PDA

View Full Version : Map of Sunee

DrewSpz
April 17th, 2018, 19:53
Any chance one of you wants to make an updated map of Sunee? Anytime before July would be great!

paborn
April 17th, 2018, 22:29
That's a great idea. I wish there were an updated one of Boyz town as well - I have searched and searched and a decent, clear map of the two gay areas are impossible to find. I bought a 'GROOVY" map of Pattaya and Boyztown is a rainbow dot and Sunee not at all. The closest were the old scketches on Dreaded Ned. It is not as easy to get around as one might think. In fact, if there is a source or new guide that can be bought please let me know. But if someone has the skill and will to make one it would be fantastic.

goji
April 18th, 2018, 02:49
Sunee Plaza is now so small you barely need a map. Anyone who can find the general area will manage to walk past all of the bars in about 5 minutes.

Or construct a little route to walk past the following, keeping your eyes open for any bars open in between them.

https://goo.gl/maps/wuu2Gy3DvRC2

https://goo.gl/maps/oxQ3HcZLu442

https://goo.gl/maps/yNnpqKpLBN62

https://goo.gl/maps/HeAKkcWTaTv

sglad
April 18th, 2018, 08:31
I bought a 'GROOVY" map of Pattaya and Boyztown is a rainbow dot and Sunee not at all.

Did you look for the Romper Room logo?

paborn
April 21st, 2018, 00:37
OK, I admidt "groovy" is silly. But it is the only map I found. If one is not terribly mobile a decent map of the area. I would like to venture beyond Boyztown but I'm unsure how far Sunee is from the Ambiance - no idea were Tukom is. Yes, I know all the old hands will jump on this to make remarks. But, I assure you that starting off wirh a limited walking range and afraid to get lost and have to turn back is a huge put-off

Moses
April 21st, 2018, 01:19
but I'm unsure how far Sunee is from the Ambiance - no idea were Tukom is

It is very easy: walk to Second road, turn right, walk till cross with traffic light and cross Second road and then road what crosses it and continue walk by Second road till second street on yourleft. It should be soi 17, on the corner is located Hotel VC, so many maps name this soi "soi VC". turn left to Soi VC and continue walk by this soi about 250 meters more and you will see on your right big banner "Sunee Plaza". You are there.

It is only 750 meters from Ambiance.

Here is link to this map https://goo.gl/maps/mctZ6gco3dC2

colmx
April 21st, 2018, 01:39
If 750M walking distance is too far for you, you could also take a motorbike taxi from the corner of Second Road and Pattaya Tai.... around the position of the "Little Man" (10 min/750M) on Moses map above
(Don't take a motorbike taxi from BT as they will have to go the long way around due to 1 way streets)

Brad the Impala
April 21st, 2018, 01:43
A splendid map Moses, I hope that it is duly appreciated.

Alternatively the poster could have just learned how to use google maps. With that knowledge he could navigate himself for ever.

paborn
April 21st, 2018, 03:11
Thank you so much, this is invaluable. I think I can walk it - much of the problem is giving up when you don't know where you are. Again, thanks so much

paborn
April 21st, 2018, 03:14
A splendid map Moses, I hope that it is duly appreciated.

Alternatively the poster could have just learned how to use google maps. With that knowledge he could navigate himself for ever.
I do appreciate the map and the skills but not your rude and impertient comment.

gerefan2
April 21st, 2018, 10:11
I do appreciate the map and the skills but not your rude and impertient comment.

Ha ha.... Welcome to the board!

francois
April 21st, 2018, 16:09
If taking a motorbike taxi just say sue-KNEE plaa-ZA and raising your voice on the KNEE and ZA. 60-80 Baht.

DrewSpz
April 21st, 2018, 21:00
Anyway I know Sunee, the orig. post wasn’t about how to get there... rather it was about a map of which bars/ massage/ restos/ etc . Are still open. Sometimes at night it’s hard to tell what’s what. It’s getting so dark in that alley. Lol!

paborn
April 21st, 2018, 21:14
Over the years I have seen so many motorbike slaughters , esp around songkhran , that I would never get on one. Actually, a young man I know here lost both legs last year in an accident - i would need to be sedated

goji
April 22nd, 2018, 16:07

There is too much rudeness on this board, however the advice to use Google maps is goood advice and is not at all rude. If anything, the response to it is rude.

The original route is not optimum for distance. Try this:

dinagam
April 22nd, 2018, 19:28
Taking the longer route will help you burn more calories and loosen up those stiff joints and tone up the muscles.

Moses
April 22nd, 2018, 19:43

"original" is longer for 50 meters, but has only 2 turns on the way and excellent visible landmarks where to have turns - that what newcomer need...

sglad
April 22nd, 2018, 20:09

I'm sorry but I'm not sure how Brad's observation/advice is rude or impertinent. At worst, it was terse and that's reaaaally stretching it. And if by impertinent, you mean he was being disrespectful, then I'd carefully check my own sense of superiority if I were you. Alternatively, if by impertinent you mean his remark was irrelevant to the matter at hand, then I'd respectfully disagree with you as his remark was entirely germane to what is being discussed.

sglad
April 22nd, 2018, 20:21
If anyone is curious, Gurudwara Pattaya is a Sikh temple. It should be gurdwara (pronounced as 'goord'). We have a small Sikh community in Singapore. In Thailand, they are also an ethnic minority but an economic powerhouse.

paborn
April 26th, 2018, 01:59
If the OP is still looking for a map. I remembered that Thai puan ( google it and the link comes up ) the online magazine that Cutey Beauty sponsors has maps in the sections for each gay area. I suspect they are not up to date, but I'm not sure

scottish-guy
April 26th, 2018, 02:42
If anyone is curious, Gurudwara Pattaya is a Sikh temple. It should be gurdwara (pronounced as 'goord'). We have a small Sikh community in Singapore. In Thailand, they are also an ethnic minority but an economic powerhouse.

We recently got a conducted tour of the Glasgow Gurudwara - and it was certainly very interesting

paborn
April 26th, 2018, 03:32
There is too much rudeness on this board, however the advice to use Google maps is goood advice and is not at all rude. If anything, the response to it is rude.

I appreciate this map. However, you did not quote the remark that I found rude. It was far more than simple advice to use google as a start. Really? Is there anhyone in 2018 who needs that as adive? No, there was a very strong reek of snide remark and ai objected to that. I stand by my original note ; the posting added nothing to the discussion other than the insinuation that I would not appreciate the map makers efforts.

DrewSpz
April 26th, 2018, 22:44
Okay let’s just let his post die now, no need to bicker as always. If ever there was an up-to-date map, that’d be cool.

Maybe I’ll take a go at it in July when I’m there

paborn
April 26th, 2018, 23:44
Okay let’s just let his post die now, no need to bicker as always. If ever there was an up-to-date map, that’d be cool.

Maybe I’ll take a go at it in July when I’m there

Your right of course. It's very hard not to be drawn in - if you have the skills to make such a map - I , for one, would appreciate it.

goji
April 29th, 2018, 03:47
I appreciate this map. However, you did not quote the remark that I found rude.
You repeated it in post #10, so no need to do so again.

Follow good advice, don't criticize it.

paborn
April 29th, 2018, 05:42
You repeated it in post #10, so no need to do so again.

Follow good advice, don't criticize it.

So, just what are you jumping in for?