View Full Version : For a first time visitor to Pattaya what is recommended?

July 23rd, 2006, 18:25
I'm a 40 yr old aussie guy, prefer more of a pub scene than clubs etc.. Can anyone provide some advice? I'll be in Pattaya for 2 weeks. Am looking for a nice relaxing holiday with some pleasant, none hassling, good looking Thai guys. Cheers

July 23rd, 2006, 18:49
Welcome NewMike. If you visit and read the advise on the following sites, along with the posts of what is currently happening in Pattaya on this site, you should be able to achieve your goal.

High recommended for basic knowledge and the right places to go:
pattayagay.com/main.html (http://pattayagay.com/main.html)

www.dreadedned.com/source/index.htm (http://www.dreadedned.com/source/index.htm)

A good view of the happenings around town:
www.pattayagay.com/weeklyreport.html (http://www.pattayagay.com/weeklyreport.html)

Finally, the search function on this site will help you locate good threads on restaurants, tipping, bars, etc. Do not forget to look at the Resource Forum here.

www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=8 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=8)

firecat69
July 23rd, 2006, 18:58
If you want to stay out of the GoGo bars and still want cute companionship then just spend your days at Jomtien (gay beach).

You won't be hassled but if you want companionship there will be numerous cute boys and all you have to do is smile.

At night go to Sunee Plaza and spend time in the Beer Bars such as Memories , where again you will find opportunities for companionship.

The previous threads given will definitely give you a feel for where you want to spend your time.

July 23rd, 2006, 19:34
If you like relaxion and quiet then some of the beer bars in the Jomtien Complex are for you. Two faces and the gaggle of little bars around there, plus the Bondi Guesthouse/Bar which livens up with some fabulously live easy listening music. Panorama Bar, in Boyztown, is very friendly and you can sit outside and watch the masses or venture upstairs for a game of pool with one of the boys. The bar next to Panorama (I can never remember the name) is very welcoming and friendly too. Sunee Plaza has a host of beer bars (something Pattayaland lacks) and you will find at least one out of all of them that you will like and which will become a regular haunt for you. You will find plenty of choice. Enjoy.

bing
July 23rd, 2006, 20:27
If you want to get pointed in the right direction. You might stop in at Monty's B&B in the Sunee area, and have a fellow Aussie, Monty, give you the inside skinny.

July 23rd, 2006, 21:28
Try meet somebody nice at gay.com ?

thailand - bangkok room

July 23rd, 2006, 21:29
The bar next to Panorama (I can never remember the name) is very welcoming and friendly too. .

the one with hearts on the t-shirts?

July 23rd, 2006, 21:37
Do you want to pay for your sexual companionship, or do you want to find non-commercial guys who might genuinely be interested in something other than your wallet?

July 23rd, 2006, 21:40
There are two bars next to Panorama. My Life, the one with the hearts on the T-shirts, and Serene Bar, at least that is what I call it.

bkkguy
July 23rd, 2006, 23:58
Do you want to pay for your sexual companionship, or do you want to find non-commercial guys who might genuinely be interested in something other than your wallet?

is this a joke? he is going to pattaya for two weeks not fantasy island

bkkguy

July 24th, 2006, 00:55
Not a joke. My advice would be completely different for someone who wants to have a whoring holiday as opposed to a cruising-for-sex holiday. I think a lot of people forget that the latter is just as possible in Thailand as the former.

July 24th, 2006, 10:22
Cheers

July 24th, 2006, 10:53
Try meet somebody nice at gay.com ? thailand - bangkok roomIn my (extensive) experience very few boys from Pattaya use gay.com chat - they're almost all from Bangkok. But that would be my advice anyway ie. don't bother with Pattaya

bkkguy
July 24th, 2006, 12:13
Not a joke.

the original request was for "more a pub scene than clubs" so what pubs in Pattaya are you going to suggest for a 40yo first timer to "find non-commercial guys who might genuinely be interested in something other than [his] wallet?" and no I don't think the toilets at Big C have been re-classified as a pub yet!

bkkguy

July 24th, 2006, 12:17
"Pubs" also don't sound like "go-go bars" to me. Actually, it's not clear what the original poster was after -- or even if he knows much at Pattaya. That's why I asked. Do you have a problem?

bkkguy
July 24th, 2006, 12:23
like most first-timers he probably does not know a lot about Pattaya, but you asked was he looking for commercial or non-commercial sex as if both were viable options in Pattaya so what venues (or whatever) do you recommend for first-timers for non-commercial sex?

bkkguy

July 24th, 2006, 13:16
like most first-timers he probably does not know a lot about Pattaya, but you asked was he looking for commercial or non-commercial sex as if both were viable options in Pattaya so what venues (or whatever) do you recommend for first-timers for non-commercial sex?

bkkguy

You're right: it's not easy to find in Pattaya. But not impossible. I'd try to make some contacts on the internet in advance of arrival. Though there might not be a lot of Pattaya guys on gay.com anf the like, it's quite easy to find Bangkok, Chonburi, and Rayong boys willing to travel in for a hook-up.

catawampuscat
July 25th, 2006, 10:01
sorry lmtu, La Cage??, unless one likes very feminine boys, recommending this ladyboy beer bar seems a bit odd.. the author is only 40 and since the average age of the farangs is closer to 70, I can't imagine anyone who doesn't like old queeny Brits and really fem boys, enjoying La Cage.. and David is not everyone's cup of tea either...

To each his own but beer bars like Memories, Place to Be, and Come In would be better choices in Sunee,if he likes his boys without makeup and hormone induced tits and ancient boring Brits......just my opinion....

July 25th, 2006, 11:25
sorry lmtu, La Cage??, unless one likes very feminine boys, recommending this ladyboy beer bar seems a bit odd.. the author is only 40 and since the average age of the farangs is closer to 70, I can't imagine anyone who doesn't like old queeny Brits and really fem boys, enjoying La Cage.. and David is not everyone's cup of tea either...

To each his own but beer bars like Memories, Place to Be, and Come In would be better choices in Sunee,if he likes his boys without makeup and hormone induced tits and ancient boring Brits......just my opinion....

Have to agree with comment about 'Come in' bar in Sunee. Very nice bar, relaxed and friendly. After just one visit the guys remembered my name and they are chatty and helpful without being pushy. As for La Cage, I am sure it has many who admire the bar. Personally I walk past this bar every other day and I am yet to see any customers, and yes, from the calls of the boys there, it does seem overpopulated with ladyboys.

July 25th, 2006, 14:34
DELETED

paulg
July 25th, 2006, 16:09
me thinks the beach might be a bit hot coming from winter.so a bar with takeout boys open during the day and right at the beach Bamboo could be what you are looking for

go here and you will find it in jomtien beach road near police box

http://www.pattayagay.com/pattaya_maps/mappage1.html

this is very good site for maps where to go everything

www.pattayagay.com (http://www.pattayagay.com)
[/b]