PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service

Loki
May 20th, 2018, 22:04
Anybody experienced poor customer service lately?
Does management indifference infuriate you?
Discuss.
:cray_mini:

Smiles
May 21st, 2018, 00:20
Discuss.I'm OK, but Cndmatt is really pissed!
Pssst: message to Cndmatt. Calling a passport bureaucrat a "cunt" will get you nowhere.

Moses
May 21st, 2018, 00:49
Discuss.
:cray_mini:

Since you choose "Feedback forum", looks like you are talking about customers of the forum.

Cynical comment ahead! Well, please leave your illusion. Customers for forum - advertisers: they pay money. Visitors and members are users who are using forum "as it is", for free, and within limits prescribed by rules.

Loki
May 21st, 2018, 01:39
Unlike you, I viewed it more as a "Global" question that all consumers frequently face these days.
I noticed you attempted to gray out the following gem: "Well please leave your illusion. Customers for forum - advertisers pay money. Visitors and members are users who are using the forum "as it is", for free, and within limits prescribed by rules."
As I mentioned in an earlier post, ours is a symbiotic relationship...without SGT forum members, your advertisers will not pay money, and SGT goes down the drain.
In addition, you need to go back to school and brush up on your interpersonal communication and general business skills!

Nirish guy
May 21st, 2018, 01:43
Since you choose "Feedback forum", looks like you are talking about customers of the forum.

Cynical comment ahead![COLOR="#D3D3D3"] Well, please leave your illusion. Customers for forum - advertisers: they pay money. Visitors and members are users who are using forum "as it is", for free, and within limits prescribed by rules.

But of course without the latter you most certainly wouldn't have the former......... hence why probably a good business idea to value both.....if not equally then at least a "bit" on each side - ( or at least be seen to "appear' too if nothing else perhaps.)

Moses
May 21st, 2018, 02:04
Unlike you, I viewed it more as a "Global" question that all consumers frequently face these days.
I noticed you attempted to gray out the following gem: "Well please leave your illusion. Customers for forum - advertisers pay money. Visitors and members are users who are using the forum "as it is", for free, and within limits prescribed by rules."
As I mentioned in an earlier post, ours is a symbiotic relationship...without SGT forum members, your advertisers will not pay money, and SGT goes down the drain.
In addition, you need to go back to school and brush up on your interpersonal communication and general business skills!

Heh.... Now you can hide your ruller back into your pocket.

Loki
May 21st, 2018, 02:06
Heh.... Now you can hide your ruller back into your pocket.

English translation please?

cdnmatt
May 21st, 2018, 02:15
I'm OK, but Cndmatt is really pissed!
Pssst: message to Cndmatt. Calling a passport bureaucrat a "cunt" will get you nowhere.

You mean I shouldn't walk into the Passport Canada office wearing nothing but my rainbow colored speedos and booby tassles while yelling, "Ok, listen up you fucken cunts!"???

Maybe that's where I went wrong. Thanks, I'll make a note of that for future reference.

scottish-guy
May 21st, 2018, 02:28
....you need to go back to school and brush up on your interpersonal communication and general business skills!

It seems to me that a personality transplant would be necessary for the former - as his current one seems toxic.

As for the latter (business skills), well I think he learned those from the Ryanair management manual - specifically the bit that says that as long as you keep telling your customers they're getting a bargain, you can treat them like shite.

paborn
May 21st, 2018, 06:13
Honestly, I don't want to offend anyone. But, this is one of thos threads that rapidly lost any sense. I can't actively agree or disagree with anyone because whatever point there might have been is gone.

cdnmatt
May 21st, 2018, 06:24
I thought the question raised in the thread was quite obvious.

Does the customer service the SGT provide you with meet or exceed your expectations? If not, why not?

I'm not really sure why the OP believes SGT is required to provide us with a certain level of customer service, but fuck it, his thread, not mine.

Loki
May 21st, 2018, 06:27
Honestly, I don't want to offend anyone. But, this is one of thos threads that rapidly lost any sense. I can't actively agree or disagree with anyone because whatever point there might have been is gone.

And the reason for this comment is to inform us you're perplexed?

Loki
May 21st, 2018, 06:35
I thought the question raised in the thread was quite obvious.

Does the customer service the SGT provide you with meet or exceed your expectations? If not, why not?

I'm not really sure why the OP believes SGT is required to provide us with a certain level of customer service, but fuck it, his thread, not mine.

Cdnmatt, each forum member has their own interpretation of the question...please don't pretend to speak for me.

cdnmatt
May 21st, 2018, 07:23
Then which customer service are we talking about?

Holiday Inn? Great, although quite ingenuine.

Sun-Shine Hostel? Great, although again quite ingenuine.

Harbour Air? Awesome all around, and can't recommend them enough.

Tim Hortons? She's a bitch.

That's sports bar I ended up? Service was great, with the lady constantly popping up by my side every time she seen me stand up to goto the bathroom. Customers couldn't have been nicer as well.

SGT Staff? I don't know, and really don't care. They let me post, and leave me alone, so I guess I like them just fine.

The local taxi service here? Great folks! They help me get around, and do deliveries for me quite often. I'm on a first name basis with several of the drivers now.

The Jehoavah's Witness that shows up every Saturday? Seems nice enough, but I'll call him a cunt anyway, simply because he packs some small kid he knows from church around with him while he preaches the gospel to strangers. Irks me he has that kid in tow, because it means I can't say what I really think of his religion.

TD Bank Staff? He's a great lady, and knows me already. She takes good care of me.

My Web Host? They're fine, although some extra English would be nice. Nonetheless, I pay, and they do their job of keeping my server online, so I'm happy with their service.

I don't know, you really have to be more specific on which customer service we're talking about here.

Loki
May 21st, 2018, 07:42
Matt, interesting you use the word ingenuine, coming from a forum member whose basis in reality has long been a topic of discussion here.
It was an open question...a starting off point for discussion, no limits were placed on it.
Capiche?
BTW, I'm sure you look fetching in your rainbow colored speedos with booby tassles !!

cdnmatt
May 21st, 2018, 08:11
So you just decided to start up a thread on SGT with the broad and open ended question of "what do you think about customer service"???

Then can I assume your next thread will be something equally as brilliant like, "what do you think of working?", or "how do you feel about clouds?"?

Loki
May 21st, 2018, 08:19
Matt, I suggest you read the thread, Those 5 Golden Stars... and then do the math.
There may be a "tangential relationship."

cdnmatt
May 21st, 2018, 08:25
Well, my screen reader doesn't tell my how many stars a thread has, so fucked if I know...

Cary on I guess.

Loki
May 21st, 2018, 08:32
Matt,
FAQ & Help Forum.
The thread entitled "Those 5 Golden Stars..."
BTW, the initial question was not "what do you think about customer service"???

cdnmatt
May 21st, 2018, 08:48
Now what are you talking about? Yes, I know what the stars are. No, I can't see / hear them. Those stars are a standard feature of any forum software.

You were asking if we've received bad customer service in your OP?

If you were trying to make a joke, you're a really bad comedian.

Loki
May 21st, 2018, 08:58
Well, Matt, you've exposed me as a bad comedian...on that bombshell, I'll take my leave.
Back to the real world...I guess Matt can't allow for different interpretations to open questions.