PDA

View Full Version : Sunee Plaza's Ting Tong Red bar, restaurant and guest rooms permanently closure.

Moses
May 5th, 2018, 01:28
-1 more in Sunee.

gerefan2
May 5th, 2018, 02:45
This is really bad news.
Does it affect Double shot?

Moses
May 5th, 2018, 03:06
Does it affect Double shot?

I have no idea, sorry. I got news from local boys and they are off-line already (night).

Manforallseasons
May 5th, 2018, 03:24

gerefan2
May 5th, 2018, 04:22
I have talked to a friend who works in Double Shot. He says it remains open.

I assume the Hotel is the Elephant ? Is that correct?

What about the meatloaf crowd?

Blacktouch
May 5th, 2018, 04:58
I have talked to a friend who works in Double Shot. He says it remains open.

I assume the Hotel is the Elephant ? Is that correct?

What about the meatloaf crowd?

Elephant Hotel and Bar is owned by the same owner/s as Double Shot Bar.

arsenal
May 5th, 2018, 05:21
Sad news. The whole concept of offering a 'beach' style hangout place was wonderful.

francois
May 5th, 2018, 18:16
The closing of Ting Tong may well be the end of the meatloaf dinners. :(
Not many venues in Sunee Plaza to host one.

Manforallseasons' post sums it up quite well.

Mario the manager of Ting Tong is returning to Germany for medical treatments. The owner of Ting Tong could not continue to back it anymore.

AsDaRa
May 5th, 2018, 18:44

Manforallseasons' post sums it up quite well.

Mario the manager of Ting Tong is returning to Germany for medical treatments. The owner of Ting Tong could not continue to back it anymore.

When you say 'owner' I assume you mean a Thai national? Because I think I read once that foreigners cannot own property in Thailand.
So all these farangs who run boy bars in Pattaya they are not legally the owner of the bar?

Nirish guy
May 5th, 2018, 20:10
“All these farang owners” etc from above ....

Surely at the rate things are declining in the bars the old idea of some hobbyist supportive farang being behind most of the boy bars in pattaya is now fairly much getting to be a thing of the past surely anyhow now - no ?

And that is a question not a statement, I don’t know, I’m asking.

Going back years the norm of course seemed to be either a rich ( or stupid or both ) Farang who just didn’t care and poured money into his bar month after month just for the ( very questionable) “fun” of it OR it was the rose tinted glasses farang, who had maybe just arrived with a bit of hard cash burning a hole in his pocket for some reason such as retirement fund kicking in etc and couldn’t wait to be relieved of his cash to own a bar that seemed to usual standard ownership model.

The first carrying on just until he got bored (or arrested) usually and the second one, once he realised that the “gold mine” he’d been “allowed” to buy “very cheap” from some other previously rose tinted glassed farang was in fact anything but and so he then quickly sold up and cashed in losses before he lost ALL his life savings - or maybe just after, usually selling on the next rose ttinted farang who was fresh off the plane on his third or fourth visit and with some fresh money in his pocket too.

So, I’m aware of Allan etc in sky bar etc but aside from him and a few others I wonder ARE there still actually as many farang “owners” still around patts as there used to be maybe ? Or have the older wiser / richer Thais now bought / forced / robbed / arrested / extorted nearly all of them / is out of there by now I wonder ??

I should add here in his defence ( and aside from all his many negative points) Neal ( yes that one) has at one point the opportunity to convince me to buy his bar “cheap” as I too went through the rose tinted period of course and had a few quid and was debating “changing my life” etc and to his external credit he didn’t persue the opportunity and in fact strongly warned me off buying his or ANY bar in Thailand for all the reasons that I and we all are fully aware of now.

