to do is enjoy what's there now. Face it--it's not that bad. You still can find what you're looking for. And. frankly, I bet gay Pattaya as we know and love it (and Bangkok too, for that matter) will outlive us all.

frequent
June 27th, 2018, 11:32
I first came to Thailand in the early nineties-maybe the late eighties, I've lost track. I don't post a whole lot, but I've followed this board, and the others, and the predecessors (Gay Pattayan, Dreaded Ned etc.) since shortly after they started. Believe me, no matter when you first came you ALWAYS would have been too late. It ALWAYS was better five years ago, or ten, or twenty. Every year now, it is ALWAYS the deadest low season ever, unless you come during high season,--then it is the slowest high season ever. I bet the soldiers who discovered Pattaya during the Vietnam War bemoaned the fact that they'd missed the glory years. The only thing to do is enjoy what's there now. Face it--it's not that bad. You still can find what you're looking for. And. frankly, I bet gay Pattaya as we know and love it (and Bangkok too, for that matter) will outlive us all.AsDaRa's is the sort of comment that suggests there's something remarkable about the present. Take this from the Eighth Century BC: ""When I was young, we were taught to be discreet and respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly disrespectful and impatient of restraint". Hesiod

It's why I have value-subtracters and the generally superficial like AsDaRa and latintopxxx on my Ignore list. Some posters should try http://www.anxietyculture.com/ for a reality check

Manforallseasons
June 27th, 2018, 14:10
It's why I have value-subtracters and the generally superficial like AsDaRa and latintopxxx on my Ignore list. Some posters should try http://www.anxietyculture.com/ for a reality check

Please add me to your list!

Oliver2
June 27th, 2018, 14:34
Boyztown and Sunee were undeniably disappointing two weeks ago ....but I look on the bright side when I recall the vibrancy of the 90s. Pattaya is now a more interesting place, with better restaurants and better shopping, the beaches are cleaner, child-abuse is no longer a major (or at least a visible) issue and the apps make sex available in the afternoons.

frequent
June 27th, 2018, 15:18
Please add me to your list!It's always worth having some light entertainment to hand

Oliver2
June 28th, 2018, 14:25
I nearly forgot.....better roads mean that the airport to Pattaya takes 70/80 minutes by taxi. Many of us remember journeys of three and (on one occasion for me) five hours to and from the old airport. Always look on the bright-side of life.

dab69
June 29th, 2018, 02:40
, but the present youth are exceedingly disrespectful and impatient of restraint". Hesiod

k

Where can I purchase restraints in Pattaya? I always forget to pack mine...

Josan
June 30th, 2018, 18:38
I am at the Ambiance four or more times a year. And eat at the restaurant. Never had any problems with any of the waiters. Yes, always polite and helpful.