PDA

View Full Version : The Matt update

kittyboy
April 29th, 2018, 05:37
As you can see from my posting count I am not a diligent poster on this board. I enjoy the banter and the information. I also enjoy the personas. I recall a few years ago there was the persona of the Colonel who I think came out as it were as the fictional character of one of the regulars. I admired his ability to stay in character and gin up stories..and sometime outrage among the other posters.

Which brings me to Matt. I do not know if he is real or a fictional character but I do (sometimes) enjoy his ramblings..and I do enjoy the reactions he generates. However, I have lost the plot on this one. Matt or the Matt character moved back to Canada after being deported?

cdnmatt
April 29th, 2018, 06:33
Oh, I'm definitely real.

Here, I'll even do what I can to help prove it. Anyone out there by chance in Vancouver? I will be there Monday morning, arriving at the harbour. Will be taking one of those little 6 person puddle jumpers that fly from Nanaimo to downtown Vancouver.

This is the first time I've travelled blind and alone like this, and I've only lived in Canada for 1 year since 2005, so don't really know anyone. I'll be more than happy to buy you dinner or even just pay you money in exchange for letting me borrow your eyes for a bit.

Smiles
April 29th, 2018, 06:51
Nice going Kitty ... you've started just what Matty has been craving for all along ~~ "The Chronicles of You-Know-Who".

cdnmatt
April 29th, 2018, 07:04
Well Smiles, are you still coming over to get a blowjob from my parent's vacuum cleaner, or what's up?

kittyboy
April 29th, 2018, 09:28
Nice going Kitty ... you've started just what Matty has been craving for all along ~~ "The Chronicles of You-Know-Who".

I went back over the previous posts and could not follow the plot.
I gather the story is his world in Thailand unraveled and he is back in his native Canada cold and alone.

I do not know if any of it is true but I love a good drama.
I only half believe anything posted online so all of the posting here..whether real or not are treated by me as possibly true but certainly with lots of exaggeration by certain posters.

Smiles..I get the impression that you are not amused by the Matt postings.
Sorry if you feel I am giving attention to an attention whore..but I find the Matt postings highly amusing. Could Matt is a creative genius engaging in a long running piece of performance art?

And Whatever happened to the persona of the Colonel or was it Homiterm? That was a work of performance art.
Do you remember that poster? It must have been over 10 years ago.

cdnmatt
April 29th, 2018, 09:43
Can't say I'm alone, because I am at my parent's house, so I do have them I guess. Quite a bit different than my own house with my loving husband and two awesome dogs, but that's what life has spelled out for me at the moment.

Definitely cold though. My mom has some good forethought to her, so had a new jacket ready and waiting for me upon walking out of the Vancouver airport. I haven't really taken it off since, Maybe a couple hours a week while it goes through the wash and dryer, but that's it.

Bit of a change. I was used to wandering in shirtless in nothing more than basketball shorts all day. Now I'm all bundeled up with socks and everything.

francois
April 29th, 2018, 12:13
Could Matt is a creative genius engaging in a long running piece of performance art?

Not could be, it is a certainty.

kittyboy
April 29th, 2018, 18:52
Not could be, it is a certainty.

I can appreciate an artist. Even if it is a bullshit artist.
I have dealt with a few sociopaths over the years and sociopaths can not see the lies they tell. They are destructive people.

I have an appreciation for someone who can create an online persona and keep it going. I don't think of it as lying - it is like going to the theater. Sometimes the experience is great or good and sometimes so so or even bad..but it is fun going. I feel the same way about a good performance artist plying their craft over the internet. Very rarely great, sometimes good, often so so or even bad but I enjoy the fun of going online and reading the musings.

Smiles..Take it all as a long performance art piece.

cdnmatt
April 30th, 2018, 01:31
I can appreciate an artist. Even if it is a bullshit artist.
I have dealt with a few sociopaths over the years and sociopaths can not see the lies they tell. They are destructive people.

I have an appreciation for someone who can create an online persona and keep it going. I don't think of it as lying - it is like going to the theater. Sometimes the experience is great or good and sometimes so so or even bad..but it is fun going. I feel the same way about a good performance artist plying their craft over the internet. Very rarely great, sometimes good, often so so or even bad but I enjoy the fun of going online and reading the musings.

Smiles..Take it all as a long performance art piece.

Oh, for fuck sakes, I'm not lieing about anything.

My flight leaves tomorrow at 8:30am from Nanaimo, so I'll be at the downtown harbour in Vancouver at around 9am I'm guessing if anyone wants to meet me. Would be very grateful if anyone did, as I'm assuming you have optic nerves that work which would come in quite handy.