So whilst he may have been a bollicks in many other ways I do always give him credit for his decent actions around then - and trust me once he told me the true costs etc v ( non existent ) profit v the hours required to be on the premises to stop scams etc only a fool would have gone ahead with the purchase - although it seems some still do ( thank god for us) but to be fair to him he could have lied his way through that and didn’t. Thank goodness I caught him at one of the better times when we were having those particular discussions !

arsenal
May 5th, 2018, 20:54
Neal did actually post a full breakdown of the monthly costs which if my memory serves me right were 72000 baht. I'm sure most of us have at some time or other looked into owning a bar in Thailand.

a447
May 5th, 2018, 21:13
At that rate he would have been making money, at least at the start. I remember the crowds he used to attract to the bar night after night, especially when he organised events such as big cock competitions.

Sunny Boys was packed every night in the beginning - standing room only and on some nights customers were actually turned away at the door!

But sooner or later the number of customers falls away. Does the novelty of a new bar soon wear off? Do the customers get bored quickly?

I thought Happy Place was going from strength to strength, but it failed. Sure, some of the boys were playing up when Neal wasn't there to keep them in check, but the bar started losing customers before that.

Customers can be fickle. As we know, some nights Sunee Plaza is jumping, and Ting Tong Red sometimes was crowded, yet at other times everything is quiet as customers don't patronise the area.

arsenal
May 5th, 2018, 21:19
Every bar is full of new boys and so everyone wants to see what's on offer.

a447
May 5th, 2018, 21:46
The owner of Ting Tong could not continue to back it anymore.

So it wasn't making sufficient profit, I guess.

Ting Tong had a lot going for it - the bar, the boys, entertainment, the meatloaf nights, the guest house, a decent location in the soi, etc. Yet it still failed.

What hope do the other places have?

sglad
May 5th, 2018, 21:49

WHAAAT??? No more cheap, sorry, inexpensive meatloaf dinners?!! Has the PM been alerted?:eek:

My condolences, francois. I hope you're getting all the emotional support you need in what must be a very difficult time for you.

a447
May 5th, 2018, 21:56
I don't think I've ever had meatloaf and to be honest, it doesn't appeal to me. But I imagine the meatloaf nights are more about catching up with friends than a gourmet experience.

It shouldn't take long to find another venue.

Why don't you approach Goodboys? If you met there for your evenings I'm sure you'd attract a larger group of friends to join you! And there would be a diversion should the conversation go quiet. Lol

arsenal
May 5th, 2018, 21:59
Goodboys already have a nightly sausage sizzle so I'm not sure a meatloaf night would fit in. Haha.

francois
May 6th, 2018, 00:07
When you say 'owner' I assume you mean a Thai national? Because I think I read once that foreigners cannot own property in Thailand.
So all these farangs who run boy bars in Pattaya they are not legally the owner of the bar?

No, I was referring to the person who provided financial support to the bar and he was not a Thai national.

francois
May 6th, 2018, 00:11
“All these farang owners” etc from above ....

Not sure just what you are asking Nirish guy?

sglad
May 6th, 2018, 01:20
francois, did you visit Ting Tong Red tonight, light a candle and leave a garland of jasmine at its front door as a mark of respect? You did, didn't you? :D

sglad
May 6th, 2018, 01:24
But I imagine the meatloaf nights are more about catching up with friends than a gourmet experience. It shouldn't take long to find another venue.

True. Already there's talk about upgrading themselves and having their next soiree at McDonald's.

arsenal
May 6th, 2018, 05:36
Sglad. A nicely done meatloaf is wonderful. Depending on the meat used it should come with a rich velvety sauce/gravy. Smooth and buttery mashed potatoes, fresh vegetables, pickles and a selection of condiments including mustard.

francois
May 6th, 2018, 10:56
francois, did you visit Ting Tong Red tonight, light a candle and leave a garland of jasmine at its front door as a mark of respect? You did, didn't you? :D

I was walking by the night the lights went out at Ting Tong; and I did express my commiseration to the owner.

