PDA

View Full Version : Euro breakfast Pattaya 149 Thai baht

travelerjim
May 25th, 2018, 12:58
For those who enjoy a fine European breakfast..

At the Meeting Point Restaurant
German Resto at the top of Kao Talo.

Great breakfast. 149 baht.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1542141939342114/permalink/2055334568022846/

http://thmaps.com/Chonburi/Places/meetingpoint-jomtien-beachroad-soi-7-1180690
Tj :blush:

scottish-guy
May 25th, 2018, 15:01
That looks very nice indeed Travelerjim!

On the facebook link I was strangely drawn to the rather out of place white guy on the left wearing what appears to be a particularly obvious 1970's semi-afro wig and a clip-on muslim beard.

Those CIA cutbacks are certainly taking their toll.

:D

Nirish guy
May 25th, 2018, 15:17
For those who enjoy a fine European breakfast........

You see, it's statements such as the above that are EXACTLY the reason why the UK voted to "leave" the EU. Nothing to do with too much legislation from Brussels or too much immigration, OHHH NO, but the mere idea being foisted upon us good folk here that Gherkins for breakfast are "normal" for breakfast indeed - well, we say never, NEVER NEVER NEVER ( in the words of Ian Paisley himself no less, pure sacrilege we scream !!

Now below is a fine European Breakfast more like ( well, where i come from ) - this also explains why there are so many fat buggers around where I live ( myself included I concede) ... :)

So, it's no to Europe and no to gherkins ! Up the Soda bread and Potato bread ( with beans being apparently optional these days ) and long live the Ulster Fry - No Surrender ! :-)

( for those unsure the above post IS meant in jest ! - although the gherkins part for breakfast ......well, I just might mean every word of THAT ! :-)

Nirish guy
May 25th, 2018, 15:21
That looks very nice indeed Travelerjim!

Your forefathers would be turning in their graves, selling out your big breakfast fry birthright for a mere Gherkin it seems ! Shame on you ! Not a bit of wonder you lot lost the referendum, where's your back bone man to be seen to stand up to such Gherkin lead attacks on yer culture "like".

No Surrender, not an inch I say ! :-)

PS - for the record the rest of it, I'd eat in a heartbeat as it "does' look quote nice actually :-)

paborn
May 25th, 2018, 19:34
I haven't asked a question in awhile. So, perhaps no one will freak out. But is there a German restaurant or a place for this kind of brekfast nearer to Boys Town?

scottish-guy
May 25th, 2018, 19:55
Well I must admit that when travelling at home (within UK) I always go for the cooked option - similar to NIrish's pic - and I start it all off with a large bowl of porridge (with salt and butter in it none of yer Sassenach sugar), and the entire meal washed down with a large pot of tea. I'm not keen on the extremely prevalent buffet breakfast service though - I like it all served to me - especially the toast (and the toast has to be hot!)

However I really can't eat like that in the heat of Thailand, so a nice Continental breakfast such as that pictured by the OP would be very welcome - and if there was a cold beer to wash it down that would be a bonus!

Nirish guy
May 25th, 2018, 21:48
...a nice Continental breakfast such as that pictured by the OP would be very welcome - and if there was a cold beer to wash it down that would be a bonus!

And Scottish people wonder why they have the reputation they do ! Beer for breakfast indeed, where do you think you are Pattaya or something ! :-)

PABORN - in relation to your query re a german restaurant closer to BT etc - depending on what you consider to be "close" there's what seems to be a very popular German cafe / eatery / come bakery right on the corner of and in the same block as the Mosaik apartments. I dine theree sometimes when staying in Mosiak when the cafe across the street is closed and I always find the food to be fine and the staff very friendly.

francois
May 26th, 2018, 00:05
For those who enjoy a fine European breakfast..

At the Meeting Point Restaurant
German Resto at the top of Kao Talo.

Great breakfast. 149 baht.

You eat all that for breakfast? My breakfast is a banana and zero fat yogurt and a cup of coffee.

travelerjim
May 26th, 2018, 01:20
I'm a late morning or midday breakfast eater. Usually an American breakfast. I do enjoy coffee with fat-free strawberry yogurt and a banana early in the morning. Usually a 6:00 am riser. I shared this type of breakfast as I know there are many visiting Thailand from Europe.
Tj

Nirish guy
May 29th, 2018, 02:16
PABORN - in relation to your query re a german restaurant closer to BT etc - depending on what you consider to be "close" there's what seems to be a very popular German cafe / eatery / come bakery right on the corner of and in the same block as the Mosaik apartments. .

