PDA

View Full Version : Does Coffee make you go?

Loki
May 27th, 2018, 00:24
In the past I've always enjoyed drinking coffee...with no ill effects.
These days, shortly after consuming coffee, I find myself running to the john...and my colon feels as though an IED has gone off.
Anybody else ever experience this phenomenon?
:yes:

cdnmatt
May 27th, 2018, 01:57
Recently I had something similar for a couple weeks, but it seems to have cleared up now. Seems as though I had to go every 15 minutes, and when I had to go I had to go, and had maybe 20 seconds to get to the bathroom. That, and only a very small dribble would come out each time, and 15 minutes later, off I went to the bathroom again and same thing. Wasn't painful, just annoying.

Lasted about two weeks, and just cleared up on its own a few days ago actually. Not sure what that was about, but since it's never happened to me before, only thing I can think of is I accidentally drank a little bit of cleaner for the coffee maker right around the time this started. My mom cleaned out the coffee maker, but didn't rinse it out well enough, so when I made a cup, it was mixed with a bit of the cleaner. I drank about 80% of the cup, before asking my mom to taste it, and sure enough it was off and she knew why. No idea if that's what caused it or not, but since it's never happened to me before, that's the only thing I can think of. Maybe caused a mild bladder infection, or something.

Loki
May 27th, 2018, 02:17
Cdnmatt, is your SGT profile set up to accept private messages, and can your reader inform you when a private message has arrived?

cdnmatt
May 27th, 2018, 02:43
Yes and yes. :)

poshglasgow
May 27th, 2018, 04:52
Recently I had something similar for a couple weeks, but it seems to have cleared up now. Seems as though I had to go every 15 minutes, and when I had to go I had to go, and had maybe 20 seconds to get to the bathroom. That, and only a very small dribble would come out each time, and 15 minutes later, off I went to the bathroom again and same thing. Wasn't painful, just annoying.

Lasted about two weeks, and just cleared up on its own a few days ago actually. Not sure what that was about, but since it's never happened to me before, only thing I can think of is I accidentally drank a little bit of cleaner for the coffee maker right around the time this started. My mom cleaned out the coffee maker, but didn't rinse it out well enough, so when I made a cup, it was mixed with a bit of the cleaner. I drank about 80% of the cup, before asking my mom to taste it, and sure enough it was off and she knew why. No idea if that's what caused it or not, but since it's never happened to me before, that's the only thing I can think of. Maybe caused a mild bladder infection, or something.

Maybe worth getting the prostate checked.

poshglasgow
May 27th, 2018, 04:56
In the past I've always enjoyed drinking coffee...with no ill effects.
These days, shortly after consuming coffee, I find myself running to the john...and my colon feels as though an IED has gone off.
Anybody else ever experience this phenomenon?
:yes:

I have found that if I drink too much coffee (just as with lager) I fall prey to terrible heartburn and gastric reflux. I have knocked coffee on the head this week and no reflux! Similarly with alcohol. I have been giving the liver a much-deserved rest this month (alcohol free) and I feel like a new man (Eh, maybe I should re-word that last bit)?

paborn
May 27th, 2018, 05:22
Honestly, I see no mystery here. Coffee is a well known diuretic.

Loki
May 27th, 2018, 05:44
Honestly, I see no mystery here. Coffee is a well known diuretic.

The initial post was most certainly not referring to urine!

Nirish guy
May 27th, 2018, 06:49
Again no mystery here as coffee is well known to be a general helpful bowel movement device ( depending on your current bowel movements I guess), especially in the mornings after your first cup of the day.

My god we cover some topics on this board ! :/)

Loki
May 27th, 2018, 07:00
Again no mystery here as coffee is well known to be a general helpful bowel movement device ( depending on your current bowel movements I guess), especially in the mornings after your first cup of the day.

My god we cover some topics on this board! :/)

Yes, we do cover a multitude of topics here in everything else!
Is increasing age a factor, as have never had a problem before...and I'm a long time coffee drinker.

Nirish guy
May 27th, 2018, 07:25
I dont think age has much baring on it. If I were you I'd take it as a positive and just consider it one way of cutting down on your roughage intake elsewhere perhaps

Loki
May 27th, 2018, 07:47
Thanks for your input.

cdnmatt
May 27th, 2018, 10:46
Of course old age could affect it. Lots of problems can come up as you get older.

Maybe a colonoscopy is in order if you're worried?

poshglasgow
May 27th, 2018, 21:03

My god we cover some topics on this board ! :/)

I agree, when I do drink coffee I am as regular as clockwork: a most satisfying shit at 6.00 a.m. every morning. The trouble is, I don't wake up until 7.00 a.m.!!

Smiles
May 28th, 2018, 00:39
"...a most satisfying shit at 6.00 a.m ... "
Oh god, here we go (so to speak). I always get rather scattish when this subject comes up.

Loki
May 28th, 2018, 01:41
Oh god, here we go (so to speak). I always get rather scattish when this subject comes up.

Maybe you're drinking too much coffee! (tongue firmly planted in cheek)
See video at this link: https://youtu.be/JQO6VgqdM9I
;)

https://youtu.be/JQO6VgqdM9I

Smiles
May 28th, 2018, 02:03
On occasion I've been accused of drinking too much, but I assure you it ain't coffee! :yahoo_mini: plus ... I ignore the accuser.
Talking about accusations: I've also been accused of planting my tongue in too many places, talking about cheeks.

Loki
May 28th, 2018, 03:19
Smiles, the following is far afield from this thread...but was wondering how Suphot is doing these days?
Years ago, remember your annual "shameless plug" of Suphot's tour guide/ driving service.
I trust his business is flourishing, and domestic bliss abounds.

Smiles
May 28th, 2018, 11:02
" ... was wondering how Suphot is doing these days?
Years ago, remember your annual "shameless plug" of Suphot's tour guide/ driving service.
I trust his business is flourishing, and domestic bliss abounds ..."Thanks for asking Loki. He's doing fine although he can definitely feel the dramatic difference between High Season and Low: May/June being the lowest of the low.
But Hua Hin is like that, there still many farangs hanging around. He doesn't need me touting his business any more . . . he has a Thai network worth it's weight in gold. He also does tiling, fixing water pumps, roofing etc etc. On our soi Pot is the go-to dude for a plethora of fix-it jobs.
As for "us" ... this is our 18th year together and still as strong as it's ever been. Who would've thought?hi

Two years ago we purchased a house in his village. It took us a year to renovate it to higher plane, but now we spend a lot more time in the country side, although Hua Hin is our main home, especially in his high season.
It's a good life indeed!

Inside and outside:

https://image.ibb.co/m47FfH/20170727_174433.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/ieoo0H/20170727_173346.jpg

Loki
May 28th, 2018, 21:39
As for "us" ... this is our 18th year together and still as strong as it's ever been. Who would've thought?

Kudos to both you and Suphot for your enduring partnership !
What's the secret to being together for 18 years?
:)

poshglasgow
May 28th, 2018, 22:26
On occasion I've been accused of drinking too much, but I assure you it ain't coffee! :yahoo_mini: plus ... I ignore the accuser.
Talking about accusations: I've also been accused of planting my tongue in too many places, talking about cheeks.

Inspector Clouseau comes to mind. "Forget the zimmer - I'd like a rim!"