As for the meatloaf, it was only once a week and often I did not attend but there were a coterie of regulars who never missed.

francois
May 6th, 2018, 11:02
True. Already there's talk about upgrading themselves and having their next soiree at McDonald's.

Wrong. :bo:

aussie_
May 6th, 2018, 11:52
So it wasn't making sufficient profit, I guess.

Ting Tong had a lot going for it - the bar, the boys, entertainment, the meatloaf nights, the guest house, a decent location in the soi, etc. Yet it still failed.

What hope do the other places have?

The entertainment stopped months ago. I went to the bar for the scheduled show night and was told the show was cancelled. Whether correct or not i was told by staff that they were paying 5000 baht each night for the fire show dancers etc. I thought that they could have a less expensive show even with a few guys dancing with their shirts off and still attract customers instead of the near empty bar after the shows were cancelled.

francois
May 6th, 2018, 12:39
Correct as you posted, aussie.

lonelywombat
May 6th, 2018, 13:45
Wrong. :bo:

McDonalds is too expensive!!

francois
May 6th, 2018, 14:25
McDonalds is too expensive!!

Right.

Manforallseasons
May 6th, 2018, 14:49
The best show at the pool was when Monty had it, the show began at 4PM.

scottish-guy
May 6th, 2018, 17:29
That was in the days when Sunee had a decent number of customers though

sglad
May 7th, 2018, 23:45
The best show at the pool was when Monty had it, the show began at 4PM.

Did he do a full Monty? :D

scottish-guy
May 8th, 2018, 00:09
That would have turned more stomachs than his infamous Chicken Matzo Ball soup

RonanTheBarbarian
May 8th, 2018, 00:38
Sorry to hear of the demise of Ting Tong, was my favourite bar in Sunee, liked the couch seats they had set up at the other side of the lane.

newalaan2
May 8th, 2018, 05:00
The entertainment stopped months ago. I went to the bar for the scheduled show night and was told the show was cancelled. Whether correct or not i was told by staff that they were paying 5000 baht each night for the fire show dancers etc. I thought that they could have a less expensive show even with a few guys dancing with their shirts off and still attract customers instead of the near empty bar after the shows were cancelled.

Yes very sad to see indeed, as is the news that Mario is ill.

Not only the entertainment disappeared, but the whole vibe of the place started to die from about a year ago. It went from a busy, many nights pretty full, with solid regular customer base to a very quiet place the last 3 trips I made June, Oct last year, and Feb this year. As soon as the numbers of the many boys they had working there started to fall away so did the custom and the bar. It was the one bar where it was a real 'head scratcher' as to why it went so far downhill so quickly.

A year ago and prior, often customers would have whisky/gin/vodka/285 bottle sets with all the tables on the bar-side full so they had to open new areas to sit, and there were always 10 or so boys on hand. Not just the show nights, as I never actually attended a show night there, this was just the 'normal' trading nights/early mornings. I'm not sure why their regular loyal custom dried-up. It all didn't really make sense as passing every night you could see the numbers were down, yet they went ahead and opened new guesthouse rooms, a restaurant and pool room and more recently a Travel/visa style office. The pool room was a mistake as it was in a room out of sight, and so any of the boys who were bored would have a game of pool while potential customers passed by unaware there were available boys.

I still went out of my way to have a drink there sometimes as a couple of the former Duks Bar lads still worked there, but there was a definite lack of atmosphere and fun over the last year back to early 2017. Very sad indeed as like the Double Shot bar, it cast a bright light over a large area of the soi. It would make a lot of sense for Alain at Sky to move round to the main soi to where 'All of Me' used to be or even Ting Tong Red premises and even if Good Boys could re-locate to where Queens Bar was at least have one main soi of light, atmosphere and action rather than dark areas in the main area there.

