PDA

View Full Version : Tarntawan Hotel under New Management

Dimsumbear
April 28th, 2018, 14:09
I have always liked the good old Tarntawan. Very gay to a point I suspect the straights might feel unwelcome..lol. I love their smoking rooms, older gentlemen spacing-out at the lobby, being close to everything, and seedy (but clean) enough to experiment the widest fantasywith one boy or more. I heard it is under straight management now and it shows. I guess without the gamely gay vibe one will start to notice how lacking and dated the establishment actually is. There is a reason why the rate is unusually low and this is probably my last stay here. I am sure the straight couple who gave me and my boy a dirty look in the elevator this morning wouldnt miss me.

scottish-guy
April 28th, 2018, 14:10
YAY!

If only we had an emoji with a string of balloons

a447
April 28th, 2018, 15:35
I stayed in one of their more expensive 'Executive " rooms, and if was far from ideal.

The T.V. stopped working after 2 days - sound only, no picture - and the air-conditioning blew out hot air when set at 20 or thereabouts, leading to very hot and sweaty sex sessions. I had to put towels down on the bed.

However, the bed was large and much more comfortable than those in the cheaper rooms. That's a huge bonus -and nor just for sleeping!

This time I saw lots of hetero couples and single women. Thankfully, I didn't see any kids. But I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the future is the management has decided to go in anew direction.

Whenever the head cleaner knew I was in my room she appeared accompanied by one of the younger cleaners.

"She go home today. Holiday."

And then both of them would stand there in silence, looking at me.

In other words, please tip her, as you will be gone by the time she comes back.

I didn't know that young cleaners could all take so many holidays! Another new policy, perhaps?

Still, I gave tips to them, but I just felt it was very blatant and it is something I've never experienced there before.

A new policy from the new owners? Or am I being a bit cynical, thinking the head cleaner gets a cut of the tips.

Maybe I am.

But TIT, so absolutely nothing surprises me any more.

scottish-guy
April 28th, 2018, 16:41
So, the cleaners have changed - I do hope CNN/FOX/SKY/BBC pick this up.

:p

AsDaRa
April 28th, 2018, 17:39
I booked 2 nights for coming June. Feel sorry already
I booked it because not that long ago I read somewhere (here or on another forum) it was going again in the good direction. So I thought lets try it again. And now this.
I can't cancel because I booked a non-refundable rate :-(

Dimsumbear
April 28th, 2018, 17:44
I booked it because not that long ago I read somewhere (here or on another forum) it was going again in the good direction. So I thought lets try it again. And now this.

Do not be too despair: Tarntawan is still a decent, clean and guest-friendly hotel. You save the hassle of getting a meter cab after the boy shows and within waking distance to BTS/7 Eleven. Mine is the most basic room type, it's air-con is cool and tap water hot, sometimes that's really all you need.

Dimsumbear
April 28th, 2018, 17:48
I stayed in one of their more expensive 'Executive " rooms, and if was far from ideal.

The T.V. stopped working after 2 days - sound only, no picture - and the air-conditioning blew out hot air when set at 20 or thereabouts, leading to very hot and sweaty sex sessions. I had to put towels dish in the bed.

However, the bed was large and much more comfortable than those in the cheaper rooms. That's a huge bonus -and nor just for sleeping!

This time I saw lots of hetero couples and single women. Thankfully, I didn't see any kids. But I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the future is the management has decided to go in anew direction.

Whenever the head cleaner knew I was in my room she appeared accompanied by one of the younger cleaners.

"She go home today. Holiday."

And then both of them would stand there in silence, looking at me.

In other words, please tip her, as you will be gone by the time she comes back.

I didn't know that young cleaners could all take so many holidays! Another new policy, perhaps?

Still, I gave tips to them, but I just felt it was very blatant and it is something I've never experienced there before.

A new policy from the new owners? Or am I being a bit cynical, thinking the head cleaner gets a cut of the tips.

Maybe I am.

But TIT, so absolutely nothing surprises me any more.

I still think B20-40/night left on the desk in the morning is appreciated. So far so good I guess, my towels are changed and toilet cleaned

a447
April 28th, 2018, 17:53

Dimsumbear is right - don't despair.

Despite its shortcomings, it still has a lot going for it.

If you've enjoyed starying there in the past, you probably won't notice a lot of difference and will still have a good time there.

They still have their free cocktail parties in the lobby, if you are into drinking.

gerefan2
April 28th, 2018, 22:44
They still have their free cocktail parties in the lobby, if you are into drinking.

Does that mean mixing with the disapproving straights? If so, No Thanks!