Or just keep your eyes on the local Vancouver news tomorrow night, because there's a chance I might be on it. All depends on the senior immigration I get to meet tomorrow.

I'm getting a new passport.

gerefan2
April 30th, 2018, 01:34
Take it all as a long performance art piece.

More like an Art form...

christianpfc
April 30th, 2018, 16:29
Kittyboy, did you miss "Criminal background checks"
https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?19626-Criminal-background-checks
with the latest developments?

Oh, I'm definitely real.
Mickey Mouse is real, too. I have seen him on TV.

...so I'll be at the downtown harbour in Vancouver at around 9am I'm guessing if anyone wants to meet me. Would be very grateful if anyone did, as I'm assuming you have optic nerves that work which would come in quite handy.
Déjà vu? Didn't you write the same (sans being blind) when you were in Khon Kaen?

Maybe you should put one of these as your avatar so members don't forget you have gone blind?

(Explanation for visually challenged members: three black dots on yellow background as symbol for blindness, traffic signs of blind man walking with dog or stick.)

francois
April 30th, 2018, 16:35
Oh, for fuck sakes, I'm not lieing about anything.

I'm getting a new passport.

In that case, you can post a photo of your passport. Block out the last name and passport number.Of course if your first name is not matt, then block that out also.

Anyone can see your birthdate and photo and if it matches what you posted then you are real.

Blacktouch
April 30th, 2018, 18:53
In that case, you can post a photo of your passport. Block out the last name and passport number.Of course if your first name is not matt, then block that out also.

Anyone can see your birthdate and photo and if it matches what you posted then you are real.

This is a very good idea. And then can finally put this subject about Matt's identity to bed.

kittyboy
April 30th, 2018, 21:01
Kittyboy, did you miss "Criminal background checks"
https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?19626-Criminal-background-checks
with the latest developments?

Mickey Mouse is real, too. I have seen him on TV.

Déjà vu? Didn't you write the same (sans being blind) when you were in Khon Kaen?

Maybe you should put one of these as your avatar so members don't forget you have gone blind?

(Explanation for visually challenged members: three black dots on yellow background as symbol for blindness, traffic signs of blind man walking with dog or stick.)

I did read the criminal background check thread but gave up after the first 10 pages..Damn..I missed out on the drama.
In the past I have come out as an Emmerdale fan but I do have my limits and when the drama gets to be too thick I tune out and read a book...which means I watch about 2 episodes a week just to stay up on the story lines.
I feel the same way about some of the drama here..I like the story lines but reading the postings can be a bit much so I try to get a summary of the overall plot line - I don't read all the posts..sorry...too boring.

I think we should forward some of the posts from KK to the Emmerdale writers - they can find inspiration for their fictional characters in the real life adventures in KK thailand.

arsenal
April 30th, 2018, 21:20
Amos Brearly and Mr Willks and their attempts to escape The Woolpack and cross The Pennine Way to set up a new home in The Rovers Return. A brilliant plot Kittyboy.

gerefan2
April 30th, 2018, 23:46

Well Matt? Ideal opportunity to prove you are real without having to resort to meeting members...which we know you would like to do but have been let down in the past.

So easy...will you?

If not why not?

scottish-guy
May 1st, 2018, 06:10
I think Francois and Gerefan should show Matt how easy it is by posting their passports first?

I believe the saying is "Never ask others to do something which you wouldn't do yourself"

*SG sits back with popcorn, and waits*.

cdnmatt
May 1st, 2018, 10:06
Oh yeah, I've been helped about 50 times already today by random strangers. I'll definitely just whip out my phone, take a photo of my passport, e-mail it to myself, then fire up an image editor to blackout the necessary parts.

You bet, will get right on it.

frye
May 1st, 2018, 10:13
This is a very good idea. And then can finally put this subject about Matt's identity to bed.Rubbish. Anyone with half a mind can edit the text of a scanned image to make it represent whatever they wish.

Manforallseasons
May 1st, 2018, 10:43
Matt/Beachlover will dissapear when all stop posting about him.

cdnmatt
May 1st, 2018, 11:09
I'm obviously not Beachlover, and no idea where you got that from.

Still in Vancouver if anyone wants to meet. Don't need to borrow your eyes anymore though, because as it turns out, us Canadians are really friendly folk. As long as I manage to stay in West Van, and don't accidentally wander into some area like East Hastings, I should be good to go.

$260/night for a simple Holiday Inn? That's a bit on the insane side. Hopefully I can figure out something cheaper tomorrow. I'd actually prefer a hostel with a shared room, as I'm not really fond of this alone thing.