While on the subject of Sunee bars, can anyone comment on Eden Bar which re-opened couple months ago. Does it have staff and is it doing any trade?

arsenal
May 8th, 2018, 07:00
So with the closure of Ting Tong Red has Sunee become a motorbike thoroughfare once again?

francois
May 8th, 2018, 11:32
While on the subject of Sunee bars, can anyone comment on Eden Bar which re-opened couple months ago. Does it have staff and is it doing any trade?

The staff at Eden is limited to the manager Kone/Gone who is very friendly plus one other male staff and a lady bartender. Trade is down in general so maybe only a few customers per night.

aussie_
May 8th, 2018, 12:05
It would make a lot of sense for Alain at Sky to move round to the main soi to where 'All of Me' used to be or even Ting Tong Red premises and even if Good Boys could re-locate to where Queens Bar was at least have one main soi of light, atmosphere and action rather than dark areas in the main area there.

It would light up the soi again and Alain would bring in the customers in a better location. One main soi of bars and go go might revive Sunee.

Last Sunday night at Sunee

The beach is closed

a447
May 8th, 2018, 15:07
I can't imagine Goodboys would want to move to a well-lit part of Sunee; they are probably quite happy in the darkness, keeping a very low profile.

As for the rest of the gay establishments, I think it would be a good idea for them to be all together.

And the Queens bar has closed?? I've had quite a few interesting nights there. What a shame!

newalaan2
May 8th, 2018, 17:47
I can't imagine Goodboys would want to move to a well-lit part of Sunee; they are probably quite happy in the darkness, keeping a very low profile. As for the rest of the gay establishments, I think it would be a good idea for them to be all together. And the Queens bar has closed?? I've had quite a few interesting nights there. What a shame!

Huh? A447! when was the last time you were 'up that end'? If the latinpoxx had made that statement about New Queens you would have been questioning the authenticity of his trip reports or having been in the area as it has been closed for years!.

Anyway, I expected someone to comment about the Goodboys location with regard to their 'business model' but didn't have time to put in more detail to the original post. Sure Goodboys could remain where they are, One Bar is just up from it and is closer to Green Chairs and Double Shot so might get away with remaining also. But the reason I suggested New Queens location is the fact that it is not well-lit up there, sometimes I hardly noticed if New Queens was actually open some of the time during it's lifespan. There's no brightness up there, also next door on one side Eros is a very hands-on bar too, I know it's enclosed but there is only the width and depth of the door (+curtain?... I cant remember) to keep the 'action' from being seen from the soi, and next door on the other side is only the outside seating of Winner Gogo which is not bright, also that location might tempt a few more patrons to try it as it has a fairly large staff to employ.

Even if just to sit with the boys there to give them a chance of tips and a drink without all the 'other stuff' it's known for. While the guys do look a bit rough, from experience of passing are very nice and polite, always trying to get customers to sit for a drink in the current location but there's just nothing to sit and look at across from it or much passing traffic for people watching, on the other soi where NQ was at least there is an outlook of sorts. As I say NQ was always a darkish place anyway and with very low lighting and the right placement of furniture/boardings Goodboys could well get away with it. Only the actual size of the one-shophouse bar unit might be an issue compared to the larger Goodboys current premises.

It would certainly keep all the action close to each other on the one soi in Sunee and benefit from more collective passing trade. In that location I would be more than happy to drop by for a drink as I did at NQ.

a447
May 8th, 2018, 18:43
It's been a couple of years since I was in Pattaya. I think I was last there in December, 2016.

The Queens bar was still open but didn't have any customers. The young ladyboy doorman from Sunny Boys moved there when the gogo bar closed, and I mentioned this in my April 2016 report. But I haven't seen Marc for years. He used to sit there every night.

So it closed relatively recently.

I still think Goodboys is best hidden away. Maybe it's for my own selfish reasons - the fewer customers who know about it, the more fun I can have there!

DrewSpz
May 8th, 2018, 19:32
So can I ask... what is the business model of Good Boys?

