PDA

View Full Version : NEW Amazon Coffee Shop in Tukcom South Pattaya

travelerjim
May 15th, 2018, 14:19
In recent months a NEW Amazon Coffee Shop has opened in Tukcom South Pattaya. On the main floor next to the Siam Commercial Bank.

I like it...much less expensive than Starbucks.
A hot Cafe Latte is 50 Thai baht. Similar savings on all offered.

Free Wi-Fi and Free glass of water served too...
Helpful waiter staff.

Open 9:00 am to 9:00 pm.
They have a side door on the West side of Tukcom for early entry.
Tj

travelerjim
May 15th, 2018, 14:58
Also there are many electrical outlets available for charging your electronic devices.
Tj

scottish-guy
May 15th, 2018, 18:35
Vibrators?

Mine takes disposable batteries but I hear that some heavy-duty users have rechargeable.

But in an attempt to keep on-topic - I take it there's no connection to the "real" Amazon retailer (or is there)?

paborn
May 15th, 2018, 18:37
In recent months a NEW Amazon Coffee Shop has opened in Tukcom South Pattaya. On the main floor next to the Siam Commercial Bank.

I like it...much less expensive than Starbucks.
A hot Cafe Latte is 50 Thai baht. Similar savings on all offered.

Free Wi-Fi and Free glass of water served too...
Helpful waiter staff.

Open 9:00 am to 9:00 pm.
They have a side door on the West side of Tukcom for early entry.
Tj
Your posts are always so informative!

scottish-guy
May 15th, 2018, 18:38
Can you advise Paborn whether the side door opens inwards or outwards

MiniMee
May 15th, 2018, 21:23
I take it there's no connection to the "real" Amazon retailer (or is there)?

Café Amazon is certainly real. It’s a Thai coffee shop chain with branches all over Thailand and in Cambodia, Myanmar and Laos. http://www.cafe-amazon.com/index.aspx?Lang=EN

We know you’ve only been to Thailand once in the past decade but they’ve been in existence since the early noughties and even you visited a few times then.

Smiles
May 15th, 2018, 21:45
Amazon Coffee outlets are everywhere in Thailand, most of them being located at PTT gas stations: "why" you ask? Because PTT owns Amazon Coffee! The profit margin on gas-at-the-pump sales is very small, while the Amazon outlet's coffee business is much higher. PTT is a smart company. Many malls have them as well.

Having said that, I agree Amazon makes a really good cup of coffee ~~ the best cappucino ~~ for a very decent price. We stop there all the time when we are on the road.
As an aside, PTT gas stations usually have the cleanest toilets of all the big highway operations . . . another reason to pull in there.

https://image.ibb.co/dCzi5d/130px_PTT_Public_Company_logo_svg.png

bucknaway
May 16th, 2018, 00:41
Can you advise Paborn whether the side door
opens inwards or outwards

It's Pattaya so I'm sure it swings both ways and is well hung for a door.

scottish-guy
May 16th, 2018, 02:57
Café Amazon is certainly real...they’ve been in existence since the early noughties and even you visited a few times then.

Doubt it - I don't drink coffee!

But what I meant was - were they related to the Amazon online retailer? But that's now been answered

Nirish guy
May 16th, 2018, 03:05
Will be interesting to see if "Amazon" (the retailer) try to squeeze into that market as I see they've just released their very own Amazon "Happy Belly" branded coffee !

https://www.eater.com/2016/6/29/12061702/amazon-coffee-happy-belly