PDA

View Full Version : Sunee Plaza nostalgia

gerefan2
May 17th, 2018, 09:07
I found these two old videos on Youtube, which were made in 2009, outside Goodboys.

Its enough to make you weep!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cln-JJvJKWo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YulVEzMjPM

francois
May 17th, 2018, 17:26
I'm weeping! What a change. I had forgotten how alive it was back then.

Manforallseasons
May 17th, 2018, 18:08
Another video of Sunee when it was the greatest gay place and yes the difference between then and now is unbelievable......

https://youtu.be/Au4N5zUeEoc

Nirish guy
May 17th, 2018, 18:10
Wow, Sunee, when it used to have people and open bars in it ! Feels like a LONG time ago now. And gotta feel sorry for that poor baby elephant getting dragged around the bars every night just so the owner can make some baht :-( Unless of course he's a party elephant and then I guess he loves it - but I'm guessing NOT !

scottish-guy
May 17th, 2018, 18:30
But did you feel any sympathy for the elderly elephant in the white shirt who emerges from GoodBoys in video 2?

:p

Nirish guy
May 17th, 2018, 20:08
Yes I was thinking that myselfwhen I noticed those guys coming out of the go go bar and thought "hmmm I wonder what that guy / those guys will feel now IF !? their young son or daughter comes running into the living rooms in front of Mummy and say's " hey dad, look, there's a man that looks JUST like you used to on a video here on youtube here and wow so funny as it's dated at exactly the same time that you were away on that big business conference trip you told us all about too, so strange Dad eh !"

Thankfully I'm long past caring about such things coming out but for older guys who grew up in different times and who perhaps ended up doing the whole "wife and kids" thing as it seemed the thing to do at the time it must always still be a worry that their "other life" may well still catch up with then even now still depending on who had a camera in their hand back then. But in terms of do I feel sorry for them, well, no, not really, their choces, the elephant still gets my vote more I'm afraid as I doubt it had much of any choice in the matter otherwise it would be "corrected" with a sharpened bullhook to it's most sensitive areas ! :-(

newalaan2
May 18th, 2018, 01:36
I'm weeping! What a change. I had forgotten how alive it was back then.

Its enough to make you weep!
Nice reminder 'gerefan' but let's face it, we may as well weep for Pattayaland soi 1-3, especially soi 1, the whole of the Day/Night area which had as many venues as Sunee does now back in the day, including a row of 6 karaoke/dance clubs, Saphan Kwai around Soi 20, the two main gay areas in Chiang Mai, Paradise Complex in Phuket, Soi 6 Silom/Surawong...and soon to be Soi Twilight, Bkk..... ALL fallen away dramatically over the last decade.

Only area to buck the trend? One Soi in Jomtien it seems!!

Another video of Sunee when it was the greatest gay place and yes the difference between then and now is unbelievable......
Your memory is playing tricks...it was NEVER the 'greatest' anything..........ever! But at times from late 90's to around 2005/6-ish, it was as you righty say 'unbelievable' but for ALL the wrong reasons......

nordicguy
May 18th, 2018, 02:19
But did you feel any sympathy for the elderly elephant in the white shirt who emerges from GoodBoys in video 2?

:p

I feel a great deal of sympathy for those two older white guys in the end of the video, but maybe in a different way. My feeling is more like: Good for him/them that he/they are having a good time there. There are quite a few videos of those places on Youtube from back in time, and even though I guess those places are/were full of farangs too, you only see the young Thai guys in the videos. Seems to be the etiquette for those video-makers :-)

But nice videos. Thanks! I only began visiting Thailand much later. Sunee is indeed different today. It seems a bit like the negative effect of internet trade. The internet trade drains the Main Street of manys towns for life and commercial activities. Since people now connect online, same things happens with this kind of social life and commercial activities, maybe?

Manforallseasons
May 18th, 2018, 05:27
Your memory is playing tricks...it was NEVER the 'greatest' anything..........ever! But at times from late 90's to around 2005/6-ish, it was as you righty say 'unbelievable' but for ALL the wrong reasons......

My memory is quite vivid and after living here now and through the peak of Sunee I have long since stopped making moral judgements......yes it has died like so many other gay places in L.O.S. but it remains if in memory only a fantastic place.

neddy3
May 18th, 2018, 11:07
Thanks to those posters who put up the video clips.

