PDA

View Full Version : Advice on hotels

July 24th, 2006, 03:43
I am planning to make a second visit to Pattaya in December and am looking for some advice on hotels.

The first time I stayed at the Rabbit Resort on Jomtien beach. I would be happy to go back there again but would prefer to find somewhere that was gay, as opposed to gay friendly (noisy children annoy me at the best of times, but at breakfast with a hangover...)

I am looking for a comfortable place to stay within easy walking distance of either the beach at Jomtien or the bars of Pattaya. Compared with London, hotel prices are so cheap in Thailand that cost is not really an issue.

The website for Room-Club, just along from the Rabbit Resort, sounds as though it might fit the bill but I haven't been able to find any independent reports or reviews on it. Remembering how close I came last year to booking a room at the Siam Thani based on its advertisement in Sparticus (a disaster I narrowly avoided solely because I stumbled accross this forum shortly before booking - for which you all have my eternal thanks), I am nervous of basing any decision on advertisements alone. Does anyone have any first hand experience of the Room-Club?

I would also welcome any views or news on other places that may be suitable - the only other place I have seen on the web is the Rama Kien, but that seems to be a bit of the beaten track.

Jetsam
July 24th, 2006, 03:51
Remembering how close I came last year to booking a room at the Siam Thani .

You mentioned Siam Thani :cheers: , now we get some posts from Carnarvon again :geek:

for your question, I don't know I'm on budget always :clown:

wowpow
July 24th, 2006, 06:45
http://www.avalonbeachresort.com/ may well suit. It is next to Room Club and newish. They are gay friendly but mixed. http://www.room-club.com/index.htm I know little about except that it is a small gay place by Tuis Guest house.

July 24th, 2006, 07:04
Then there is always Tui's. Description from PattayaGay at:

www.pattayagay.com/hotels.html (http://www.pattayagay.com/hotels.html)

Tui's Place: (GF) Located in the heart of the gay area of Jomtien Beach, (See Map ) fronting on the sidewalk just across from the central part of the "gay" seating area, Tui's place offers a pleasant guest-house type atmosphere, with restaurant and bar available, where you can walk out the front door and be on Jomtien's famed gay beach. Tui's fronts the gay beach itself.. All rooms with air conditioning, TV, phone, refrigerator and separate bathrooms. Very clean. Rooms are Baht 600 to Baht 1,400 per night Listed in International Spartacus guide. It is the second and third building in a group of four buildings, directly behind the Jomtien Beach toilet that has been built which opened in May, 2000. That group of buildings is found along the sidewalk after the long empty space along the sidewalk after the long empty space with the tall picket fence between the Style Restaurant with a surf-board sign out front The Style Restaurant is in the last building of the major collection of buildings along the walkway before the long empty space. Easy walk from the highway, mostly along beautiful, new, wide special brick sidewalk - driveway, where vehicles are permitted except during the day. . Tui's also has special arrangements for access to its building for guests staying there who have a vehicle available. They may enter a condominium complex on the Thappraya Road near the signal light for Thepprasit Road, and follow the condominium complex's road system to the beach, where such vehicles can park near Tui's Place.

E-mail: <tui_69@hotmail.com> Friends suggest a phone call or sending a fax, since Tui does not check e-mail with any regularity. No web site yet.

Phone: 038-251-432 Fax: 038-370-136; from outside Thailand, dial 66-38 followed by the six digit local numbers indicated above.

July 24th, 2006, 10:21
The Ambiance is a great gay place to stay if you want to be near all the gay venues in Pattaya. Very well run, very clean, friendly staff, guests welcome if they are of age. Reasonable rates.

lonelywombat
July 24th, 2006, 10:44
http://www.poseidon-pattaya.com/

I have stayed at Poseiden four times since it opened and am completely satisfied with all aspects

Same soi as Bondi poseiden has an excellent dining room, almost next door is L'Oliviers, down the street is Montys new Enchanted Hut

It is walking distance to the beach and there are baht buses right at the door and motor cycle taxis as well

Jinks had a report on Poseiden around mid january worth having a search

July 24th, 2006, 13:19
The poseidon gets my vote, about 5 mins walk to beach via the short cuts , rooms nice as is the food.Discount rates untill the !st of Nov.Check out the webb site