PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night at Jupiter Bar (April 2018)

Dimsumbear
April 28th, 2018, 13:28
They must have made a fortune during Thai New Year a week earlier so all the Jupiter boys decided to take a break on Mars instead. The venue was 60% full and patrons were Asians as the reputation goes. However many were locals as most rich clueless Chinese tourists were gone after the Songkron. Their presence lingers nevertheless as the boy I was going to long time off asked for B5000. He wasnt even bluffing as he changed back to his slutty gear after I counter-offered B3000 and went straight back to stage. So much about resorting to buying sex to boost my self-esteem. Lol. Will try a message place or two on the sticky post today to see if Bangkok is still with the while, or I would have to post on the Vietnam or Combodia forums the next time.

gerefan2
April 28th, 2018, 22:54
They must have made a fortune during Thai New Year a week earlier so all the Jupiter boys decided to take a break on Mars instead. The venue was 60% full and patrons were Asians as the reputation goes. However many were locals as most rich clueless Chinese tourists were gone after the Songkron. Their presence lingers nevertheless as the boy I was going to long time off asked for B5000. He wasnt even bluffing as he changed back to his slutty gear after I counter-offered B3000 and went straight back to stage. So much about resorting to buying sex to boost my self-esteem. Lol. Will try a message place or two on the sticky post today to see if Bangkok is still with the while, or I would have to post on the Vietnam or Combodia forums the next time.

The consensus, in other threads about Jupiter, is not to off any of them.

You might have had a lucky escape!

paborn
April 28th, 2018, 23:10
It might have been covered here; but I was gone for awhile and missed it. Has any bar taken Jupiter's old quarters at the Suriwongse?

Dimsumbear
April 28th, 2018, 23:45
Paborn, well it's the new Jupiter I was referring and it's situated right the opposite of the legendary Balcony

paborn
April 28th, 2018, 23:57
Paborn, well it's the new Jupiter I was referring and it's situated right the opposite of the legendary Balcony

Yes, I know. But the move freed up space has any other bar moved in? I have been going straight to Pattaya for years but I'm planning a few days in BKK next trip and I'm curious.

a447
April 29th, 2018, 07:23
Moonlight bar has moved in.

Dimsumbear
April 29th, 2018, 10:38
@a447: Is Moonlight Bar any good? I couldn't find any info of it online but wishing to check it out tonight

a447
April 29th, 2018, 11:21
You can read about my experiences there in post #1 and #172 here:

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?19664-Bangkok-report-April-2018

paborn
April 29th, 2018, 19:50
You can read about my experiences there in post #1 and #172 here:

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?19664-Bangkok-report-April-2018
Thanks, I read that but missed the line about the bar being in Jupiter's old quarters - God I hope my cataract surgery next week helps!!

bkkguy
April 29th, 2018, 20:16

Jupiter may be the opposite of Balcony in many ways but situation-wise it is actually next door, but to be fair while there may be the potential for more legendary swords on display at Jupiter sometimes, Balcony does have more round tables and the karaoke room upstairs can be somewhat reminiscent of the Python skit about the propensity to "sing and dance alot" when not searching for the holy grail - in this case a non-moneyboy pick-up on the terrace!

bkkguy

paborn
April 29th, 2018, 20:29
Jupiter may be the opposite of Balcony in many ways but situation-wise it is actually next door, but to be fair while there may be the potential for more legendary swords on display at Jupiter sometimes, Balcony does have more round tables and the karaoke room upstairs can be somewhat reminiscent of the Python skit about the propensity to "sing and dance alot" when not searching for the holy grail - in this case a non-moneyboy pick-up on the terrace!

bkkguy
Please, really please don't take offense; but I can't figure out what your trying to say. Is Jupiter no longer a go go? Are you saying it's just for show and don't bother? Really this is very far from clear

bkkguy
April 30th, 2018, 20:05
it helps if you are a Monty Python fan - but not much!

I have only been to the new Jupiter once not long after it opened, in my opinion there there was far too much clothing on display - even the "show" was more like a fashion catwalk

however i know many people who go there regularly and love the place and from what I hear it is usually quite busy - there is no accounting for taste, so go yourself and see if it is to your taste :)

bkkguy

samebb
May 1st, 2018, 12:34

bkkguy

You are both wrong.
There is no Balcony opposite Jupiter 2018 anymore. The area has been bought by a Twilight gogo bar owner, refurbished and re-opened under the name of Welcome Bar.

sglad
May 1st, 2018, 19:58
The consensus, in other threads about Jupiter, is not to off any of them.

It's a matter of personal preference. Some of my friends (gay and straight females) luuuuurve this bar and Dreamboys. It's one of those "must drop by" places when they do their two-night, three-day Bangkok excursions.

bkkguy
May 1st, 2018, 20:07
You are both wrong.
There is no Balcony opposite Jupiter 2018 anymore. The area has been bought by a Twilight gogo bar owner, refurbished and re-opened under the name of Welcome Bar.

the post of mine you quoted says Jupiter is next door to Balcony so I am not sure why you are using it to show "both" posters are wrong about Jupiter being opposite Balcony

bkkguy

samebb
May 2nd, 2018, 03:11
the post of mine you quoted says Jupiter is next door to Balcony so I am not sure why you are using it to show "both" posters are wrong about Jupiter being opposite Balcony

bkkguy

Point taken.
Other guy was wrong... To a point.

Thank you for the correction.

Either way, drinks are a good price at Welcome Bar. Boys are nice to. Check it out!