PDA

View Full Version : US Flights - EVA

Bob
July 24th, 2006, 09:44
I expected the EVA prices from the US(LAX) to Thailand to drop this fall but didn't expect the decent prices I found. I got a flight in October (return November) for a total of $977.00 ($744.00 plus the taxes and miscellaneous fees) and that's in evergreen/elite class (did not check economy as my legs can't handle that). That's cheaper, I think, than I've paid for about 3 years.

bao-bao
July 24th, 2006, 09:57
I have economy seating in October - $710 round trip, including all taxes and fees.

And yes, Economy's a figurative and literal pain, but I'd rather spend the extra money there with my friends.

Never flown EVA before, but it was the most affordable.

July 24th, 2006, 14:32
I booked ED on EVA with departure date of Nov 7 - SFO - BKK for $1005 R/T inclusive of all extra charges. It is the same price I paid last yr but about $200 less than I paid in June 2005.

July 26th, 2006, 05:12
Any rate under $1000 from LA to BKK is very good nowdays. I suspect because October is a slow period for EVA. December rates are closer to $1100 for econ. and $1400 for elite class. EVA is a great airline and I used them exclusively for the last 4 years until Thai started their non stop from LA. A little more money, but well worth skipping the 3.5 hour layover and extra security hassles. I'll never fly anything else anymore.

July 27th, 2006, 16:15
I noticed Buckaroo2 has booked evergreen class for $1005. I have booked on the next day economy class for $743. Since I have never flown with Eva, I was wondering if the difference in classes is worth the $262? I am sure the leg room and seat comfort is worth it to many on a long flight. Any other notable differences? Thanks.

Up2U
July 27th, 2006, 18:43
"Evergreen Class worth the extra money? ".....well worth the extra money IMHO. Besides almost business class seating, you get slightly better food and boarding privileges (and maybe a more favorable bathroom/passenger ratio). Bigger seats alone are worth the extra $ unless you are a child or a very small person. I'm paying $1,340 from SFO and leaving just before the New Year (high season) which is $260 less than same time last year.

July 27th, 2006, 18:53
I agree. Worth every extra cent.

bucknaway
July 28th, 2006, 06:43
I am booking my flight with EVA tonight. I too will get the upgraded Economy seat. The seats are advertised to come with a laptop power supply plug-in but I am not sure if I will be able to use it for my laptop.

Last year, I was halfway there before I found out my seat had a functioning foot rest much like a recliner chair!

I am not rich by any means, but I am not thinking twice about spending the extra $200 for the upgraded seat on a 24 hour flight.

July 28th, 2006, 07:03
The extra money is worth it to me. An added advantage for me is that as a Gold Card member I often get upgraded from Economy Deluxe to Business or Premium Laurel. Last return trip I got upgraded on both legs of my trip. The Premium Laurel on the 777 is great - fully reclining seats, touch screen music, video, games and all the other amenities. There is no 1st class on the 777 - all premium seats are Premium Laurel and this class is far superior to the Business Class on the 747. But I still prefer the economy deluxe seating on the 747 over the seating in the Elite class on the 777. I am at an age where I would never consider flying economy - just can't handle it anymore.