Yes, the Good Boys soi is a hell of a contrast, then and now.

Very sad.

Mobile phones and apps are one of the main bar killers, I suspect

Oliver2
May 18th, 2018, 14:30
Neddy is correct. In those days, at 1400, Sunee was deserted, as it still is of course. I recall my afternoons in Pattaya being rather dull a few years ago, with Jomtien being the only place where you could meet-up with companions.....sometimes. Today, you can sit in a hotel room and arrange a meeting with any number of cute guys. If only we could have both a vibrant scene and hornet!

pennyboy
May 18th, 2018, 17:00
these vids bring back good memories for me of Sunee when it was easily my place of choice in the evening. Full of bars , boys and a really fun atmosphere. I especially remember the White Party which was a great night with almost all bars joining in .Of course there were some bars to be avoided but most were just great venues. Now I rarely visit Sunee as I find it gets more depressing every visit and only go to Jpmtien Complex which is good fun and Boyztown which sadly is also a shadow of its former self.

francois
May 18th, 2018, 17:29

None at all, SG! That was me back then.

scottish-guy
May 18th, 2018, 19:12
Before you got really fat?

:D

Just kidding Francois :kiss:

Marsilius
May 18th, 2018, 20:06
It is hard to believe now, but I'd say that in the 1990s (or maybe it was early 2000s?) the liveliest establishment in Sunnee, Kaos, attracted more patrons nightly than any other bar in the whole of Pattaya (Jomtien complex was an undeveloped ghost town back then).

scottish-guy
May 18th, 2018, 20:13
There was also Crazy Pub where groups of boys stood on the bar wanking off and showering the customers with Boy Juice.

I found it absolutely disgusting (and once you got to know the schedule you could make sure you were really close to the bar)

Also recall Super Queen bar with their sex cabaret shows !!

nordicguy
May 19th, 2018, 18:51
There was also Crazy Pub where groups of boys stood on the bar wanking off and showering the customers with Boy Juice....

Disgusting is a hard word, but I wouldn't know what to do with myself in such a situation either :-) Sounds like crazy times. I've never seen anything like that. I've heard from an older friend that in his favourite bar (more than a decade ago) there were live shows where the participants when to the floor and they were fucking in the sofas leaning closely up against the customers sitting there (like the bottom would lean over the lap of customer while another go-go boy would do him). Is it really true that things like that were "normal" activities in bars?

Marsilius
May 19th, 2018, 18:53
Ah, yes, Super Queen.... The girl shooting darts and ping pong balls out of her nether regions (I was going to write "her fanny" but it occurred to me that that would give American readers quite the wrong impression) before being screwed on the top of the bar by one of the more handsome boys. Thankfully, the bulk of the "cabaret" featured male/male action, notably, I recall, from a pair of exceptionally handsome brothers. Sadly, the place has been boarded up for some years now.

scottish-guy's recollection of Crazy Pub is quite correct. Its successor Krazy Dragon was utterly tame by comparison, especially in its final incarnation where its American owner completely misjudged the market (as many of us pointed out here at the time).

And yes, nordicguy, that really was the norm in many establishments back then.

Ah, the good old days...

arsenal
May 19th, 2018, 19:59
A note of reality about Sunee. I first went there in 2004 and found the whole place rather unpleasant with a huge number of boys who should have been doing their homework rather than prancing semi naked in a bar. So much so that I didn't go back for 3/4 years. By then, Gary had opened The Corner Bar and this opened the whole soi up with light. However there were still lots of bars offering you know what and rumours of imminent police raids were a nightly occurrence. Bar owners would stand outside their bars nervously twitching and ready to clear the bar out via the back door if they saw anyone looking remotely official. One night the owner of Sundance told his boys to scarper only to realise that it wasn't a raid and then have fits of apoplexy as none of them returned. Street gangs of kids aged about 13/14 roamed around the place looking for trouble led by the indomitable Bo Dang (always polite and respectful to me and I occasionally bought him a meal from one of the street vendors) who one night, high on something stood behind Michael (Corner Bar Michael) threatening to hit him with a large vase. That has now, thankfully all gone and what is left, for now at least is a respectable patch of seedy fun that every non judgemental and single gay man can enjoy without hurting anyone.

scottish-guy
May 19th, 2018, 20:50
The other speciality in Super Queen was when the aforementioned performer (wearing a g string) would place a brandy glass on the stage, stand astride it, and shove an entire raw egg up her arse.

