PDA

View Full Version : Yupins is celebrating its fifth anniversary

lonelywombat
May 12th, 2018, 09:26
I will not go over the silly season of those who critised Yupins cooking, including that poster who went 10 years ago. I missed visiting this last trip but like to keep up with all his comments.

Well today is a big day for Yupins because we are five years old and we have just completed a major upgrade.
So Happy Birthday to Yupins Restaurant, and the upgrade, finally, is the enclosing of the Terrace with a glass wall and sliding doors, and installing Air Conditioning!!
Previously the handicap we suffered Was that only half the seats were Air Con and the noise from the bars having a party around us did deter customers from sitting in the Terrace area.
So, now we have changed all that and we have all 50 seats in Air Conditioning and the huge noise from the speaker stacks will be, I hope, suitably diminished and not deter customers outside
Also of course the dishes that come from the Kitchen must be always the same and faultless, and this does seem mostly to be the case thank goodness!

Our new dishes are doing very well, the steaks are good, and we now have a good range of steak styles, Filet Mignon being the best seller, then Australian grass fed striploin, then Australian grass fed Ribeye, very well marbled, then a good local fillet of beef. All are doing well,
not to forget
The Old English Rib of Beef, carved at table is a great seller, although it is a large piece of meat, very very soft and delicious with a degree of fat, but good for two hungry persons or three, along with lots of fresh veg and a choice of potatoes. This is highly recommended. Not expensive for 3 persons too, at 1,495 baht. It is served with a pepper sauce and garlic butter and English mustard if you want it.

the above from his email letter

The monthly report is full of photos and is avail from

038 250 394 after 3pm
closed wednesdays

Cell Phone:
087 062 9672

yupin@yupins.com

WWW.YUPINS.COM (http://www.yupins.com/)

www.facebook.com/yupinsrestaurant (http://www.facebook.com/yupinsrestaurant)

Smiles
May 13th, 2018, 00:30
OK OK Lonely ... as you choose to denigrate -- in advance and in your first sentence! -- any person who should have the temerity to write a few words of a negative nature regarding Lupins, I shall, by the looks of it the only one, do just that.

I have been, over the years, to Lupins four times. Each time the experience was across the board mediocre and forgettable at best. One dessert was, if I recall, quite good. (If you are wondering why would I go again ... I went with friends, one of whom is a Lupins fan, and good for him).
The best thing about Lupins is it's location in the middle of Jomtien complex.

scottish-guy
May 13th, 2018, 03:39
...The Old English rib of beef.....

Im puzzled - since when was English beef an international delicacy?

Never, as far as I'm aware. Scotch beef yes, Brazilian, Argentinian, maybe even Australian too - but English?

They'll be serving up jellied eels and pie & mash next

:mocking_mini:

paborn
May 13th, 2018, 06:34
Im puzzled - since when was English beef an international delicacy?

Never, as far as I'm aware. Scotch beef yes, Brazilian, Argentinian, maybe even Australian too - but English?

They'll be serving up jellied eels and pie & mash next

:mocking_mini:

Let's see: The Beef Eaters, The roast beef of old England, even beef eaters gin - Lord, even an American like me from the cultural badlands of South Florida knows roast beef is synonymous with England.

MiniMee
May 13th, 2018, 06:43
The term ‘English Rib of Beef’ refers to the cut (style of butchery) rather than the origin of the meat.

It’s probably Australian too.

sglad
May 13th, 2018, 13:13
I will not go over the silly season of those who critised Yupins cooking, including that poster who went 10 years ago.

Do you think they would consider doing meatloaf nights?

scottish-guy
May 13th, 2018, 14:37
Let's see: The Beef Eaters, The roast beef of old England, even beef eaters gin - Lord, even an American like me from the cultural badlands of South Florida knows roast beef is synonymous with England.

You've missed the point spectacularly.

Eating fried maggots might be "synonymous" with Thailand but it doesn't make the Thai maggots an internationally renowned product.

scottish-guy
May 13th, 2018, 14:37
The term ‘English Rib of Beef’ refers to the cut (style of butchery) rather than the origin of the meat.

It’s probably Australian too.

Fair point MiniMee

Brad the Impala
May 14th, 2018, 00:27
And even Le Rosbif!

"Rosbifs became a mark of the Englishman as far as the French were concerned in the 18th Century, simply because it was a very popular way of cooking," he says.