Oliver2
April 28th, 2018, 22:53
AsDaRa, don't be so pessimistic. People are entitled to their opinions and we don't all agree. I was there three months ago and return in four weeks. The changes I regret relate to the departure of some long-serving staff, two of whom were nearly in tears when they told me they were going. In other respects, I didn't notice any changes....to rooms, to cleaning, to clientele. I was offered a decent price for my upcoming stay and found the new reception staff charming. If you enjoyed Tarntawan before, you will enjoy it again, assuming you don't hanker after 5* luxury and 5* prices.

sglad
April 28th, 2018, 22:56
Despite its shortcomings, it still has a lot going for it.

Sounds like a line you use on your nightly rentals when they see you naked for the first time? :D

a447
April 28th, 2018, 22:58
Gerefan2, I'm not sure, but the few people there appear to be the regulars, who I presume are gay. You someone's see them chatting to boys in the lobby.

As for tips, I give them more than 40 baht per day and they do a pretty good job. But sometimes they forget the little things, like only 1 small towel or bottle of water instead of 2. But then, they'll leave 3 bathtowels instead of the regular 2, or 1 roll of toilet paper instead of 2. It's a total balls - up at times. They just don't really care. But they usually get it right.

But it doesn't matter. If I see them during the day I'll just remind them to bring me another bottle of water or whatever. If not, I ask at reception if I really need something.

paborn
April 28th, 2018, 23:07
AsDaRa, don't be so pessimistic. People are entitled to their opinions and we don't all agree. I was there three months ago and return in four weeks. The changes I regret relate to the departure of some long-serving staff, two of whom were nearly in tears when they told me they were going. In other respects, I didn't notice any changes....to rooms, to cleaning, to clientele. I was offered a decent price for my upcoming stay and found the new reception staff charming. If you enjoyed Tarntawan before, you will enjoy it again, assuming you don't hanker after 5* luxury and 5* prices.
I've been planning on staying there for my next trip. Please give us an update when your next visit is over.

paborn
April 28th, 2018, 23:25
I prefer to stay in Gay hotels, or at least, hotels that realize a large part of their revenue is from our business and act acordingly. I'm not coming back until January so there is plently of time to see how this plays out; however, I tried to search for reviews of the BBB inn but found none. I may have defined the search poorly, but I wonder if there is any current information. It would only be for a couple of nights on my way to Pattaya.

Dimsumbear
April 28th, 2018, 23:43
I prefer to stay in Gay hotels, or at least, hotels that realize a large part of their revenue is from our business and act acordingly. I'm not coming back until January so there is plently of time to see how this plays out; however, I tried to search for reviews of the BBB inn but found none. I may have defined the search poorly, but I wonder if there is any current information. It would only be for a couple of nights on my way to Pattaya.

Unfair for me to say as I have never spent an overnight there; but BBB sounds more like a fuck hotel for patrons of their gogo bars/massage places (?)

paborn
April 28th, 2018, 23:55
People have told me different things. Yes, an easy short term. But, also, a very basic, clean place with good aircon, strong wifi, ni e bathrooms. Not in any way fancy but not that different than a basic guest house. So, any ideas?

AsDaRa
April 29th, 2018, 11:57
Unfair for me to say as I have never spent an overnight there; but BBB sounds more like a fuck hotel for patrons of their gogo bars/massage places (?)

I have only stayed there once, the very first time I visited Bangkok. In 2015. The reason I stayed only once because it was very minimal, run down. Didn't like it at all. I also had the feeling I was about the only customer. It felt deserted.

Nirish guy
April 29th, 2018, 18:16
Just as long as the new management don’t start messing with my chocolate in the room everything will be just fine. That’s my line in the sand, once it goes I go !!!

Ha except actually in all likelihood wouldn’t even be the case as I’m lazy that way and just can’t be assed moving :-)

Dimsumbear
April 29th, 2018, 19:30
People have told me different things. Yes, an easy short term. But, also, a very basic, clean place with good aircon, strong wifi, ni e bathrooms. Not in any way fancy but not that different than a basic guest house. So, any ideas?

Well I paid a quick visit to the Babylon Sauna and was able to check out their hotel rooms. First of all is the location: it is at the end an ally in the middle nowhere/residential buildings. You will have to walk 20mins to the main road or relying on motorbike ferrying patrons back and forth. Those who stay at the hotel will get free admission to the sauna and access to their pool. I guess I have been spoiled by the eye candies at the gogo bars and naughty massage joint - the "regular" visitors are none to my taste. I skipped Babylon after 15mins there and got a four-hand massage near Silom. Good choice...lol

Josan
April 30th, 2018, 08:25
The new manager is doing more. Very friendly. I have been in and out of the Tarntawan recently 6 or 7 times. Same cleaners for the last 6 years! Have NOT seen any straights showing disrespect! AND I am always with a different guy every night. Brought a guy over from Myanmar the last time and the hotel treated him well!

Manforallseasons
April 30th, 2018, 09:27