Manforallseasons
May 8th, 2018, 19:53

This is a question for a447!

scottish-guy
May 8th, 2018, 21:19
It probably involves having an escape tunnel for those (who at least look to be) of questionable age (the boys, not the punters)

DrewSpz
May 8th, 2018, 21:55
I was wondering if that’s what it was. Can someone share more? Or send me private message (does this board have a feature like that)?
Hahaha not that I would ever do anything against the rules, just curious

a447
May 8th, 2018, 21:57

As I said, I think it's to keep a very low profile and try to fly under the radar. It's the easiest way to ward off any unwanted attention from the "authorities," although I'm sure they're paying plenty of tea money.

They keep the front part of the bar as a normal beer bar, where you just sit and chat with the boys. The play area is hidden away in the back behind this screens.

The "boys" at Goodboys are not boys at all; far from it. Unless the line-up has changed since I was last there, many of the guys are in their mid to late 20's and some are married with kids. None looks to be of "questionable age."

You won't find any twinks in Goodboys.

Manforallseasons
May 8th, 2018, 22:18
I expected more depth a447? I walk by Good Boys whenever I am going to Nice Boys go go. There are always many boys out front 18 - 22 I suspect. There have been many postings about Good Boys, from what I have read you choose who you like and it is for those farangs that prefer to give service...I have not been inside since it was a go go as I do not care for the owner and I prefer to be the one being serviced.

a447
May 8th, 2018, 22:25
For "more depth," see my numerous reports on my visits to Goodboys.

I'm surprised there are so many guys working there now - I can't recall ever seeing that many before.

Time for another visit to Pattaya, perhaps.

Manforallseasons
May 8th, 2018, 22:55
I meant the boys looked as if they were 18-22 years old....definately no underage!

catawampuscat
May 8th, 2018, 23:32
The shophouse adjacent to Winner Boys is now a massage shop with a couple of female attendants. I noticed older
Arab men inside once or twice. It’s been open for a couple of weeks..

DrewSpz
May 9th, 2018, 03:10
I used the search function but can’t really find much about this Good Boys situation. Is it so interesting that it can’t be posted here? If so, can we get this info another way? Haha

Separately, are there any places that are known for the youngest guys? I’m pretty young myself so i just want as young as can be.

Jellybean
May 9th, 2018, 03:42
DrewSpz, I suggest you check out previous trip reports by a447 as he tends to go into a lot of detail about his experiences at Good Boys Bar. It has been reported here by members who frequent or pass by the bar that the bar boys are all 18 years old or above.

As far as the minimum age of the guys who work in the bars are concerned, 18 years old is the youngest you can legally engage with.

And, 18 years old is the youngest we discuss on this forum.

francois
May 9th, 2018, 14:01
I used the search function but can’t really find much about this Good Boys situation. Is it so interesting that it can’t be posted here? If so, can we get this info another way? Haha

As for as age goes, the boys at Good Boys are not twinks or young, at least not by what I observe. Basically they appear as thugs although I have no experience with them. Others report them as friendly. Not sure why anyone would frequent the place unless you had night vision glasses to view the scene. Yes, it is that dark. What goes on there is no different, or even less so, than what goes on at some other clubs. Others may have a different viewpoint.

a447
May 9th, 2018, 15:32
Looks can be deceiving.

They are some of the nicest, friendliest guys you could ever meet. Affectionate, too, at times.

Behind the screens there is plenty of light, enabling you to see that what you have in your hand is actually his appendage and not his thigh!

I've never seen the guys service a customer - I think it's a one-way street, but I'm not sure.

My eyes are usually elsewhere.

Manforallseasons
May 9th, 2018, 17:54
As for as age goes, the boys at Good Boys are not twinks or young, at least not by what I observe. Basically they appear as thugs although I have no experience with them. Others report them as friendly.

