PDA

View Full Version : Songkran Silom Soi 4

Patanawet
April 2nd, 2018, 14:31
Here, from the latest Balcony Pub newsletter. Arrangements for Soi 4.

justaguy
April 2nd, 2018, 18:15
Oh my, I heared as such, apparently the BKK governor (unelected) had a vision.

idiots

Jellybean
April 2nd, 2018, 19:18
The news that there will be no water throwing or powder smearing allowed in Silom soi 4 this year will, I suspect, be the cause of major disappointment for many Songkran Silom soi 4 regulars who look forward to the annual water festival.

On the other hand, it may be good news for those who dislike getting soaked when using Silom soi 4. But they will still have to run the gauntlet to get to the soi and will be hard pressed to avoid getting wet.

justaguy
April 2nd, 2018, 20:15
The news that there will be no water throwing or powder smearing allowed in Silom soi 4 this year will, I suspect, be the cause of major disappointment for many Songkran Silom soi 4 regulars who look forward to the annual water festival.

On the other hand, it may be good news for those who dislike getting soaked when using Silom soi 4. But they will still have to run the gauntlet to get to the soi and will be hard pressed to avoid getting wet.

There are 365 days in the year, and only three days of water throwing, oh my god, when do people learn to live and let live ?

And yeah, on silom there is water throwing so you are probably right. Even though the last two years I actually managed to get to Silom 4 completely dry. It's hardly rocket science, you take the BTS to Saladaeng, and from exit number 4 to Silom 4 is only about a few hundred meters, just navigate through the crowd :D

Jellybean
April 2nd, 2018, 20:39
There are 365 days in the year, and only three days of water throwing, oh my god, when do people learn to live and let live ? . . .

I’m with you on this one, justaguy. I count myself as Silom soi 4 regular.

A few years ago, my then boyfriend and I were entering Silom soi 4 in the late afternoon and we both aimed our water pistols and squirted a fa-ràng who was leaving the soi with a Thai friend or boyfriend.

Unbelievably, the grumpy old fucker took great exception to being soaked and remonstrated with us! Excuse me, but if he didn’t want soaked, WTF was he doing in the middle of soak-me-central? And he was about to get drenched even more as he made his way up or down Silom Road.

:D

a447
April 2nd, 2018, 20:47
I used to enjoy Songkran near Sala Daeng and was surprised when tourists would get angry when squirted.

What on earth were they doing in Thailand during the water festival?

justaguy
April 2nd, 2018, 22:29
it defies logic to be honest :)

Patanawet
April 9th, 2018, 15:27
I’m with you on this one, justaguy.

Unbelievably, the grumpy old fucker took great exception to being soaked and remonstrated with us!

:D
I do so hope the GOF was me.
Try living and working here.
I actually enjoy being soaked by Thais or kids but not when inconsiderate farang thugs do it or worse fire powerful guns at a motorbike rider.
Enjoy your Songkran.