"That style began to apply to other meats cooked in the same way, so you would also have 'rosbif de mouton' and that sort of thing."

Thus an English term becomes part of the French vocabulary, like "le weekend", part of a spread of the English language which infuriates many French. Rosbif as a name for roast beef, however, carried on spreading and is now also used in Spain and Italy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/2913151.stm

francois
May 14th, 2018, 16:23

I have been, over the years, to Lupins four times. Each time the experience was across the board mediocre and forgettable at best.

Guess you have not tried their meatloaf? :devilsh:

lonelywombat
May 24th, 2018, 13:55
from yupins newsletter

Here is some good news, YUPINS restaurant has again won the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence, this year 2018, making now four years in a row!
It is of course thanks to you and our staff for the work that has been put into this result!
I am very happy and grateful to you for your support over the last years.
Whooooo!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Of course the fine dining expertise of arsenal,smiles and pennyboy has to be accepted, but Yupins located in the heart of gay Jomtien Plaza, is no mean achievement.

arsenal
May 24th, 2018, 14:22
I seem to recall Lonely moaned like a constipated l camel when I posted a restaurant review in the Gay Thailand forum some time ago. And yet...

lonelywombat
May 24th, 2018, 14:47
arsenal you forgot the main point, Yupins does not know who I am and I have never mentioned it to him or staff.
no kick backs or discounts.
there is a huge difference between your posting and mine..

arsenal
May 24th, 2018, 14:57
Good. Please stay out of my lucrative restaurant review enterprise. Thank you.

pennyboy
May 24th, 2018, 15:59
from yupins newsletter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Of course the fine dining expertise of arsenal,smiles and pennyboy has to be accepted, but Yupins located in the heart of gay Jomtien Plaza, is no mean achievement.

I can't recall what I have done to be given such a fine accolade by our esteemed restaurant (Yupins) critic.

Marsilius
May 24th, 2018, 19:39
Yupins food is perfectly OK - if, I think, somewhat overpriced. It does good business primarily because of its convenient location. My main objection is to the owner who insists on spreading his forced bonhomie all over the place. I thought that sort of thing had mercifully left us when Amor closed down and the overbearing Richard Burke was no longer on the scene. Some restaurateurs seem to have an inner performer that just must have a stage whether its audience actually wants it or not.

lonelywombat
May 25th, 2018, 13:49
Yupins food is perfectly OK - if, I think, somewhat overpriced. It does good business primarily because of its convenient location. My main objection is to the owner who insists on spreading his forced bonhomie all over the place. I thought that sort of thing had mercifully left us when Amor closed down and the overbearing Richard Burke was no longer on the scene. Some restaurateurs seem to have an inner performer that just must have a stage whether its audience actually wants it or not.

With Richard Burke and Mr Yupins it is very easy to say, I am fine, thank you and thats it. Several friends at both restaurants took part in a conversation, and then complain when he leaves. I dont , just say all is fine and but dont take conversation further.

scottish-guy
May 25th, 2018, 14:52
With Richard Burke and Mr Yupins it is very easy to say, I am fine, thank you and thats it...

Good luck having that conversation with Richard Burke - presumably either a Ouija Board or a medium will be involved as the last I heard he was dead

:D

lonelywombat
May 25th, 2018, 17:42
Good luck having that conversation with Richard Burke - presumably either a Ouija Board or a medium will be involved as the last I heard he was dead
:D

Congratulations to pointing out that Richard has passed away. It has kept me awake at night wondering if somebody would make an issue of it. I thought it would probably be you.

arsenal
May 25th, 2018, 18:06
Well said Lonely. As Scottish Guy is hiding from me behind his tweed curtains, it falls to every decent member here to reign in his unpleasant excesses.

Scottish Guy wrote.
"the last I heard he was dead. :D"
He's writing that complete with a laughing emoji about a real person.

kittyboy
May 27th, 2018, 00:07
Congratulations to pointing out that Richard has passed away. It has kept me awake at night wondering if somebody would make an issue of it. I thought it would probably be you.

If the guy is dead what is the issue?

lonelywombat
May 27th, 2018, 09:36
These responses are typical of how some members try and make this forum a slinging match for their clashes with other posters.
I had hoped that more stringent moderation might gradually trim these out. Arenal and scottishguy are not the only ones, but are prominent at the moment.