Then she would grimace at the audience, clench her anal muscles, the egg would crack, and the contents including a perfect yolk would plop into the glass.

"And the crowd goes mad" as a soccer commentator might say!

As Marsilius says - just your average night in Sunee in those days

scottish-guy
May 19th, 2018, 20:59
Disgusting is a hard word, but I wouldn't know what to do with myself in such a situation either :-) Sounds like crazy times. I've never seen anything like that. I've heard from an older friend that in his favourite bar (more than a decade ago) there were live shows where the participants when to the floor and they were fucking in the sofas leaning closely up against the customers sitting there (like the bottom would lean over the lap of customer while another go-go boy would do him). Is it really true that things like that were "normal" activities in bars?

When I said "disgusting" NordicGuy, I was joking - I loved it!

I used to end up with boy jizz running down both arms and getting napkins from the bar staff to wipe it off.

You mentioned your friend telling you about close action fucking - it was extremely common to see fucking shows (of various combinations) in the bars and very often the fucker would come off the stage with the fuckee still impaled on him and with his/her legs wrapped round him. They would then parade around the bar fucking away, and stand in front of you so close you could almost touch his balls (and some did!) while his cock darted in and out of whichever orifice it was in - in search of tips which were generously given

nordicguy
May 19th, 2018, 21:18
When I said "disgusting" NordicGuy, I was joking - I loved it!

Aw, okay. Thanks. Now I get it. When I read your first lines, I thought by myself: Wonderful idea. I'm glad that your 'disgusting' statement was a joke. For a moment I felt that I was totally wrong about this ... it's wondeful!

Since my friend told me about those fucking scenes in the bars in Pattaya, I've had those images in my head. I've been to bars (even though go-go boy bars are not really my thing), but I've never seen shows like that with close-fucking. It sounds truly amazing. I would tip those boys generously too!

newalaan2
May 19th, 2018, 21:46
My memory is quite vivid and after living here now and through the peak of Sunee I have long since stopped making moral judgements......yes it has died like so many other gay places in L.O.S. but it remains if in memory only a fantastic place.

You can live with your limits of what were peaks/acceptable behaviour/moral judgements and I'll live with mine, but we can agree on one thing, we have our own memories of when Sunee was indeed a fantastic place, maybe for different reasons/different time scale and leave it at that.

Personally, mine was from 2005 through 2012 as their best times, as the underage and addicts/urchins/thugs had been swept away and in their place was a vibrant welcoming and very busy area with lots of gogo and host bars. For the 2000-2005 period, the Day/Night area 3 Sois was far-and-away my favourite hang-out as it had the whole range of attractions, Agogos, host bars, karaokes, dance clubs with plenty freelance boys who didn't work in the gogos, live music pub, massage, and hotels/guesthouses.

Despite it's more recent flurry of closures (Crazy pub/Duks/Yayas/Come In/Blue Chilli/Marine/AllOfMe/NewQueens...TingTongRed etc etc..) Sunee remains my main area for visiting even now, and as I only come for 10-12 days of a Thailand trip at a time to Pattaya, there's more than enough entertainment/interest for me in it's current format, for me it hasn't died.....just yet, although for long-termers/expats it might be a different story. So as long as the 4 Agogs, Euro Boys, Forest Bar, Ouds, Diamond, Eden, Rainbow, Sky, Double Shot, Green Chair/sunee bar, Good Boys, One Bar, Elephant, continue to trade I'll still be there.

scottish-guy
May 19th, 2018, 23:46
Let me just say something about the so-called 'seedy/illegal' side of Sunee Plaza prostitution in the past - you had to be in the offending bars to see it.

In my opinion, most of the people who complain about it were looking for it. You can form your own opinion as to why

AsDaRa
May 19th, 2018, 23:55
Let me just say something about the so-called 'seedy/illegal' side of Sunee Plaza prostitution in the past - you had to be in the offending bars to see it.

