PDA

View Full Version : Cathay Pacific Deal of the month

July 25th, 2006, 03:59
For anyone intersted, Cathay has a deal of the month out of LA or San Fran to Bankkok for $694 + tax. Depart between Sept 1 and Nov 30. Have to purchase before July 31. Only drawback, it doesn't qualify for miles. Still a good deal though.

bao-bao
July 25th, 2006, 04:08
The best I've ever done was through a travel agent in August of 2003. He got me a round trip on JAL for $610, all inclusive. I was so pleased with the service and food overall that I booked the same flight again a few months later for a little more money, just to fly JAL again.

My October tickets this year are on EVA, an airline I know next-to-nothing about, but it IS only $720 altogether. I think I mentioned $710 on a different posting on the board here, but that was incorrect, sorry.

I tolerate coach in the interest of being able to afford to see and do more once I get there, but I dream of one day not flying 8,000 miles with my chin nearly resting on my knees!!

Hope it's a wonderful trip, D&D.

July 25th, 2006, 07:28
That is a good price. Cathay usually has very good service. I am flying Eva economy for the first time, SFO-Bkk on November 8 for $743 tax included. I thought that was a very good fare. I have flown with JAL in the past and agree with Boa about the service, excellent. Many people have had good things to say about Eva and so I thought I would try it out. Have a good flight D & D.

July 25th, 2006, 09:03
I was thinking of booking this special deal this weekend. I spent a while mulling things over and comparing it to EVA's Evergreen Deluxe which I took last trip.
In addition to not getting miles for the flight, the other downside is you can't pre-select your seats online. I know that it doesn't sound like much but I will DIE if I don't have an isle seat on the 13+hr flight from Zan Francisco to Hong Kong. It really makes a difference to be able to get up at any time and walk around the cabin to keep those blood clots from forming!
So my choices are:
Cathay cheap deal $756 (no miles and no seat choice)
Cathay regular fare $931 ($175 more for miles and your choice of seats)
EVA Evergreen deluxe $1032 ( great leg room and comfortable seats but crappy food, service and movies)

I have 1 more week to decide.....

catawampuscat
July 25th, 2006, 09:45
The travel agents in Pattaya are featuring a one way flight from BKK to JFK (NYC) good thru the end of 2006
for 17,700B. tax included... That is about $465. US and a great price if one only needs a one way ticket... I checked
for a date in late December and there was room.. This is on Kuwait Air and stops in Kuwait...

July 25th, 2006, 09:47
I'd recommend avoiding Kuwait Air like the plague. Terrible equipment and service.

July 27th, 2006, 04:56
I second avoiding Kuwait Airways. No booze in flight, they use cheap eastern euro labour with poor english for cabin crew, getting stuck in Kuwait is a common problem(there is NOTHING to do there), lost luggage. They are basically not worth it. They are an embarassment of a national flag carrier for a rich gulf country.