I wish all the working boys in Pattaya looked like this! Nice Boys Go Go is as close as it gets to the thug look and I have never in all my experiences have meet a boy at Nice Boys that was not a nice boy! If you like silly sissy boys neither of these places are for you.

scottish-guy
May 9th, 2018, 20:02
Good Boys and Nice Boys stand side by side on the main drag through Sunee - or am I mistaken?

If I'm not mistaken, then the one on the LEFT (viewed from standing in front of them) is the one I was referring to as having had boys looking of questionable age (I'm very well aware they can look much younger than they actually are)

a447
May 9th, 2018, 20:30
Yep, you're mistaken.

They are nowhere near each other.

gerefan2
May 9th, 2018, 21:18
Scotty... if you are standing outside Nice Boys the one on the left was called My Mic. It was raided and closed for young boys.
It then re-opened as Power Boys and is still. open.

To get to Good Boys walk past Nice Boys, (keeping it on your left) and take the next Soi on the left. Walk along there and it is more or less opposite the defunct Crazy Dragon. About 50 metres altogether, hardly nowhere near each other.

a447
May 9th, 2018, 22:03
Well, in the context of such a confined area as Sunee Plaza......

scottish-guy
May 9th, 2018, 22:20
Scotty... if you are standing outside Nice Boys the one on the left was called My Mic. It was raided and closed for young boys.
It then re-opened as Power Boys and is still. open.

To get to Good Boys walk past Nice Boys, (keeping it on your left) and take the next Soi on the left. Walk along there and it is more or less opposite the defunct Crazy Dragon. About 50 metres altogether, hardly nowhere near each other.

Fair enough - not the first time I've been wrong and certainly not the last.

I do remember Mic My - now that you have (almost) given me the name :p I realise that's the one I meant - I knew it had been re-named and I've been in it since, but my mistake was in thinking that it had been renamed as Good Boys.

Given your description of the location of Good Boys I now realise that I have also been in there and recall seeing some old codger getting wanked off behind some cushions. The cushions were insufficient to mask the full horror and now I often wake up screaming

a447
May 9th, 2018, 22:38
Maybe you are confusing Goodboys with Eros.

In the former they don't have any cushions, as far as I know, and the boys do not touch the customers in my experience.

The boys wanking customers behind cushions sounds like Eros. Some customers don't even bother with the cushions.

scottish-guy
May 9th, 2018, 23:28
:D I give up :D

Maybe I should try going to Sunee when I'm still sober enough to realise which bars I'm in, rather than walking down after being in BT for some hours

francois
May 9th, 2018, 23:42
Scottish-guy, me thinks it has been quite some time you have been in Pattaya.

gerefan2
May 10th, 2018, 00:49

Some, not me, might take this opportunity to say "if ever" !

Manforallseasons
May 10th, 2018, 01:02
Some, not me, might take this opportunity to say "if ever" !

Very unfair! He is spending time with his Vietnamese boyfriend, is still sulking over not being asked to be a moderator and if I remember correctly at sometime he was starting his own board and don't forget he must make atleast one post daily here to talk about nothing, so when exactly would he have time to visit Pattaya?

scottish-guy
May 10th, 2018, 03:21

September 2016. Up2u whether you consider that "quite some time"

He is spending time with his Vietnamese boyfriend, is still sulking over not being asked to be a moderator and if I remember correctly at sometime he was starting his own board and don't forget he must make at least one post daily here to talk about nothing..

Correct, Wrong, Wrong, Correct

50% not bad - much better than some

gerefan2
May 12th, 2018, 02:01
Friend who works in Double Shot sent me this pic, taken recently from the bar...

Halfhansum
May 13th, 2018, 00:45
Wow ..Only 60 Bht , for a Leo ....

gerefan2
May 13th, 2018, 01:19
60 Baht only during Happy hour... until 9 oclock... Look closer!
Afterwards 100 Bt.

scottish-guy
May 13th, 2018, 03:48
I bet there's a rush to order at 8.55pm