In my opinion, most of the people who complain about it were looking for it. You can form your own opinion as to why

That explains then why these men got away with it. The average visitor of Sunee didn't notice anything.

Because for me (who is new to sex tourism, first trip 2014) it was so strange to read about Sunee's past illegal activity, because I always wondered: if these forum members saw a fellow Farang walk off with an underage boy, why didn't they go to the police, or secretly photographed the offending farang and send it to his embassy. So many say in these forums they were aware of it, so I was thinking: "This must mean they must have witnessed it. Then why did they let the offending farang get away with it? If it happened so in the open?"

Now for the first time I read it was not in the open. Then I understand why no action was taken.

Jellybean
May 20th, 2018, 00:27
. . .it was so strange to read about Sunee's past illegal activity, because I always wondered: if these forum members saw a fellow Farang walk off with an underage boy, why didn't they go to the police, or secretly photographed the offending farang and send it to his embassy. So many say in these forums they were aware of it, so I was thinking: "This must mean they must have witnessed it. Then why did they let the offending farang get away with it? If it happened so in the open?"

I think we should just leave that question hanging AsDaRa, as it is a topic which may not be discussed on the forum.

Manforallseasons
May 20th, 2018, 01:28
Because for me (who is new to sex tourism, first trip 2014) it was so strange to read about Sunee's past illegal activity, because I always wondered: if these forum members saw a fellow Farang walk off with an underage boy, why didn't they go to the police, or

I do suggest so as not to have any pangs of quilt the next time you return from Thailand to your home country and are asked by an immigration officer what was the purpose of your trip you reply It was for sex tourism!

scottish-guy
May 20th, 2018, 02:11
Yes, we wouldn't want your quilt to be panged in any way

AsDaRa
May 20th, 2018, 15:10
I do suggest so as not to have any pangs of quilt the next time you return from Thailand to your home country and are asked by an immigration officer what was the purpose of your trip you reply It was for sex tourism!

I always say this when I get that question at the airport: I go for the cheap sex. Nothing illegal. My carry on bag is full of condoms. Sometimes when it gets out of the scanner and I had forgotten to remove something electronic, they manually search it of course, and find a big plastic bag with condoms. Nothing ever happened.

You know why: because sex tourism isn't illegal. Paying for sex isn't illegal. Maybe technically in Thailand it is, but de facto it isn't and it isn't even de jure illegal in my country.

So next time an officer at the airport tells you why you go to Thailand you just tell the truth: to fuck legal age boys. What can happen? The worst that can happen is you get a jealous look from the officer who envies you.

francois
May 20th, 2018, 15:53
So next time an officer at the airport tells you why you go to Thailand you just tell the truth: to fuck legal age boys. What can happen? The worst that can happen is you get a jealous look from the officer who envies you.

No, the worst that can happen is you and your belongings will be searched and you will be detained for hours.

a447
May 20th, 2018, 16:06
The last thing I'd want to do is antagonise someone in Thailand wearing a uniform.

I'd rather make life easy for myself.

scottish-guy
May 20th, 2018, 17:07
Amazing lack of awareness from AsDaRa, not to mention extremely bad advice:

....I always say this when I get that question at the airport: I go for the cheap sex....Find that hard to believe, but OK

.... sex tourism isn't illegal...Depending on your home country's attitude to homosexual activity, depending on what you do, and depending on your home country's Age of Consent, Yes, it can be....

Paying for sex isn't illegal. Maybe technically in Thailand it is... Yes it is .

So next time an officer at the airport tells you why you go to Thailand you just tell the truth: to fuck legal age boys. .And be prepared to have every inch of your luggage searched and any phones, computers, cameras forensically examined

It seems AsDaRa likes to pick and choose which laws he thinks apply to him. Hopefully he'll never be in the position of finding out that the authorities may have a different interpretation

AsDaRa
May 20th, 2018, 17:17
The last thing I'd want to do is antagonise someone in Thailand wearing a uniform.

I'd rather make life easy for myself.

I agree. I was referring to Amsterdam airport.

