PDA

View Full Version : No I dont want to be in YOUR CLUB, no more?

GWMinUS
July 25th, 2006, 09:17
And I had just lined up Bank of America and Wachovia to back me in this venture!!!

But Wachovia had to withdraw, due to their problems in Beruit.
And Bank of America got cold feet because the venture was not in America.

How short sited!!!

Well back to the conference table.
Had thought Smiles would be the new mananger!!!

THE Donald

catawampuscat
July 25th, 2006, 09:26
Now this is something interesting..I'll even call it a scoop..
I had heard and reported something was amiss when Diamond Pub reopened and asked lmtu for more info and
he came thru.. He even beat earwig on this one..

July 25th, 2006, 10:17
DELETED

July 25th, 2006, 10:21
John, I think LMTU must have put an extra digit where he shouldn't have.

wowpow
July 25th, 2006, 11:37
How dare you accuse LMTU of exaggeration or error.

"American guy getting caught with a 17 yo guy in an imposing position",

Malapropisms maybe.

Still we love him to death!!

July 25th, 2006, 11:43
... Well I have just been reliably Informed that the money is not forthcoming from Mr.. Clubber In Switzerland and if it is not here or confirmation of its Imminent arrival, the clubber manager will then take matters into his own hands, to salvage what there is, namely Sell the Go Go bar, I must say it is a good buy as it now looks nice, just like a medium style Go Go you would think your in Bangkok.

The next thing 1 million baht is required to complete the Clubber Restaurant ... but they had a big argument with the Sunee management, manager, fight ensued and they was promptly asked to leave, I understand the water was leaking onto the electrics and no one would claim responsibility...

Very interesting. If anyone has the money and a little more sense then they could make a go of this gogo. It's a nice bar, well situated. From the signage though I didn't know if it was a gogo bar or karaoke or something else, perhaps that is just me not looking properly, afterall, the first time I read about water on the electrics (above) I thought it said a 'waiter was leaking onto the electrics'! Was he caught short or very exciteable I pondered? If the bar actually got a few more guys in (there were about 8 at the last count) it might do some business.

Marsha-old
July 25th, 2006, 15:54
Have also heard that Throb and Splash is still on the market.

The buyer Mr PS has not come fourth with the money. So looks like everything that was to change stays the same?

July 26th, 2006, 10:09
DELETED

July 26th, 2006, 11:42
Walking through Day/Night today I noticed that Excellence Massage is up for sale. Never been there myself so I don't know how good or how busy it is. I know someone mentioned that 'all business' are available to buy at the 'right price', but is it usual for so many businesses to actively be seeking a sale?

Apart from the restaurants in Day/Night, does anyone go to other venues here. Personally I go to Sunee 1 or 2 nights per week and Boyztown/Pattayaland 3 or 4 nights per week (with maybe once a week carrying onto a karoake bar or Thai music place).

Talking of restaurants, on my first visit to Thailand I used to frequent only the air con restaurants aimed at farang; Cafe Royale, Amour etc. Then there are the ones which are more like cafe's, no air con, but still aimed at ferang and then there are the roadside food stalls you see everywhere. Now I find myself never (well maybe once in a blue moon) going to the air con places for a meal as the Thai food never seems quite as good as the meals cooked elsewhere and the food is overpriced for what you get. I see many long term residents of Pattaya still frequent the more expensive places, why?

Oh lawd, gone off topic and asked too many questions!

July 26th, 2006, 12:02
are these shenanigans any different than those that happen in the west ?..especially in the nightclub/entertainment area. Having been involved in New York and London nightclubs games about potential buyers were constantly played even by those who intended and finally purchased a place. Anything to unsettle a seller is considered reasonable if the price can be forced down.

July 27th, 2006, 21:20
I think that was Edith and I you spotted boygeorge..we always wondered how one could fry icecream.