PDA

View Full Version : Awesome sunset on Dongtan Beach Friday night

travelerjim
May 25th, 2018, 20:40
Friday evening at sunset along Dongtan Beach...
An awesome sight always welcomed and remembered... Special thanks to a facebook poster for these awesome views.
Tj

francois
May 26th, 2018, 00:07
Were you there TJ? Or just a facebook page?

travelerjim
May 26th, 2018, 01:22
My favorite time of day at Dongtan Beach is at sunset. The vendors are closing their chairs. I did miss this sunset...wishing that I could have witnessed it in person.
Tj

Oliver2
May 26th, 2018, 15:16
I'm no fan of Jomtien but those photographs are beautiful. Thanks! and thanks too for not pointing the camera in the opposite direction!

sglad
May 26th, 2018, 20:28
...and thanks too for not pointing the camera in the opposite direction!

He would have needed a wide-angle lens for that! :D

christianpfc
May 28th, 2018, 23:06
I did miss this sunset...wishing that I could have witnessed it in person.
Astronomy predicts that there will be another sunset on 20 June this year. A friend with interest in sunsets thinks it will be in the evening, shortly before night sets in.

gerefan2
May 28th, 2018, 23:12
A friend with interest in sunsets thinks it will be in the evening, shortly before night sets in.

100% chance he will be correct, unless some clever clogs here knows different!

Captain Swing
May 29th, 2018, 04:42
Astronomy predicts that there will be another sunset on 20 June this year. A friend with interest in sunsets thinks it will be in the evening, shortly before night sets in.
Has Christian's account been hacked? Could it truly be that one of his posts has a trace of---dare I say it--humor?

bobsaigon2
May 29th, 2018, 05:53
Just the opposite. All of the humorous posts in this forum are actually examples of Christian hacking the other members' accounts. Give a nod to Christian every time you have occasion to smile or laugh out loud when reading any SGT post. Those are all his work.

Captain Swing
May 29th, 2018, 06:07
Just the opposite. All of the humorous posts in this forum are actually examples of Christian hacking the other members' accounts. Give a nod to Christian every time you have occasion to smile or laugh out loud when reading any SGT post. Those are all his work.

Well, it's possible I suppose, especially the idea of him hacking all the other accounts. But I have my doubts.

scottish-guy
June 2nd, 2018, 16:13
A few years ago Christian told a good joke about Angela Merkel visiting the Czech Republic.

The fact that I remember it from years ago points not only to the uniqueness of the event but also the quality of the joke.

At least I think it was him - if I'm right he might even reprise it as a special treat.