AsDaRa
May 20th, 2018, 17:19
Amazing lack of awareness from AsDaRa, not to mention extremely bad advice:

It seems AsDaRa likes to pick and choose which laws he thinks apply to him. Hopefully he'll never be in the position of finding out that the authorities may have a different interpretation

Of course it depends on the jurisdiction. If you live in Iran and tell there at the airport you go for gay sex that is a bad idea. OF COURSE, THAT IS OBVIOUS.

But in my situation in the Netherlands, where gay sex is legal, where sex tourism is legal, were paying for sex is legal, what is the issue?

scottish-guy
May 20th, 2018, 17:25
The issue is that whatever country you come from it's not acceptable to tell boldly tell police, immigration, or customs officers that you go to Thailand to fuck legal age boys (especially using the word boys) - unless you're prepared for the added attention and scrutiny which will inevitably result.

If you are saying that you routinely make this statement and that there are no repercussions then (as I said) I find that very hard to believe but I won't call you a liar.

At the very least I'd expect your passport to be "flagged" - which you won't of course know about

:drink:

scottish-guy
May 20th, 2018, 17:40
Just to add I have direct experience of being "stopped" on arrival back home.

I had passed passport control and was stopped by two police officers who wanted to know all manner of personal details, why I'd been where I'd been, who I knew in Thailand, where I'd stayed, what areas did I visit, how often did I go there (one of them may have been MiniMee in disguise).

I responded that I'd been to Thailand "many times", it was a very beautiful country, the locals are very friendly and that I knew "many people" - to which they replied "We know" (which was pretty scarey but I'm certain it was bluff on their part).

They noted down everything I said, which disconcerted me.

Now (as some may have guessed), I'm a fairly belligerent character and I also can't stand the attitude of Police (in this country at least they are merely civilians in uniform and legally, policing is by consent) - so I demanded to know why they had stopped me. "Routine enquiries" I was told. I then demanded to know what would happen to the information they had noted down as they had indicated no suspicion that I had committed any crime, so why should my details and statement be retained by them. My question was ignored and I was flipped off.

I then proceeded (fuming of course) through the "Nothing To Declare" channel and - you've guessed it - I was stopped and every inch of my baggage searched. By this time I was incandescent and I said to the Customs Officer "You're only doing this because I answered back to the Cops aren't you?" and he was quite open in agreeing and added that they had radioed through to Customs to stop me. Of course nothing was found and after 30 minutes I was free to go.

So, I would strongly suggest that you do nothing to antagonise the bastards as you won't win!

AsDaRa
May 20th, 2018, 17:44
The issue is that whatever country you come from it's not acceptable to tell boldly tell police, immigration, or customs officers that you go to Thailand to fuck legal age boys (especially using the word boys) - unless you're prepared for the added attention and scrutiny which will inevitably result.

If you are saying that you routinely make this statement and that there are no repercussions then (as I said) I find that very hard to believe but I won't call you a liar.

At the very least I'd expect your passport to be "flagged" - which you won't of course know about

:drink:

You only say this when asked. So this means you are more or less forced to lie then to them? They ask what you go do, you tell the truth (a truth which is 100% legal!!) and the advice is, better lie? Then why do they ask the question if they know they will never get in such a case an honest answer? Why then ask it?
So all these sex tourists will answer: "to see beautiful temples, for the food".

Strange rituals, these airport rituals.

Officer asks question to a likely sex tourist (his 5th visit this year) and he knows the answer will be a lie, and tells him after the answer that he can proceed. What a strange strange ritual. However if he had answered: "to fuck 25 year old guys" he would have been searched. Strange strange. Why then ask????

AsDaRa
May 20th, 2018, 17:57
So, I would strongly suggest that you do nothing to antagonise the bastards as you won't win!

I agree. Better lie to save you form this prejeduced hassle from these officers. I would be the same as you are, I would also get angry/aggressive. I would also demand to know why etc.
I would also ask "If I had been a woman going many times to Thailand, would you have stopped me then too. Do you know that I see many women in gay bars there, paying for sex. Why you stop only men? Can I know your name, to file a discrimination complain against you, you stop me because of my sex". I would feel very tempted to do this when stopped.

a447
May 20th, 2018, 18:10
It's all just a game.

Better to just hold your tongue and play along if you can.

I've done that most of my life and saved myself a lot of stress.