Canada government still refuses to process my passport application until Feb 2019. Why are government officers such dicks, when the rest of us happen to be great people?

mr giggles
May 1st, 2018, 12:12
try AirBnb

francois
May 1st, 2018, 15:48
I think Francois and Gerefan should show Matt how easy it is by posting their passports first?

I believe the saying is "Never ask others to do something which you wouldn't do yourself"

*SG sits back with popcorn, and waits*.

I don't have to prove who I am, other posters on this forum can vouch for me.
Ask Christian or Joe.

arsenal
May 1st, 2018, 15:54
It's Matt's game Francois. He invented it. If you choose to play then you do so by his rules.

francois
May 1st, 2018, 16:00
Oh, ok, but can't show passport as I am on overstay.
Here is a recent photo, although I look younger now.

Moses
May 1st, 2018, 17:14
Moved to "Everything else"

gerefan2
May 1st, 2018, 21:16
I was going to post my passport details too, but as this thread has been dumped in Room 101, whats the point?

cdnmatt
May 1st, 2018, 21:34
I was going to post my passport details too, but as this thread has been dumped in Room 101, whats the point?

If you don't mind, full legal name, bith date, place of issue, issuing date, and expiry date too.

That would come in handy. :)

gerefan2
May 1st, 2018, 21:37
"If you don't mind, full legal name, bith date..."

Whats my bith date? You need to get a better blind mans app!!

scottish-guy
May 1st, 2018, 22:05
I don't have to prove who I am, other posters on this forum can vouch for me.
Ask Christian or Joe.

With all due respect Francois, other people knowing you sufficiently to share a meatloaf with is not quite the same as asking someone to post their passport on an open forum

cdnmatt
May 1st, 2018, 22:21
"If you don't mind, full legal name, bith date..."

Whats my bith date? You need to get a better blind mans app!!

Really?

I'm blind, sometimes I make typos.

Same as sometimes I have accidents like spilling a large cup of hot coffee on my passport, requiring me to get a new one.

Hate when that happens...

Ok, let's see what the police say today. It's not like I have anything to lose.

samebb
May 2nd, 2018, 04:31
Really?

I'm blind, sometimes I make typos.

Same as sometimes I have accidents like spilling a large cup of hot coffee on my passport, requiring me to get a new one.

Hate when that happens...

Ok, let's see what the police say today. It's not like I have anything to lose.

While sitting at a bar in Pattaya tonight, a prominent member of this board, who you know ( he showed me PMs, LINE, photos) has confirmed you are a fraud. A mirage, an avatar of your true self.
I wish to relase no more info. I will watch and laugh.

Thank you "MATT"

gerefan2
May 2nd, 2018, 05:53
Thank you "Billy".

Smiles
May 2nd, 2018, 07:07
Thank you "Billy"
Thank YOU Gerefan. To wit: https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?19754-High-Season-verses-Low-Season&p=240800#post240800

francois
May 2nd, 2018, 12:05
With all due respect Francois, other people knowing you sufficiently to share a meatloaf with is not quite the same as asking someone to post their passport on an open forum

If matt wants people to believe he is real then he has to prove it.
A Canadian passport, with photo and year of birth is all that is needed. Can block out other info. Here is the photo he posted of himself and Leo some months ago.

francois
May 2nd, 2018, 23:04

Christian and Joe are not part of the meatloaf dinners. :devilsh:

Nor are, catawumpuscat, smiles, neddy, etc.

cdnmatt
May 3rd, 2018, 12:56
A Canadian passport, with photo and year of birth is all that is needed. Can block out other info. Here is the photo he posted of himself and Leo some months ago.

Show me yours, and I'll show you mine.

I'm not posting a photo of my passport, not am I posting my medical records. Besides, I'm already fighting with passport Canada enough as is, I don't think they'd appreciate it if I plastered my passport photo page on SGT.

kkjason
May 3rd, 2018, 14:01

Where is your proof that you are who you say are you are? I don't recall you posting your passport here? For that matter, who does that!? This is an Internet forum for Christ's sake - if everyone felt the need to post their passport page just to be a member, I think you understand what membership numbers on any forum would look like. Give the guy a break.

bobsaigon2
May 3rd, 2018, 14:15
Interesting to note the inverse proportion of Jason's Posts to Likes. Well done!

francois
May 3rd, 2018, 14:17
Just a suggestion, jason.

As for me, there are other posters who personally know me and can vouch for me.

As for giving matt a break, it is he who continues with his stories and, apparently, enjoys the repartie.

By, the way, you posted that you know matt. Is the photo of him, that he posted, the matt you know?