For clarity in case it REALLY matters to someone searching for GERMAN food ( as the OP was) I should add that it appears that Grottinos ( the place I referred to above) is in fact a SWISS style cafe and bakery and NOT German as I first thought - my bad, sorry for any inconvenience caused ! :)

francois
May 29th, 2018, 12:58
I do enjoy coffee with fat-free strawberry yogurt and a banana early in the morning.
Tj

No fat; loaded with sugar.

a447
May 29th, 2018, 15:10
For clarity in case it REALLY matters to someone searching for GERMAN food ( as the OP was) I should add that it appears that Grottinos ( the place I referred to above) is in fact a SWISS style cafe and bakery and NOT German as I first thought - my bad, sorry for any inconvenience caused ! :)

Maybe it's a Swiss German cafe, as opposed to Swiss French one.

francois
May 29th, 2018, 15:17
Maybe it's Swiss Italian cafe, as opposed to Swiss French or Swiss German or Swiss. Grottino does sound Italian to me.

travelerjim
May 29th, 2018, 16:11
A possible hint....
The foreign newspapers in Grottinos are in German.
The Bangkok Post in English.
Tj

Nirish guy
May 29th, 2018, 17:37
Ah HA !!!! I like were you're going with this idea TJ - by dented pride may yet be semi restored ! :)

And they had Thai sugar on the tables - so perhaps it's a Swiss, german, Italian, Thai cafe !

But alas I have to concede that it appears that the name the owner has decided to use on Trip Advisor etc for the place is : "Grottino's Swiss Restaurant & Bakery" - so I guess that fairly much nails it then :-(

Damn it - there goes what little pride I had left, right out their very clearly non german window ! :-)

Up2U
May 29th, 2018, 20:43
Breakfast at Grottinos brings back memories of staying at the Flamingo, I always enjoyed the breakfast there. On the subject of a German style bakery/breakfast I recommend the Back Fabrik on Jomtien 2nd Road opposite the Jomtien Beach Condo. Next door is Laong's which I also recommend. My favorite is Ogara's at Tara Court just a short distance up the hill on Pratumnak.

sglad
May 29th, 2018, 21:11
All that for one person? Seriously?

My bowl of porridge with a soft boiled egg looks positively miserly.

Up2U
May 29th, 2018, 21:23
All that for one person? Seriously?

My bowl of porridge with a soft boiled egg looks positively miserly.

That's the large breakfast for 180 baht, the smaller one is 140 baht.

Nirish guy
May 30th, 2018, 02:23
I think one of the basic "pass" points required before any of us recommend any eating establishment should be to check are the buggers watering down the HP sauce - or worse still are they displaying a genuine H.P. bottle on the table whilst totally refilling same with some cheap rip off non HP sauce no less !

Nothing worse than getting cheap rip off brown sauce in ones Pad Thai after one travelling all that way for the taste of some authentic Thai food !

Pure sacrilege and nothing less than a hanging offence if caught I would propose ! :)

paborn
May 30th, 2018, 02:36
[QUOTE=Nirish guy;242618]I think one of the basic "pass" points required before any of us recommend any eating establishment should be to check are the buggers watering down the HP sauce - or worse still are they displaying a genuine H.P. bottle on the table whilst totally refilling same with some cheap rip off non HP sauce no less !

Nothing worse than getting cheap rip off brown sauce in ones Pad Thai after one travelling all that way for the taste of some authentic Thai food !

No offense meant. But, why would you dump a European browen sauce if you are after "authentic Thai food" a dash of nam phla perhaps?

Nirish guy
May 30th, 2018, 04:22
lol OMG PB I cant believe anyone actually bit to that :-)

he he you can relax - I was JOKING ;)

paborn
May 30th, 2018, 04:34
of course! point / counterpoint

Nirish guy
May 30th, 2018, 04:34
Uh HUH ! :)

And anyway, you're right, I mean who in their right mind would add HP sauce to that dish - when everyone knows it's Heinz Ketchup or nothing to achieve that true authentic Thai taste.