DrewSpz
May 20th, 2018, 18:16
So do you think education and enforcement sort of drove the younger guys (like 16-18) away from the business? Or is it just more underground now?

Jellybean
May 20th, 2018, 20:07
So do you think education and enforcement sort of drove the younger guys (like 16-18) away from the business? Or is it just more underground now?

As I said earlier at post #26 and to avoid any further interventions from me, the discussion of underage sex is best avoided entirely, as it is a topic that members are not permitted to discuss on the forum.

Smiles
May 20th, 2018, 21:44
" ... So next time an officer at the airport tells you why you go to Thailand you just tell the truth: to fuck legal age boys ..."A bit bloody stupid don't you think? Why not just say "on holiday"? That's also the truth, and even has fewer letters.
Some real wankers on this board. :eek:

scottish-guy
May 20th, 2018, 21:48
Without straying into forbidden subjects - prostitution (in all its manifestations) is the oldest profession in the world, it will never disappear and just because it's not in your face, you can be sure it's there under the surface in any country in the world

paborn
May 20th, 2018, 22:00

I suspect that when a country is vastly more prosperous than it's neighbors you find workers from low income arriving and driving out locals who expect more remuneration. Thw last time I was in Pattaya someone at Toy Boys from Chaing Rai told me he was going back home where life is cheaper and he could work in a 7 Eleven and be able to survive with a steady salary, Cambodians, Laotions and Northen area Vietnamese have far less options.

paborn
May 20th, 2018, 22:12
As to the airport, please forgive me; but this is silly. Why would any person reply with anything other than "on holiday" . I'm not a catholic and do not support the idea of a "sin of omission" Not volunteering information is not a lie; especially when so personal. Good God, when Mom asked if you slept well did you volunteer your mastubatory practices or did you "LIE" like any rational youth?

AsDaRa
May 20th, 2018, 22:31
As to the airport, please forgive me; but this is silly. Why would any person reply with anything other than "on holiday" . I'm not a catholic and do not support the idea of a "sin of omission" Not volunteering information is not a lie; especially when so personal. Good God, when Mom asked if you slept well did you volunteer your mastubatory practices or did you "LIE" like any rational youth?

You are right of course. But I see a difference between family/friends/collegues and all others.

I only feel shame when friends or family know something I rather keep secret (that I am a sex tourist for example). If a government employee (airport officer) who doesnt know me and I don't know him knows that about me, I don't feel any shame. Say you have erection problems. You care if some person knows that about you, a person who doesn't know you and you dont know him? Yet, you don't tell this easily to friends and family, then you start caring.

So there is a difference between voluntering information to unknown people versus known people.

So likewise I don't care if someone I don't know knows I am a sex tourist. I would care if people at work knew that about me. Because you can expect daily jokes about it etc.

Manforallseasons
May 20th, 2018, 22:49
https://youtu.be/c-558n_uTpU

francois
May 20th, 2018, 23:27
If a government employee (airport officer) who doesnt know me and I don't know him knows that about me, I don't feel any shame. Say you have erection problems. You care if some person knows that about you, a person who doesn't know you and you dont know him? Yet, you don't tell this easily to friends and family, then you start caring.

So likewise I don't care if someone I don't know knows I am a sex tourist. I would care if people at work knew that about me. Because you can expect daily jokes about it etc.

This reminds me of a quote by Donald Rumsfeld (United States Secretary of Defense)

Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns – the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of our country and other free countries, it is the latter category that tend to be the difficult ones.

AsDaRa
May 21st, 2018, 00:08
https://youtu.be/c-558n_uTpU

Nice song

Smiles
May 21st, 2018, 00:12
" .... because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns – the ones we don't know we don't know ... "
Sounds very much like Cndmatt searching desperately for yet another passport conundrum to get caught up in.
I wonder if he knows that?

gerefan2
May 21st, 2018, 00:23
Nice song

But what the hell is it about??

AsDaRa
May 21st, 2018, 00:29
Also very nice song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGBnAnck_eA

(nice singing voice that cute Asian has)

francois
May 21st, 2018, 12:16
But what the hell is it about??

It is a pablum song,

pab·lum
ˈpabləm/Submit
noun
bland or insipid intellectual fare, entertainment, etc.; pap.