PDA

View Full Version : Nicky's Bar & Cafe... Soi Beukheau area

travelerjim
May 14th, 2018, 17:46
Have any of you enjoyed eating at this Cafe ?
It sure looks delicious ...I'm tempted to try it.

They offer daily specials... Serve breakfast, lunch and dinner.

293 / 27 Soi Buakhao Pattaya,

Walking distance from Boyztown and Tukcom South Pattaya.

Monday’s special is Pork Chop served with sautéed or mashed potatoes, peas, mushrooms, tomato and onion rings 175b.

http://nickysbarpattaya.com/

Tj

paborn
May 14th, 2018, 19:11
Have any of you enjoyed eating at this Cafe ?
It sure looks delicious ...I'm tempted to try it.

They offer daily specials... Serve breakfast, lunch and dinner.

293 / 27 Soi Buakhao Pattaya,

Monday’s special is Pork Chop served with sautéed or mashed potatoes, peas, mushrooms, tomato and onion rings 175b.

http://nickysbarpattaya.com/

Tj
HI jim, I'm not sure I would call this "walking distance", but that's my bad feet talking. The food looks good so I'm adding it to my check list. Any idea what the guest house is like? If, for most, it's walking distance to BT, Tukcom and, by inference, Sunee it might serve some of our friends needs. Looks like only $21 USD a night.

pennyboy
May 14th, 2018, 22:04
I have eaten there a few times and the quality is pretty good. On some of their dishes they offer them in either small or standard size portions. From experience I now choose the small as the large ,especially the roast dinners, are just too much for me and I have a decent appetite.

francois
May 15th, 2018, 11:49

You walk there? :devilsh:

mr giggles
May 15th, 2018, 13:52
All I see is Potato fries, mashed potato, fried onion rings, steak, and 2 veg

which bit looks good? Wouldn't eat it at the best of times- let alone on holiday

:bo:

travelerjim
May 15th, 2018, 14:12
Francois... Even I could with my four wheeled walker...
Just be careful with the sidewalks and streets of Pattaya. As one would or should ALL the time. TIT

a447
May 15th, 2018, 15:05
Just be careful with the sidewalks and streets of Pattaya. As one would or should ALL the time. TIT

Good advice.

I tripped on the curb opposite Boyztown once and broke my foot.

But I still managed to hobble over to Sunee for an evening of entertainment.

Now, that's commitment!

Lol

That food doesn't do anything for me at all - I can eat that at home.

But to each his own. And I guess ex-pats would get sick and tired of Thai food after a while.

catawampuscat
May 15th, 2018, 15:23
You walk there? :devilsh:

with many farang expats in Pattaya now deep in their seventies and early eighties, walkers, canes and wheelchairs
are omnipresent. One farang just had his 84th birthday and manages to get out and around, albeit with assistance.
I imagine one now has to think of walking distance like spitting distance and not be taken literally.

Blacktouch
May 15th, 2018, 15:46
All I see is Potato fries, mashed potato, fried onion rings, steak, and 2 veg

which bit looks good? Wouldn't eat it at the best of times- let alone on holiday

:bo:

At least he is giving information for others who may like that kind of food. Thank you travelerjim

paborn
May 15th, 2018, 18:45
with many farang expats in Pattaya now deep in their seventies and early eighties, walkers, canes and wheelchairs
are omnipresent. One farang just had his 84th birthday and manages to get out and around, albeit with assistance.
I imagine one now has to think of walking distance like spitting distance and not be taken literally.
God bless you! Yes, Boys Town to Sunee can be a hike filled with pot holes and bad walkways - esp. with my cane

gerefan2
May 15th, 2018, 19:32
God bless you! Yes, Boys Town to Sunee can be a hike filled with pot holes and bad walkways - esp. with my cane

Which is precisely why, when I walk anywhere and I walk a lot, I always walk in the the street, just out from the parked motorbikes. So much safer in many respects.
Pattaya Tai and Second Road included.

francois
May 15th, 2018, 23:13
ch is precisely why, when I walk anywhere and I walk a lot, I always walk in the Whithe street, just out from the parked motorbikes. So much safer in many respects.
Pattaya Tai and Second Road included.

Oh, oh, not so! They only ones I see walking in the street are Chinese, Indians and Arabs who seem to not understand the dangers they present to the drivers.
Not a good practice to do when sidewalks are available.

gerefan2
May 16th, 2018, 00:44
Not a good practice to do when sidewalks are available.

Ive tripped and nearly fallen so many times on the pavement that I have come to the conclusion that I am safer walking in the kerb. Its always smoother.

Im now reading that members here have had falls and even broken their feet...that I am going to avoid.!

GWMinUS
May 16th, 2018, 06:41
Paborn, get a folding one, like I have, And ride a motorbike!!!
Works great!!
GWMinUS

a447
May 16th, 2018, 07:13
Sorry, travellerjim, this is off-topic (but this topic may have run its course); it's something that has affected me, and obviously others, badly over the years.

I've stumbled and fallen many times in S.E. Asia, twisting my ankles and straining calf muscles.

I once tripped on the stairs in a supermarket in Phnom Pehn because the stair was uneven and the lighting was so bad I couldn't see the bottom steps. I did it two days in a row! I struggled to walk for the next few days.

I've also jarred my back many times due to uneven surfaces or little steps which go unnoticed. They are often found in the pavement or outside of small shops.

So these days I never wear flip-flops, as they do not hold your foot securely and allow it to bend or twist, especially when stepping off curbs.

I've only had these problems in Asia.

paborn
May 17th, 2018, 03:03
Paborn, get a folding one, like I have, And ride a motorbike!!!
Works great!!
GWMinUS

I have a folding one, fantastic. But, I saw a friend, this is true, killed by a bike accident and, recently, a young neighbor boy lived but lost both legs. Just two in my 70 years, but I'm petrified of the motorbikes. Frankly, I'm not all that happy the way the Thai drive a car!

aot871
May 17th, 2018, 14:28
where is this cafe in relationship to the pattaya hospital which is near soi 15

francois
May 17th, 2018, 17:21
Here is a google map which shows the relationship of Nickys and the Hospital.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Pattaya+City+Hospital/@12.92789,100.884303,608m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x3560717caad7805c!8m2 !3d12.92789!4d100.884303